Home
Montana is so bad, folks should definitely move to California where it's nice and warm by the fires....
Safe travels Boom.
-6 here
60 here.....

Balmy 8* here.......at least no wind howling....

Rifle buck over yesterday....just watched 3 bucks & 15 doe walk through my field

They seem to know.........
60 here in PA.
76 this morning in North FL. 81 in Miami
-17 @ my house about 45 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Ulvejaeger
-17 @ my house about 45 minutes ago

Mountain man!
None of the trucks I have out in the field will start.

Maybe this afternoon.
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Safe travels Boom.

Thanks. I'm pretty sedentary right now. Monday, the Boss man suggested, by my interpretation of events, that I'm his bitch, so he got a firm GFY that needed no clarification. Next? We'll see.
Ha! All part of the healthy interpersonal communications that exist between Employee and Employer.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Ha! All part of the healthy interpersonal communications that exist between Employee and Employer.

Got that right. LOL
-18 in West Yellowstone this morning.
-4 at my house. Saw -10 on the way in to town.
47 and wet here in the Wilbarger creek bottom! You über borean hivernants stay warm this morn!!!
My AC went out last night, repairman on the way.........................
10 degrees this morning here in S. Colorado, with 6 inches of new snow on top of the snowfall from 2 days ago. Still coming down, forecast to be at Zero or below tonite. Isn't this still October?
16 now, predicting 9 tonight. High of 33, with winds 18-24, gusts to 34. too cold for red flag warning, but dry and windy enough.
We've hit zero several times every day for months now. 100, 90, 80, 70, 60 etc etc etc. grin

Don't think I'm ready for Montana type zeros just yet!
54 in Brookshire
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Safe travels Boom.

Thanks. I'm pretty sedentary right now. Monday, the Boss man suggested, by my interpretation of events, that I'm his bitch, so he got a firm GFY that needed no clarification. Next? We'll see.

Opportunities.
-3 this morning in Steamboat and the forecast for tonight is -11.
I drove across Montana yesterday.
I was climbing the Judith Mountains going West on highway 200.

It was 3 degrees F and I started fishtailing on ice at 50 mph. I thought I was going to the hospital, but I somehow regained control.

I stopped at a gas station and the guy said it was this cold on Halloween, 20 years ago.
Bah! Pineapple county...the Judiths.

We have had 20 below for Halo-weenie before.
It's 4*F here in Jackson this AM w/ bright sunshine and mild winds. Yesterday it was -6*F when I headed out w/ a stout breeze, I didn't take off my heavy balaclava and goggles until after noon when the sun came out. I did see a big old wolf though! He was <100 yards away but in a no hunting area and I am sure I heard him laughing at me.
I followed him for about 40 minutes and he showed no fear at all and never increased his pace.

mike r
Decided since I am home today we can bump the thermostat up to 63. The wife will be cozy (rrrr than normal).
63?

Thats fancy living!
Decided since I am home today we can bump the thermostat up to 63. The wife will be cozy (rrrr than normal).

Clear up to 63?! Wow, slow down big spender, you's unemployed now! "Go easy on the 'leg-tricity baby, we ain't a livin' in b'hama's ya know?! get's any hotter'n here we'll be ta growin' mold on da winda-sills."
2°F here this morning.
Oh chit, yuz guys right, save the propane. 58!

No need to go and spoil her. You got a logger on the thermostat for when you're not keeping an eye on it?
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

No need to go and spoil her. You got a logger on the thermostat for when you're not keeping an eye on it?

I should get some sort of Smart WiFi thermostat I can control from anywhere! Thanks for the tip.
I don’t understand what obama is doing on your thermometer!
WTH, you need to come up north where its warmer Boomer. The frost is already about melted and its still shy of noon! Been beautiful here lately actually kind of a late Indian summer lots of sunshine, it'll be clear up into the tall 40s later today smile
We've had zero in Arizona this week too. Grand canyon during my deer hunt!
84 here
Originally Posted by Salty303
WTH, you need to come up north where its warmer Boomer. The frost is already about melted and its still shy of noon! Been beautiful here lately actually kind of a late Indian summer lots of sunshine, it'll be clear up into the tall 40s later today smile

Sounds nice. No worries, up to 30 already and the lake is barely icy.... Freak weather. Hardly ever gets cold here they say. Thermostat is going back to 51 where it belongs! Our tropical fish is moving pretty slow, saves on food that way, maybe....

Originally Posted by ironbender
I don’t understand what obama is doing on your thermometer!

Took me a while but I get it....
Originally Posted by Borchardt
84 here

Too hot, but, then again, sounds pretty good!

Sounds nice. No worries, up to 30 already and the lake is barely icy.... Freak weather. Hardly ever gets cold here they say. Thermostat is going back to 51 where it belongs! Our tropical fish is moving pretty slow, saves on food that way, maybe....

We had some freak weather already too, good jag of snow at pretty low elevation in September, talkin 6 weeks early. I have a feeling old man winter's going to flex a bit of muscle this year.

