Home
Posted By: hatari Future of California - 10/17/19
On a basically serious note, California, which in the '50s and '60s was the the most progressive state (progressive as in innovative and admired, not politically progressive) in the union. Today, it is a Leftist [bleep] that is deteriorating at a rate unimaginable even 20 years ago and with Orwellian like government. Homeless addicts crapping in the streets, illegals spreading Third World disease and poverty. Outrageous taxes. Rolling blackouts. IT is a joke!

What will ever change it for the better?

I think only "The Big One".

Honestly, it will take a 1906 + Northridge earthquake x 10 with the San Andreas fault moving so drastically that the place ends up in rumble and they start from scratch. That will be a disaster of unimaginable scale, but short of that, California will continue its current slid into Third Worldom.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Future of California - 10/17/19
Under the democrats, California has no future.

kwg
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Future of California - 10/17/19
They should tar and feather Gavin Newsome and run his sorry ass out on a rail.
Posted By: smithrjd Re: Future of California - 10/17/19
Signed a recall petition on the A hole. I'm outa here as soon as I retire. The way things are going I doubt there is any good future. Too bad, it is a great place, if only they could get rid of the fruits and nuts.
Posted By: fburgtx Re: Future of California - 10/17/19
The problem in California is coming soon to many states, and the main cause is large cities. All it takes is one or two large population centers in ANY state, to essentially ruin it for all the other residents. Folks living in what is essentially an “amusement park”, forcing their warped sense of reality on everyone else.
Posted By: sierraHunter Re: Future of California - 10/17/19
Until those living their find a solution to deal with the corruption there is nothing but a bleak future ahead for that state. It truly was a beautiful place and now heading downhill quick. The following is a brief summary of the "swamp" behind the politics in the state of California at this time.

Posted By: Stump Buster Re: Future of California - 10/17/19
You guys are absolutely correct.

You'd think with all the COEXIST stickers around here, the lefties would be more TOLERANT of ALTERNATIVE lifestyles.

3 years can't get here fast enough and it's unlikely the USSC won't rule on all the stuff wrong here in time to stop me from leaving. It's a shame the people living in rural northern CA and eastern OR/WA dodn't/won't take the State of Jefferson efforts serious enough.

The chair is against the wall... John has a long moustache...
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Future of California - 10/17/19
Democrats want the USA to look like california.
Posted By: tdbob Re: Future of California - 10/17/19
Hello Venezuela
Posted By: rifletom Re: Future of California - 10/17/19
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Democrats want the USA to look like california.

Yep.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Future of California - 10/17/19
As a former Californian I think it’s awful.

What do we have to do to convince voters in large cities that they would be a lot better off “back the way it was” and voting Republican?

Long term that’s the only hope.
Posted By: Dess Re: Future of California - 10/17/19
Any kind of pandemic will hit densely population centers the hardest. It will be the dark ages all over again.
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: Future of California - 10/17/19
I spend a lot of time there for work and it has really gone to hell over the last 25 years for sure. It is going to implode if it continues down this path.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Future of California - 10/17/19
AGENDA 21
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Future of California - 10/17/19
Originally Posted by fburgtx
The problem in California is coming soon to many states, and the main cause is large cities. All it takes is one or two large population centers in ANY state, to essentially ruin it for all the other residents. Folks living in what is essentially an “amusement park”, forcing their warped sense of reality on everyone else.

It came here in a big way, and now we are a blue state with all the weird ideas they brought. I'm actually glad I'm getting old and got to experience a world without their schidt covering the land.

We should have opened a season on the vermin settling here years ago and maybe even paid bounties.
Posted By: Remsen Re: Future of California - 10/17/19
I'm sorta one foot in California, one foot in Montana (i.e., leaving CA). I've lived around the world, but the bulk of the time has been in California, and I don't think there's anything that will save this place other than enough people getting pissed off at what has happened and rejecting the left. I don't think this will happen in my lifetime, though. The majority of people voting in CA want what is happening and it's up to them to change it. So making them live with the consequences of their votes is the only real option, and it's far from a sure thing that these idiots will realize how much they've hurt themselves.
Originally Posted by Remsen
I'm sorta one foot in California, one foot in Montana (i.e., leaving CA). I've lived around the world, but the bulk of the time has been in California, and I don't think there's anything that will save this place other than enough people getting pissed off at what has happened and rejecting the left. I don't think this will happen in my lifetime, though. The majority of people voting in CA want what is happening and it's up to them to change it. So making them live with the consequences of their votes is the only real option, and it's far from a sure thing that these idiots will realize how much they've hurt themselves.

