Home
Posted By: Tyrone Matt Bevin Getting Whooped?! - 11/06/19
What's up with that, KY?

Can't believe KY would elect a cock-sucking Democrat over Bevin.
Rural Kentucky hasn’t been tallied according to Fox during Tucker Carlson show.
For reasons I cannot fathom, Kentucky has long voted democrat in state politics. As time goes on, it baffles me more and more. I cannot express my disdain for the Beshear family enough, it slips the bounds of the english language, but I lay this at the feet of the stupid teacher's union, who was whipped into a fever, over the state pension, and will find themselves getting a check for nothing.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Matt Bevin Getting Whooped?! - 11/06/19
as disliked as Bevins was, I'm still kinda stunned he is losing
I can't believe he's losing.

Taxes will go through the roof if Kentucky elects that commie.
Frogsnacks!

Lets hope for a miracle Kentucky!
Posted By: gunzo Re: Matt Bevin Getting Whooped?! - 11/06/19
My reports have it 49-49%, please avoid the fake news for a couple hours at least.

Not what I'd like to see & surprising as the rest of the repubs are winning 60-40% .

Bevins, or any logic & cold hearted common sense is more than some can take. A fuggin shame.
drudge says its over, Bevins lost

I hope not
That's fugged.

Best governor this state has had in my lifetime,...and he get's voted out for Beshear?

Somebody's got some 'splainin' to do.
Unions. Kentucky Teacher's Union. [bleep] democrat garbage. The same Democrats who who steered the pension system to disaster over the last 30 years. They win again. Great job, teachers. You have sunk us all.
Originally Posted by Tyrone
What's up with that, KY?

The Leftist teachers Union went after him, and some idiot ran as a Libertarian ans took away 28,000+ votes. Bevin did good things, but he said some really dumb things when he was trying to fix the teacher's pension problems and really pissed people off. Now we have a little punk assed Liberal who will be owned by the gambling industry, just like his Dear Old Daddy was. The only light at the end of the tunnel is most of the other crooked Democrats lost around the state. The Atty General Is a Republican, so little Andy won't be able to hide behind a Democrat AG.
I have seen 3 Republican governors in my lifetime in this state...Nunn, Fletcher, and Bevin and none of them could win re-election. I don't know if this is any indication of what Trump will experience or not in 2020, but it could be. Bevin did a good job, trying to straighten out a mess, but he hurt himself a lot by not knowing how to handle the criticism.......just like Trump. The telling thing here is that every other Republican won their state office, meaning that a lot of GOP voters did not vote for Bevin. The trouble with electing a businessman as governor or President, is that are not dealing with other businessmen, but other politicians, who only see things one way......the political way.

I really thought Bevin would win, just as thought our county would reject the nickel increase in property tax, and I was wrong on both accounts.
Posted By: jk16 Re: Matt Bevin Getting Whooped?! - 11/06/19
Acording to the latest count , only 4 TENTHS of a percemt (4,000 votes) now separate the two candidates..
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I have seen 3 Republican governors in my lifetime in this state...Nunn, Fletcher, and Bevin and none of them could win re-election. I don't know if this is any indication of what Trump will experience or not in 2020, but it could be. Bevin did a good job, trying to straighten out a mess, but he hurt himself a lot by not knowing how to handle the criticism.......just like Trump. The telling thing here is that every other Republican won their state office, meaning that a lot of GOP voters did not vote for Bevin. The trouble with electing a businessman as governor or President, is that are not dealing with other businessmen, but other politicians, who only see things one way......the political way.

I really thought Bevin would win, just as thought our county would reject the nickel increase in property tax, and I was wrong on both accounts.

Bevin was too straight talking,....although I appreciate that in him.

He said it like it is and there's too many people in this state who don't know enough to appreciate that in a man.

That's it in a nutshell..

I'm pretty disgusted with this place right now.
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Bevin was too straight talking,....although I appreciate that in him.

He said it like it is and there's too many people in this state who don't know enough to appreciate that in a man.

That's it in a nutshell..

I'm pretty disgusted with this place right now.