We had some freak weather already too, good jag of snow at pretty low elevation in September, talkin 6 weeks early. I have a feeling old man winter's going to flex a bit of muscle this year.

That's the general consensus around these parts too! Hang in there. Still wonder if buying that AR pistol rather than a snowblower was such a great idea? Only time will tell.

That's the general consensus around these parts too! Hang in there. Still wonder if buying that AR pistol rather than a snowblower was such a great idea? Only time will tell.

If she gets cold inside, she can go outside and shovel.
10 here in NW NV.

If she gets cold inside, she can go outside and shovel.

Man, I am only 10 years married, have a lot to learn. Thanks again!
Stay warm this winter!

So let me get this straight. You actually thought about buying a blower, but didn't? Dood! That's a sentence for 2 years of straight winter right thar. oh well you'll have lots of nice safe snow bank back stops to play with yer AR grin
3. Near buckley AFB the southern cal lifestyle people are bitching about busses running behind ( ice), not enough plows on the roads, and then they are going too slow, airport delays, as soon as it melts potholes.
The same mindset as in the surgeons office last week; he was in emergency surgery so was almost an hour late. Dont know if they would bitch about their own emergency

Maybe some will go back. Hope hope
We've already had some frost here, low of about 32. A cold front is supposed to come through tomorrow, and they're forecasting lows in the 20's so we should get that good killing frost. I don't have anything growing that it will hurt, so let it come. Deer rifle season opens Nov 9, so I'm hoping for some cold weather.
Up to +14 now, at least that ends mosquito season for the year laugh
Lawn mower is resting till May!

So let me get this straight. You actually thought about buying a blower, but didn't? Dood! That's a sentence for 2 years of straight winter right thar. oh well you'll have lots of nice safe snow bank back stops to play with yer AR grin

It's not that he chose to forego one, he just hasn't found the right 1970-ish Craftsman, because they're the most recommended on here.

It's not that he chose to forego one, he just hasn't found the right 1970-ish Craftsman, because they're the most recommended on here.

Dohhhhh!
15 at 7:00 this AM
25 high today (right now, actually)
We'll hit about 11 tonight.
Got to like 40 here so the whinefest is over, til morning.....
It is suppose to get down below freezing here tonight.
Originally Posted by Scotty
It is suppose to get down below freezing here tonight.

Goodness! Has a State of Emergency been declared yet?

Good luck to you!
-6 this morning. Warmed up to 24. Stifling...
48 F in Eagle River AK rain expected tonight, Pineapple Express!!
Originally Posted by kk alaska

Dang, that sounds nasty and WARM!
Originally Posted by kk alaska

Dang, that sounds nasty and WARM!

And wet, pretty sure when they call for rain in Alaska this time of year we're talking about 10 rain drops to fill a pail! Stay dry kk..
Just checked sposed to be right on the freezing mark here tonight and clear. I'll take it.
Montana is so bad, folks should definitely move to California where it's nice and warm by the fires....

Don't be saying that "f" word around these parts, we got lucky this year. Still dry as can be, 0.3" rain in Oct.

And warm.......by some of y'alls standard.......................sunny CA was 6F this morning, this part of Cali anyway. Forecasting the same tonight. Mosquitoes? Our dide off back in Sept with the first good frosts. Haven't seen one for over a month!!!

51 degree spread here today, got way up to 57F this afternoon. Good weather for splitting wood and catching up on my recorded HOCKEY games. (Is there some kinda baseball thingie going on now? Is it important????)

Youse guys enjoy the cold, you'll be btichin' and moanin' bout the heat soon enough.

Geno
In the mid 80's I spent a few years in Yakutat, coastal Alaska. I have since seen heavier rain, in the Philippines, but have never seen so much rain. Just pour day after day after day, nonstop wet deluge..... I was a lot tougher then, we all were, just get out in it and do whatever needs done. January rain in Western Oregon about 39F can be pretty convincing too. Here in Montana, I think it rained for several hours once, it was like really raining, LOL. Our place is in a rainshadow here, doubt we get 10" annually, of rain.
Yeah cold heavy winter rain is a little bit of hell all right. The last place I lived at was on the far NW coast of Vancouver Island I just looked it up its a tad more than rainshadow Montana at 130 inches annually. lol BTDT don't think I'm in any hurry to do it again.
In the mid 80's I spent a few years in Yakutat, coastal Alaska. I have since seen heavier rain, in the Philippines, but have never seen so much rain. Just pour day after day after day, nonstop wet deluge..... I was a lot tougher then, we all were, just get out in it and do whatever needs done. January rain in Western Oregon about 39F can be pretty convincing too. Here in Montana, I think it rained for several hours once, it was like really raining, LOL. Our place is in a rainshadow here, doubt we get 10" annually, of rain.

I hate the rain, so I live in the desert. Snow is something you can ski on and is pretty, and is part of life in the mountains which can be travelled to as desired. Rain is boring and wet and generally sucks. It would seem that many people who live in rainy climes are boring and complain too much....except for those on the CFgrin

mike r
© 24hourcampfire