Home
Posted By: DigitalDan I shake my head - 10/19/19
Looking back to younger days in contrast to today's affairs, it would be easy to become depressed. Contrasting men and women of yesteryear in comparison to the generation of snowflakes illustrates the chasm's edge upon which we stand.

When they can be disengaged from their I-Phones for a moment....talking to twin grandsons who are junior in high school....they have not a clue about history. They do not know what led to the Civil War, or why we entered WW2. They do not understand a simple concept like situational awareness nor have a clue about how to defend themselves against assault. It brings to mind the old saw "Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it." It isn't just them, but rather their peers in the local area, this in F'burg, VA. Sitting atop one of our nation's historical diamonds and they are clueless. Monroe's law office is only a few miles from their home.....never been there.

Have been watching, off and on, the media frenzy about Trump and the Dims for about 3 years now...can they not ever relate something else? Maybe something positive, like the guy that dove into the river and saved someone, or stopped a robbery? It's puke city writ large.

Finally, this being part of the media circus, the liberal frenzy to destroy this country, our home, is bizarre. It strikes me as a bit queer (pun intended) that something around half of our country, most of which who have never visited a third world country, wish to commit suicide. Well, lemmings do it, but that does not make it a good idea. Conceptually speaking I view people as equal across the board, this in context of God given rights. Realistically, they are not, and borders exist for a reason. There is nothing more sacrosanct than our liberty and freedom, but they are things that are ours. Foreigners of any brand do not share our heritage or rights in this land and do not have legal basis for crashing aboard at will. If they are too pussified to fix their own land I surely don't see benefit to having them here.

Posted By: chlinstructor Re: I shake my head - 10/19/19
It’s a damned shame!
Posted By: rong Re: I shake my head - 10/20/19
Some of us choose to see the distruction happening before us,others are blind to fact that it is taking place.
Posted By: ingwe Re: I shake my head - 10/20/19
I hear You BD...a slide of Chesty Puller came up on a power point I was doing for a COLLEGE class...I asked if anyone knew who Chesty Puller was.....

Not a one...

Hell I had my German Shepherd " Rommel" in class last week and a new PROFESSOR asked where I got that name for him....

[bleep] me...
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: I shake my head - 10/20/19
My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: I shake my head - 10/20/19
Yet I am considered odd since I paid attention in history class. Just knowing simple facts, the ones our teacher drove into us in order to past the exams, are enough to set you aaprt from this younger generation.

I have a Lieutenant at work who is getting his Master's Degree. He tells stories of the other college students and how much they are apart from reality.

He also likes to surprise quiz me about things he just learned. He gets a kick out of it when I already know about his latest collegiate discovery.

He is only twenty years younger than I am but it is as if we went to completely different education systems.

He is right about my lack of cell phone expertise, but I have a young partner who handles that for me.

But "knowing things" and living without being attached to a cellphone makes you a marked man.
Posted By: Borchardt Re: I shake my head - 10/20/19
As the boys from Aberdeen Scotland say, Ah Shocks Ma Het!
Posted By: BC30cal Re: I shake my head - 10/20/19
DigitalDan:
Good evening to you sir, I hope the day treated you acceptably and this finds you well.

Thanks for sharing the video and your thoughts, it is I believe a healthy exercise to examine what we believe and why - especially so on matters of such importance.

We're having a Federal election up here on Monday and all but one party has promised to begin a process of confiscation of certain classes of long arms which include AR variants. Because they required us to register AR, AK and FN variants in '79, it'll be an easy matter for them to do that from those of us who are legal owners.

Naturally the gangs who choose such arms for use in pharmaceutical distribution conflicts won't be affected by such confiscations, because well, they're already outlaws, correct?

Recently when discussing forced disarmament by the government, I was asked if I thought trading bullets with a better armed and equipped government force - whether it be law enforcement, military or something yet to be determined - was a palatable option in my view.