This state does not want a straight talker..............too many years of the good ole boy system are still ingrained in both parties. I knew some Republican teachers and state workers who did not vote for Bevin because of how he tried to fix the pension system. They are conservative until it comes to their money.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Matt Bevin Getting Whooped?! - 11/06/19
Bevins straight talk is what I liked. But, again, that ain't politics as usual. The race isn't totally over, but Ky. elections do go smoother than some & the outcomes are rarely, if at all challenged.

A sad day.
The vote differential in two counties Fayette (Lexington) and Jefferson (Louisville) put Beshear in the Governor's house. Aint hard to figure that one out.
Originally Posted by cuznguido
The vote differential in two counties Fayette (Lexington) and Jefferson (Louisville) put Beshear in the Governor's house. Aint hard to figure that one out.

No doubt about that. Lexington and Louisville are always what a Republican has to overcome in Kentucky. But the sad part is,...the Lexington crap is leaking out into the adjoining counties because so many people are moving out of Fayette county into the surrounding counties.
Musta been all the Kommiefornians that moved there.
Originally Posted by FatCity67

Nah. It's people who live here and don't know what the fug is going on in the democratic party.
Originally Posted by FatCity67

Nah. It's people who live here and don't know what the fug is going on in the democratic party.

Just being a smartáss.

Hope you folks pull out a miracle.
Actually,...it's a damn wonder that Matt Bevin ever got elected in the first place. Kentucky is a very conservative place. But it's got a cancer of people who don't understand that the democratic party no longer represents them.

Like I said,...they think it's 1935.
We have them here in Kommiefornia as well. We call them Valleycrats.
Originally Posted by Tyrone
What's up with that, KY?

................I do not know what the laws in Kentucky are for an automatic recount request by either candidate. Half of 1%?

1.4 million plus votes cast and about 4,000 votes separate them.....I say automatic recount time for Bevin.

Out of 120 total counties in KY, 24 are responsible for Bashear getting elected. The big 3 are Jefferson, Fayette and Kenton counties.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...-kentucky-governor-general-election.html

Guess KY can kiss this hard earned ranking Goodbye now. Kentucky moves up in national business tax climate rankings

In the Tax Foundation’s just-released 2019 State Business Tax Climate Index, Kentucky moved from 33rd in the nation in the 2018 index to 23rd in the 2019 index, jumping ahead 10 spots and coming much closer in line with our neighboring states.* The Commonwealth’s increased competitiveness is a direct result of tax reform legislation supported by GLI in the 2018 legislative session. “Kentucky adopted revenue-positive tax reform which increases tax collections (primarily to address unfunded pension liabilities) while improving the overall tax structure,” the report states.

And say Hello to more of this: #46 | Ranking the States by Fiscal...leen Norcross Senior Research Fellow

I have to say it's nice to see you guys gnashing your teeth. The message is clear, Trump going to Kentucky yesterday didn't help, probably hurt Bevin. Aligning yourself with Trump will hurt you, because he's a despicable creature. Moscow Mitch isn't enjoying tonight, I hope they send him packing, too. Looks like good things happened in Virginia, too. Read em and weep, aholes.

Originally Posted by Paddler
I have to say it's nice to see you guys gnashing your teeth. The message is clear, Trump going to Kentucky yesterday didn't help, probably hurt Bevin. Aligning yourself with Trump will hurt you, because he's a despicable creature. Moscow Mitch isn't enjoying tonight, I hope they send him packing, too. Looks like good things happened in Virginia, too. Read em and weep, aholes.

You say, "gnashing your teeth" because you're speaking from years of experience yourself ?

Rating Group: National Rifle Association

UT U.S. House 1 Rob Bishop Republican 93%

UT U.S. House 2 Chris Stewart Republican 93%

Jason Chaffetz 93%

Political party strength in Utah

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah#Politics

...The state has not voted for a Democrat for president since 1964. Historically, Republican presidential nominees score one of their best margins of victory here. Utah was the Republicans' best state in the 1976,[136] 1980,[137] 1984,[138] 1988,[139] 1996,[140] 2000,[141] and 2004[142] elections. In 1992, Utah was the only state in the nation where Democratic candidate Bill Clinton finished behind both Republican candidate George HW Bush and Independent candidate Ross Perot.[143] In 2004, Republican George W. Bush won every county in the state and Utah gave him his largest margin of victory of any state. He won the state's five electoral votes by a margin of 46 percentage points with 71.5% of the vote. In the 1996 Presidential elections the Republican candidate received a smaller 54% of the vote while the Democrat earned 34%.[144

#8 | Ranking the States by Fiscal Condition: Utah

Paddler's an idiot as usual. The fact is Bevin was a very unpopular governor. Most unpopular in the US. He had a 32% approval rating in KY a couple of months ago.

