Home
Posted By: PA_Bob Welcome To Southcentral PA! - 10/24/19
So Dick's is divesting itself regionally of its Field & Stream stores, I guess in an effort to continue it's virtue-signaling against firearms. Looking forward to the new tenant of the former Field & Stream store near Harrisburg--Sportsman's Warehouse. Heard a lot about this chain here and elsewhere and looking forward to browsing with them. https://www.pennlive.com/life/2019/...ream-store-at-the-capital-city-mall.html
Oh cool. Glad to see we're getting one of those stores. I'll definitely be checking that out.
Hopefully, Sportsmans takes over all the F&S stores!!!

Using the lending the F&S name to brand a mega outdoors store seemed wrong from the get go.
Got one in Columbia and its pretty good. Couple keys with the store to learn, usually one shipment per week. If you know what day it is get there in early/mid afternoon and they'll still be putting the stuff on the shelves (early bird get the pick of reloading components!). Second, those at the gun counter will be knowledgeable or believe everything 6.5 is the only way to go, decide accordingly. If prior/retired military make sure to get your 5% off.
Posted By: Terryk Re: Welcome To Southcentral PA! - 10/24/19
I think they are doing the same in Altoona. Glad dicks is eating $hit.
I believe the Altoona Sportsmans Warehouse opens this Friday.
7mm
Originally Posted by Terryk
I think they are doing the same in Altoona. Glad dicks is eating $hit.

A Sportsman's Warehouse + Dick's eating $hit?

I'd say that's pretty awesome.
Posted By: JTman Re: Welcome To Southcentral PA! - 10/24/19
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I believe the Altoona Sportsmans Warehouse opens this Friday.
7mm

Haven't been there yet but I saw on Facebook that they supposedly opened last Saturday, the 19th I believe. I had read before that they were closing the 10th for 10 days to get ready which would have put them at the 20th... although I could be wrong so I'd call before heading there.
Posted By: 35 Re: Welcome To Southcentral PA! - 10/24/19
Cool, Thanks for the heads up !
There`s going to be one in my hometown of Washington, Pa.
Yep, Altoona is open.
Grand opening is today and Friday.
Go to their site, they are having a sale.
Like to go Friday, but it's inline/kids rifle season.
Greensboro, N.C. is open. Store looks great and is well stocked.
Several Sportsman Warehouse stores in the area and and all well stocked
Sportsmans is my favorite chain, great service and reasonable prices.

I used to look forward to spending time wandering around Cabelas, until Bass Pro killed it.
F##k Cabelas

Turning into a yuppie store
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Greensboro, N.C. is open. Store looks great and is well stocked.

Wendover area?
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Welcome To Southcentral PA! - 10/24/19
Sounds like a good reason to take a road trip!
Posted By: horse1 Re: Welcome To Southcentral PA! - 10/24/19
Sportsmans Warehouse is a giant leap forward vs. Dick's. You'll feel like you hit the lottery. The only way that could've gone any better for you would be if SW would decide to deal in used firearms as well as new.
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Welcome To Southcentral PA! - 10/24/19
I was at the Sportsman's Warehouse in Cheyenne, Wyoming on the way to a hunt. I was very impressed.
I just read that Ed Stack is thinking of a run for POTUS. Just what we need.
donsm70
Posted By: Terryk Re: Welcome To Southcentral PA! - 10/27/19
At sportsman ware house in Altoona today, still looks like field and stream. Texted my buddy to wait until it gets turned over to the new merchandise. Seems like a Dicks to me. At least Primani Brothers will have a good sammy and beer. Leaves are beautiful for the trip, so stilla good adventure. 60 miles for me each way.
Sportsman’s was great here until the recession and they closed up shop. Too much competition now with a newer Academy and Bass Proelas to ever see SWHS again probably.
Posted By: WFR Re: Welcome To Southcentral PA! - 10/27/19
Your Harrisburg PA store should be a good one.
The store manager will be good for sure. I worked with him at Gander in Harrisburg years ago.

The Asheville NC store opened this week too.
© 24hourcampfire