Honestly I replied that no, it was not palatable, but I'd like to reserve the right to do so if it came to that, you know?

That's sort of where I'm at with all this disarmament of the general populace Dan and hopefully that all made sense.

Oh, lastly as a bit of student of rodents, I can say that lemmings don't actually commit suicide - that was yet another fallacy foisted on us by Walt Disney. Somehow only certain among the homo sapiens species feel the urge to do that.

Anyway sir, from north of the medicine line I'd like to send encouragement to continue to resist the foe and please know you all aren't alone.

All the best to you this fall sir.

Dwayne
Posted By: Bristoe Re: I shake my head - 10/20/19
This isn't the country we grew up in, for the most part. Especially not the urban areas. I tended to crow a little bit about this little patch of rural Kentucky that I recently moved into,..because for me,...it was rediscovering America. I had been away from it for a long, long time. I had forgotten how good it is and I couldn't help reveling in being a part of it again.

But even this won't last. The suburbs are working their way out here. I won't live to see it. But the people who occupy this area will be pushed out in about 20 years.

I don't know where it's going to go.

I'd like to think that people will wise up and rise up. But Russia got beaten down in the same way that America is today,..and they didn't see it until it was done.

I think of this passage often:

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn , The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

we had no awareness of the real situation

Those of us who do have to settle for being considered "kooks".

,....even by Cuban refugees,...

,..lolol,...ain't *that* some schitt?
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: I shake my head - 10/20/19
We can still off one of our enemy and be a m16/m4 owner during conflict
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
We can still off one of our enemy and be a m16/m4 owner during conflict

Guns don't really figure into it.

America will be taken by making the people of the country hate themselves.

"It's Okay to be White" is currently considered "hate speech".

Put a poster up which says that and there will be a police investigation. You will go to jail if you get caught doing it.
Basically,...the powers which be are pushing the narrative that it's *NOT* okay to be white.

"White" is Western European culture,.......the culture which built the modern world,....the culture that keeps it livable.

Kill that culture,...kill the world.

That's what's going on.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: I shake my head - 10/20/19
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: I shake my head - 10/20/19
Originally Posted by Bristoe

And this is how we are thinking and feeling in the Trump era. Just wait until the Dems get the Government back .
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

And this is how we are thinking and feeling in the Trump era. Just wait until the Dems get the Government back .

The same people will still think the same.

I honestly don't know what that will result in.

How will old world Americans respond to flagrant leftist persecution?

The country will definitely find out,...whatever it turns out to be.

Were pretty much screwed then. Especially if it’s another like Obama. Or worse.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: I shake my head - 10/20/19
Dwayne, thank you for your thoughts.

Lemmings were a convenient euphemism of sorts. Our liberal snowflakes kneel to Lord Disney's words, sacred and true.

It was said some time ago that the tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of tyrants and patriots. In times past all men could be drafted, and it was an experience that made men from boys. The deletion of such obligations has implications never imagined.
Ingwe, the professor asked? Ho Li....echoes of Tim Leary.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
In times past all men could be drafted, and it was an experience that made men from boys. The deletion of such obligations has implications never imagined.

The answer to America's problems isn't to enslave to populace to serve the warmongers.

The warmongers in America aren't serving America's interests.
Dan;
Thanks kindly for the reply.

Indeed if I can borrow a phrase from a fellow Canuck Dr. Jordan Peterson - when you say "the deletion of such obligations has implications never imagined" I would say as Dr. Peterson is wont to - "we don't know".

Honestly I often use that with folks when having discussions of such import - we really do not know how bad some of this will be for us as a species do we?

Obligations - now that's a $3 dollar word is it not? Would be $4.15 in Canadian Loonies, but still it's something so foreign in concept anymore isn't it?

When discussing disarming the population as a remedy for random societal violence, I often opine that we - you in the US as well I'd guess - do not have a "tool problem" in that the availability of tool X, Y or AR won't solve or enhance the issue.