Trump likely kept things closer for him than they should have been, but this was about Bevin, not DJT, or the GOP. It's a huge reason why every other GOP KY candidate Trump stumped for did very well, including the Black AG, he's a rising star.

Paddler's still butthurt from his '16 paddling, he'll probably off himself in a year with what's coming.
Bevin inherited a mess to begin with, as Kentucky's finances were in a mess, and in many ways still are. This is a great place to live, and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else, but facts are facts, and there has been a system in place here for many generations that favors the Democrats..........a little thing called state jobs. Since the Democrats often control the local politics, it stands to reason that most of the jobs are filled by Democrats.........teachers, highway department, and county workers. Bevin tried to fix their pension problems, something that sorely needed fixing, and he was very adamant about the way he went about doing it, and made a lot of political enemies as result.

Politically wise, this is a weird place. It has been a Democrat stronghold since the War Between the States, but in more recent years, as the Democrats went to the left, the GOP has gained a lot of power. They control both the House and the Senate, and won all the state offices last night except for governor, which shows how unpopular Bevin was even in his own party. This election was not Democrat versus Republican, but a vote of approval on Bevin.

I think he overplayed the abortion thing too. He is strongly pro-life, as most Kentuckians are, but for the most part, people just don't give a chit about abortion as a political issue, as there are more important things. Also, Bevin is a prime example of why it is very hard for a businessman to succeed in the political world. Politics and business are two different things, and unless a businessman knows how to also play the political game, they usually end up in trouble......just like Bevin did. Although he tried very hard to do a good job, and I believe he did, he used the wrong approach, and it cost him his job, and Kentucky a chance to move forward.
Posted By: IZH27 Re: Matt Bevin Getting Whooped?! - 11/06/19
Good synopsis of this state. I think that the businessman turned politician angle was his issue. He was too slow on the learning curve. I don’t think that this was a measure of Trump. I am concerned that Trump and Bevin are both bold speakers as politicians go. I personally like that but a lot of our countrymen don’t. I wonder if that boldness and people’s dislike for it will make the same difference in the presidential race.
Well this is a huge problem for us in the upcoming 2020 races. We can't afford to give up any races at all. Especially house and SENATE races. I truly hate to see Bevin loose because he was a good man and right on the issues. Now we will have a leftist governor in there pissing in that tent. it's a shame.

The problem we have with all state and local governments is they all have grown out of control and their employees are going to vote their pocketbooks. Slowly they have been populated by liberals and the positions of power and control especially for elections are in control of liberals. That's a game changer in a close election. They've proven it time and again.

There's a reason why Obama was high on organizing! Think ACORN!!!
From my other post on the subject: The sooner we all come to the realization the republic is lost, the sooner you can make plans to hunker down and hopefully live the rest of your days without the government taking all your assets to pay off the great unwashed, which constitutes AT LEAST 50% of the population. Virginia is now gone as well, as is California and Arizona, all three were pretty much R states. Texas is next...

Look at this map, Looks like a microcosm of the entire US , yet the R still lost. Why? because between the immigrant invasion and democrats, they are outfucking us. period,
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EIp85vWUUAAvgNg?format=jpg&name=small[/img]
A few things we need to know.

1.) How much money did the DNC pour into this election?
2.) How much out of state money was used
3.) What issues did the DNC try to go negative on Bevin on and how hard did they push it?

The Dems are desparate for ANY victory, and have shown that they will pour massive money into some elections just get a victory. We saw the Dems spend $30 million dollars losing a special election in a $3 million race. They doubled down and won the District a year later, but spent $50 million dollars to do it whereas the GOP spent $10 million. The Dems "bought" many of those abandoned GOP seats they took in the House. More money in the race gave them more ad time, social media time, and more face time in town hall events. When there is no name recognition, they built it fast.

