Home
Posted By: Calvin New Vehicles - 10/20/19
Any good deals/rebates going on vehicles right now? I'm not really brand loyal so anything with a good price tag would be appreciated and it is the end of the year. I am willing to travel to pick up.
Posted By: champlain_islander Re: New Vehicles - 10/20/19
Got a new GMC Sierra last December 30 right at the end of the year. It was a 2018 holdover and they took 16K off the MSRP which was an offer I couldn't refuse. I always buy end of month but IMO end of year is even better.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: New Vehicles - 10/20/19
I got a mailing the other day from Chevy & it was advertising $9500 off a 2019 Sliverado with an additional $750 to finance thru GMAC for 72 months with zero interest.

Could prolly do a fair bit better with in-person negotiating.

MM
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: New Vehicles - 10/20/19
Chevy is offering 20% off MSRP on 2019 Crewcabs with the "traditional" tailgate. Who da fug needs a 6 way tailgate is beyond me.
Posted By: viking Re: New Vehicles - 10/20/19
Originally Posted by champlain_islander
Got a new GMC Sierra last December 30 right at the end of the year. It was a 2018 holdover and they took 16K off the MSRP which was an offer I couldn't refuse. I always buy end of month but IMO end of year is even better.

That’s what a kid that used to be a salesman told me.
Posted By: blairvt Re: New Vehicles - 10/20/19
I think there is a reason GM offers so many deals
Posted By: ERK Re: New Vehicles - 10/20/19
They just about all got rebates going on 2019 models because the 2020 are out. Not just Chevy duh. Ed k
Posted By: las Re: New Vehicles - 10/20/19
For new, Dave Smith motors in Kellogg ID anytime, and I think they have a sale going on right now in addition. See above, end of month/year.

for best value, look for a 3 year old lightly used/well maintained used vehicle. Fleet sales by the rental companies are often good.
Posted By: hanco Re: New Vehicles - 10/20/19
Beat those dealers up, leave without buying, they will call with a better price.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: New Vehicles - 10/21/19
My wife wanted a little SUV so I just leased her a new jeep Cherokee trailhawk. It was only $210 a month on a 2 year lease with no money down. I bought 10000 more miles up front bumping it to $239. After dealer discounts and factory rebates it was about $11,000 under sticker. $37k down to $26k cap cost.

Bb
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: New Vehicles - 10/21/19
I’ve got a 98Tahoe with a semi-fresh GM crate 350 L31, 65,000 miles. Transmission is in need of a rebuild. Pretty fresh set of Michelins. I’m not putting any more $$ in it. I’ll sell it for $850.

I know you are looking for much better than that. Just thought I’d throw that out there.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: New Vehicles - 10/21/19
Ford advertising zero % financing on F models. 72 months I believe.
Posted By: Toddly Re: New Vehicles - 10/21/19
I won’t ever buy a GM again.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: New Vehicles - 10/21/19
Originally Posted by Reloder28
I’ve got a 98Tahoe with a semi-fresh GM crate 350 L31, 65,000 miles. Transmission is in need of a rebuild. Pretty fresh set of Michelins. I’m not putting any more $$ in it. I’ll sell it for $850.

I know you are looking for much better than that. Just thought I’d throw that out there.

Dang! That’s a deal! What’s a tranny rebuild cost nowadays?
Posted By: Scott_Thornley Re: New Vehicles - 10/21/19
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

The real question is: Who makes a manual trans install kit smile
Posted By: TheKid Re: New Vehicles - 10/21/19
I just bought a 2019 Ford 3/4 ton. Since it was a leftover and a slow selling combo of cab and bed size I got it for about $9k off with all the rebates and what not.
Posted By: Seafire Re: New Vehicles - 10/21/19
Worse month of the year for auto/truck sales is January...

come the end of the month, they have a lot of interest to be paid to the bank for what they have on the lot...

walk into a dealer, last day of January, have your financing lined up, and don't go in there until after 1 o'clock..
the closer they get to closing time the more and more they are ready to deal...

they are starving on the last day of January to make sales, due to the month sucking...
and they have those monthly interest payments due the next day or two...

