Home
Posted By: 1911a1 pulled the trigger on a Tundra - 10/20/19
Two weeks ago My wife and I decided to get a new truck. We are the type people that buy vehicles and keep them for a long time as in 10 + years.

We decided on a Tundra over a Chevy or Ford. I'm generally a Chevy guy though not exclusively. The Tundra won out for me because of the reliability and build quality, I chose the Tundra even though the gas mileage is pretty poor and the design is not near as updated with the latest electronic gizmos, cylinder deactivation, ten speed automatics, etc..

I'm banking on the Tundra will provide a a more worry free service than the other brands.

Truck is a little dirty in the pic. I like the battleship grey color Toyota calls Cement.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
That's nice! smile

Hope you enjoy it, and it makes you a great pickup!
And made in Texas I believe
Since 2000, I have had three Fords and two Toyotas. I put over 200,000 miles on all but one of the Toyotas (187,000). I wouldn't give you a nickel for the difference between the two, when it come to maintenance issues.
Driving a Goat right now. We'll see how that goes. Congratulations on the new truck!

Cement !!!!!!!

Kool.........

Good choice in Tundra !!!!!!
I have a 16 and couldn’t be happier with it. It gets an average of 18.5 mph which is OK by me. You’ll like your Tundra.
Had a 2008 Crewmax 4x4 till I bought my 2017 crewmax 4x4,, I like them. The transmission is the weak link. Research them well. Here is a good resource

https://www.tundratalk.net/forums/
Nice truck
Hope it works out for you
I bought a new chev few months ago, really like it
You mean to tell me that your brand new pickup does NOT come with every electronic manner of hell that can possible be crammed into a four wheeled buggy?

Whats the world coming to?
Nice looking truck.
Originally Posted by 1911a1
Two weeks ago My wife and I decided to get a new truck. We are the type people that buy vehicles and keep them for a long time as in 10 + years.

We decided on a Tundra over a Chevy or Ford. I'm generally a Chevy guy though not exclusively. The Tundra won out for me because of the reliability and build quality, I chose the Tundra even though the gas mileage is pretty poor and the design is not near as updated with the latest electronic gizmos, cylinder deactivation, ten speed automatics, etc..

I'm banking on the Tundra will provide a a more worry free service than the other brands.

Truck is a little dirty in the pic. I like the battleship grey color Toyota calls Cement.

Nice truck.

I’m in the market for a truck and I’m leaning towards the tundra.

Tacoma is nice but it’s small. A Corolla 4x4.....👎🏻
I got my 2020 in the middle of August. Loving it so far. And the cement color. I also bought it because (as all the Internet forums say) it’s an archaic dinosaur with no tech.

The less tech the better, imo.
Originally Posted by viking
The less tech the better, imo.

I love tech in a truck...................... NOT
Good looking truck! I'm in the market for a new truck and the Tundra is at the top of my list. I had every intention of buying a Tacoma, but changed my mind after driving them. Right now I'm trying to decide if I want a Crewmax or Double Cab where it's just me and the wife at home. I prefer the looks of the Double Cab and like the idea of the 6.5' bed, but can also appreciate the comfort of the Crewmax. If I buy a Tundra, it'll either be Cement or Cavalry Blue.

I went from a crew cab Chevrolet to the Tundra Double Cab. Plenty of inside room, and a much more useful bed length.
Enjoy it.
Nice truck!

When did they start coming with triggers? Must be optional. wink
Posted By: Gus Re: pulled the trigger on a Tundra - 10/20/19
enjoyed two new toyota trucks.

will get another new one when the re-design comes out.

if it ever does. new motor works, etc. or so i've read on the net.
. . . . . you chose well. . . . an added bonus is that Toyota never took a dime of federal bailout money.
Good choice, my last two trucks were Ford F-150's 4 doors, no complaints on the one I have (2018), the 2014 had some minor issues. My 2008 Tundra 4 door went 166K miles with not one issue. I loved the power of 5.7 liter engine, never saw a gas station it didn't like. I wanted to buy American, I think the Tundra is a better truck. Good luck with the truck.
Beautiful truck! There's one running around my neighborhood just like that.

