Home

A simple hand sized LED flashlight that you use everyday that doesn’t cost a mint...

What’s your favorite

I like the coast G22 (2 AA’s) for simple stuff that I can carry in my pocket without too much fuss - no frills type of light that is in my tool pouch.

I like a bigger one with a 1 watt LED for the car / house - currently mines a no name (slidz brand) I picked up somewhere.
Not hand size, but I bought a pack of these, and have them scattered all over, house, trucks, backpacks, kayak, etc.....

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-Aluminum-Flashlight-10-Pack/38763652
Talk about disposable! Less than a buck a piece with the batteries. I have the plastic Walmart $.99 ones all over, but I like your aluminum ones better aalf. Higher priced and waterproof ones are at the dive shops. I've seen small flat ones with the batteries parallel instead of end to end.
I have one of those TAC lights that's pretty damn bright. I think I paid $18 at Walmart.

It focuses down to a real tight beam.
My favorite daily use LED light is still my tiny Surefire Titan Ti. It's only 100 lumens, but it is infinitely variable in output, uses a single CR123 battery. I used it early this morning to light my way to the tree stand. Less than the light of one candle was all I needed.
My most used flashlight is the Streamlight Nano on my keychain. LINK Truly tiny, amazingly bright - and always with me. Got mine for $10. Uses button batteries but I've owned mine for a couple of years now and it's still on the original set.
I got a BlackHawk flashlight I picked up somewhere for about 20$. It works.

The light I really liked was an inspection light, the kind mechanics use. As usual I cannot find it.
Fenix E18R is always in my pocket....

[Linked Image from i26.photobucket.com]

Is that a flashlight in your pocket or are you just happy to see me......
A Fenix E12 is always in my pocket, and I have spare AA batteries stashed just about everywhere. A 5.11 EDC also rides in a shirt pocket if am wearing a shirt with a pocket. I also have more powerful lights stashed just about everywhere.
I can make it to my deer stand with the flashlight on my i-phone. That's my EDC.
A good one, easily obtained and fed is a Bushnell T150L. The last I knew they still had them at Walmart. I've got one. It runs on a single AA battery, probably the most common size going and available anywhere. I think the "150" stands for 150 lumens. IME the power is much closer to fact than a lot of the Chinese lights online. 150 is certainly not extremely impressive, but it is good enough for most use. Same for the size. It is small but not the smallest available. It will fit easily in your pants pocket though and has a clip on it for keeping it right where you want it. Cost is $20. Not the cheapest, but not high-dollar and given the advantages, worth the money.
The one in my hand right now... IPhone 8+
A single AAA SL microstream. Just a touch bigger than a tube of chapstick. Pocket/cap bill clip. Many folks that have seen or used mine have bought there own.
Thanks to this thread, I just ordered the Streamlight USB Microstream Blue. I like the fact that it is USB chargeable, has a Lo and Hi mode, and defaults to the Lo mode initially. The bright blue finish will help find it if I drop it somewhere and it will be a great pairing with my Nano.
I've been daily carrying the Streamlight Microstream compact tac light for several years now. Clips right in the corner of your front pocket. Plenty bright. Takes one AAA battery.

Beware of forgeries.

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]
I looked at that one, but the USB model seems much more practical to me. I can recharge it almost anywhere, whereas AAA batts can be hard to find sometimes - and don't last long, either. I just ordered THIS ONE
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Thanks to this thread, I just ordered the Streamlight USB Microstream Blue. I like the fact that it is USB chargeable, has a Lo and Hi mode, and defaults to the Lo mode initially. The bright blue finish will help find it if I drop it somewhere and it will be a great pairing with my Nano.

Makes no sense ta buy anything that isn't USB rechargeable.

The same price, and needs no batteries for 5 years.

Here's a pocket size one:

https://www.amazon.com/Flashlight-Keychain-Rechargeable-Brightness-Achieve/dp/B06XSX9T43
I carry the Streamlight Stylus Pro. It is the size of an ink pen, and people often mistake it for one. Usually in my tshirt pocket. When wearing a polo style shirt it clips into the v-neck area b eneath the bottom button.

Lumens are one thing and "throw" is another. A 350 lumen light without throw engineered in is a close-up use light. The 100 lumen Stylus pro has the throw to light our beagle up at 60 and 70 yards away on her late night yard forays.

It is water proof, bomb proof, and idiot proof. Simple, and without adjustable brightness, 2 triple A batteries last a LONG time.
Intrinsically safe design allows it to be used in hazardous atmospheres.