Did they pull an Alinisky on Bevin? Isolate, polarize, ridicule, then offer their guy as clean no name?
Trump on that state by 30 points. That alone should have sufficed, unless of course what you say above happened, which validates my low opinion of the average voter...
I know nothing about KY politics so I'm just asking...what happened in the R primary? If Bevan's so unpopular, how did he get on the ballot again? Do the R's not have anyone more suitable to run against him?
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I know nothing about KY politics so I'm just asking...what happened in the R primary? If Bevan's so unpopular, how did he get on the ballot again? Do the R's not have anyone more suitable to run against him?

Most likely a case of no one wanting to challenge the incumbent. He won the GOP primary 4 years ago by a even slimmer margin than he lost by last night, and won the governors race against a rather weak Democrat. Bevin is not a native Kentuckian, and to be truthful about it, has never really fit in.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
From my other post on the subject: The sooner we all come to the realization the republic is lost, the sooner you can make plans to hunker down and hopefully live the rest of your days without the government taking all your assets to pay off the great unwashed, which constitutes AT LEAST 50% of the population. Virginia is now gone as well, as is California and Arizona, all three were pretty much R states. Texas is next...

Look at this map, Looks like a microcosm of the entire US , yet the R still lost. Why? because between the immigrant invasion and democrats, they are outfucking us. period,

Ah, go have an Irish coffee and chill. Put me in charge and in 10 years I could get half the Mescans and 1/3 of the Brothers and Sistas voting GOP. Just need some spokes people with charisma to court them. Tell the Mescans that the Dems are cut from the same cloth as the corrupt politicians they fled from. Point out who is for abortion, more taxes, class envy, inconsistent application of the law and contrast that to the GOP that offers the opportunity for upward social and economic mobility. Remind them who hates religion. You got to preach it to them loud and often. Same with the Brothers. Many are ready to bolt the Dems. Trump has brought them record low unemployment and certainly has done little block economic advancement for that group. How about Asians including the Indians? The Chinese and Koreans fled that communist stuff, so easy to get them voting GOP. Dot heads are all about self reliance.

Only block I couldn't convert is the college educated white urban dwellers. They are too busy dining out at some celebrity chefs restaurant and planing their mountain bike trip to Moab to listen. Then they have their sister's destination wedding in Ho Chi Minh City or Tuscany to plan for.
Posted By: K22 Re: Matt Bevin Getting Whooped?! - 11/06/19
Originally Posted by hatari

3.) What issues did the DNC try to go negative on Bevin on and how hard did they push it?

The Dems are desparate for ANY victory, and have shown that they will pour massive money into some elections just get a victory. We saw the Dems spend $30 million dollars losing a special election in a $3 million race. They doubled down and won the District a year later, but spent $50 million dollars to do it whereas the GOP spent $10 million. The Dems "bought" many of those abandoned GOP seats they took in the House. More money in the race gave them more ad time, social media time, and more face time in town hall events. When there is no name recognition, they built it fast.

Did they pull an Alinisky on Bevin? Isolate, polarize, ridicule, then offer their guy as clean no name?

I like your post. Lots of logic here. Also, here is something else to consider. If you watched the Lexington Rally you saw Trump fire a Concord shot at the DS.

https://mobile.twitter.com/3Days3Nights/status/1191911778424369152

Too many years of spend and commit to more spending fiscal irresponsibility and abuses by almost total Democrat state government control resulted in this:

https://www.statedatalab.org/library/doclib/2009-FSOS.pdf

Like President Trump, Matt Bevin tried and was starting to make some headway but, also like Trump, the 'gimme-more' Democrats couldn't stand it.

https://www.truthinaccounting.org/library/doclib/KY-2017-2pager.pdf

BUT, .. it also sounds like the proverbial, "Fat Lady", may not have sung the last note quite yet:

Senate president: Kentucky governor's race could be decided by state legislature

Kentucky Senate President Robert Stivers threw another wrench into the state's razor-thin gubernatorial outcome late Tuesday night, saying that the legislature could decide the race.

Stivers' comments came shortly after Gov. Matt Bevin refused to concede to Attorney General Andy Beshear, who led by roughly 5,100 votes when all the precincts were counted.