We have - in Canada anyway - lost all concept of obligation, of being responsible for anything or anyone or ever answering to the same.

Years and years back I hear a black chap from Washington DC make that assessment and I totally agree with him now as I did then.

Thanks again for the reply and enlightened exchange this evening sir, I very much appreciate it.

Dwayne
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: I shake my head - 10/20/19
Spin up CCR's Bad Moon Rising. whistle
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Spin up CCR's Bad Moon Rising. whistle

It ain’t here yet. But it’s coming.
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: I shake my head - 10/20/19

Finally, this being part of the media circus, the liberal frenzy to destroy this country, our home, is bizarre. It strikes me as a bit queer (pun intended) that something around half of our country, most of which who have never visited a third world country, wish to commit suicide. Well, lemmings do it, but that does not make it a good idea. Conceptually speaking I view people as equal across the board, this in context of God given rights. Realistically, they are not, and borders exist for a reason. There is nothing more sacrosanct than our liberty and freedom, but they are things that are ours. Foreigners of any brand do not share our heritage or rights in this land and do not have legal basis for crashing aboard at will. If they are too pussified to fix their own land I surely don't see benefit to having them here.

Classic stuff. Well stated.
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: I shake my head - 10/20/19
Good to see you, Dwayne. Nicely put as always.
Required Military Service would be damned good for the snowflake’s kids they are raising nowadays.
It would be a rude awakening. Probably half of them would kill themselves if they had to do something besides play video games.
In times past all men could be drafted, and it was an experience that made men from boys. The deletion of such obligations has implications never imagined.

The answer to America's problems isn't to enslave to populace to serve the warmongers.

The warmongers in America aren't serving America's interests.

Think you misunderstood my thoughts on the first, though I agree with your second. You realize that registration with the Selective Service is still required?
Posted By: ironbender Re: I shake my head - 10/20/19
Charleston could deliver a speech! It'd be Interesting to know who wrote it. I suppose it could have been CH, but probably not.

"...sacred stuff in that wood stock and blued steel..."

Good stuff right there.
Posted By: CCCC Re: I shake my head - 10/20/19
Thanks DD - your post is thought-provoking and well done. After having observed and worried about such degradation starting in the1960s, I feel responsible for not having done more to deal with the causes and drivers of the values shift.

In my field of endeavor I did try both strongly and consistently, but now realize that such individual work was feeble in the face of the breadth and depth of the challenge. Obviously, my lack of interest or enthusiasm toward being a political type or a social activist/organizer was a deficit in that regard. Simply not my natural or even learned manner of dealing with issues and challenges. Probably should have jumped out of the comfort zone.

However, I do see some things that give hope - both in the general populace and in the political realm - but mostly in some of the young folks with whom I am privileged to associate. My personal prep is much like that of Kaywoodie, but am still working with the hope seen in those growing and coming along. Freedom is a huge incentive in many humans.
Posted By: vapodog Re: I shake my head - 10/20/19
Originally Posted by CCCC
Thanks DD - your post is thought-provoking and well done.

Among the best threads ever posted on this forum
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: I shake my head - 10/20/19
Who in the world raised all these snow flakes anyway?

-Jake
Posted By: Seafire Re: I shake my head - 10/20/19
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Required Military Service would be damned good for the snowflake’s kids they are raising nowadays.
It would be a rude awakening. Probably half of them would kill themselves if they had to do something besides play video games.

I've always been in favor of having a military obligation like Switzerland or like Sweden had before and up to and after WW2...

even with smaller populations, there is a reason neither were attacked by Nazi Germany during WW 2...