This is the one flashlight most guys need.
Streamlight 1L1AA for me. Having the ability to use two different fuel sources is nice.
That said, Streamlight has some rechargeable small lights that look pretty interesting. Charge off a USB cable that are everywhere in day to day life.
Sunwayman P25C 1000 lumens

https://www.amazon.com/Sunwayman-P25C-Tactical-Flashlight-EdisonBright/dp/B00TY68ZG2
Originally Posted by slumlord
I can make it to my deer stand with the flashlight on my i-phone. That's my EDC.

I'll rephrase that, I can make it to all 16 of my deer stands with my the flashlight ap on my phone. 👍
I like the one I got at Family Dollar for a buck, 5 LEDs and batteries included. Fits in a pocket, plenty of light. If I loose it, break it, or give it away so what.
These are my favorite right now.
Got them scattered all over, every vehicle etc.

https://www.energizer.com/flashlights-lighting/professional-flashlights

I'll rephrase that, I can make it to all 16 of my deer stands with my the flashlight ap on my phone. 👍

Them corn piles show up real nice I bet.

Geno
This one! Tiny recharging, 1000 lumens. Been carrying it every day for several years now.

https://www.batteryjunction.com/olight-s1r-ii-baton-flashlight.html
Originally Posted by johnw
I carry the Streamlight Stylus Pro. It is the size of an ink pen, and people often mistake it for one. Usually in my tshirt pocket. When wearing a polo style shirt it clips into the v-neck area b eneath the bottom button.

Lumens are one thing and "throw" is another. A 350 lumen light without throw engineered in is a close-up use light. The 100 lumen Stylus pro has the throw to light our beagle up at 60 and 70 yards away on her late night yard forays.

It is water proof, bomb proof, and idiot proof. Simple, and without adjustable brightness, 2 triple A batteries last a LONG time.

+1.

I carry one everyday in my shirt pocket.
Plain old mag lite
ProTec 800
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
This one! Tiny recharging, 1000 lumens. Been carrying it every day for several years now.

Just received mine today, last week the topic came up about flashlights and one of the board members recommended this flashlight and the seeker 2, I said the hell with it and I ordered both.the s1r is A fantastic flashlight top quality lot of lighting options It’s a little baby I just drop it in my front pocket, the light output is unreal. Still waiting for the seeker 2 to finish charging. Got both of them at battery junction.

Originally Posted by Cheyenne
A Fenix E12 is always in my pocket, and I have spare AA batteries stashed just about everywhere. A 5.11 EDC also rides in a shirt pocket if am wearing a shirt with a pocket. I also have more powerful lights stashed just about everywhere.

Same here.
Fenix PD35
Streamlight ProTac 2L-X...every day in front pocket. Rechargeable lithium batteries. Love it!
Originally Posted by BamBam

Just received mine today, last week the topic came up about flashlights and one of the board members recommended this flashlight and the seeker 2, I said the hell with it and I ordered both.the s1r is A fantastic flashlight top quality lot of lighting options It’s a little baby I just drop it in my front pocket, the light output is unreal. Still waiting for the seeker 2 to finish charging. Got both of them at battery junction.

Yep. Love the small size of s1r and it’s incredibly bright!!!
Surefire Sidekick on my keychain. USB rechargeable is the easiest way to go.
Originally Posted by captbutch
Streamlight ProTac 2L-X...every day in front pocket. Rechargeable lithium batteries. Love it!

I carry and use this light everyday. Hands down my favorite flashlight ever.

Battery life is great, charge it overnight every two weeks or so, it can also use CR-123 batteries.

Very bright with good range, strobe if you ever need it and a dim setting.
I had been carrying a Streamlight PolyTac. I recently replaced it with a retina-searing Olight M2T Warrior.
i carry a Fenix PD35tac, great light, adjustable brightness, uses a 18650 lithium ion rechargable.
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Fenix PD35

this.
Originally Posted by huntsman22

Straight off Hunts' Tinder profile.

[Linked Image from i26.photobucket.com]*Flashlight included for scale.
I've been using a Surefire E1L for 10 years 8 months. In February of 2009, it cost me $104.50 delivered.

"Knock on wood." I don't want to lose the fugger now.
This one. Had it for years. Fits the Carhartts tool pocket perfectly.
Ozark trail OT250L

https://www.amazon.com/Equipment-Aluminum-Flashlight-Resistant-Construction/dp/B01N7E2Y25

These are excellent and have my recommendation.

In my household there are four of the S1R Baton II, two of the S2R Baton II, and one of the Baton Pro 2000. I do suggest purchasing the Olight L-Dock Recharge Kit for mounting on your hallway wall.

The S1R Baton II is definitely the more useful and likely to be clipped in your back pocket as it just sort of disappears 'til it is required.

