Home
‘Tis the season.

Just passing this along for anyone looking to pack on the pounds.

Man, I wish they sold it during bicycle trip season, it’d be even better than whole milk chocolate milk.

Got home late, too late to cook, drank a pint last night as a meal substitute crazy
Posted By: Dess Re: Egg Nog; 800 calories a pint. - 11/19/19
Does this include the rum?
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Man, I wish they sold it during bicycle trip season, it’d be even better than whole milk chocolate milk.

Got home late, too late to cook, drank a pint last night as a meal substitute crazy

Mike, you can buy it now and freeze it...just as good thawed out.

Don't ask me how I know...
My mom's homemade would be at least double that in calories.
Then the Wild Turkey added....holy moley!
Posted By: EdM Re: Egg Nog; 800 calories a pint. - 11/19/19
I’m safe. Never cared for the stuff.
She'd been drinkin' too much egg nog
And we'd begged her not to go
But she'd forgot her medication
So she stumbled out the door into the snow.........
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
‘Tis the season.

Just passing this along for anyone looking to pack on the pounds.

I agree!

I'd drink it year round.

I assume you have tried the HEB brand? Best I've found. Ever...

I do have to moderate myself though. Can't drink a half gallon a day like I could years ago.
Posted By: TimZ Re: Egg Nog; 800 calories a pint. - 11/19/19
HEB Light eggnog with an ounce or two of Havana Club rum...…..best sleep inducer I have found.....
That's why I just walk on past it in the store. Plenty of other stuff to help me stay fat without that.
Heck, Birdie, a regular cheeseburger has that many calories. Make it it a bacon double and you're talking 1200 cals or more. That's before the fries and Coke.

Restaurants are now putting calorie numbers on their menus. It's scary. At Black Bear Diner, a full order of biscuits and gravy, eggs, sausage, and hashbrowns tops 1700! For one meal.
Oberweis Egg Nog Link
Nothing wrong with a burger Rocky, but they aren't cool and creamy and you can't drink them.
Works both ways, John. Egg Nog has only one flavor, no texture, and you can't chew it.

But the point I made was about calorie count. A pint of nog having 800 isn't all that surprising. Nor all that calorie intensive, compared to other things. In my stash of MRE stuff, I have some Transfat-Free Brownies that are only three ounces but boast of 370 calories, for example.

Per online charts of calories burned / type of activity, a person weighing 155-160 pounds bicycling with no extra load, at speeds between 12 and 16 MPH would burn close to 800 calories in one hour of continuous pedaling.
joken2- thanks for that, it is a good gauge.

Like egg nog so-so but can and do avoid it. Wanting to start a cold weather tradition and being a fan of classic English Lit. I decided I on hot buttered rum for one of those things to sip while warming your toes by the fire. Dark rum, brown sugar, butter and maybe a pinch of anise. Friends\guest seem to like it. Wondering how many push ups that has to cost me?
Originally Posted by EdM

Hell, I've never tried it!
Originally Posted by joken2

Per online charts of calories burned / type of activity, a person weighing 155-160 pounds bicycling with no extra load, at speeds between 12 and 16 MPH would burn close to 800 calories in one hour of continuous pedaling.

Gotta wonder how many calories a 365 lb lard-ass peddling a 3 wheeler with a 350 lb tool box burns
Almond milk is better. And you use rum as well.

If maximum calories in a pint of a usually readily available year-round commercial liquid is the goal, a pint of heavy cream typically averages in the neighborhood of twice the 800 calories as store bought egg nog.

Originally Posted by poboy
My mom's homemade would be at least double that in calories.
Then the Wild Turkey added....holy moley!

Ya, but was that egg nog full of high fructose corn syrup? 😎

I think not.
I'm not terribly impressed with eggnog- - - - -but boiled custard- - - -that's a whole other subject. Love the stuff! To kick a plate of scrambled eggs up a notch, try putting 3 jumbo eggs in a blender with 1/4 cup of heavy cream and a little coarse-ground salt and pepper. Soft-scramble, and chow down with a side of thick-sliced bacon and some sourdough toast.
Jerry
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by EdM

Hell, I've never tried it!

Equal parts Wild Turkey and store bought eggnog is heavenly stuff. Beam will do in a pinch, but being a fellow appreciator of WT, figured I'd give you the ol heads up.
I had a couple of glasses tonight. Uff dah.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I'm not terribly impressed with eggnog- - - - -but boiled custard- - - -that's a whole other subject. Love the stuff! To kick a plate of scrambled eggs up a notch, try putting 3 jumbo eggs in a blender with 1/4 cup of heavy cream and a little coarse-ground salt and pepper. Soft-scramble, and chow down with a side of thick-sliced bacon and some sourdough toast.
Jerry

My grandfather used to make boiled custard. Loved it!
Originally Posted by EdM

You don't like fried chicken and you don't like egg nog. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with your taste buds Ed, but they might have been transplanted by aliens in the maternity ward when the nurse wasn't looking. Now I have to ask ... do you like chicken fried steak? grin
© 24hourcampfire