PS- my new 4Runner is the same color smile
We are real fans of Sequoias. The 2008 has 180k and has needed nothing but maintenance. We sent it with my son to get him through college 2000 miles away which speaks volumes about reliability. The wife insisted she get another one. No, they don’t get great gas mileage....but reliability is more important to us. If Toyota marketed a 3/4 ton diesel, we’d ow and drive nothing but Toyota’s. Congratulations.
Very nice truck, indeed and the fact it has less gizmos the better! Can't beat Toyota quality either..
I have same Tundra 2017 with tow package.

As stated mileage ain’t great but very dependable. Already 60 k on mine- just oil changes
What kind of mileage are we talking about gents?
13-17 MPG, 15 average
Calculator in dash has my 2017 at 16.5mpg for average, summer blend regular with ethanol.
Posted By: las Re: pulled the trigger on a Tundra - 10/20/19
Originally Posted by ironbender
Nice truck!

Placement is all important...

Now that Jumper is gone, I have to start thinking about this stuff again. No or low tech fits my brain a bit better (still not well!). smile. I like "cement"!
Originally Posted by bugs4
. . . . . you chose well. . . . an added bonus is that Toyota never took a dime of federal bailout money.

Oops!

Click Here

Time to update the bias - again.
Loans were used to shore up their credit lending program (where the entire industry was suffering) not manufacturing operations or union obligations. Completely paid back in 148 days.
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Our 2012 gets 17.5+ on the highway. It doesn't get driven enough "in town" to draw a conclusion. With the odometer at 213K+ it has required nothing but normal maintenance.
17 mpg on flat out highway at 70mph on a good day. About 15.5 if you bump up to 75mph, all on flat ground. Mine wasn't as reliable as many here have had, going through a cold start valve, 2 nav systems, and 1 complete info system failure between 40K and 75k miles. Hope the OP has better luck than I did.
Originally Posted by WTM45
Calculator in dash has my 2017 at 16.5mpg for average, summer blend regular with ethanol.

About the same as my 2000 Silverado. I can live with that!
Sounds like good mileage to me.
Loans were used to shore up their credit lending program (where the entire industry was suffering) not manufacturing operations or union obligations. Completely paid back in 148 days.

All loans were paid back - every single one by every single automaker.

What Obama did has no bearing on today's auto industry. At least put the blame where it belongs instead of trying to make yourself feel good for driving the least attractive truck on the road.

And now a word from YOUR president -

[Linked Image from livetradingnews.com]

. I must have been living right when I got my 2016. It has 48K on it and has averaged 18.4 MPG over that distance. I have acquaintances that have Tundras that are in the 15 to 16 range mostly.
Originally Posted by Sako76
Good choice, my last two trucks were Ford F-150's 4 doors, no complaints on the one I have (2018), the 2014 had some minor issues. My 2008 Tundra 4 door went 166K miles with not one issue. I loved the power of 5.7 liter engine, never saw a gas station it didn't like. I wanted to buy American, I think the Tundra is a better truck. Good luck with the truck.

If you build the exact same truck for the past THIRTEEN YEARS you should be able to get the kinks worked out - eventually - don't you think?

But here's my question - is that the American way? Just throw up your hands and say "good enough" and walk away?

Anyone care to respond?
Originally Posted by walt501

What Obama did has no bearing on today's auto industry. At least put the blame where it belongs instead of trying to make yourself feel good for driving the least attractive truck on the road.

I can afford to drive anything I want at this point in my life.
I could not care any less how "attractive" my truck is to anyone. Hell, it is covered with grey mud and leaves right now.
Built in Texas. I hope by someone who loves to hunt and fish, and is enjoying life.
Hope you are as well.
Just throw up your hands and say "good enough" and walk away?

Anyone care to respond?

Well, if it ain't broke....Don't try to fix it.