They''ll get unbelievably flexible at that point...
Posted By: hotsoup Re: New Vehicles - 10/21/19
Bought my wife a new 2019 Tahoe about 3 weeks ago. Took advantage of several rebates during the negotiating process, then paid cash for the balance. Wife is happy, so I'm satisfied. Life is good.
Posted By: Odessa Re: New Vehicles - 10/21/19
Just bought the first new truck I've ever owned; a 2019 Ford F150-XLT demo (450 miles on the truck when I test drove it). With all rebates and discounts the $45.1K sticker dropped to $34.1K - of course I had to pay state road use tax, county tax, and license plate fees on top of that. I haven't bought a new vehicle of any type in 13 years, so I was pretty rusty on the negotiating game. Paid cash so the financing part wasn't an issue (higher sell price if you take financing). I hope this one lasts me 20 years.
Posted By: Redneck Re: New Vehicles - 10/21/19
Originally Posted by blairvt
I think there is a reason GM offers so many deals
laugh laugh Yep - they HAVE to in order to move those pos's... (just kidding - (sorta))... laugh

I meant to add: I had a brief notion to obtain a new F-450 until I read the payload capacity... I can carry more (legally) in my current F-350 than I can in the F-450.. [bleep]... I'm keeping mine..
Posted By: hanco Re: New Vehicles - 10/21/19
Bought a new Dodge 2500 diesel 4 wheel drive in February. 61,003 sticker price, drove it out for 52,000. Bighorn model, felt like I got a good deal.
Posted By: NDsnowman Re: New Vehicles - 10/21/19
There was a guy selling an Avalanche in Washington State a while back....
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: New Vehicles - 10/21/19
I bought my 2019 ram 1500 in June for $39,600. It stickered for $59,000. The rebate was crazy high that month and the dealer discount was more than the rebate. It was over $19,000 in discounts. The sales guy told me the other day that if I want to sell it they would buy it back for more than I paid for it. He said the same truck this month would cost 10k more. I wonder if their fiscal year ends in June?

Bb
Posted By: killerv Re: New Vehicles - 10/21/19
Originally Posted by Odessa
Just bought the first new truck I've ever owned; a 2019 Ford F150-XLT demo (450 miles on the truck when I test drove it). With all rebates and discounts the $45.1K sticker dropped to $34.1K - of course I had to pay state road use tax, county tax, and license plate fees on top of that. I haven't bought a new vehicle of any type in 13 years, so I was pretty rusty on the negotiating game. Paid cash so the financing part wasn't an issue (higher sell price if you take financing). I hope this one lasts me 20 years.

that's not always the case, my buddy just got a better price and more incentives by doing the financing, and simply paid it off over the next 6 months. He certainly could have paid all the cash up front, but he saved a couple grand buy not doing so.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: New Vehicles - 10/24/19
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Last rebuild was 158,000 miles back, $2400. That included a new, dealer flashed computer control box.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: New Vehicles - 10/24/19
Originally Posted by killerv
Originally Posted by Odessa

that's not always the case, my buddy just got a better price and more incentives by doing the financing, and simply paid it off over the next 6 months. He certainly could have paid all the cash up front, but he saved a couple grand buy not doing so.

Part of my deal was that I had to borrow at least $20,000 from them to get that price. My trade was paid for and the difference was about $8,000. They financed 20k and cut me back a check for 12k. As soon as I could I paid the 12k plus more towards it so little interest is building. I'm supposed to wait 6 months to pay it off so I paid everything except 6 months worth of payments right off the bat.

Bb
Posted By: BigNate Re: New Vehicles - 10/24/19
Originally Posted by las
For new, Dave Smith motors in Kellogg ID anytime, and I think they have a sale going on right now in addition. See above, end of month/year.

for best value, look for a 3 year old lightly used/well maintained used vehicle. Fleet sales by the rental companies are often good.

Dave Smith in Kellogg was bought out by some Texas outfit and the good deals are OVER! I bought a Jeep and a Dart from them in 2016 and this spring was going to trade the Jeep in. They were the HIGHEST priced Dodges around here. I got the best deal from Pierce Auto in Sagle, Id.
© 24hourcampfire