[Linked Image]

My daughter has three with her.
I've carried one of these with my work keys and ID for 8 years. Bought a spare but the original one is still going strong. Plenty bright with a AAA but much brighter with a rechargeable 10440. A small copper wire ring needs to be installed in the head to use the 10440 but the difference is amazing.

ITP A03
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Fenix PD35

this.

Do you remove the batteries to recharge them, or just plug it in?
Originally Posted by kingston

I'm sorry to burst your infatuation with my 'hungitude', but I must explain..... I carry my wallet, extra 1911 mag and flashlight in my left front pocket. Keys, 3 pocket knives and chapstick in the right. I do this intentionally, to take the girls attention away from my small 'package'. It ain't named Wee Willy Winky, without cause.....grin
Originally Posted by kingston

I'm sorry to burst your infatuation with my 'hungitude', but I must explain..... I carry my wallet, extra 1911 mag and flashlight in my left front pocket. Keys, 3 pocket knives and chapstick in the right. I do this intentionally, to take the girls attention away from my small 'package'. It ain't named Wee Willy Winky, without cause.....grin
I just thought you had a hernia.
I am surprised nobody rocks an Olight. They make a multitude of amazing products...Everyone in my shop at work carries one kind or another. All purchased ourselves and converted by seeing what they can do daily.
Originally Posted by nemotheangler
I am surprised nobody rocks an Olight. They make a multitude of amazing products...Everyone in my shop at work carries one kind or another. All purchased ourselves and converted by seeing what they can do daily.

Apparently you didn’t read the whole thread. 😜

This is the Olight that’s my daily carry and that I highly recommend.

Thank goodness. It looked really uncomfortable.............for everyone.

I bet that chain is a hit with the Emo S&M types!

Laffin!

Streamlight Stylus.
well, it does keep me from losing it. And keeps me in emo chicks.
What da hell is emo chicks?
sim-u-lar to baby emu's......
Holyshit I’m laughing my ass off. 👍

I shipped a few rechargeable OLight kits to Afghanistan for my son and his buddies. The switch malfunctioned on the Gerber lights they were issued.
I modified an IWB holster to attach to the top of my boot and pack my trusty 20yo 6-cell maglight on my ankle.

But seriously, I'm not scared of the dark so my cell phone takes care of most of my lighting duties. I have flashlights, work lights, spot lights and even an endoscope stashed in the shop and truck if the need for more lumens arises.
https://www.streamlight.com/en/products/detail/index/protac-2aa

Always in my pocket at work
I really liked my Fenix ED12 iirc, but when it quit I got a $20 off Amazon and like it a lot. Uses AA and with the rechargeable Lithium Ion it is absolutely great. It has a 650 lumen output on high, and is just a bit bigger than the Fenix ED12 that had a lot less light. Lumitop LED
well, it does keep me from losing it. And keeps me in emo chicks.

So funny.
I guess that an EDC flashlight is like an EDC knife...it depends on where you spend your ED...

I carry a Streamlight Protac because it uses CR123A batteries jut like my Leica Rangefinder Binos so I only need carry one type of spare;
Is waterPROOF to IPX7, not waterRESISTANT (like most all USB rechargeables);
Is shock tested to 2m vs 1m...

...and there are pretty much no USB's anywhere around! wink
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by johnw

+1.

I carry one everyday in my shirt pocket.

I'll give one a try.

Well, I am not seeing that they're safety rated. A couple of the Stylus UL models are....

Missed it. Didn't follow link. I feel better now. smile
Emisar D4 at mountain electronics
Always with me and no bigger than a pen. Plenty of light. Streamlight Protac 2AAA

https://www.streamlight.com/en/products/detail/index/protac-2aaa
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I've been daily carrying the Streamlight Microstream compact tac light for several years now. Clips right in the corner of your front pocket. Plenty bright. Takes one AAA battery.

Beware of forgeries.

Yep.

This one.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Beware of forgeries.

Yep.

This one.

Pretty sexy for $16
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00143JZ08/ref=psdc_2445457011_t1_B003GXF9MW?th=1
I carry in all my vehicles and house, a light called the LED Lenser. Runs on 4 "AAA" batteries and has an adjustable lens so that you can go from spot to Flood. Very bright with a lot of throw! Bought them from Grainger many years ago after seeing them at the Grainger show in Orlando.

Also in my work truck is a Streamlight ProTac HL3....at 1,100 lumens….WOW, bastid will light up anything I need at quite a distance!
My Streamlight Microstream USB light arrived today. First impressions: Very nice little light. I like the low power first default. The high power "double click" is a bit tricky to learn (don't depress it all the way on the first click) and that isn't in the instructions. The USB cord is only three inches long, but any standard USB cable works. I also like the lanyard they include.
© 24hourcampfire