I've had a very good experience with my 07 Tacoma. Toyota was still replacing parts on their dime until I hit 200,000 miles. Leaf springs and U-Joints. In 12 years the only real repair I've paid for was an alternator. Three years ago we reached the point where we needed a bigger truck. I could have traded the Tacoma and gone with a new 2016, or for about the same money keep the Tacoma and buy a used 2014 1/2 ton. That is the direction we decided to go

I looked hard for a used Tundra, but doing a search for suitable trucks within 100 miles found very few Tundras to choose from, and none that met my criteria. I found dozens of F150's and eventually went that way. I've had the Ford for 3+ years now with no issues so I can't complain.

A Tundra will burn about 1-2 mpg more gas, but the money saved on repairs will most likely more than offset that cost. NIce looking truck BTW

After watching the "classy" unionistas walking that GM picket line, I sure makes one pause and think, especially when Tundras are made in Texas by Americans and just what % of US vehicles are made in Mexico and Canada? All loans might have been paid back just as you say, but what happened to all the note holders from the 08 fiasco that were passed over in favor of the unions?
I had one Toyota, put 200,000 miles on it before it was stolen. It was a great truck!
Nice truck

I have a 04 tundra and its nearing 500,000 miles. only thing it took other then general wear parts was a converter should have replaced them both as when I replaced the one the check engine light came on in 1000 miles

After watching the "classy" unionistas walking that GM picket line, I sure makes one pause and think, especially when Tundras are made in Texas by Americans and just what % of US vehicles are made in Mexico and Canada? All loans might have been paid back just as you say, but what happened to all the note holders from the 08 fiasco that were passed over in favor of the unions?

The bailouts where a UAW bailout more than anything else. The note holders and everyone else took it in the azz.
The big three are a complete joke and produce absolute garbage blinged out with electronic gizmos and sold by massive rebaits, cheap finance etc. The resale on a big three vehicle also sucks, which is very telling.
I can get employee pricing on Chrysler and GM vehicles and I will not by another one of those piles of junk at any price.

Built in Texas by Americans(Mostly Vets) no Tijuana Senor like the companies you pimp.
Nice!

‘Yota often runs 0% interest on Tundras making them a pretty damn good deal.
Here I thought maybe you had shot one in frustration.
The bailouts where a UAW bailout more than anything else. The note holders and everyone else took it in the azz.
The big three are a complete joke and produce absolute garbage blinged out with electronic gizmos and sold by massive rebaits, cheap finance etc. The resale on a big three vehicle also sucks, which is very telling.
I can get employee pricing on Chrysler and GM vehicles and I will not by another one of those piles of junk at any price.

Would you care to back up even a single word of what you said with any empirical evidence? Go ahead, I'll wait.

In the meantime, chew on this - Toyota is a parasite of the automotive industry.

The Toyota Tundra was developed by taking apart a Ram truck by their engineers in a Seattle warehouse.

Ford was first to market with an infotainment system (SYNC) under suspected pressure from the government to come up with a completely hands free system to control all functions of an auto without taking your hands off the wheel. It didn't work well, but FORD LED THE WAY and today their infotainment system is the best in the business. Asian automakers copied Ford, but their systems still don't work as well as the Ford SYNC, but you never hear about that.

Look, these endless troll topics - and they ARE troll topics - are becoming nauseating. Every week it's "should I buy an ugly Yota" or "should I get a copy cat Honda ATV". This site has a section to discuss both trucks and ATV's, but the TROLLS must get their TROLL topic in front of as may people as possible in order to advertise in the forums.

Looked at another way, Ford sells 7 F150's for every Tundra so we should see way more discussion in the forum about Ford, but the TROLLS make sure it's Toyota you see every week in the forum. I'm going to keep calling out the Trolls so get used to it.
Great trucks, love mine. Dig that cement color too.
I'm driving a 1998 4 Runner. Best vehicle I've ever owned. 178,000 miles and still runs and looks great. The only repair I've had to do, other than routine maintenance, was to have the starter rebuilt. My next vehicle will be another 4Runner.
Toyotas are way too homely looking for me. Always have been.
I upgraded my shocks on all 4 corners with Bilstein 6112 and 5160. Always wanted to do that and at 75,000 miles on it had it done. Also upgraded skid plate and put on a heavy duty Coachbuilder shackle. That along with new Cooper ST Maxx tires and it was doing stuff on our elk hunt last week that really impressed me. Rides great as well. Might be worth looking at since the OP drives them for a long time like I do.