And to be a conservative and a patriot, to the liberal left, is against their leftist globalism ideologies...

democrats no longer exist in this country.... Its communism... regardless of what they want to call themselves..
but then again, communists have always loved to lie to the world and use the democratic in their titles..
DGR Deutsche Democratic Republic for instance..

communists need to be treated like communists should be treated...like we once did in this country...
to include the Antifa bums on the street corners in major cities...
Posted By: Pugs Re: I shake my head - 10/20/19
Looking back to younger days in contrast to today's affairs, it would be easy to become depressed. Contrasting men and women of yesteryear in comparison to the generation of snowflakes illustrates the chasm's edge upon which we stand.

I don't like to make sweeping generalizations about this generation. My neighbors son and his girlfriend joined us for a beer and pizza yesterday and this young (23) engineer continues to impress me with his drive, vision and commitment. 3 hours and not a single time did he (or his girlfriend) reach for their phones. We had enjoyable adult conversations. He talked about his masters program and job and travel and food and beer and generally living life. This is a kid who did not grow up wealthy by any means, worked through high school and college, found scholarships and grants and worked two jobs in the summer to make sure he graduated with a useful engineering degree and no debt from university of MD. I don't think they're unicorns but they do seem to be the minority.

It's interesting you bring up depression Dan. I caught up with an old college friend last week and I asked about his kids. He relayed something I have heard from others about their 20-30 year old children. He said "they have given up". Both his son and daughter (early 20's) simply believe the future is so dystopian that it's not worth trying. Not worth college or a trade school, or job, or god forbid thinking about a career, family and living life. They have been told this since they were toddlers by the media and had whatever the scare of the day pounded into them over and over again until they believe it with every fiber of their bodies. Global Climate change, collapsing economy, nuclear, bio terrorism, robots taking all the jobs, crushing personal debt they have had the negativism driven into them via every media channel. We're all going to die (apparently Tuesday or at the latest Thursday) . What bother? Seems to be their mantra.

I see the same thing here on the CF. There are many who buy into every chicken little scenario that they are fed. Look at the videos often posted. WTF, how can any believe that stuff when a simple search shows you it is either a complete fake or taking something we should know and running with it to the Nth degree with a level of absurdity that isn't remotely believable? The lack of critical thinking and ability to even question "does that make sense" astounds me here and polls show we're all at least a couple generations removed from the one we're talking about.

Guess what? Kids need to be shown the western world is still a pretty damn good place and full of opportunity. They will be required to make decisions though. It's rare to get to live exactly where you want, have a job you love and have all the money and other things desire without making compromises in one or the other and you will have to work your ass off when there are really other things you want to be doing than working. That's called life and adulthood. Kids that don't understand that need to get that lesson and it often means kicking them out of the nest.

When I read members slamming Californians (or many other state residents and they all suck except the one "you" live in grin) I put it in perspective. Those folks made decisions based on a series of factors and ended up there. I did it in MD. By the time we leave here we will have stayed (voluntarily as in when not on orders) for 25 years. That's a long time but in the whole perspective of my life, not really. We balanced careers and friends and decided this was our best opportunity. Make the best of it, plan for the exit and keep your eyes open for when that time is right.

Overall, a little more postive outlook would help a bunch of folks here. We have some great members who are not Pollyannas that are good examples.

I was planning on my wife and flying up the Appalachians today to do a little aerial fall foliage tour but alas Nestor has decided to make it a rainy day so that's out and even going to shoot sporting clays seems like a poor choice (and the new Gurieni is too new to expose it to that) so it looks like a little shop time getting stuff organized for deer season, loading some 6.5x55 rounds and we have a friend coming over for dinner later. Going to try to do some oil poached halibut and Souse Vide's carrots.

It's life. Make the best of it and show this generation how to live.

Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: I shake my head - 10/20/19
Pugs.... laugh

Nice post.
Well spoken Pugs and I do not disagree. There are those who are self propelled and will rise above the fray, both young and old. I have the pleasure of consorting with a fair number of "kids" that are so inclined and they make me smile. As you suggest however, I don't think they are a majority and the trend is unsettling.