Living with their consequences isn't their only real option. Too often, they leave, go somewhere else, vote, and screw that place up too.
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: Future of California - 10/17/19
I’m afraid the illegals have taken over California and soon Texas will be in the same boat.
As crappie as LA is it’s a lot better than where they came from. A step down for US citizens is a step up for most people from other countries. Hasbeen
Posted By: Remsen Re: Future of California - 10/17/19
Originally Posted by Dess

Living with their consequences isn't their only real option. Too often, they leave, go somewhere else, vote, and screw that place up too.

I meant this as a response to what can be done to change California as a political subdivision of the United States.
Posted By: colvin Re: Future of California - 10/17/19

You just described what us upstate New Yorkers put up with daily.

I meant this as a response to what can be done to change California as a political subdivision of the United States.

I agree with you. smile Tough call to leave your home and escape. I'd probably leave too if everything I did to help didn't work. No sense going down with the ship.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Future of California - 10/17/19
Gosh....I sure wish something terrible would happen to California so that the narrative I love to push would be proven correct...or more correct.

I would sure feel better about my own bullshit if that happened.

Sheesh.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Future of California - 10/17/19
40 million people in CA

37.2% hispanic
35.0% white
14.8% Asian
6.5% Black or African American
1.7% Native American and Alaska Native
0.5% Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander
3.8% Two or More Races

Posted By: Craigster Re: Future of California - 10/17/19
Originally Posted by luv2safari

It came here in a big way, and now we are a blue state with all the weird ideas they brought. I'm actually glad I'm getting old and got to experience a world without their schidt covering the land.

We should have opened a season on the vermin settling here years ago and maybe even paid bounties.

Ya know Bruce, far as I can tell, you're a pretty good guy. But I gotta tell ya, I get tired of you blaming all NV's problems on Calis. It gets old after a while.
Posted By: sierraHunter Re: Future of California - 10/17/19
Originally Posted by Clarkm
40 million people in CA

37.2% hispanic
35.0% white
14.8% Asian
3.8% Two or More Races

You can also add in the fact that 16-18 percent were born in another country. Their reference on issues, voting, common sense to constitution etc, is framed in the culture they came from. Makes it fairly hard to get the voters able to see they are getting the short stick on the draw and that their options are already rigged. Sad, as this is likely to occur in many other states with these same basic issues.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Future of California - 10/17/19
Originally Posted by Craigster
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Ya know Bruce, far as I can tell, you're a pretty good guy. But I gotta tell ya, I get tired of you blaming all NV's problems on Calis. It gets old after a while.

Craig,

It was a real nice State before the invasion. I've watched who came and what they brought for many years, and it did get spoiled by the influx from CA.

I wish that most or all who fled over the line here to the east were like you. It would still be a free and open place. Instead, our future will someday be the same as CA's, and that isn't exactly what the natives want.

You're always welcome here, my friend. wink
Posted By: Craigster Re: Future of California - 10/17/19
Thanks Bruce.

CA today is not what the natives here wanted/want either. Trust me, I shoulda, cuoulda, woulda been out of this f ucked up state a long time ago. Life happens.
Posted By: Higginez Re: Future of California - 10/17/19
Where is Sal?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/california-expands-gun-seizure-law
Posted By: poboy Re: Future of California - 10/17/19
Houston, Dallas, Austin. Tx liberal strongholds all. They vote.
Posted By: kingston Re: Future of California - 10/18/19

Literally unimaginable.

This needs to be challenged.
Posted By: WTF Re: Future of California - 10/18/19

This. They started it in Colorado in the 80s.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Future of California - 10/18/19
Colorado has gone under and moves closer to california by the day.
Posted By: Craigster Re: Future of California - 10/18/19
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Gosh....I sure wish something terrible would happen to California so that the narrative I love to push would be proven correct...or more correct.

Sheesh.

When Yellowstone blows you and yours in MT will more than likely be f ucked something terrible. Hope that makes you feel better about your own bullshit.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Future of California - 10/18/19
Thanks Bruce.

CA today is not what the natives here wanted/want either. Trust me, I shoulda, cuoulda, woulda been out of this f ucked up state a long time ago. Life happens.

It's a damn shame that the slow can't look to California as the failed experiment in liberalism that it is. They still line up to swallow Bernie's freebie line of shiite.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Future of California - 10/18/19

Sheesh.