Only thing I wish mine had was the larger fuel tank.
I bought a '19 Tundra Double Cab TRD Off Road in August. So far I'm lovin' it. Really a nice smooth ride. My only gripe is that the front turn signal lights seem to have been an afterthought. You can barely see them blink with those LED headlights.
I had a 2015 Tacoma before this Tundra. Great little truck. Trouble free for 70,000 miles but I never warmed up to a small truck. It just seemed like everything was a compromise.
Not a lot of difference in the gas mileage between the two.
I bet you're going to really like it.

Would you care to back up even a single word of what you said with any empirical evidence? Go ahead, I'll wait.

In the meantime, chew on this - Toyota is a parasite of the automotive industry.

The Toyota Tundra was developed by taking apart a Ram truck by their engineers in a Seattle warehouse.

Ford was first to market with an infotainment system (SYNC) under suspected pressure from the government to come up with a completely hands free system to control all functions of an auto without taking your hands off the wheel. It didn't work well, but FORD LED THE WAY and today their infotainment system is the best in the business. Asian automakers copied Ford, but their systems still don't work as well as the Ford SYNC, but you never hear about that.

Look, these endless troll topics - and they ARE troll topics - are becoming nauseating. Every week it's "should I buy an ugly Yota" or "should I get a copy cat Honda ATV". This site has a section to discuss both trucks and ATV's, but the TROLLS must get their TROLL topic in front of as may people as possible in order to advertise in the forums.

Looked at another way, Ford sells 7 F150's for every Tundra so we should see way more discussion in the forum about Ford, but the TROLLS make sure it's Toyota you see every week in the forum. I'm going to keep calling out the Trolls so get used to it.

Dang! You seem to take everything as an affront to yourself. It’s his money, let him spend it where he wants to. If it weren’t for competition in the marketplace, the showrooms would be full of POS’s just like they were during the 80’s malaise days.
I bought a Limited 4x4 in 2014.
I have been happy, happy ever since-- sweet ride!
Was a Chevy guy.
Didn't like the drop cylinder crap and also the Obama give away--
We bought the wife a 4 runner in 16
Why the hell did we wait so long??
Was getting a new travel trailer four months ago and felt the 2013 F-150 with the 3.7 just wasn't enough truck. The F-150 was running fine and had 138,000 miles on it. Was looking at various used Tundras as they have a lot more oooomph!!! Lucked out and found a 2018 Crew Max 4x4 TRD Off Road with 10,000 miles on it. A really good price. More power. Pulls the trailer like it wasn't there. Decent gas mileage..... 17-18. Seems like a more stable, solid ride. A great truck. You won't regret getting it.
The bailouts were for the unions, not the car companies.
Just like the Cash for clunker crap-- all for the unions.
Doesn't matter a bit.
Toyota makes a better truck-- period!

You’ve got it bad..........
Every car manufacturer takes apart the competitions vehicles.

"Suspected" pressure from the government????

Who is doing the trolling????
I like the 3 non-metallic colors that Toyota puts out, gray, tan and blue. Buddy has a Tundra in the Desert Tan, its a nice truck.

Enjoy the new ride.

The fact remains the Tundra will be running when the Ford is long dead. Resale value bares this out. It's also worth mentioning that the Tundra is made in the US and has a very high US part content.
Your reverse engineering comment shows how little you actually know about the US auto industry. When I worked for a tier 1 supplier to GM we always purchased competitors parts and tested them. GM has al sort of vehicles of other makes at their proving ground in Yuma and Milford. I know this because I have been there and seen them with my own eyes.
As for the Fords your such a fan boy of. About the only thing I can say is they are slightly better than GM and FCA. Very Slightly. They have some weird engineering and they have produced some real garbage like the 6L and 6.4L diesel engines. They dont hold a candle to Toyota..
Originally Posted by NH K9

You’ve got it bad..........

