Home
Hey all, not sure if this is the right place to post this....gsp found near El Paso mountains near the town of Randsburg California, contact me if anyone knows anything
No chip?
Unfortunately no chip
A GSP likely will find a home.
Yes i am sure, It would be nice to get him back where he belongs though
I'd contact the local animal shelters and let them know you have the dog.

A friend lost their dog but recovered him when they check with the nearest animal shelter. The people who found him had notified the shelter.
Facebook. About the only thing its good for.

Hopefully it wasn't dumped.
https://www.petfinder.com/
gundogform.com

would be a great place to post
He isn't in my possession, it is being shared on a few offroad facebook pages, i believe that since the area is frequented by offroaders they assume that he was lost by someone camping and offroading, but when i see a pointer in this area of the desert this time of year i think hunter, particularly because i used to hunt the same area with my gsp. It is my understanding that what limited animal control resources they have there have been notified
Craigs list lost and found, don't leave your phone number
Make sure the REAL owner claims the dog. wink
Free to good home!
There you go - a good example of why it's a good idea to invest in getting your buddy chipped.
Originally Posted by socalgrizz
Hey all, not sure if this is the right place to post this....gsp found near El Paso mountains near the town of Randsburg California, contact me if anyone knows anything

You are to be commended for doing the right thing.
A quality leather collar with a brass plate stamped with 4 lines of text (your name, phone numbers, etc) is like $11 at NiteLite and other gundog vendors. Its got my dogs back on a couple of occasions.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

You are to be commended for doing the right thing.

Thank you...after briefly losing my dog in the field I know what it feels like
Originally Posted by walt501
I'd contact the local animal shelters and let them know you have the dog.

A friend lost their dog but recovered him when they check with the nearest animal shelter. The people who found him had notified the shelter.

LMAO, you don't know Randsburg.
I will hit up some off road sites and see if anyone is missing a dog.

I posted on RV.net and someone reported the owner and dog were re-united. No details but if I hear anything I'll post.
Reported on Facebook.
Originally Posted by smarquez

I posted on RV.net and someone reported the owner and dog were re-united. No details but if I hear anything I'll post.
Reported on Facebook.

That's great news...thanks for the sharing it
Thanks for the update. Not that it was on my mind but nice to hear things working out right.
Unfortunately I just heard from the person that has the dog and he hasn't been reunited with his family...thanks for the help though
I know exactly where that is. Killed many coyote and bobcat in them hills.
© 24hourcampfire