“There’s less than one-half of 1%, as I understand, separating the governor and the attorney general,” Stivers said. “We will follow the letter of the law and what various processes determine.”

Stivers, R-Manchester, said based on his staff’s research, the decision could come before the Republican-controlled state legislature.

Under state law, Bevin has 30 days to formally contest the outcome once it is certified by the State Board of Elections. Candidates typically ask for a re-canvass of voting machines and a recount first.

The last contested governor's race was the 1899 election of Democrat William Goebel.

Stivers said he thought Bevin’s speech declining to concede to Beshear was “appropriate.” He said believes most of the votes that went to Libertarian John Hicks, who received about 2% of the total vote, would have gone to Bevin and made him the clear winner.

Where will Kentucky get 54 billion dollars?

That's going to be the task for the new governor.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...-pensions-fuel-kentuckys-54-billion-debt

FRANKFORT, KY. (AP) — Kentucky is more than $54 billion in debt, with estimated unfunded retirement benefits accounting for more than 80 percent of that figure.

Republican Auditor Mike Harmon issued a report on Tuesday detailing the various sources of Kentucky's debt. Pension liabilities were the largest, accounting for $43.3 billion. That's the total number of pension and health insurance benefits Kentucky owes over the next three decades but does not have the money to pay.

About $9 billion is debt supported by state tax dollars, including $3.85 billion for construction projects and $1.81 billion for public universities. About $2.25 billion in debt is supported by bonds, including money for grants, scholarships and student loans.

Harmon says the total debt is more than $12,000 for every person in Kentucky.
Who cares?

It doesn't seem to matter to any of them.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Who cares?

It matters to a lot of them. Look at the election map.

https://www.politico.com/election-results/2019/kentucky/
The two big cities, Lexington and Louisville, elect the democrats in this state. If not for the votes in those two counties, we'd have Republican Governors every term.

Ah, go have an Irish coffee and chill. Put me in charge and in 10 years I could get half the Mescans and 1/3 of the Brothers and Sistas voting GOP. Just need some spokes people with charisma to court them. Tell the Mescans that the Dems are cut from the same cloth as the corrupt politicians they fled from. Point out who is for abortion, more taxes, class envy, inconsistent application of the law and contrast that to the GOP that offers the opportunity for upward social and economic mobility. Remind them who hates religion. You got to preach it to them loud and often. Same with the Brothers. Many are ready to bolt the Dems. Trump has brought them record low unemployment and certainly has done little block economic advancement for that group. How about Asians including the Indians? The Chinese and Koreans fled that communist stuff, so easy to get them voting GOP. Dot heads are all about self reliance.

Only block I couldn't convert is the college educated white urban dwellers. They are too busy dining out at some celebrity chefs restaurant and planing their mountain bike trip to Moab to listen. Then they have their sister's destination wedding in Ho Chi Minh City or Tuscany to plan for.

Trouble is, we can't put you in charge.
The two big cities, Lexington and Louisville, elect the democrats in this state. If not for the votes in those two counties, we'd have Republican Governors every term.

Abscesses do gather the pus.
Posted By: 79S Re: Matt Bevin Getting Whooped?! - 11/06/19

By most accounts the dnc is broke from that spending. Far as Kentucky be curious how much outside money was spent on the election.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Who cares?

It matters to a lot of them. Look at the election map.

https://www.politico.com/election-results/2019/kentucky/

When you have to be elected by people who might have their pensions cut........

What if pensions were eliminated country wide? Federal all the way down to city.

Not just for the communist teachers.
Personally I didn't see a huge amount of campaigning for Beshear. At least not in south central KY, which is a Republican enclave anyway, so that might explain why I didn't see much.

I think a whole lot of people in KY held their noses and voted for Beshear. This was more of an anti-Bevin referendum than anything else. Party affiliation was secondary.
Originally Posted by auk1124
Personally I didn't see a huge amount of campaigning for Beshear. At least not in south central KY, which is a Republican enclave anyway, so that might explain why I didn't see much.

I think a whole lot of people in KY held their noses and voted for Beshear. This was more of an anti-Bevin referendum than anything else. Party affiliation was secondary.