Good thing retardation isnt contagious..
Nice truck. I just put some repairs on my F150-----I don't want any payments.
Which Big 3 are not made here?

I have had 1986 Jimmy, 1995 K-1500, 2005 Sierra, 2010 Sierra and currently a 2018 Canyon. All made in the USA.

I was looking at Tacoma's the past 2-3 years, didnt buy one since you cant flat tow them behind the motorhome. All the ones I looked at from '17 on were Hecho en Mexico.

Not a Toyota basher, just curious.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Good looking truck! I'm in the market for a new truck and the Tundra is at the top of my list. I had every intention of buying a Tacoma, but changed my mind after driving them. Right now I'm trying to decide if I want a Crewmax or Double Cab where it's just me and the wife at home. I prefer the looks of the Double Cab and like the idea of the 6.5' bed, but can also appreciate the comfort of the Crewmax. If I buy a Tundra, it'll either be Cement or Cavalry Blue.

I’m leaning towards the Screw
You
Originally Posted by colorado bob

2.7, 3.5 turbo or the 5.0?
I’m looking at those as well
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
Which Big 3 are not made here?

I have had 1986 Jimmy, 1995 K-1500, 2005 Sierra, 2010 Sierra and currently a 2018 Canyon. All made in the USA.

I was looking at Tacoma's the past 2-3 years, didnt buy one since you cant flat tow them behind the motorhome. All the ones I looked at from '17 on were Hecho en Mexico.

Not a Toyota basher, just curious.

Some Tacoma's are made in Texas and more will be made there in the future as they are expanding the plant.
Ram 1500's are made in Saltilo, MX and Warren, MI. GM 1500 are made in MX. Ford F150 are made in MI and MO.
I've typically bought GM trucks and have had some toyota cars and or current sienna minivan.

I bought a 2019 ram Laramie 1500 this summer and despite my reservations I haven't had a problem with it yet. I didn't even drive the Toyota this time because I tried one in 14 before buying a gmc and in 16 before buying a chevy.

I had heard how bad the mileage was on the toyotas but my ram has only been averaging 16 so it sounds like your tundras are doing that or better. If toyota ever makes a crew cab with a 6.5' bed I'll look at them again.

How are the seats on the tundras? The seats on our Camry's and sienna have all sucked with little padding and cheap feeling.

Bb
Great looking truck! I'm happy with my 2011 Tundra DC 4wd.
Originally Posted by fester
You
Originally Posted by colorado bob

2.7, 3.5 turbo or the 5.0?
I’m looking at those as well

I’ve had the 5.4,5.0, and currently have a 3.5. I would buy the 3.5 again given a choice. Get a 2015 and up though .
Originally Posted by BWalker

The fact remains the Tundra will be running when the Ford is long dead. Resale value bares this out. It's also worth mentioning that the Tundra is made in the US and has a very high US part content.

Baloney. I've owned numerous samples of F150, Z71,and Tundra Crew 4x4's. Some individual samples of each maker are better than others. I've actually had the most, and least trouble out of various Tundras.
I worked in Mexico for a year in 2016. Huge GM plant between Silao and Guanajuato. Seemed like a square mile of finished GM half tons all staged to be loaded on rail cars. The size of that facility was mind boggling to me as I drive by, but I had no frame of reference for a domestic car plant.
I have the same truck, but white. They fixed the milage problem by doubling the size of the tank. It's not the highway milage that get you with a Toyota, it's the dirt road miles. None of them are perfect, it's not my first and I could get whatever I wanted.
Owned a 2013 Tundra 4x4 Crewmax. Good truck, never an issue. My only major complaint was it would not carry much weight in the bed. 500 pounds in the bed and she was squatting down low in the rear.
Truck had 40k miles and new tires on it when I tried to sell it in 2017. Everyone told me it would sell fast since it looked like new. After 3 months finally traded it in. Kept tabs on the truck and after 3 months of lowering the price the dealer sent it off to auction.
They are really good trucks but are not very popular. Check the production numbers and they are super low compared to the top 3.
My personal truck is a tundra and my company vehicle is a taco...

