Home
Posted By: Rock Chuck Laugh In - 11/10/19
I see the name came up yet again on another thread. I was in college when it started in the late 60's and it only took a half dozen episodes before it became a collegiate Must See. There was no cramming for an exam that could be worth missing the show.

They were masters of the one liner. For that matter, they could get peals of laughter with only 1 word. One time Jo Ann Worley did a segment with 1 word and lasting only 2 seconds that was hilarious. She held 2 milk jugs at chest height and simply said 'jugs'.
One of their all time funniest was Jack Benny. You might remember that on his show, he screwed around with his violin but never played more than 2 notes. He was actually a very accomplished violinist and had played in Carnagie Hall but he never played on his show. On Laugh In one time, he started like his usual goofing around but then played a piece dead serious. It was so out of character for him that it was hilarious.
Then there was Go Go Goldie Hawn who needs no explanation.

What do you best remember?

BTW - Amazon Prime has all 6 seasons online to watch.
Posted By: JeffA Re: Laugh In - 11/10/19
Posted By: hanco Re: Laugh In - 11/10/19
I loved laugh in!
Posted By: BluMtn Re: Laugh In - 11/10/19
Even my parents laughed at that show. I was in highschool when that was on. Going to college noontime during the week was the Gong show, who remembers that one.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Laugh In - 11/10/19
I didn't see it but one time on Gong, 2 girls came out wearing microscope bikinis and carrying Popsicles. All they did was eat the popsicles but a very seductive manner. They got gonged in a hurry.
Posted By: aalf Re: Laugh In - 11/10/19
Laugh-In and Hee Haw were staples in the house......
Posted By: 700LH Re: Laugh In - 11/10/19
Goldie
Originally Posted by 700LH
Goldie

There was a guy in my fraternity who was from Silver Spring, MD, where Goldie was from. He checked her out and found that she'd lived only blocks from him and went to the same high school but he'd never met her. All he could do was cry.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Laugh In - 11/10/19
Laugh In was hilarious. We watched it every week. “Say goodbye Dick, goodbye Dick.”
Posted By: benchman Re: Laugh In - 11/10/19
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Goldie

There was a guy in my fraternity who was from Silver Spring, MD, where Goldie was from. He checked her out and found that she'd lived only blocks from him and went to the same high school but he'd never met her. All he could do was cry.

I thought she was a Laurel girl!!! Silver Spring was the upscale place. She's the one I remember most. I know shes old now, but she's always about 22, in my head. Still captivating.
Originally Posted by benchman
Goldie

I thought she was a Laurel girl!!! Silver Spring was the upscale place. She's the one I remember most. I know shes old now, but she's always about 22, in my head. Still captivating.

from wikipedia:
She was raised in Takoma Park, Maryland, and attended Montgomery Blair High School in nearby Silver Spring, Maryland.

I don't know how the towns there are laid out but my friend said she lived only a few blocks away.
Posted By: DMc Re: Laugh In - 11/10/19
I'd still paint her body!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Laugh In - 11/10/19
Goldie was a cutie, but no comparison to her daughter Kate Hudson. Oh my!
Posted By: prplbkrr Re: Laugh In - 11/10/19
Sammy Davis jr. doing "Here come the Judge, here come the Judge!!"
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Laugh In - 11/10/19
I love Artie Johnson riding his tricycle!!
Posted By: Folically_Challenged Re: Laugh In - 11/10/19
Every now & again, I try to tell the 6 year old kids I teach, about Jo Ann Worley. I don't think it connects.

FC
Posted By: Dess Re: Laugh In - 11/10/19
Verrrrry Interesting!
Posted By: funshooter Re: Laugh In - 11/10/19
ONE RINGY DINGY TWO RINGY DINGY SNORT SNORT
there were a thousand of great ones.
I still watch the reruns when I see they are on
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Laugh In - 11/10/19
A lot of programming we swore was hilarious, won't be so when you watch it decades later, even MASH doesn't hold up all that well.
One exception would have to be All In The Family and old Johnny Carsons.

You ever watch some of the old celebrity roasts these days? We swore they were edgy and hilarious, not even old clips of Don Rickles humor me anymore/
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Laugh In - 11/10/19
Where are the reruns??????
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Laugh In - 11/11/19
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Where are the reruns??????
If you have Amazon Prime, you can watch all 6 seasons.
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: Laugh In - 11/11/19
Then there was the redneck "Laugh-In"- - - - - Hee-Haw!
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Laugh In - 11/11/19
Did JoAnn play the telephone operator?
Whoever did was hilarious!
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Laugh In - 11/11/19
That was Lilly Tomlin.

Then there was Dick Nixon who popped out and said "Sock it to me?".
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Laugh In - 11/11/19
Lili Tomlin

There is a recently produced Laugh-in revisited on Netflix featuring many of the surviving cast members and with some vintage footage from the original show. It is pretty funny.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Laugh In - 11/11/19
Movies are full of blondes but there was only one Goldie
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Laugh In - 11/11/19
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
That was Lilly Tomlin.

