Home
Posted By: jnyork a dilemma - 10/24/19
I am now 79 years old and have wanted a Single Action Army since I was about 12, figure if I'm gonna do it I better get going. grin

I could spend the bucks to get a real Colt, but I want it for a shooter and dont want to have to worry about getting some little scratch on it. I have just about made up my mind to go with the Cimmaron, standard finish, 7 1/2" barrel.

Now the dilemma: I already have a Winchester 73 copy in 44-40 that I like to shoot for silhouettes. So, do I get the SAA in 44-40 also or go with the .45 Colt? If I get the .45, I will have to buy a set of dies and some bullets. OTOH, if I get the .44-40, there is no guarantee my bullets for my rifle will even fit in the gun, let alone shoot well. I know this is not a target gun, and I'm not interested in CASS, but hope for accuracy better than minute-of-coffee-can.

What would you think YOU would do here?

Thanks.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: a dilemma - 10/24/19
Do what ever you jolly well please! Your money!
Posted By: hanco Re: a dilemma - 10/24/19
44-40
Posted By: 817 Re: a dilemma - 10/25/19
The correct bullet diameter for the Italian rifle and pistol is .429 if they are chambered in .44-40. Which means you can use the same load in each. This can make your life much easier. If you want more clarification let me know. Say hello for me to your lovely bride!
Posted By: kid0917 Re: a dilemma - 10/25/19
Originally Posted by hanco
44-40

X2

(would that make it 88-80??)
Posted By: mrfudd Re: a dilemma - 10/25/19
You’re 79- get a Colt and don’t worry about scratches. You have waited long enough, don’t settle for an imitation. Besides, scratches on guns and trucks and scars on old men tell a story of their own.
Posted By: nmitchell Re: a dilemma - 10/25/19
[quote=mrfudd]You’re 79- get a Colt and don’t worry about scratches. You have waited long enough, don’t settle for an imitation. Besides, scratches on guns and trucks and scars on old men tell a story of their own.[/quo

^^^This^^^
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: a dilemma - 10/25/19
Get a "Colt’s Frontier Six-Shooter"!
Posted By: 12344mag Re: a dilemma - 10/25/19
buying new dies is never a bad thing........
© 24hourcampfire