Home
Posted By: Hectortwsp home demolition & removal - 11/11/19
I am looking at a rural property in northern Pa with an old log rancher on it no basement easy access from paved road...any idea what I should pay to have home demolished and removed?
Posted By: slumlord Re: home demolition & removal - 11/11/19
Burn it
Can't, nor Jewish lightening either. Tried to give it to local fire company for practice they do not want it .
Posted By: hanco Re: home demolition & removal - 11/11/19
Should not be that much, it won’t take a day.
demolition 800 bucks
dump truck 6 loads 600 bucks
dump fee 125 ton 2500 bucks

4 grand should cover it.
Posted By: RufusG Re: home demolition & removal - 11/11/19
If the wood itself is valuable based on the species or type of fabrication someone may pay you to let them tear it down and haul it off. That was a cottage industry in WV when we had a place there back in the day.
Originally Posted by RufusG
If the wood itself is valuable based on the species or type of fabrication someone may pay you to let them tear it down and haul it off. That was a cottage industry in WV when we had a place there back in the day.
Be sure there's insurance to cover accidents or you could end up getting rid of a lot of spare cash along with the building.
Posted By: baltz526 Re: home demolition & removal - 11/11/19
National Asbestos and lead paint rules apply. County's require Demo permit in most areas. You are reducing the tax base so expect some hurdles. Plot plan of lot with location of demo project and future building plan foot prints etc is required for permits in most places.
Thank you guys for the advise, etc., I budgeted $4000 to have it done anymore than that and I will put the money into fixing it up. The structure is mostly sound as it was lived in until 4 years ago but has set vacant since then. Things such as decks some fascia boards some minor roof issues ...just a crap load of little things need to done to make it into a hunting camp, heII the camp I have used for the last 10 years has been nearly this rough all along.
My original intent was to remove the house level a stone pad and park a 38' camper with slideouts there hooking up to the existing septic and water eliminating the house tax and just pay the land (3 1/2 acre) tax but like I said earlier I may put the $ into renovations if removal gets pricey.
Thanks again...keep ideas comming!
Posted By: Ejp1234 Re: home demolition & removal - 11/11/19
Why not do it yourself? Rent a backhoe with a thumb, maybe a cool dozer and push it over... line up the trucks to transport it...

You just need to make sure you have the proper entitlements, and verifying utilities are off.

Im all excited at the thought of playing with the “cool tools”...
Make it look like squatters had moved in and burned it down. Pull out any copper wiring or plumbing first to make it look extra realistic. Don't sell it locally, though, unless you have a really good disguise.
Nix to the "Jewish Lightning." I like that slang expression it always cracks me up to hear it.
Posted By: Reba Re: home demolition & removal - 11/11/19
If it has a sound foundation have it exterminated, put on a new roof and remodel as you go.
Posted By: jnyork Re: home demolition & removal - 11/11/19
So, how much rejuvenation can you do for $4,000, might be better off just fixing what needs to be fixed.
© 24hourcampfire