Home
My dad had a stroke last Tuesday. He has not regained consciousness yet. Prognosis is not looking good. Dad would turn 80 next February.He has been a hunter his whole life and loves to go to the rifle range and shoot his rifles. If and when he wakes up, he has a long tough road ahead
Oh damn.

Wishing you and yours the best and comfort for your pops.
Stay strong,best of luck with this and to your father.
Done!
Good luck to him....whatever outcome.
I’m with you in prayer.
Done!
you have my best
Will do, my dad fell last week broke a vertebrae in his lower back, he is 96 still in hospital with pain and blood in urine, sure hope your dad can pull through.
On the way. Hang in there.
Still more prayers flowing to your Dad.

FC

Our Thoughts and Prayers go out for the both of you! memtb
Prayers for your Dad
Prayers for your father.
Prayers sent man very sorry to hear of the rough spot keep us updated.
Fifteen years ago my dad had a bad one, too. My heart goes out to you as do our prayers.
Of course, may our Lord be with you both.
Prayers sent for your dad and all of yall. My pop had 2 with in 7 months and when we got in rehab they ask what he wanted to do,and he wrote down talk and walk out of there. It was a long 4 months but it happend he talks slower and when he is up it most times with a cain. With lots of mods to some shooting houses he is ready to go again this year.
lifted.
Thoughts and prayers from here, for your father and for you.
Prayers sent for both you and Dad!
Done
Done. Best of luck to you all.
Prayers for peace for your family and recovery for your dad.
Thoughts and prayers from Iowa. Talk to him, even when he doesn't seem to hear.
May the the Good Lord Bless your Father and keep him. May he Bless the Doctors, Nurses, and Technicians that will be Gods' instruments in the healing of your Father. May he also Bless you and your Family as you take this journey with your Dad.

May peace be with you all.

Lynn
Done
Prayers sent.
Prayers here.
Prayers sent from N.C.
Prayers sent for you and your dad.
Prayers sent.
Certainly.
Prayer sent.
Praying for your father, and the rest of the family, as well!
Praying for your dad, praying for you. God bless.
Prayers sent for your Dad and the family.
very sorry to hear this, Prayers for your Pa.
Prayers for you all.
Prayers sent. Hope everything turns out okay.
Got you in my list, hope it works out!
Your Dad, you and your family has my prayers.
My Mom had a stroke many years ago, I read Psalms to her and she came around. It may not help in your Dad's circumstances, but it can't hurt. If you do, I'd recommend starting with the first and go in order. I didn't even realize it as I read, but Mom was in the same place with no way out that David was, but the end of each one confirmed David's faith the Lord would get him out of that bad place.
Prayers from va
Prayers sent.
More prayers sent .
Heartfelt prayers sent from Minnesota.
Originally Posted by 338rcm
My dad had a stroke last Tuesday. He has not regained consciousness yet. Prognosis is not looking good. Dad would turn 80 next February.He has been a hunter his whole life and loves to go to the rifle range and shoot his rifles. If and when he wakes up, he has a long tough road ahead

Both prayers for your dad, and condolences for your family....
God's blessings for you, all. Amen.
Originally Posted by RickyD
Your Dad, you and your family has my prayers.
My Mom had a stroke many years ago, I read Psalms to her and she came around. It may not help in your Dad's circumstances, but it can't hurt. If you do, I'd recommend starting with the first and go in order. I didn't even realize it as I read, but Mom was in the same place with no way out that David was, but the end of each one confirmed David's faith the Lord would get him out of that bad place.

338rcm- so sorry, I am praying for you guys and wishing for the best.

Ricky- My folks are in their 80's and both having some serious issues. A little focus on something to do in times like this when you feel so helpless can be comforting- so thanks for a good reminder for me.
Thanks for all the prayers!

Still no good news. He still hasn't woke up. They are removing the breathing tube and doing a tracheostomy plus a feeding tube in his stomach
Very sorry to read this. I am hoping for the best. God's Peace to all.

Sorry to hear about Dad. If there is anything tougher than seeing a parent in his situation I don’t know what it is. Prayers sent.
Prayers sent, My Dad and Mom are in their 80's too. Strength to you and healing grace for your Dad.
Prayers sent!
Prayers on the way.
Prayers are on their way for your family.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Done!

Yep, done.
Prayers from Maine!
Sent.
Prayers from here - know what you're going through - it's UGLY !

Dad's 91, had 3 major strokes. The second put him in a wheelchair, and a nursing home. Third got quite a bit of his speech.
Encourage your Dad to do all the therapy they can give him, and even more - it helps, greatly.

Again, prayers from here - hang in there - both of you.
Praying
Tracheostomy and feeding tube were done this morning.Being transported to Denver early next week. Sounds like at least a year of rehab
Originally Posted by 338rcm
Tracheostomy and feeding tube were done this morning.Being transported to Denver early next week. Sounds like at least a year of rehab

More prayers on the way.
Went thru a similar experience with my dad while he was living it’s a tough situation! Prayers for you and your dad!
done
© 24hourcampfire