Home
Posted By: stxhunter price for a - 11/05/19
Smith & Wesson M&P 40 LE .40 S&W 4" Barrel with two mags. been offered one, don't know what a used one goes for.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: price for a - 11/05/19
You get a new one for about $350 with some S&W Rebates going on right now Roger.

Here’s the shorter version with a Crimson Trace Laser for $399.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/s-w-m-p-m2-0-shield-40-s-w-pistol-w-crimson-trace-laser-11674.html
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: price for a - 11/05/19
Cabela's just had a similar one on sale here for 188!!! New Gen coming out and their triggers suck. I have one I paid 234 for last year.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Cabela's just had a similar one on sale here for 188!!! New Gen coming out and their triggers suck. I have one I paid 234 for last year.

Damn! I know they don’t bring much used because all of the deals on new ones.
I think the only difference on the Cabela's sale and the LE version is the short picatinney piece in front of the trigger guard...

Gun prices are depressed right now...
I think the only difference on the Cabela's sale and the LE version is the short picatinney piece in front of the trigger guard...

Especially on M&P’s. They came out about 35 years too late after Glock had already cornered the Poly Frame Autoloader Market.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: price for a - 11/05/19
it says mp 40 springfield police dept on the slide. most of the prices i'm seeing online for new are 400+.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: price for a - 11/05/19
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Damn! I know they don’t bring much used because all of the deals on new ones.

Ya, and 9mm is coming on strong, the .40 not so much, and still more expensive to shoot.

The variety of compact nines available right now is unprecedented. I have a 9mm Springfield Armory XDs. It’s a fine handgun and I like it a lot, but it’s a single-stack 8+1 in competition with the Sig 365 10+1 and the Taurus G2c 12+1 . Springfield Armory themselves just came out with the smaller 13+1 Hellcat.

I went to the gunshow specifically to get extra mags for the XDs, before they go out of production 🤨
Here’s a new on for $349

https://www.cdnnsports.com/smith-wesson-m-p-40s-w-battleworn.html
Posted By: sactoller Re: price for a - 11/05/19
Roger,

I wouldn't give more than $300-350.
pretty sure i can get it for 2-250. box of ammo with it also.
Posted By: Barney_Fife Re: price for a - 11/05/19
About two fitty.
has tritium sights also.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
pretty sure i can get it for 2-250. box of ammo with it also.

$200 would be about all I’d give.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: price for a - 11/05/19
solid buy at 250.
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: price for a - 11/05/19
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Especially on M&P’s. They came out about 35 years too late after Glock had already cornered the Poly Frame Autoloader Market.

Glock owned the market 35 years ago but they are losing ground.

Any number of present day manufacturers have better poly handguns for less money than Glock nowadays.

Mike
Posted By: kwg020 Re: price for a - 11/05/19
The 40's have taken a price beating since the 9mm has become so popular. My local gun shop won't even take them in on a trade.

kwg
Posted By: jackmountain Re: price for a - 11/05/19
LGS here won't take a .40 on trade either. I'd take it for $250 in a second though. I'd take 4 @ $200.
Posted By: BigNate Re: price for a - 11/05/19
Originally Posted by kwg020
The 40's have taken a price beating since the 9mm has become so popular. My local gun shop won't even take them in on a trade.

kwg

This! The new 9mm ammo performance is so good the 40 is loosing popularity so fast they're selling them cheap. Most of the LEO's have gone back to 9mm. 40's are still authorized but not "the thing" anymore.
i got several coffee cans full of 40 s&w from when we use to shoot ipsc.
this would be the first semiauto that's not a 1911.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
this would be the first semiauto that's not a 1911.

I carry mine more than most and it is okay to shoot, but the lousy trigger and greater weight make me wish for a essentially the same thing in 9mm. It is virtually identical in size to the Glock 43, a 9mm.
Posted By: rem shooter Re: price for a - 11/05/19
Sportsmens outdoor superstore .com ,has the same gun in 3.6 inch barrel .40 cal ,brand new for 300 dollors and free shipping will be less if you can use S@W rebate ,i ordered some from them they ok , i got same gun with rebate for 260 dollors ,could not pass it up.Smith & Wesson M&P40 M2.0 Compact 40 S&W Pistol with 3.6 Inch Barrel
Posted By: shootbrownelk Re: price for a - 11/05/19
Around here you almost can't give away a 40. The ammo is more expensive than 9mm. The LGS won't even take one in trade. Looks like the caliber is about dead, around here anyway. I's much rather have a .45 than a .40 myself.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: price for a - 11/05/19
Some of the small manufacturers have improved their budget 9mms to such as extent that it's getting difficult for the major manufacturers to keep up with their prices.

Also,...the market is simply flooded with 9mm pistols. Since they went to polymer frames, pistols can be produced like shelling peas.
© 24hourcampfire