Home
Posted By: nighthawk Meth, We're On It - 11/19/19
Time to mock the state I love. That's the tag line of South Dakota's new anti-meth campaign. Meth is a big problem particularly on the rez and we've got plenty of that. The tag line is supposed to mean we're on top of the problem. All I can say is the ad agency that came up with this gem is in Minneapolis. They may be on meth but what collection of morons in South Dakota approved it? Actually funny in a perverse sort of way. News story at KSFY TV

[Linked Image]
Posted By: hanco Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/19/19
Why do people do that. Why not be high on life?
Posted By: ingwe Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/19/19
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/19/19
So it's literally true either way, right?
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/19/19
Sounds like lots of folks are talking about it. That's kinda the point, right?
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/19/19
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Time to mock the state I love. That's the tag line of South Dakota's new anti-meth campaign. Meth is a big problem particularly on the rez and we've got plenty of that. The tag line is supposed to mean we're on top of the problem. All I can say is the ad agency that came up with this gem is in Minneapolis. They may be on meth but what collection of morons in South Dakota approved it? Actually funny in a perverse sort of way. News story at KSFY TV

[Linked Image]

The truth comes out.
Lol, classic. 🤣
Posted By: JeffA Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/19/19
Posted By: Dess Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/19/19
Nebraska has the ad campaign "Nebraska. Honestly, it's not for everyone".

Truth in advertising.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/19/19
Originally Posted by hanco

Life on the rez? All your role models are poor, likely alcoholics, maybe struggling with diabetes. Either on the dole or working a fake rez job. Plus there's basically nothing to do but get stoned.

On the rez jobs. I knew a white guy that ran the machinery at the tribal plastic bag plant - trash type bags. Advantage government purchasing preference. Anyway a guy showed up for work stone drunk and they let him sleep it off in the break room. Fired. He complained that he did indeed show up for work. Had an uncle on the tribal council, got his job back. The white guy left to run a resort in Idaho and wanted to train someone to maintain the equipment, no takers.

A year or so ago the young tribal chairman announced that all tribal employees would be drug tested starting immediately. They almost ran him of the rez, of course he backed down.

Not to pick on the tribe. I knew a girl who grew up in inner city DC and managed to get an accounting degree and a professional level job. Same thing. Hard to advance when the uncle you admire is working welfare scams and selling drugs.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/19/19

Most likely because the reality of their lives bring them to it.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/19/19
Originally Posted by RickyD

I've never heard a good excuse for deciding to start on drugs. so far every one of them has been weak and pathetic.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/19/19
That tops GM's marketing of the Chevy Nova in Mexico. For non Spanish speakers, no va translates to "doesn't go."
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/19/19

Because chemicals speed up the process.
Posted By: Hunterapp Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/20/19

So the real point here Is we wish to discourage this Meth and any other substance use and abuse as we are currently trending in an unfavorable direction. Our goal, the goal of this ad is to get the community talking about it. What is currently working and what will work to insure society is seeking a better-natural high. What will and or has worked to make even the idea of trying this chit unacceptable on any level.

The goal here is to keep, maintain and or improve our values from my perspective. Ideas?

The best High I had recently was when my 9 year old son insisted we go Archery hunting this last Saturday at 6:00AM. That was enough right there, did not hurt that it was a very successful day in the stand as well. He generally wants to sleep in. This was an improvement in my book.
Posted By: kelbro Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/20/19
They should legalize it and then subsidize it so that it's cheap or even free.

Darwin will take care of the rest.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/20/19
Originally Posted by 12344mag

I've never heard a good excuse for deciding to start on drugs. so far every one of them has been weak and pathetic.

I hate to sound like a liberal, but some will see it this way.

Thank God I was born to Father and Mother that avoided
intoxicating substances, worked hard, and were just plain honest.

Many call that white privilege. Whatever.

We don't move to far from our parents, really.
Sure, we might change the color of our collar.
Our wage may have bigger or smaller numbers.
However, most honest hard working, succesful(in their world) people,
came from similar parents.

Druggies, welfare....same.

I have seen so many disadvantaged people who look at people
like me as privileged. (Like I look at those born rich)

My biggest privilege, was simply being taught to work, that I could
earn my way to success, and to manage money.

Those taught otherwise, are basically damned from birth.
Posted By: viking Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/20/19
Yeah and a lot of drug runners hold up on the Rez, kinda like a safe zone.