Bubbling Caldera vs Tectonic Plates
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Future of California - 10/18/19

Sheesh.

When Yellowstone blows you and yours in MT will more than likely be f ucked something terrible. Hope that makes you feel better about your own bullshit.

Craigster, Big Jim is trying to point out how dumb some of the other posts are.

Of all the people on here, he's about the least likely to wish harm on anyone.

Sycamore
Originally Posted by Sycamore

Sheesh.

Craigster, Big Jim is trying to point out how dumb some of the other posts are.

Of all the people on here, he's about the least likely to wish harm on anyone.

Sycamore

In this case, Sycamore is more than "sort of" right..
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Future of California - 10/18/19
A liberal can [bleep] up anything including Paradise. California is one of the most beautiful states period, mountains, ocean, not many states have its natural resources. Those factors drove up the population, insane politicians created its problems.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Future of California - 10/18/19
40 million people in CA

37.2% hispanic
35.0% white
14.8% Asian
3.8% Two or More Races

Pretty much sums it up. Especially when one takes into account that at least half the Whites are liberal fruitcakes.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Future of California - 10/18/19
40 million people in CA

37.2% hispanic
35.0% white
14.8% Asian
3.8% Two or More Races

Hillary won 4.3 million votes more then Trump in 2016 in CA. Tells me that there are more conservatives among all those groups then previously thought.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Future of California - 10/18/19
Originally Posted by hatari
On a basically serious note, California, which in the '50s and '60s was the the most progressive state (progressive as in innovative and admired, not politically progressive) in the union. Today, it is a Leftist [bleep] that is deteriorating at a rate unimaginable even 20 years ago and with Orwellian like government. Homeless addicts crapping in the streets, illegals spreading Third World disease and poverty. Outrageous taxes. Rolling blackouts. IT is a joke!

Honestly, it will take a 1906 + Northridge earthquake x 10 with the San Andreas fault moving so drastically that the place ends up in rumble and they start from scratch. That will be a disaster of unimaginable scale, but short of that, California will continue its current slid into Third Worldom.
Did you see this Foxnews article that's up now? Maybe the big one is starting. There's a new major fault opening in southern CA.

Major Southern California fault line eyed after study shows unprecedented movement
By Danielle Wallace | Fox News

A major southern California fault capable of producing a magnitude 8 temblor started to move for the first time in 500 years following a series of earthquakes in the Mojave Desert over the summer, according to a new study published Thursday in the journal Science.

The study by geophysicists from the California Institute of Technology and NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory found that the Garlock Fault – which runs east to west for 185 miles from the San Andreas Fault to Death Valley – has slipped .8 inches since July. This is the first movement documented on the fault in the modern historical record.

“This is surprising, because we’ve never seen the Garlock fault do anything. Here, all of a sudden, it changed its behavior,” Zachary Ross, assistant professor of geophysics at Caltech and lead author of the paper, told the Los Angeles Time. “We don’t know what it means.”

Satellite images show the process called fault creep began after Southern California experienced its largest earthquake sequence in two decades beginning on July 4. A magnitude 6.4 foreshock rocked the Mojave Desert about 120 miles north of Los Angeles before a magnitude 7.1 mainshock hit the next day in addition to more than 100,000 aftershocks.

The earthquakes that hammered the desert town of Ridgecrest sent ruptures on a web of interconnected faults throughout the region, putting added strain on the Garlock Fault. Ross said about 20 previously unknown crisscrossing faults were involved, which adds evidence that major earthquakes can be caused by a more complex process, not solely by a rupture on a single major fault line.

Ross developed automated computer analysis of seismometer data to detect the huge number of aftershocks with precise location information, Caltech and JPL said in a press release. Ross said the 6.4 quake simultaneously broke faults at right angles to each other, which he characterized as surprising.

"It's going to force people to think hard about how we quantify seismic hazard and whether our approach to defining faults needs to change," Ross said. "We can't just assume that the largest faults dominate the seismic hazard if many smaller faults can link up to create these major quakes."

The study’s findings were published the same day Gov. Gavin Newsom announced the launch of the nation’s first statewide Earthquake Early Warning System, which will use ground sensors from across the state to detect earthquakes before humans can feel them.

A ShakeAlert system has been under development by the U.S. Geological Survey and science institutions for years will now push alerts to cellphones through an app developed by the University of California, Berkeley, and the Wire Emergency Alert system.

