Home
Posted By: WyoCowboy when a kids warms your soul. - 10/18/19
My son had his 6th birthday, exciting time at that age, and he spotted a big pumpkin at the store and wanted to make pumpkin seeds and pumpkin pie.

No arguments from me and the wife so we gutted the pumpkin and made a pie. Let the boy do most of the work, and he loved it.
I was cleaning everything up as mommy was taking care of the baby and asked the 6 year old if he wanted a spoon full of the filling.

He said no Daddy I don't like pumpkin pie. A little frustrated at first I said, then why did you want to make a pumpkin pie?

Boy said, Daddy I wanted to make a pie for you and mom to share.

It made cleaning up the mess a whole lot easier.
Outstanding.
smile smile smile
Posted By: efw Re: when a kids warms your soul. - 10/18/19
That’s awesome man cherish this time it passes way too quickly. My kids are all wonderful and I wouldn’t trade em for anything but we all lose that childish innocence as we mature.
Posted By: jpb Re: when a kids warms your soul. - 10/18/19
Mighty cool!

John
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy
My son had his 6th birthday, exciting time at that age, and he spotted a big pumpkin at the store and wanted to make pumpkin seeds and pumpkin pie.

No arguments from me and the wife so we gutted the pumpkin and made a pie. Let the boy do most of the work, and he loved it.
I was cleaning everything up as mommy was taking care of the baby and asked the 6 year old if he wanted a spoon full of the filling.

He said no Daddy I don't like pumpkin pie. A little frustrated at first I said, then why did you want to make a pumpkin pie?

Boy said, Daddy I wanted to make a pie for you and mom to share.

It made cleaning up the mess a whole lot easier.

That's a good Boy.

Makes the bad irritating stuff of the day all go away.
yeah, cute and loving six year olds are all right I guess.
Posted By: DMc Re: when a kids warms your soul. - 10/18/19
You'll find there will be a lot of those moments in the future...
Good stuff! My two year old will go sit at her desk with one of her books and put on a pair of my wife's old glasses that the lenses fell out of. It's always fun around here.
Find a blank book, and take time to write those treasures down with names, dates, and places included.

Have a 5 year old neighbor that just likes to come and talk when he catches me outside. About the only time though that I hear him talk, as he and his two siblings do nothing but scream at one another. I'm amazed at the subjects he wants to discuss and enjoy the time. He always leaves with a final "have a good day" wrap up.
Posted By: hanco Re: when a kids warms your soul. - 10/18/19
I like that, you are very proud I bet!!
Posted By: hanco Re: when a kids warms your soul. - 10/19/19
Showed that to wifey, she loved it!!
when their young, when they get old...Haa its another story.
© 24hourcampfire