In recent times I have looked to the broader family population with intent to pass along some family heirlooms. It includes art, historical documents and yes, a few firearms, directed at cousins and their kids, most of which are out and about in the professional world successfully. One item as example, was a citation given to my paternal grandfather, signed by Blackjack Pershing, which described his actions in France as part of the AEF and provided basis for the General pinning a DSC on gramp's tunic. It boggled my brain the lengths I traveled trying to find a home for the print and medal. Another still vexes my soul. The maternal grandfather was a mover and shaker back in the day and partnered with a fellow to invent the process for concentrating citrus juice just prior to WW2. His first gun was a Win 1890 chambered in .22 WRF, purchased during the first decade of the last century. It shows its age to be sure, but has no insulting damage and it still shoots quite well. The gun and a couple thousand rounds of recent production ammo beg for a home. You see, they can't be bothered with such mundane things apparently.

I do my best to show them how to live, perhaps they have different plans. I pray they don't wake up some day wishing they had paid more attention and been more thoughtful when I made the offers.

Baffled here in the swamps,

DD
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: I shake my head - 10/20/19
Originally Posted by Bocajnala

-Jake

Teachers, schools, and colleges.
People are interested in a wide range of things.

My wife isn't really into history or guns.

What shall I do now?
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

-Jake

........and Boomers! grin
Thought about this thread last night. And came to the conclusion that I consider myself quite lucky as the vast majority of young folks I tend to hang around are extrememly versed in American and World history. They also have their heads on fairly straight and they are all gunowners. But it is also true they are the anomoly. But it does give me hope.
Posted By: kid0917 Re: I shake my head - 10/20/19
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

What shall I do now?

tell her to make you a sammich, man!
smile
Thought about this thread last night. And came to the conclusion that I consider myself quite lucky as the vast majority of young folks I tend to hang around are extrememly versed in American and World history. They also have their heads on fairly straight and they are all gunowners. But it is also true they are the anomoly. But it does give me hope.

kaywoodie;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope that the day down in Bastrop County, TX is treating you well thus far.

I've just returned from a solo hunt trying to punch some sort of tag and looked up the thread here on the 'Fire. Of course since my usual hunting partner - our eldest daughter - decided to take a break from our usual forays into the local mountains as they'd been working long hours doing inventory at work - anyway because she wasn't there I saw and could very likely have brought home a fair to middling sized black bear, but saw no mulie bucks once again.

Lucky for that particular black bear my lifetime limit on his kind has been reached, although as a matter of course I always pack a black bear tag since it's much less paperwork to clip a tag rather than call the Ministry of Wildlife Conservation Officer in the unlikely but not unheard of event that another one just will not listen to reason.... Might I add I consider myself eminently reasonable when it comes to black bears. wink

To the topic at hand now then sir, I too was ruminating on this thread and hopefully it's okay I share a wee bit more.

At work I manage a crew of 4 young men, two in their early 30's, one who is about 24 and an 18 year old.

One of the 30 year old chaps is a hunter, so we'll just leave him in that category for the time being.

The other 30 something is married with a blended family of 3 kids, is a hard worker and wants to improve his lot in life as well as that of his family.

The 24 year old has a university degree in English with a minor in history and wants to go on to be a high school teacher next fall, finances and life permitting.

The 18 year old is saving money to go to university, though he's not entirely sure what he's going to take.

Besides the hunter, all of them are deeply involved with their phones like many of the younger folks are - but here's one of the offshoots I've noticed about that.

When discussing the current government's plans to confiscate some types of firearms from legal owners, none of them support it whatsoever. All of them indicated they felt it would do nothing to mitigate gangs from accessing whatever firearms they felt like using.

None of them felt it is a reasonable move on any governments part to use tax money to buy back private property which has been legally held by citizens who continually prove they're not breaking any laws with them.