ShakeAlert uses hundreds of seismic sensor stations to detect the start of an earthquake, calculate its location and strength and generate alerts that the app and WEA system send to phones in areas that are expected to have significant shaking. The intent is to provide seconds or tens of seconds in which people can protect themselves before shaking arrives at their location.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by hatari

Did you see this Foxnews article that's up now? Maybe the big one is starting. There's a new major fault opening in southern CA.

Major Southern California fault line eyed after study shows unprecedented movement
By Danielle Wallace | Fox News

A major southern California fault capable of producing a magnitude 8 temblor started to move for the first time in 500 years following a series of earthquakes in the Mojave Desert over the summer, according to a new study published Thursday in the journal Science.

The study by geophysicists from the California Institute of Technology and NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory found that the Garlock Fault – which runs east to west for 185 miles from the San Andreas Fault to Death Valley – has slipped .8 inches since July. This is the first movement documented on the fault in the modern historical record.

“This is surprising, because we’ve never seen the Garlock fault do anything. Here, all of a sudden, it changed its behavior,” Zachary Ross, assistant professor of geophysics at Caltech and lead author of the paper, told the Los Angeles Time. “We don’t know what it means.”

Satellite images show the process called fault creep began after Southern California experienced its largest earthquake sequence in two decades beginning on July 4. A magnitude 6.4 foreshock rocked the Mojave Desert about 120 miles north of Los Angeles before a magnitude 7.1 mainshock hit the next day in addition to more than 100,000 aftershocks.

The earthquakes that hammered the desert town of Ridgecrest sent ruptures on a web of interconnected faults throughout the region, putting added strain on the Garlock Fault. Ross said about 20 previously unknown crisscrossing faults were involved, which adds evidence that major earthquakes can be caused by a more complex process, not solely by a rupture on a single major fault line.

Ross developed automated computer analysis of seismometer data to detect the huge number of aftershocks with precise location information, Caltech and JPL said in a press release. Ross said the 6.4 quake simultaneously broke faults at right angles to each other, which he characterized as surprising.

"It's going to force people to think hard about how we quantify seismic hazard and whether our approach to defining faults needs to change," Ross said. "We can't just assume that the largest faults dominate the seismic hazard if many smaller faults can link up to create these major quakes."

The study’s findings were published the same day Gov. Gavin Newsom announced the launch of the nation’s first statewide Earthquake Early Warning System, which will use ground sensors from across the state to detect earthquakes before humans can feel them.

A ShakeAlert system has been under development by the U.S. Geological Survey and science institutions for years will now push alerts to cellphones through an app developed by the University of California, Berkeley, and the Wire Emergency Alert system.

ShakeAlert uses hundreds of seismic sensor stations to detect the start of an earthquake, calculate its location and strength and generate alerts that the app and WEA system send to phones in areas that are expected to have significant shaking. The intent is to provide seconds or tens of seconds in which people can protect themselves before shaking arrives at their location.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

This is the one all you guys are wishing for:

https://pnsn.org/outreach/earthquakesources/csz

In addition to CA, it will take out So.BC, WA, and OR.
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Future of California - 10/18/19
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
40 million people in CA

37.2% hispanic
35.0% white
14.8% Asian
3.8% Two or More Races

Hillary won 4.3 million votes more then Trump in 2016 in CA. Tells me that there are more conservatives among all those groups then previously thought.

There are more conservatives in California, than there are residents in half the states in the country.
So, the pressure under the Cascade range pushes up until the entire WA, OR, and CA coast line flips over, kind of like Guam, right? grin
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
40 million people in CA

37.2% hispanic
35.0% white
14.8% Asian
3.8% Two or More Races

There are more conservatives in California, than there are residents in half the states in the country.
Which is precisely why protecting the Electoral College is so important. The conservatives in CA are outvoted but the other conservative states still have a say in what happens.
Read the book.

https://www.amazon.com/Cascadias-Fault-Earthquake-Tsunami-Devastate/dp/1582438242
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Future of California - 10/18/19
The root of most violent crime is male hormone mixed with low IQ.
Low IQ can be inherited or induced with alcohol or drugs.

California is trying to reduce violent crime with gun control.
This may be counterproductive as guns are needed for defense, and a perp could kill 10 people per minute with a club or knife.

