Home
Just checked the on line weather site for Dillon, Montana before I head out for an evening Hunt!
Its cold.
The high today is/has been 11 degrees!
The one hundred year average high temperature for this date is 52 degrees.
So its 41 degrees colder than normal for this date!
I say screw you algore.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Well, it was 88 down here today. Sweat City when you're slinging a chainsaw...we should split the difference?
I filled my elk tag on Monday, right before sundown, outside of White Sulphur Springs in Meagher County. I was able to gut the elk that evening and loaded it into the truck to take home in the morning. When I got up at sunrise, the elk was frozen solid, and still is. I think it was 10 degrees Monday night and hit below zero in town last night. I love snow and cold, so I'm not complaining...if this is global warming, I'm all for it.
Digital Dan: I would love to split the difference with you!
Be careful cuttin wood.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Saw on the Billings weather report last night that Montana is on track for the coldest year in recorded history.
Ya think maybe the solar minimum has more influence on weather than mankind?
Remsen: Good for you on the Elk harvest!
It was cold yesterday as well but I was to busy to check the computer for the facts.
Enjoy that Elk meat.
One of my friends got his Elk Sunday and he gave me some back strap!
I am letting it age another day of two.
Was 10 below zero that morning where they Hunted.
Wish me luck.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
WYcoyote: I have heard that fact (Montana coldest year on record so far!).
We''ll see but I am sure in my own mind/experience its NOT warming this year.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: I better get some "winter diesel", ASAP, for the VarmintMobile!
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Remsen: Good for you on the Elk harvest!
It was cold yesterday as well but I was to busy to check the computer for the facts.
Enjoy that Elk meat.
One of my friends got his Elk Sunday and he gave me some back strap!
I am letting it age another day of two.
Was 10 below zero that morning where they Hunted.
Wish me luck.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Good luck, VarmintGuy, and that's a heck of a friend! I don't think I've ever seen so many trucks with elk in the beds as I saw on Monday between Great Falls and Livingston. No idea whether this is a great year for Elk or whether folks are just getting lucky, but I sure like it.
It could be worse, I'm stuck working when I should be out hunting this cold snap. ..
Projected low tonight is 2 and tomorrow night -7. I doubt it will get that low, but there is a ton of snow here in NW Colorado. Have delayed setting up camp for one day to let it get a little warmer.
Getting cooler here now!
Just checked the on line weather site for Dillon, Montana before I head out for an evening Hunt!
Its cold.
The high today is/has been 11 degrees!
The one hundred year average high temperature for this date is 52 degrees.
I say screw you algore.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Imagine how cold it would be if it wasn't for Global Warming................
Posted By: las Re: So Much For "Global Warming"! - 10/30/19
In the 50's here today. 40's tonight I'm worried I might have to cut the grass agin. Well- not really - I cut it two days ago to remove the dog chit camoflaging leaves. But the grass is still green, bnut not growing much.

It's fuggin November, for Pete's sake! In Alaska (as elsewhere).

Clear skies tomorrow - some grouse gonna die just after dawn!
37 degrees and dropping here at the moment. High today was 42.
I am NOT moving to Texas to experience winter! smile
-9 forecast for tonight. So, this is October in Idaho.....?
It really isn't that cold here, lows around 10F but the wind blew about 30mph all day so it felt cold!
We're 20 degrees below normal the next couple days. 10 tonight. It's dry, though. We could use some precip but there's none in sight for at least 10 days.
Climate change.... how depends on location, it may be. Then there is mere "weather"., seasonalably, or by decade, or century.

Adapt or die!

Personally, I'm enjoying the "climate change" here from 40 years ago.

Fug ya'll! smile
It’s a balmy 7 degrees in Helena right now.
Originally Posted by Remsen
I filled my elk tag on Monday, right before sundown, outside of White Sulphur Springs in Meagher County. I was able to gut the elk that evening and loaded it into the truck to take home in the morning. When I got up at sunrise, the elk was frozen solid, and still is. I think it was 10 degrees Monday night and hit below zero in town last night. I love snow and cold, so I'm not complaining...if this is global warming, I'm all for it.

Nice work!
WYcoyote: I have heard that fact (Montana coldest year on record so far!).
We''ll see but I am sure in my own mind/experience its NOT warming this year.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: I better get some "winter diesel", ASAP, for the VarmintMobile!

You do understand the difference between weather and climate change right?

VarmintGuy

Sooo, you do understand this is the exact definition of climate change.
I don’t know how you all live where it is so cold??
Part of the reason for the cold weather is that the cold should mostly stay in the arctic, instead of dropping south with abnormal jet stream flow. That's what climate change is about, get used to the new normal. Barrow, Alaska weather is comparatively warm going into winter, and wildlife there would appreciate the cold.
It doesn't matter what the temperature does, the climate change retards never stop. Now they are connecting this to overpopulation and will try to start killing Americans if elected. Nevermind, the overcrowding everywhere else in the World. They'll do this as a means of demonstrating their patriotism to America.
That Russian Physicist gal (someone linked her a few days ago) says we're heading into a 20-30 year solar minimum of epic proportions. We're talking record cold, crop failures, an uptick in volcanic activity, bizarre weather, etc. . She has a stellar record on predictions. FWIW, there was a record cold temp for October in the mountains of northern Utah the other day (-41 below I think). And none of this has anything to do with global warming. It's all caused by the Sun.
RickyD: You are right on in your posting - the mentally diseased liberals will blame and try to destroy our few left industries no matter what the weather does!
They will use the weather as an excuse to try and do so - no matter what the weather does or is doing.
Be careful, VERY careful who you vote for!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
28°F here 1:14 pm.

11000 scientist say we have to many people.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/11...petition-includes-a-bunch-of-fake-names/
© 24hourcampfire