Then there was Dick Nixon who popped out and said "Sock it to me?".

I had forgotten that episode! smile
Posted By: funshooter Re: Laugh In - 11/11/19
the Decades Channel has the reruns on at times
Posted By: funshooter Re: Laugh In - 11/11/19
Lilly Tomlin as the little girl siting in the very large rocking chair was also one of my favorites.
I have not seen that one for a very long time
Goldie is and has always been easy on the eyes and her giggle go's right threw ya.
Love that show.
To many things to list all of them.
Posted By: hanco Re: Laugh In - 11/11/19
Goldie was the best thing on that show!
Posted By: Redneck Re: Laugh In - 11/11/19
Best show on TV at the time... When Dan would try to explain to Dick how to get to a certain place, and Dick would always reply with "you lost me at the bakery" - and of course Dan never mentioned any bakery... I'd LMAO... To this day, I have used that line a few times - and naturally they always look at me like I just landed in a flying saucer.. Gettin' old.. laugh
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Laugh In - 11/11/19
Goldie Hawn was the Gold standard for attractiveness.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Laugh In - 11/11/19
Classic Laugh In Goldie....

Posted By: Whelenman Re: Laugh In - 11/12/19
Originally Posted by funshooter
Lilly Tomlin as the little girl siting in the very large rocking chair was also one of my favorites.
I have not seen that one for a very long time
Goldie is and has always been easy on the eyes and her giggle go's right threw ya.
Love that show.
To many things to list all of them.

I remember the one where she said

“ if you smoke marijuana you can get thought 4years of college in 3 weeks!

“And that’s the truth “
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Laugh In - 11/12/19
Watching it right now. On the Decades channel of regular TV.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Laugh In - 11/12/19
Here you go!

Posted By: kid0917 Re: Laugh In - 11/12/19
I remember one from Laugh-in: "It may be rice wine to you.... but it's sake to me!!!" then the splash!
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Laugh In - 11/12/19
Anybody remember Tiny Tim, the 'tiptoe through the tulips singer' with the long hair, buck teeth, ukulele, and 150% freaky? They had him on there a number of times. He was freaky beyond being funny.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Posted By: JMR40 Re: Laugh In - 11/12/19
I loved the show. Dad just shook his head and never understood the humor. But he'd never miss Hee Haw
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Laugh In - 11/12/19
Anybody remember Tiny Tim, the 'tiptoe through the tulips singer' with the long hair, buck teeth, ukulele, and 150% freaky? They had him on there a number of times. He was freaky beyond being funny.

His wedding on the Tonight Show was exceptionally bizarre.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Laugh In - 11/12/19
If you have a couple of hours to spare, look up the full cast that appeared on the show - it's a who's who of show business.
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Laugh In - 11/12/19
Look that up in your Funk and Wagnalls.
Goldie didn't come in until fairly late in the series, after a number of the originals were gone.

That show would draw people way out of their normal roles. Remember Rabbit Cogburn?

[Linked Image from images.ctfassets.net]
Posted By: 700LH Re: Laugh In - 11/12/19
Goldie began in season 1 in 1968 until 1970.
laugh-In ran until 73
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062601/
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Laugh In - 11/12/19
About to head to bed and then......

Coulda done without that.

Like a freaky clown doll you know is in that closet!
Posted By: longarm Re: Laugh In - 11/12/19
From....

Posted By: longarm Re: Laugh In - 11/12/19
To.....

Goldie began in season 1 in 1968 until 1970.
laugh-In ran until 73
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062601/

It started in '67.
Originally Posted by longarm
To.....

You don't want to see MY then and now pics. The clock never stops.
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Laugh In - 11/12/19
We always watched it. My wife's parents wouldn't let her and her sisters watch it. It was too Groovy for them.
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: Laugh In - 11/12/19
To.....

Man, that is harsh. You think she did her share of drugs and alcohol back then?
Posted By: Jim_Knight Re: Laugh In - 11/12/19
Judy Carne was another go-go dancer...not that I paid attention to the dancers....it was the "jokes", you see? Lily tomlin's little girl was "Edith Ann".
Posted By: DMc Re: Laugh In - 11/12/19
To.....

OUCH! She's starting to look like Kurt Russell..

Posted By: shaman Re: Laugh In - 11/12/19

I can remember watching the Farkel family before I ever got a clue why all the kids looked like Ferd Berfel.

Did you ever wonder who Morgul was? Gary Owen always used to introduce " . . . and Morgul as the Friendly Drelb."

There really was a Morgul and he really did appear as the Friendly Drelb-- at least in the pilot. They wanted an abominable snowman, and the only guy they could find with a Yeti suit was this foreign guy named Morgul. He appeared in the pilot, running around in his goofy suit. The script called him "The Friendly Drelb." That's where Gary got the schtick.
I read somewhere that after several seasons, Artie Johnson was sort of invited to leave. His head got too big and he demanded that he get equal billing with Rowan and Martin. it didn't set too well with the producers.
© 24hourcampfire