Home
Posted By: 5sdad Estranged Family Members - 11/11/19

If you have family members who aren't speaking to each other and want to get them talking again, send out Christmas Cards with your family picture that includes some random kid that none of them have ever seen before.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Estranged Family Members - 11/11/19
The one's I don't talk to anymore are dead.
Originally Posted by slumlord
The one's I don't talk to anymore are dead.

Not smart to admit it......
Unless I'm on a xanax and captain morgan bender
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Estranged Family Members - 11/11/19
Lol, that'll do it!
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Estranged Family Members - 11/11/19
Almost all my family is ded as Julius Caesar!

Very ded!
Posted By: JOG Re: Estranged Family Members - 11/11/19
My card from Roy Clark is late - I hope everything is okay.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Estranged Family Members - 11/11/19
Originally Posted by JOG
My card from Roy Clark is late - I hope everything is okay.

So is mine from Dick Clark!

(Heh, heh, heh, he said dick).
Originally Posted by 5sdad

If you have family members who aren't speaking to each other and want to get them talking again, send out Christmas Cards with your family picture that includes some random kid that none of them have ever seen before.

You assume I know their address. grin
Posted By: hanco Re: Estranged Family Members - 11/11/19
Got a brother and sister that I’ve lost contact with. I have no clue where they are.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Estranged Family Members - 11/11/19
Originally Posted by 5sdad

don't know their address or know where they live..........Texas somewhere.......
Alcoholic brother who's a homeless bum. Last I heard he was in downtown San Antonio. Other brother is a head case and trying to sue the Marine Corp for making him carry a heavy pack and causing his back problems. We were never close so cutting ties with them years ago was easy. Don't miss any of them.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Estranged Family Members - 11/11/19
I have some strange family members, very strange.

Oh, you said "estranged".

Like the gal on the TV said......................."Nevermind"

Geno

PS "estrange"? is that anything like my Latino friends who have some very "estupid" relatives?
I have four half brothers and sisters on my father’s side I’ve never met, hell I only saw him twice! Those of you that had fathers were lucky!
Originally Posted by hanco
I have four half brothers and sisters on my father’s side I’ve never met, hell I only saw him twice! Those of you that had fathers were lucky!

Lucky? Well, mostly as we had food, clothing, and shelter............

we didn't consider ourselves lucky when the belt came off though.

Geno
Posted By: Morewood Re: Estranged Family Members - 11/11/19
Captain Morgan is a chick drink.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Lucky? Well, mostly as we had food, clothing, and shelter............

we didn't consider ourselves lucky when the belt came off though.

Geno

A belt would have been nice, we got broke jaws, broken arms, dislocated shoulders, trips to doctor for stitches. Fun times with stepdad
Sorry to hear that.

Coming from stock that originated in a certain Southern Mediterranean island, maybe our old man figured he better not go to those extremes or he might wake up with a dead fish in bed.

Geno
Posted By: Dess Re: Estranged Family Members - 11/11/19
Have family who only showed up to mom's funeral to see how much inheritance they felt they were owed.

No kids of my own, but my niece will get twenty seven cents when I go...my two cents for a two-bit $%&$.
Originally Posted by Morewood
Captain Morgan is a chick drink.

And juniper is sissy firewood

A belt would have been nice, we got broke jaws, broken arms, dislocated shoulders, trips to doctor for stitches. Fun times with stepdad

BTDT.

But he wasn't my step father. He was the real one.

"Step" ain't got nothin' to do with it. They are either a stand up guy, or a POS, all on their own.

Many stepdad's are much better than the real ones.
Posted By: hanco Re: Estranged Family Members - 11/12/19
I guess real dads can be sorry MF’s too
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Estranged Family Members - 11/12/19
I've see both real dads and step dads that were sorry MF's. I was lucky in that I was never affected by that. But some folks are just scumbags no matter what role they have in life. Never personally had a relative that I knew on either side of my family that was estranged. Had a great uncle who was my grandmothers older brother that went down the wrong path and became a wino. Family hadn't seen or heard from him in years. When I was 8 years old he passed out in an alley one night and never woke up. My grandmothers family got him a cheap plot with a small stone and buried him. I never even knew of his existence until I was in my late 30's. Even then some older relatives wouldn't say much about him.
Posted By: Jericho Re: Estranged Family Members - 11/12/19
I have relatives that only acknowledge any of the rest of us when they need something. Other than that they will ignore you in public
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Estranged Family Members - 11/12/19
If my father would have hurt anyone in my family, he would have gone to sleep and never woken up. That's the upside of being a psychopath, you know exactly what you are capable of.
Posted By: Hastings Re: Estranged Family Members - 11/12/19
I am all for rehabilitating family relationships if the problem is a disagreement over the splitting of an inheritance or who mom loved best, but an adult that cruelly abused a child either physically or mentally and won't ask forgiveness can stay missing in action.
Posted By: rong Re: Estranged Family Members - 11/12/19
Cheaper at Christmas
Posted By: readonly Re: Estranged Family Members - 11/12/19
One of my wife's brothers tried to kick her in the belly when she was pregnant with our youngest son. And that's the only one of her 4 siblings she still has contact with (he has disabilities and she manages his stuff). I never knew how effed up a family could be until I married into my wife's. All except the one brother are doctors, and my wife is the only sane one. As soon as the parents died, all semblance of civility vanished. I let her know it was OK to cut them loose.
Posted By: hanco Re: Estranged Family Members - 11/12/19
Originally Posted by rong
Cheaper at Christmas

That is a fact
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Estranged Family Members - 11/12/19
damnit, I hate to hear about bad parents. my condolences to anyone who had to go through that. mine weren't perfect, (better than I deserved) but they did the best they could and we always knew they loved us.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Estranged Family Members - 11/12/19
I have a first cousin i was raised around. In hindsight he was after my stepson's wife before said stepson passed from breast cancer. Within a couple of months he was shacking up with said daughter in law.
haven't talked to them in over ten years, or stepson's kids. My wife didnt' know for years what they did with her son's remains.
If i am lucky, i will never see them again.
© 24hourcampfire