You see lots of meskins and a some dark greens on the Rez these days. Too bad meth did sterilize.
Posted By: JeffA Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/20/19
From my observation in the south east, meth and opiods are a white trash thing...
Posted By: tzone Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/20/19
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

Exactly.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/20/19
Cool slogan. What's not to like?
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/20/19
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

Exactly.

But people are not talking about the problem, (pretty obvious to anyone not living under a rock) they're talking about the slogan. The Minneapolis ad agency got a contract for up to $1.3 million for the ad campaign. But I guess it will draw attention to the governor's program to address the problem.

But it's still a stupid slogan. Coloradans can have their pot, we South Dakotans have our meth!

[Linked Image from keloland.com]

Posted By: BamBam Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/20/19
They’ll get rid of meth When a new drug of choice takes its place, and the vicious cycle will start all over again. You are not ever going to get rid of drugs.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/20/19
Y'all put that sheet on a t shirt and sell it and SD will have so much money you won't worry about a few tweakers.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/20/19
Damn good idea, I'd buy one just for laughs.
Posted By: blindshooter Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/20/19
Its everywhere

Attached picture 71916060_950222665355199_1972328031196282880_n.jpg
Posted By: Dave_Skinner Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/20/19
I think it's pretty clever because it's not what's expected. Too bad the rest of the country is too stupid to "get it."
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/20/19
Originally Posted by BamBam
They’ll get rid of meth When a new drug of choice takes its place, and the vicious cycle will start all over again. You are not ever going to get rid of drugs.

Doubt they'll ever "get rid of meth", Only been around for 100 years or so. And there was a rather popular song in the late 60's telling folks "Speed Kills". Didn't stop many folks then.

Maybe someday they reduce the number of users...................................but as long as it's easily and cheaply made there will be a market for something that keeps people awake while giving them a feeling of euphoria and excitement.

Geno
Posted By: Slope77 Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/21/19

Life on the rez? All your role models are poor, likely alcoholics, maybe struggling with diabetes. Either on the dole or working a fake rez job. Plus there's basically nothing to do but get stoned.

On the rez jobs. I knew a white guy that ran the machinery at the tribal plastic bag plant - trash type bags. Advantage government purchasing preference. Anyway a guy showed up for work stone drunk and they let him sleep it off in the break room. Fired. He complained that he did indeed show up for work. Had an uncle on the tribal council, got his job back. The white guy left to run a resort in Idaho and wanted to train someone to maintain the equipment, no takers.

A year or so ago the young tribal chairman announced that all tribal employees would be drug tested starting immediately. They almost ran him of the rez, of course he backed down.

Not to pick on the tribe. I knew a girl who grew up in inner city DC and managed to get an accounting degree and a professional level job. Same thing. Hard to advance when the uncle you admire is working welfare scams and selling drugs.

Lots of places you could go with this. I have heard from those that live close to the reservations, if a Native has his/her [bleep] together, their family/“friends” either demand handouts or tear down the one that is successful. Bottom line - their grandkids would be a lot better off if they were kicked off the monthly Federal dole and the reservations were abolished. At this point, we are just enabling failure.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/21/19

Same here. Meth heads probably account for more home and business burglary’s than any other druggies.
Potheads are too lazy to steal.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/21/19
Originally Posted by Slope77

Lots of places you could go with this. I have heard from those that live close to the reservations, if a Native has his/her [bleep] together, their family/“friends” either demand handouts or tear down the one that is successful. Bottom line - their grandkids would be a lot better off if they were kicked off the monthly Federal dole and the reservations were abolished. At this point, we are just enabling failure.

Yep, got an Indian friend grew up on the Rez, goes back regularly because he's apparently a Spiritual leader of some sort (but not the sort on display for tourists). His take is; you wanna help Indians? Abolish welfare, its killing them.
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/21/19
Fantastic.
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/21/19

Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Same here. Meth heads probably account for more home and business burglary’s than any other druggies.

Most meth heads smoke weed too.....
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/21/19
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Most meth heads smoke weed too.....

Can’t be true. We’ve been told MILLIONS of times that pot is NOT a gateway drug. 😜
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Meth, We're On It - 11/21/19
Not meth.....
Flakka is what they need!!!
LOL!!!
© 24hourcampfire