Home
I'm figuring that there are many here that wear flannel shirts once it gets cold. I wore out my lined shirt that doubled as my shooting coat for silhouette, my last unlined shirt is holding up but I need to get a couple decent shirts that are not made out of thin cloth before I wear it out. Where do I look?
I bought a lifetime supply of original Horny Toad heavyweight blended fabric flannel before they were bought out by the skinny jeans freaks.
Something like this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Horny-Toad-Co-Men-s-NWT-Purple-White-Blue-Plaid-Flannel-Button-Down-Shirt-M/223698217006?hash=item341573e82e:g:s9MAAOSwibJc5tM5:sc:USPSPriorityMailPaddedFlatRateEnvelope!78254!US!-1
https://www.duluthtrading.com/men/b...refv1=Shirts&selectedRef=productType
The Filson Alaska Tuxedo cannot be beat for a cotton shirt. Unfortunately they are ridiculously priced. I had 4 and there was a cleaning snafu and I never saw them again.

I wear a lot of Pendelton wool shirts. I like the more western cut that is made to be tucked in, the board shirts are too short for me if they’re the right width and expose my back when I bend or squat. They too are expensive but I’ve had better luck finding them at thrift stores and eBay for cheap. Much warmer than a cotton flannel and many more colors available than the Filsons.
L.L.Bean carries them.

L.W.
I get mine thru Tractor Supply.
Lands End has always carried quality Shirts. They are one of the few online retailers I would buy clothing from based in description and specs alone.

These heavyweight flannel shirts look like they might be your huckleberry-

https://www.landsend.com/products/mens-traditional-fit-rugged-flannel-shirt/id_341121?attributes=44967,11370&dysku=5254734

The Promo code knocks them down to $40 each

they're good, also Orvis
L.L. Bean, Land's End, Orvis.

I don't think that the flannel shirts from Bass Pro or Cabela's have the same level of quality.
From the closet. They last a long time down this way, don't recall when I bought the last....
Duluth Trade Company.

I have 2 shirts that are going on their 3rd winter and I rotate them all winter long. They may cost a little but are well worth it. Bought 1 last winter and will buy a couple more this winter.

Buy the closeout colors on-line for about half price.

I have 2 of the burley weight and 1 lighter one.

Have converted a couple buds to their flannels as well.
Thrift stores, yard sales, you would be surprised what you can find at thrift stores for pennies on the dollar.
I shall never want for flannel again

Granny's favorite deer slayin/chainsawin grandson in-law got at least one shirt every chrimmus for the last 25 years.

👍

Not sure if they are around any more, but the CODET flannel and wool shirts I bought in the late 90's are still going strong.
I did get two flannel shirts from Duluth Trading Company for Christmas two years ago and they're first rate shirts.

StarchedCover
Blain's Farm and Fleet

https://www.farmandfleet.com/produc...ns-long-sleeve-super-brawny-flannel.html
Stopped wearing flannel. Never owned one that did not shrink.
I stopped wearing flannel when I discovered twill work shirts. I like Craftsman's.

But here's a hella bargain on Dickies. I got three in what I hope is the largest size I'll ever need! LOL

https://www.botach.com/dickies-mens-long-sleeve-workshirt/
I wear wrangler blue jean shirts
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Stopped wearing flannel. Never owned one that did not shrink.

If I lived in Central Florida, all I would ever wear is a wife-beater.
Bass Pro/Cabela's are the same Chinese crap Red head brand, cheesy chink fabric wears out in no time. Mine are Orvis, Woolrich, Columbia et al most all purchased new with tags off eBay, I'll only pay 50% of retail shipped. New in the stores this stuff though quality is priced outrageously.
I like Pendleton wool like mentioned above. Our local store closed unfortunately. If I’m out in Oregon for work I try to hit their outlets and buy the clearance ones.

Bought a flannel at Tractor Supply because I liked the pattern. Wore it once then cut it up for rags. The bottom of the sleeve jokes went down almost to my belt line. Not sure what Chinaman they used to make the dimensions, but it was all sorts of jacked up.
Duluth Trading Company!
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Bass Pro/Cabela's are the same Chinese crap Red head brand, cheesy chink fabric wears out in no time. Mine are Orvis, Woolrich, Columbia et al most all purchased new with tags off eBay, I'll only pay 50% of retail shipped. New in the stores this stuff though quality is priced outrageously.

buy in the off-season. Right now I'm wearing a thick, flannel Orvis shirt i bought last Spring, 40 bucks shipped
I'm wearing a Duluth trading shirt right this minute. Good shirts. American Whitetail are also good shirts.
Goodwill, ARC, thrifts, you will find filson. Woolrich, Pendleton and brand x. Some wool, some synthetic. I am not big so look all the way up to 3xxx as people shrink their wool so it fits me. Or old. Codgers die. Same for whipcord and wool pants
Ebay
From my wife
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
I stopped wearing flannel when I discovered twill work shirts. I like Craftsman's.

But here's a hella bargain on Dickies. I got three in what I hope is the largest size I'll ever need! LOL

https://www.botach.com/dickies-mens-long-sleeve-workshirt/

Boat has is one of those companies I can’t understand how they are still in business. 50% of my dealings with them have been a total cluster f@*k.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
L.L. Bean, Land's End, Orvis.

I don't think that the flannel shirts from Bass Pro or Cabela's have the same level of quality.

^^^^^^^^

This......
Pendleton.

I don't have a use for cotton flannel, only wool.
I like the carhart flannel shirts, better than most.
LOL, I'm one for one okay with them!
Where ever I can find 2X tall, usually Lands End, LL Bean or Cabela's
Originally Posted by jbmi
Where ever I can find 2X tall, usually Lands End, LL Bean or Cabela's

I've got a closet full of 2XLT's from Lands End. They have some pretty fair sales a couple of times a year. Some of my Lands End flannels are close to 10 years old, and I wear flannel every day on the farm all winter long. Although I must be shrinking, because my new Carhart coat is only an XLT.
I buy mine wherever they're the best buy.
Try Amazon and type in Woolrich. They have plenty. I have had Woolrich for years and love them.
Orscheln's Farm and Home Stores have some heavy weight flannel shirts for sale. Lotsa work clothes in there.
I buy elastic waist blue jeans from this place I found online. Other than that, Tractor Supply is where I buy coats and shirts and stuff.

I wish they would start selling socks, underwear,...and elastic waist britches.
LL Bean, always.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I buy elastic waist blue jeans from this place I found online. Other than that, Tractor Supply is where I buy coats and shirts and stuff.

I'd never figured you for a scooter rider.... laugh

Well he has one of those Burgman scooters 😜
Originally Posted by byron
I'm wearing a Duluth trading shirt right this minute. Good shirts. American Whitetail are also good shirts.

Sorry. This should have said Legendary Whitetails.
'Nother big plus for Duluth Traders!

I wear there burly weight heavy flannel shirts all winter long.

Great stuff!

Virgil B.
Not impressed with Duluth.

Have recently migrated back to Carhartt.
Tag.

The man who invented elastic waist blue jeans should have his face carved on Mt. Rushmore.
These,...popular item,...I see that they're out of stock and backordered.

https://www.blair.com/p/28170.uts?p...w9REAQYASABEgJdxvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#
Pendleton
Costco has Orvis flannel shirts for $17. Bangladesh. At least it's not China.
https://www.allamericanclothing.com/made-in-usa/AAFLNGRN.html
My favorite is from Eddie Bauer .
© 24hourcampfire