Walt might think that toyota stole the design from the RAM... but we have a very large fleet all across this country w/ my company, and it used tl have RAM’s, until we analyzed the cost per mile (not even close to just fuel).... doubt we will ever invest in dodge products again. The taco’s have been the most cost effective vehicles ever for us... we have pretty intense software that breaks down all expenses to gove us those figures...

Walt - you need a beer and a handie bud... never seen anyone get so bent out of shape about another mans truck procurement lmao...
Nice truck, you will like the power! I had a 2014 company tundra, my complaint was hauling capacity. My personal truck is a duramax 06 model. Better fuel economy and hauling. But not everyone needs to haul heavy loads! Enjoy your new pickup! I like the color also.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by BWalker

Baloney. I've owned numerous samples of F150, Z71,and Tundra Crew 4x4's. Some individual samples of each maker are better than others. I've actually had the most, and least trouble out of various Tundras.

It's actually not BS at all.
Good choice. I have a 2001 Tundra and wouldn't trade it for a new Chevy.
Nice looking truck, love the color.
I'm on my second Tundra, first was a 2005 DC 2x2 which I just put on Craigslist for sale, only has 120k miles on it. Only reason selling was I bought a 4x4 with the 5.7l motor. You'll love your Tundra!
Originally Posted by Cheesy
I got my 2020 in the middle of August. Loving it so far. And the cement color. I also bought it because (as all the Internet forums say) it’s an archaic dinosaur with no tech.

Nice looking truck ! seems I bought the twinkie to yours.
Originally Posted by ironbender
Nice truck!

I'm installing a Timney next week.......
Originally Posted by local_dirt

I like the color, actually went to buy a quick sand color one. the quick sand one was a '19 model Limited which is nicer but I preferred the blacked out Cement one I bought. I still really like
the Quick Sand color. By the way check out the new color Army Green.
[video:youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9dzmhQq99jg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/video]
Every vehicle should come with a safe.
I have 366,000 miles plus on my Silverado, best vehicle I've ever owned, but my OP about unions still gives me pause to support those thugs, that's all I'm saying. Before the 2000 Silverado, I had a 97 F-150 with the small V* (4.6?), had some transmission issues at 80K so I traded for the Silverado. Here at work, lots of issues with new RAM trucks.
thank you or feeding those Japanese kids.
Count me among those who like the new Toyota colors. It's hard to go wrong with a Tundra.

You mad, Bro?

Don't be mad, Bro!

The guy's happy about his brand new truck! He's not trolling, congrats to him! Let the man have some enjoyment with his shiny new truck, jeesh!

I've owned every model/make in my lifetime except Nissan. They all had problems, including my 2007 Tundra, which I'm still driving and am very happy with. It's a great truck, I liked all the others I had too.
I have 366,000 miles plus on my Silverado, best vehicle I've ever owned, but my OP about unions still gives me pause to support those thugs, that's all I'm saying. Before the 2000 Silverado, I had a 97 F-150 with the small V* (4.6?), had some transmission issues at 80K so I traded for the Silverado. Here at work, lots of issues with new RAM trucks.

We had a few (3 IIRC) Ram1/2t over the years. We got tired of picking up screws off the floorboard, and various other things virtually falling off of them to keep buying them.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

I have a 5.5' bed on my current 2016 F-150. I can't stand it. I'll never buy another truck with that short of a bed again.
Has gas mileage improved on these things? My neighbor gets like 12-13 miles to the gallon in his.
Originally Posted by killerv
Has gas mileage improved on these things? My neighbor gets like 12-13 miles to the gallon in his.

Nope, still sucks. All the other trucks suck the gas too. It's a truck, if you wanna save on gas get a Civic. I think the last thing I care about in a truck is gas mileage.

And I know there's the Ecoboost and Flex fuel, hybrid, etc., but that's a future Rube Goldberg problem.

After the hybrid engine problems my wife's car had and the turbo problems I had, I'll take a gas sucking naturally aspirated engine every single time!

