Home
Posted By: 7mmbuster Once Upon A Time In The West - 11/01/19
Fixing to come on the outdoor channel at 8 eastern.
One of the best westerns ever made, IMHO.
7mm
Now you've gone and done it.
I would put Unforgiven above it. But excuse me while I go get the popcorn..
Good movie. Henry Fonda is one of my favorite actors, especially in a western. "My name is nobody" and "Warlock" are my fav's.
For me it’s “The Searchers”, “Tombstone” and “Once Upon a Time...”.
“Unforgiven” is good but not top 5 for me. Too many great ones I like more.
7mm
Claudia....
Originally Posted by RMerta
Claudia....

MMMMMMM
That tune is an “ear worm”
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
7mm

One of the most boring flicks I've watched. Leone has orgasms with those close close close ups with never ending pregnant pauses. Story was convoluted, too.

Just my opinion. To each his own, huh? wink grin

L.W.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Once Upon A Time In The West - 11/02/19
Easily one of the most impossible to figure out whatinhell is going on.
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Easily one of the most impossible to figure out whatinhell is going on.

First time I saw it, I thought so too, and didn’t care for it. But I love Fonda and Bronson, so the next time it was on, I paid a lot closer attention to what was happening. You gotta pay attention, but the plot is very good once you see what the characters are doing.
Now I love it. With the cast and musical score, it ranks easily in my to three.
7mm
Yeah, it's a mess to follow along. I read wikipedia so I could make heads or tails. Not a terrible movie. The characters are all striking, whether hard men, or dirty or simply beautiful like Claudia Cardinale.
Leone's best. Easily in the top five with The Searchers easily the best ever. The Outlaw Josey Wales, The Wild Bunch, and The Unforgiven (Burt Lancaster) may best it. Either or both True Grit's, Hombre, The Professionals...
[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

A very divisive movie as far as westerns go, people tend to love it or hate it.
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
7mm

Yep. One of the best.
Posted By: hanco Re: Once Upon A Time In The West - 11/02/19
Very good movie!
I've never cared for Henry Fonda, (any of his clan), and I thought that was one of his worst. He sort of shuffles around the set whining. Jason Robards was ok but pretty dramatic. Bronson too. The big murder scene didn't make much sense. Jack Elam was, well Jack Elam. I have always liked him in his many rolls.

It was a spaghetti western and I don't think anyone does those as good as Clint Eastwood does, if they can be done good at all. They're sort of bionic.
It was the only non-Eastwood Spaghetti Western that was good.
Harmonica is a bad ass.

Bronson "you bring a horse for me"?

Elam "one shy"

Bronson "two to many"

that was and is a bad ass scene
always liked that movie.
No like.
How The West Was Won, 1963, has always been my favorite. It's a long movie and I saw it as a 10 year old kid with my Mom and Dad and loved every minute.
Conagher
I never have known what all is going on in this one. I watch it for long silent passages and those ominous looks. I like a film done by folks who understand that a movie is not just illustrated audio, or a theme park shooting range.
Once upon a time in the west, was ok! The Ballad of Cable Houge was a far better western!
© 24hourcampfire