Home
Posted By: Armednfree Finally done sorting - 11/07/19
I had 5 51oz Folgers plastic coffee cans full of 45 acp brass I had polished. A mixture of large and small primers, plus a look at case condition.

The drudgery, seemed liker it would never end. Now I have one can of small primer and 4 large. It's not just Blazer that had small primers, a good number of Federal had small primers. It's done, finally. They will all be reloaded but I will never, I mean never, take these to the range at the same time.
Posted By: hanco Re: Finally done sorting - 11/07/19
I don’t like sorting things either
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Finally done sorting - 11/07/19
All small primer 45acp goes in the scrap bucket here.
Posted By: Armednfree Re: Finally done sorting - 11/07/19
Originally Posted by 12344mag

I'm far too miserly to do that.
Posted By: DubThomas Re: Finally done sorting - 11/07/19
This is the exact reason I buy once fired and don't worry about picking them up. Such a PITA
Posted By: Armednfree Re: Finally done sorting - 11/08/19
Originally Posted by DubThomas
This is the exact reason I buy once fired and don't worry about picking them up. Such a PITA

Why bother reloading at all if you are going to throw away the most expensive part?

At my range we are required to police our brass.
Posted By: hanco Re: Finally done sorting - 11/08/19
I have a bunch I need to sort, can I send them to you?
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Finally done sorting - 11/08/19
Precisely why I don’t load for 9mm. Just buy cheap fmj blasting ammo.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Finally done sorting - 11/08/19
If you don't shoot that small primer schitt in the 1st place, then you don't have that problem........................just sayin'.

MM
Posted By: Crockettnj Re: Finally done sorting - 11/08/19
Now that it is sorted, trade off the small primer. make someone at the range a good deal and trade for their large primer brass.

PUt it to use, but dont use it.
Posted By: lightman Re: Finally done sorting - 11/08/19
I guess that I'm different, as I rather enjoy sorting stuff. Mostly wheel weight and brass. But I did sort a bunch of bolts and screws after I retired and organized my bolt bins. I usually save those kind of projects for late winter after hunting season is closed.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Finally done sorting - 11/08/19
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Same here.
Posted By: horse1 Re: Finally done sorting - 11/08/19
Friend's kid sorts brass on shares for me. He does primer pocket swedging on shares as well.

I let him decide how much it's worth and so far he hasn't been too greedy, nor has he shorted himself. His dad get's a big kick out of it as it's a good "learning how to haggle experience" for the young man. I'm pretty generous with his shares because:

#1. I REALLY don't want to do it.

#2. He's a great kid and we need all the new shooters we can get!

In the OP's situation, I'd give the kid the entire coffee can of small pocket brass. Kid would get a good number of brass and I wouldn't have the headache of having to sort them in the future. Win/Win.
© 24hourcampfire