I'll tell you what Walt, I still don't think the SYNC works well. I had one in my 2011 F-150. I had something similar in my 2014 Ram 1500, and now again in my 2016 F-150. I have a few less problems with this newer one, but I still don't care for it much.
Originally Posted by srwshooter
thank you or feeding those Japanese kids.

Lots of Japanese families in San Antonio? I would have never guessed it!!

Lemme guess, a Silverado man?? Thanks for feeding the kids in Silao Mexico!

I like the color, actually went to buy a quick sand color one. the quick sand one was a '19 model Limited which is nicer but I preferred the blacked out Cement one I bought. .

They forgot to "black out" all that chrome. smile
Originally Posted by 4winds
Originally Posted by killerv

Nope, still sucks. All the other trucks suck the gas too. It's a truck, if you wanna save on gas get a Civic. I think the last thing I care about in a truck is gas mileage.

And I know there's the Ecoboost and Flex fuel, hybrid, etc., but that's a future Rube Goldberg problem.

After the hybrid engine problems my wife's car had and the turbo problems I had, I'll take a gas sucking naturally aspirated engine every single time!

I have a Ram 1500 with the 6 cylinder and have been very impressed with the highway economy when I can keep relative wind on the front below 70 mph. This was on a trip from west CO to west TX.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]share picture

Another thing I love about it is the volume of the cupholders. They can accommodate a substantial amount of dog puke. On the negative side, the seat stains easily.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Looks good.

I have had two first generation Tundras and both were great trucks. I have a 2018 f150 which I like but do not have great expectations for the long term reliability of this truck. It makes more weird noises pops rattles and squeaks than any new vehicle I have ever been in. A lot of the little things like door handles and interior trim pieces feel very flimsy. My kids cant unlock the back doors without pulling the plungers straight out of the lock mechanism (plastic plunger is threaded, which strips right out). Little stuff like that.

I think you will like that tundra a lot. If they made the crew cab with a center seat up front I likely would have gotten one last year.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Every vehicle should come with a safe.

Huh?
I just returned from an 1850 mile trip in my 2019 Tundra with 4100 miles on it. A lot of the miles were driven at 75 to 80 mph. Most of the rest were in the Blackhills, so lots of hills. Average was 16.5 mpg. Around here, I get 16.5 to 17.5. I've seen as much as 20 mpg on the readout but all these figures were calculated based on miles and gallons.

The truck has 4.30 rear gears and will pull. We took it on this trip over my wife's Highlander because I prefer driving the Tundra. I actually think it rides and drives better.

I'm totally happy with my truck choice and I've been a Ford fan until recently.

Originally Posted by AnsonRogers
I just returned from an 1850 mile trip in my 2019 Tundra with 4100 miles on it. A lot of the miles were driven at 75 to 80 mph. Most of the rest were in the Blackhills, so lots of hills. Average was 16.5 mpg. Around here, I get 16.5 to 17.5. I've seen as much as 20 mpg on the readout but all these figures were calculated based on miles and gallons.

The truck has 4.30 rear gears and will pull. We took it on this trip over my wife's Highlander because I prefer driving the Tundra. I actually think it rides and drives better.

I'm totally happy with my truck choice and I've been a Ford fan until recently.

I got rid of my 2017 Tundra because it drove like crap and I am a loyal toyota customer. My SIL has a 2018 Silverado which drives way better then any Tundra. I have a Highlander for my long trips , I value my lower back.
Well, if everybody liked the same thing it would be a boring world. Mine is an SR5 with cloth power seat and adjustable lumbar support. It was more comfortable to me than the leather in the Limited. I'm not saying that the Tundra is the best riding truck out there but it beat the Ford in my opinion and I won't own a GM or Fiat product.

My neighbor got a Silverado in March and it has already left him stranded. Just quit running and it took them 3 weeks to fix it. It is a company truck. He says most of the others with the same truck have had similar issues. At least his rental was a Ford!

Originally Posted by Cheesy

Nice looking truck ! seems I bought the twinkie to yours.

Tinted front windows after that pic (regret never doing this on previous vehicles).

