Home
Longbranch?

It was priced in between Russell’s and Rare Breed, and I almost gave it a whirl today.

Any reports?

FC
de lish.
Was in the liquor store today and didn't see it. Will look for it
Did pick up another bottle of George Dickel 12 year old. Awesome stuff for $21 a bottle.
Being a WT fan I'll definitely give it a try if I run across some.

Thanks for the heads up.
Thanks Joe and Joel. With this Intell I'll be able to miss the target on the cold bore shoot out by a wider margin. Cool beans. Can't wait for March. grin
Originally Posted by JLimbo
Thanks Joe and Joel. With this Intell I'll be able to miss the target on the cold bore shoot out by a wider margin. Cool beans. Can't wait for March. grin

I’ll do the recon on it before the hunt, and see if it’s worthy of making the trip. Such as it is, the bottle of Russell‘s that I took this past March remained unopened on the bar. I sent it home with EdM for another year of aging.

Perhaps ours is just not a Wild Turkey kind of group.

FC
I’ll try it, I like good whiskey
I use to drink a lot of Wild Turkey in my younger days. May have to try it, kind of gotten away from Bourbons and Whiskeys lately. Been on a Tequila rage the last 4 or 5 years. And as far as McConaughey's influence, I prefer Jim Beam's Mila Kunis influence.

Attached picture MILA.jpg
Originally Posted by BluMtn
And as far as McConaughey's influence, I prefer Jim Beam's Mila Kunis influence.

You present an awfully compelling case, Sir. (Hubba!)^2

I'd only seen the Longbranch bottle on the shelf, and didn't realize they hired a Hollywood type to pimp the product. That's almost always a deal-kiler for me, but then I remembered that I really liked the Statesman bourbon from Old Forester, and that was done as a tie-in to a fairly crappy movie.

And now that I think about it, Russel's & Rare Breed are the only WT products I even remotely care for. Regular WT and 101 don't ever find their way into the house. I'm sure that's far from the only reason I'm a weirdo.

And if you can arrange a taste test where Madam Kunis & Mr. Mcconaughey do the pouring, I'll be there.

FC
FC, the local store has some of the Old Forester Statesman on the shelf for around $45. Tell me about it, I might just have to give it a whirl.
I’m gonna have some Jack influence tonight when I see Sammy Kershaw
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer
FC, the local store has some of the Old Forester Statesman on the shelf for around $45. Tell me about it, I might just have to give it a whirl.

I felt that it had some really interesting things going on when I worked it over with my nose, and was quite smooth in the finish. If memory serves, it was a good deal smoother than the proof number on the bottle. I guess you could say it packed a little bit of a wallop I wasn’t expecting, in a very good way. I believe it really was a quality offering, and I’m fairly sure I gave even more money for it than what you are reporting.

What say you buy it, and if you don’t like it, I’ll come over and take the rest off your hands? I’m all about being helpful, you know…

FC
Tasted a nice one yesterday at the Nashville Craft Distillery. A bottle is coming home. Heading to Jack Daniel's in thirty minutes.
© 24hourcampfire