If I may explain just a wee tad here, as owners of "restricted class" firearms in Canada, we are subject to daily background checks or at very least can be subject to them. Speaking personally I've been in that situation since I purchased my first firearm in that class, shortly after I turned 18 which is the legal age up here to do so.

The other interesting bit of tid to my way of thinking is that to varying degrees, all three of these young men do not trust mainstream media here in Canada or the US. They are much more prone to look at different blogs or podcasts on a subject that they feel is important and actually are quite versed on a number of issues facing us up here across the medicine line.

Before leaving that topic, I'll add that both our girls and their partners are very much the same way. Neither of them have any TV network hookup and don't plan to do so anytime soon if ever.

Anyway sir, as others have more eloquently than I already stated, I'm somewhat bullish on the next shift coming up - for the reasons stated above and more.

All the best to you and yours this fall kaywoodie.

Dwayne
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

-Jake

........and Boomers! grin

Jim;
Good morning to you sir, I trust all is well with you and your fine family this calm, but slightly overcast morning.

While I'm cognizant you've put a grin icon behind your suggestion that Boomers have to share the blame for shortcomings as parents, I'll very much agree with you.

For the record too Jim, I'm 57 so am absolutely one of the Boomer generation from most if not all definitions.

Personally I believe that history will not judge me and mine kindly as a whole for a multitude of reasons, but overall our poor parenting and the resulting plethora of issues created by that in our offspring has to be at or near the front.

Anyway sir, as always I'm loathe to make generalized, sweeping statements, but when we are looking at why our children to this or that it has to be the parents which are top the list, then the teachers, schools, colleges, etc and etc.

That's just one Canuck's thought on it Jim and from what I can gather it's certainly not a popular opinion on this side of the medicine line - nonetheless it's mine...

All the best to you and yours this fall Jim.

Dwayne
Thanks Dwayne. Hope things are well in BC.

I reckon that the teachers, starlets and such get too much blame. Parenting aint their job....but they will gladly do a terrible job of it if necessary.

We work double shifts to parent our kids......and sometimes that aint enough!

Anyway...if you get a chance....there is a really pretty waitress at the Perkins in Medicine Hat.

She thinks I am Squirrely Dan.....or at least a cousin.
Posted By: ironbender Re: I shake my head - 10/20/19

What shall I do now?

Looks like you have two choices, JimmyC.

1 get deevorced, it

2 leave the ‘fire.

🤔
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: I shake my head - 10/20/19
Great post!

In high school I see it first hand.
Thank you Dwayne! I wish you and yours a good season!!!
Posted By: jeeper Re: I shake my head - 10/20/19

When they can be disengaged from their I-Phones for a moment....talking to twin grandsons who are junior in high school....they have not a clue about history. They do not know what led to the Civil War, or why we entered WW2. They do not understand a simple concept like situational awareness nor have a clue about how to defend themselves against assault. It brings to mind the old saw "Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it." It isn't just them, but rather their peers in the local area, this in F'burg, VA. Sitting atop one of our nation's historical diamonds and they are clueless. Monroe's law office is only a few miles from their home.....never been there.

Have been watching, off and on, the media frenzy about Trump and the Dims for about 3 years now...can they not ever relate something else? Maybe something positive, like the guy that dove into the river and saved someone, or stopped a robbery? It's puke city writ large.

So damn true.
Posted By: Dutch Re: I shake my head - 10/20/19
Well, not to put too fine a point on it, but if your grand kids don't know about history..... their parents didn't teach them.

It baffles me how parents (and grandparents) fail to see the irony about complaining about he next generation.....
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: I shake my head - 10/21/19
Originally Posted by Dutch
Well, not to put too fine a point on it, but if your grand kids don't know about history..... their parents didn't teach them.

It baffles me how parents (and grandparents) fail to see the irony about complaining about he next generation.....

