Home
Tom Selleck nabbed nearly half a million dollars in a quiet gun sale to the National Rifle Association last year that wasn’t blessed by the nonprofit’s board beforehand, according to a new report.

The “Magnum, P.I.” and “Blue Bloods” star was paid $476,000 for 17 “collectible firearms” sold to the NRA in 2018 while he was still a director of the gun lobby, the Wall Street Journal revealed Tuesday.

Advertisement
Play Video
The guns were “acquired for resale or other use in NRA fund-raising efforts,” board meeting minutes obtained by the newspaper said.

While the deal should have been pre-approved according to regulatory guidelines, the minutes show the transaction had to be retroactively authorized by the board’s audit committee about a year later, in April 2019, The Journal reported.

Selleck, 74, was an unpaid member of the NRA board at the time of the sale but resigned a short time later, in September 2018, citing his work schedule.

[More Snyde] Olympic skier Bode Miller and wife Morgan Beck welcome identical twin boys, a year after losing daughter in pool drowning accident »
Reps for the actor did not immediately respond to requests for comment from the Daily News Tuesday.

“It was Mr. Selleck’s understanding that, upon acquisition of the firearms, the NRA would auction them off as a fund-raiser for the organization,” his lawyer told The Wall Street Journal.

“Mr. Selleck does not believe he made any profit from the sale of the collectibles,” the lawyer said. “If he did, it was negligible.”

The arrangement was “properly documented, and as far as Mr. Selleck was aware, approved by the board,” the lawyer said.

[

The guns were “acquired for resale or other use in NRA fund-raising efforts,”

The nerve! grin
Paying an average of $28,000 per gun with the intent to auction them off in the hope you make money is irresponsible. It sounds more like hush money to me. "If you don't use your celebrity status to criticize the Wayne LaPierre, we'll slip you a wheelbarrow of cash."
we'll slip you a wheelbarrow of cash."

That's what they did with trump, and he still chit on em grin
How many did WLP end up with?.
What does skier Bode Miller have to do with this? I can't make the connection.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Paying an average of $28,000 per gun with the intent to auction them off in the hope you make money is irresponsible. It sounds more like hush money to me. "If you don't use your celebrity status to criticize the Wayne LaPierre, we'll slip you a wheelbarrow of cash."

That kind of money does make a fellow wonder if maybe there ain’t something wrong. I’ve always liked and respected Tom Selleck, but man, this sounds like the Russians donating a bunch of money to the Clinton Foundation while HiLIARy oks uranium sales as Secretary of State. I’d be less surprised if he’d have donated them to the NRA.
7mm
Originally Posted by slumlord

Probably an add for another article imbedded in the original cut and past.

Teaser line for another article link he didn't edit out.
I can think of several guns that go for more then $28 K new.I looked at .410 SxS in London several years ago that Purdy Brothers had marked $32.I imagine the rifle used in Quigly Down Under topped that as a collectible.
Another reason I never send those folks a check.
I got near twice that many that I'd sell for half that. Bunch'a loons in charge up there.
When was the last time anyone got full payback for a custom or collector gun? This was dumb, I'll be AMAZED if NRA breaks even.
It's been long enough, what did those guns sell for?
Originally Posted by 700LH

Probably traded them for a new suit for Wayne. frown
maybe they traded them for reverse mortgages
Whats all the fuss about?...NRA is just looking after gun owners,

well at least the rich famous highly privileged ivory tower ones on the NRA board.. wink

dude actually looked better with beard ..

Attached picture 61xOFTjPuML._SY606_.jpg
Attached picture images.jpg
Attached picture images.jpg
Originally Posted by Starman

well at least the rich famous highly privileged ivory tower ones on the NRA board.. wink

You can quit gushing now..

Tom ain't gay.

Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Tom ain't gay.

translation: you hit on him and he rejected you.

I believe I recall Campfire member, Jed 1899, posting down in the Savage sub forum several years back that he had had some gun dealings with Tom Selleck and I think I remember him saying that he sold Selleck one or more very rare, quite high dollar model Savages.
According to this link Tom Selleck is worth 45 million, I wonder if donating the guns was ever considered by either party?

The NRA needs a good house cleaning starting at the top.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertai...-makes-per-episode-for-blue-bloods.html/
I had a Ruger American I'd have let go for $25K to any forum member here....

(that's sarcasm for the unknowing... or a liberal who can't figure that out)
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Starman

You can quit gushing now..

Tom ain't gay.

Hahahaha.
Originally Posted by 700LH

I’ll bet Wayne has them safely in his safe.

Copy Pasta.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Another reason I never send those folks a check.

This. I have in the past. no longer.
So, you guys are (once again) ready, willing, and eager to condemn someone without knowing any facts. I'm not saying that nothing wrong occurred, because of the fact that I simply don't KNOW. Do any of you have any idea what guns were involved? I very seriously doubt that he sold the NRA 17 Remington 770's for $476,000...........
No, that isn't it, HH. I'm just flipping tired of mismanagement by the NRA. Nothing would surprise me anymore.

If they want one red cent from us, they'll start by sh t canning WP.
You can check out the Tom Selleck Gun Collection online at the NRA Museum website. And judge for yourself if the collection was worth $476,00.

good idea What do you'll think?

http://www.nramuseum.org/guns/the-g...ent/case-55-the-guns-of-tom-selleck.aspx
Originally Posted by gahuntertom

Where does it say that those are the guns acquired in the purchase?
I remember years ago a friend of mine grew a huge mustache.

I asked how his wife liked it.

He said, "I know she closes her eyes and thinks of Burt Reynolds or Tom Selleck, but I KNOW who I am!"

Still makes me laugh thinking about it.
It's like anything else. You can't put a price on something a famous person owned. A lot of those guns shown look to be in pristine condition and would certainly go for quite a lot at auction to a collector on their own merit. Add to that they came from Tom Selleck and they have added value. Also we have no way of knowing the actual sale firearms for sure. There could have been more.

Actually $476K wouldn't pay for breakfast for Michelle's entourage on one of her many junkets around the world during the reign of her husband.
No problem wit Tom Selleck, but crap like that is why I quit the NRA. They long ago forgot what their purpose was.
Originally Posted by gahuntertom

There is only 11 there. I looked around a bit and couldn't find any more.

I don't know the going price for those rare beauties but would guess those 11 could be pushing $100K.
He was doing the NRA a solid, selling them so cheap!
© 24hourcampfire