California is also receiving immigrants with male hormone and low IQ.
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Future of California - 10/18/19
We did recall Gray Davis and a recall effort for Newsome is underway. The gasoline tax is slated to increase with no limits this time when Jan 1 rolls around. so that may help with any recall effort.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Future of California - 10/18/19
Originally Posted by tdbob
Hello Venezuela

One state at a time it looks like
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Future of California - 10/18/19
Only one hope, immigration is stopped, and a couple generations in you’ll have a Catholic, pro-gun, anti-gay Hispanic population. As long as the third world is allowed to flood in, not only will CA continue to rot, so too will TX and FL next, then more to follow.
It was only 15 years ago CA voted no to gay marriage, no to services to illegals, the cancer spreads fast.
Posted By: pheasant665 Re: Future of California - 10/18/19
We get the Government we deserve, they voted to be represented that way. if they wake up, change the way they think and vote and demand for a system change, CA will keep on sinking.
Posted By: OLO Re: Future of California - 10/18/19
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
They should tar and feather Gavin Newsome and run his sorry ass out on a rail.

Yes that is true
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Future of California - 10/18/19
A lot of you fellas see this shift in California to democratic socialism as a racially based issue, and that is certainly true as far as it goes since it's a given that hispanics are mostly block voters for the democratic party. However, living in rural Cal most of my 73 years, I think the problem is equally, a divide between rural and urban mindsets. The huge population centers of LA and SF literally rule the state. Colorado's got Denver, Nevada has Las Vegas, Washington has Seattle, guys, it's coming to a town near you. Adding to the rural/urban divide is the endless stream of kids graduating the re-education gulags called colleges. If a kid leaves home with both feet on the ground, and his head screwed on straight to go to college, say goodbye, because you won't recognize that kid four or five years later. So if you think imaginary lines on a map determine a person's political and social views, I call boolshat. Living cheek and jowl in high population density is what screws up people. Don't believe me, look at the red/blue voter map, and compare it with population maps.
Posted By: rifletom Re: Future of California - 10/18/19
Ahh, the love for this state[Ca.] is so over whelming. "Bubbling caldera and tectonic plates." Priceless!
flintlocke,

well said.
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Future of California - 10/19/19
Originally Posted by flintlocke
A lot of you fellas see this shift in California to democratic socialism as a racially based issue, and that is certainly true as far as it goes since it's a given that hispanics are mostly block voters for the democratic party. However, living in rural Cal most of my 73 years, I think the problem is equally, a divide between rural and urban mindsets. The huge population centers of LA and SF literally rule the state. Colorado's got Denver, Nevada has Las Vegas, Washington has Seattle, guys, it's coming to a town near you. Adding to the rural/urban divide is the endless stream of kids graduating the re-education gulags called colleges. If a kid leaves home with both feet on the ground, and his head screwed on straight to go to college, say goodbye, because you won't recognize that kid four or five years later. So if you think imaginary lines on a map determine a person's political and social views, I call boolshat. Living cheek and jowl in high population density is what screws up people. Don't believe me, look at the red/blue voter map, and compare it with population maps.

All of we CA natives have seen it happen, many others think it’s a CA problem. You all have heard the saying, as CA goes, so goes the nation..better heed that history and accept CA is the miner’s canary, not some outlier growing liberals out in the crop fields. EVERY kid in this country is being indoctrinated, for some it won’t work, but two of my three It did to a certain degree. A lot of kids have a hell of a lot more faith in their teachers than they do their parents. Being native CA, I have seen many kids of conservative parents get sucked in.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Future of California - 10/19/19
California needs an Electoral College.
Posted By: super T Re: Future of California - 10/19/19
In a way, California is a problem for Texas, Nevada, Idaho, Utah, and other states because Californians are leaving by the thousands headed for greener pastures. I know because I'm going to cut all the ties to California. As an example, Boise Idaho and the sounding areas have been the not so happy recipient of thousands in the past several years, doing some bad things to home prices. In the 1930's tens of thousands game to California( the grapes of wrath) now thousands are leaving (the wrath of the grapes)
Originally Posted by flintlocke

This, in spades.
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: Future of California - 10/20/19
This week the Gov vetoed a bill that would have allowed School Resources Officers to collect disability if injured on the job.

But he did sign a law allowing felons to serve on juries as parolees needed a jury "of their peers".
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
This week the Gov vetoed a bill that would have allowed School Resources Officers to collect disability if injured on the job.

But he did sign a law allowing felons to serve on juries as parolees needed a jury "of their peers".

[Linked Image from i.stack.imgur.com]
© 24hourcampfire