Tryin’ hard Dutch! 😉

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: I shake my head - 10/21/19
Yes, parents have responsibilities, but history education in school is, well, history. My observation is not based on 2 kids. I learned such things in school with limited help from my parents.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: I shake my head - 10/21/19
Which people raised the snowflakes?
Kaywoodie, how come you got the flinter and junior has the caplock? You teaching modern history?
laugh
Posted By: kwg020 Re: I shake my head - 10/21/19

And we know that day is coming and they are going to be pi$$ed off at those of us who stood up to them. They will give us no quarter.

kwg
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: I shake my head - 10/21/19
Kaywoodie, how come you got the flinter and junior has the caplock? You teaching modern history?
laugh

LOL! His daddy bought him that nice little rifle. He just loves hell out of it!!! laugh
Posted By: lvmiker Re: I shake my head - 10/21/19
A constant stream of gloom and despair as evidenced by many on here could influence many young people to think in a negative manner. Or they could actually experience real life outside of the womb of media and influencers and main street USA. Most of the world is a schidthole infested by angry losers who blame others for their failures and lack of a future. Not unlike many here.

Take a trip to your local VA hospital and spend some time w/ those young people who have actually chosen to leave the bubble of safety and see the what others in the world experience on a daily basis. And have had the awesome opportunity to serve their country and kill some booger eaters in the process.

Quitters quit and blame others. The strong protect the weak and don't expect the losers to understand or participate. There are many folks in each generation who get it and will prevail. The "average" American is awesome and will continue to rule the world if the establishment continues to fail in its' responsibilities.

A little revolution every now and then is a good thing.

mike r
Posted By: Bristoe Re: I shake my head - 10/21/19
Originally Posted by lvmiker
A constant stream of gloom and despair as evidenced by many on here could influence many young people to think in a negative manner. Or they could actually experience real life outside of the womb of media and influencers and main street USA. Most of the world is a schidthole infested by angry losers who blame others for their failures and lack of a future. Not unlike many here.

Take a trip to your local VA hospital and spend some time w/ those young people who have actually chosen to leave the bubble of safety and see the what others in the world experience on a daily basis. And have had the awesome opportunity to serve their country and kill some booger eaters in the process.

Quitters quit and blame others. The strong protect the weak and don't expect the losers to understand or participate. There are many folks in each generation who get it and will prevail. The "average" American is awesome and will continue to rule the world if the establishment continues to fail in its' responsibilities.

mike r

You ain't gonna do nothing.

mike r

You ain't gonna do nothing.

You judge others by your own standards .... and accomplishments. And serve to prove my point.

mike r

And serve to prove my point.

mike r

Point it out when you do something.

And serve to prove my point.

mike r

Point it out when you do something.

If not whining about being a loser and blaming others for same needs to be pointed out I will let you know, try it when you're sober.

mike r
Not yet,..eh?
Now boys, don't make me pull off my belt and teach you a thing or two.👺
lolol,...
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: I shake my head - 10/21/19
Aint nothing can I learn from a belt.
Aint nothing can I learn from a belt.

I learned.

Learned that it was time to move when I grew up.

It was a positive lesson.
You have much left to learn....sadly.
You have much left to learn....sadly.

Not from anybody short of 90 years old.

That leaves you out by several decades.
Haha!

Step out of the way gramps.....
Posted By: HawkI Re: I shake my head - 10/21/19
If you have kids, they'll teach you just as much about life as a 90 year old....
Posted By: HawkI Re: I shake my head - 10/21/19
...especially, in this case, how so many failed to teach them civics, history and gave them a phone instead.
Posted By: Sycamore Re: I shake my head - 10/21/19
Haha!

Step out of the way gramps.....

that was mean!
Posted By: local_dirt Re: I shake my head - 10/21/19
Originally Posted by Dutch

Tryin’ hard Dutch! 😉

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Great pic, K_Dubya!
Yes. The boy wears the hat quite well.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: I shake my head - 10/22/19
Rush was just talking about the lack of knowledge of History today on his show.

Ties right in..
© 24hourcampfire