Did a front leveling kit, but will likely ditch it and put Bilstein 6112s spaced at 1.9” up front, 5100s in back, and possibly some CoachBuilder shackles to get a slight but of rake back in.

Added a cheap Tyger soft tonneau.

Added Katskinz leather (kids in hazkseat don’t get along with cloth.

Will paint (or buy prepainted) the chrome grill surround and hood bulge. Might do same on bumper corners or black them out.

I’ve never “modified” a vehicle before, but this one I plan on keeping for 250k, might as well have it as I want.
Originally Posted by AnsonRogers
Well, if everybody liked the same thing it would be a boring world. Mine is an SR5 with cloth power seat and adjustable lumbar support. It was more comfortable to me than the leather in the Limited. I'm not saying that the Tundra is the best riding truck out there but it beat the Ford in my opinion and I won't own a GM or Fiat product.

My neighbor got a Silverado in March and it has already left him stranded. Just quit running and it took them 3 weeks to fix it. It is a company truck. He says most of the others with the same truck have had similar issues. At least his rental was a Ford!

Yes I had a crewcab with power seat and lumbar.I agree the Limited seats are not worth the money. I had a 2016 F150 which was a Lemon and bought back from Ford. IMHO if it had Toyota QC it would be the most sold truck in the world. It was roomier inside then the Tundra and the Silverado and rode equal to the SIlverado.

I like the color, actually went to buy a quick sand color one. the quick sand one was a '19 model Limited which is nicer but I preferred the blacked out Cement one I bought. I still really like

Cool!

[Linked Image]

Cool!

[Linked Image]

The green one is a 4 runner TRD Pro, the sticker is 50K and they don't like to deal on them. You can run the Baja with it, however most never will. 50K for a 4Runner with crappy insides, cheap seats, limited connectivity with a small Nav screen that is PP when it comes to use and directions is crazy. Then throw in that ugly color???? Please....
Battue is correct in that color isn't for everybody. I like it though. The one thing this truck in the vid needs is some serious tires that are a little taller.
Battue is correct in that color isn't for everybody. I like it though. The one thing this truck in the vid needs is some serious tires that are a little taller.

I like that color on the Taco. Not so much on the $$Runner. Those wheels and tires are the 17's. You can tell by the wheels.

battue, he a $$Runner hater? smile

But, he's right about them not wanting to deal on the TRD Pro's.

I didn't pay anywhere near 50k for mine. But, I bought through my alma mater's credit union and 86'd a bunch of the useless crap, including the sun roof and "special" floor mats, replacing them with Weqther Techs..
Not a 4 runner hater by any means. Have had 3 of them, the last being a TRD Pro. I wanted another, but they raised the price an additional 2K on the 2020, without any upgrades. With the exception of the roof rack. Which has to be a noise maker at highway speeds.

They had a white one on the lot, the color I like, but wouldn’t deal.

Ended up with a used Chevy Tahoe with 30K and saved $20K+over a new one. Nice ride and it will take me wherever I need to go.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You mean to tell me that your brand new pickup does NOT come with every electronic manner of hell that can possible be crammed into a four wheeled buggy?

Whats the world coming to?

I can’t figure out 90% of the features on my Sequoia and maybe 70% on my Tundra....I got door locks and adjust side mirrors down pat. That’s about it...😬😎
Tundra, Sequoia, 4 Runner, Taco... et al. Are easy on a guys wallet after the purchase price.

My Ford and Chevs cost more to buy and maintain due to mechanical problems than I care to experience again...I do miss the extra room inside the cab, especially hunting. Trade offs- Lifes full of em...😬😎
Originally Posted by battue
Not a 4 runner hater by any means. Have had 3 of them, the last being a TRD Pro. I wanted another, but they raised the price an additional 2K on the 2020, without any upgrades. With the exception of the roof rack.

They had a white one on the lot, the color I like, but wouldn’t deal.

Ended up with a used Chevy Tahoe with 30K and saved $20K+over a new one. Nice ride and it will take me wherever I need to go.

A Tahoe or Yukon was my 2nd choice. Like them a lot.
© 24hourcampfire