Not so much.

Bevin only lost by 5000 votes, or so. If you look at the totals that came out of Lexington and Louisville, he lost by much more than those 5000 votes. The rest of the state just couldn't overcome that.

Interesting to note,...out of all the offices covered in yesterday's election, Beshear was the only Democrat to win. Republicans took the rest.
They need to drop pensions. Move to defined contribution plans.

Folk won’t like it.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
They need to drop pensions. Move to defined contribution plans.

Folk won’t like it.

Its easy to pick on the teachers. They are mostly women, mostly leftists, and mostly lazy. Only work 9 months you know.

Of course how would we keep the economy BOOMING without all that borrowed money being wheeled about.
Teachers aren't going to like having 45 kids in a class, either.
I dont know how you make em happy.

They have 14 in a class up here and dont like it.
It ain’t just the teachers, though they are easy to point at for some of the reasons you mentioned. It’s public employee pensions in general.

Something has to give, or someone robbed.
For one thing don't give them in loco parentis responsibility without in loco parentis authority.
It ain’t just the teachers, though they are easy to point at for some of the reasons you mentioned. It’s public employee pensions in general.

Beshear's "plan" is to raise money through gambling,...which means that he doesn't have a plan.
Gambling and lotto are a tax on the dumb......might work really well.

https://ballotpedia.org/Public_education_in_Kentucky

...There were 42,769 teachers in the public schools, or roughly one teacher for every 16 students, equal to the national average. There was roughly one administrator for every 209 students, compared to the national average of one administrator for every 295 students

Exploring the Intricate Layers of State and Local Governments: Kentucky

State and Local Government EmploymentTotal

Total Full-Time Employees: 228,171

State: 72,416
Local: 155,755

Full-Time Employee Pay: $695,218,139

State: 261,314,705
Local: 433,903,434

It’ll just get spent elsewhere and pensions will still be a cancer on the tax payers.

It’s already been done all across the country.
It’ll just get spent elsewhere and pensions will still be a cancer on the tax payers.

It’s already been done all across the country.

Yep. "Gambling/lotto money will go to education" usually means it will go to education instead of the money that was already going there but no longer is now that there's gambling/lotto.
Actually,...it's a damn wonder that Matt Bevin ever got elected in the first place. Kentucky is a very conservative place. But it's got a cancer of people who don't understand that the democratic party no longer represents them.

Like I said,...they think it's 1935.

Its that "my daddy voted democrat and his daddy voted democrat" attitude that still prevails.

Folks need to wake the f u ck up.
It's just a situation where the big urban centers vote left in Kentucky. The same situation exists all over the country. Kentucky is a small state,...4.6 million,,...and a million of those live in Lexington and Louisville.
It's just a situation where the big urban centers vote left in Kentucky. The same situation exists all over the country. Kentucky is a small state,...4.6 million,,...and a million of those live in Lexington and Louisville.

Much like Virginia, which turned full on Blue yesterday[even though all of my state and national reps are Republicans]
Looking like a move to greener red pastures is coming sooner than initially expected.
This kinda sucks...I am going to Kentucky this Friday to look for land...
Originally Posted by Raeford

Much like Virginia, which turned full on Blue yesterday[even though all of my state and national reps are Republicans]
Looking like a move to greener red pastures is coming sooner than initially expected.

Has the term “Right Flight” been coined yet? It is definitely happening.
Thy still haven't figured out that democrats are lairs and thieves. Look at california. Look at Colorado democrats are destroying the cities and the hunting.
Posted By: Steve Re: Matt Bevin Getting Whooped?! - 11/06/19

Looks like an Oregon election map if you turned it 90 degrees.

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EIp85vWUUAAvgNg?format=jpg[/img]

Yep. Those enclaves where the dynamic has been slow to develop are starting to see the same results as the rest of us.

I figure Oklahoma will be the last hold out. Just depends how long they can keep out “Texans” after they turn blue.
3rd party candidate cost the R's this election.

Again.
Damn Yankees!
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Again.

Anymore I think it’s the left funding these 3rd party candidates. They know from historical data, 3rd party candidates pull votes from the republican candidate.

Beshear's "plan" is to raise money through gambling,...which means that he doesn't have a plan.

Kentucky state run lottery games began back in 1989 when all state government level offices were held by Democrats and touted then as a big boon for state budgets, especially, "it's for the kids", education.

Donald Trump will have to earn every last vote he gets. Our biggest enemy is election fraud and socialism. Everyone wants something for nothing and the democrats have a history of cheating. This election is not over yet. It's a long ways from over.

kwg
Originally Posted by joken2

Kentucky state run lottery games began back in 1989 when all state government level offices were held by Democrats and touted then as a big boon for state budgets, especially, "it's for the kids", education.

from what i have been told ,but dont know how true .That lotto money they started getting in 1989 was not extra money to pay for the schools ,what ever they got off of the lotto to pay on schools ,they just reduced the same amount of tax dollors they were paying on the schools ,and using that tax money for other things than the school and kids ,so just wound up with same amout of money spent ,but coming out of different pocket ,so it was explained to me
Originally Posted by auk1124

Here in southwest Kentucky, I'll be willing to bet that 90% of the campaigning I saw and heard was for Bevin, which suggests that he knew he was in trouble. I didn't want to believe it, as I honestly thought he'd win by around 5 percentage points. Most of his ads were very negative towards Beshear, and focused mostly on two things.........illegal immigrants and abortion. I see it like this.........there just isn't really a problem here with illegals, at least in rural Kentucky, and let's just be honest.....most people don't care about abortion.

I think had Bevin focused more on what he has accomplished, and what he hoped to accomplish in a second term, it might have helped him......with the key word being "might." His aggressive businessman approach just didn't go over well in this state.
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Again.

Anymore I think it’s the left funding these 3rd party candidates. They know from historical data, 3rd party candidates pull votes from the republican candidate.

But Hillary said...........

Originally Posted by rem shooter
Originally Posted by joken2

from what i have been told ,but dont know how true .That lotto money they started getting in 1989 was not extra money to pay for the schools ,what ever they got off of the lotto to pay on schools ,they just reduced the same amount of tax dollors they were paying on the schools ,and using that tax money for other things than the school and kids ,so just wound up with same amout of money spent ,but coming out of different pocket ,so it was explained to me

I don't doubt it's true but I do remember very well that the education funding part was played up in a big way to the public. There wasn't a worldwide web back then for folks to do any in depth research as to breakdown of how much and where lottery revenues got distributed, either.

Now, 30 years later, the state lottery and scratch-off ticket sales have grown huge with scratch-off tickets priced at up to $20 each but the state's budget deficit continue to deepen even beyond.

Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin’s (R) reelection campaign is officially requesting a recanvas in Tuesday night’s gubernatorial election after polls showed him trailing Democrat Andy Beshear by less than .5 percent.

“The people of Kentucky deserve a fair and honest election. With reports of irregularities, we are exercising the right to ensure that every lawful vote was counted,” Bevin Campaign Manager Davis Paine said in a statement.

The statement comes after a nail-biter election in Kentucky in which Beshear edged out Bevin by roughly 5,000 votes with 99 percent of precincts reporting.
Let's not get too gloomy over KY right now. There is still the traditional FDR Democrat mentality deeply rooted in the coal states that don't take aversion to a moderate talking local Democrat. As pointed out, some of these states switch Parties in the gubenatorial chair regularly. Got ask "how strong a candidate was Bevins?" "How strong was his opponent and how did the Dems present him?"? Was this a campaign of "Bevins + bad but our guy that you don't know = Good?"

Was this an election where the voters of KY threw Bevins out, or did Bevins and the GOP get out campaigned and outspent?

Those are questions I'm looking to answer and will tell us more.
Let's not get too gloomy over KY right now. There is still the traditional FDR Democrat mentality deeply rooted in the coal states that don't take aversion to a moderate talking local Democrat. As pointed out, some of these states switch Parties in the gubenatorial chair regularly. Got ask "how strong a candidate was Bevins?" "How strong was his opponent and how did the Dems present him?"? Was this a campaign of "Bevins + bad but our guy that you don't know = Good?"

Was this an election where the voters of KY threw Bevins out, or did Bevins and the GOP get out campaigned and outspent?

Those are questions I'm looking to answer and will tell us more.

You've got to understand Kentucky politics. As I've mentioned,....there's people in Kentucky that's as conservative as anybody you care to mention. But they vote Democrat.

It's got a lot to do with Kentucky's political history over the past 130 years. Similar situations exist throughout the south,...and especially in Appalachia.

It's like this. Big money people did Appalachia very dirty over the years. Many people in Appalachia still associate the GOP with the big money people and think of the Democrats as the party of working class people.

That situation has been dead and buried for a few generations. But old habits die hard for some people.
You've got to understand Kentucky politics. As I've mentioned,....there's people in Kentucky that's as conservative as anybody you care to mention. But they vote Democrat.

It's got a lot to do with Kentucky's political history over the past 130 years. Similar situations exist throughout the south,...and especially in Appalachia.

It's like this. Big money people did Appalachia very dirty over the years. Many people in Appalachia still associate the GOP with the big money people and think of the Democrats as the party of working class people.

That situation has been dead and buried for a few generations. But old habits die hard for some people.

In my part of the state, southwestern, Republicans were as scarce as hens teeth up until the Reagan years. This area was for the South in the War Between the States, and associated Republicans with Yankees, Lincoln, and Reconstruction, despite the fact that Kentucky did not secede. Today, I know many people who are still registered as a Democrat, but are more conservative than anyone on here. They just don't want to see that "R" beside their name, because it reminds them how bad Republicans were once considered to be around here. Most of those people vote Republican, and proudly so, but they still don't want to advertise it.
My aggravatin' grandmother was one of them types.

"Dat durn't ole Reeegun try'd to jack wit my Sosa sakurady

Blah blah balh I work'd for american can co for 31 years and drove acrost that goddamm gulf to bay bridge over dat stinkin ass tampa bay every day clickety clack on them concrete seams, gettin up at 5:30am"

Wtf, god bless her

Reading what you said there tells a whole big story and should put people on alert.
"Don't know if this is part of "The Plan" or not but the circumstantial evidence is pretty telling."

If you wanted to reveal vote fraud organically you wouldn't just arrest a bunch of people.
You would want a race that was contested that had national visibility, in middle American in a seemingly benign state like Kentucky.
You would want that state isolated from most national politics but central in terms of national visibility like Kentucky.
You would want abnormal voting results like Republicans sweeping all races in the state by wide margins EXCEPT the Governors race like Kentucky.
You would want the margin to be tiny so no one could blame the incumbent from contesting it like Kentucky.
You would want the incumbent Attorney General to be part of the Governors race so he must recuse himself from any recount or legal challenges.
You would want the incumbent Secretary of State to be compromised like Allison Lundergran Grimes [her father Democrat operative Jerry Lunergran, who has had a strangle hold on Kentucky politics for 40 years, was just convicted of campaign finance violatations and conspiracy and faces 110 years in prison] . That way when she, a Democrat, investigates and finds irregularities it cant be questioned by MSM.
You would want a recount of paper ballots which will produce different results from the machine count.
You would want a national spotlight as the machines begin to be investigated.
We specified paper ballots when we voted yesterday (for Bevins, of course).

Beshear is, like his father, a useless turd who couldn't lead a horde of hungry college kids across the street for free beer and pizza.The Teachers sure spent a lot of money on ads for Beshear, though. .
@K22, IF that is the "plan" and the "plan" succeeds, cool beans... In my view, a group of "nominally" conservative Christians voted for their monetary values. Not their moral values. Teachers...

In our small Baptist church (average 80 to 100 on Sunday morning) at least 11 members work directly for the school district. And several of them took a "sick day" to go to Frankfort and protest earlier in the year. Unfortunately, in small rural counties where the school district is a major employer, crossing the teachers, even if you are hitting all of the other notes spot on, is a show stopper...

Hate getting Beshear even worse than I hate loosing Bevin.
Orion2000,
I hope the recount shows a different winner. If you loose Bevins as Gov. that would be a tremendous loss. I haven't lived in Ky. for 20 plus years but I try and keep up with things in that wonderful State.
Beshear

"Lets bring in Casinos"

Kentucky Horseracing - We will have you killed
© 24hourcampfire