Home
Hi Guys:

A bullet company we all know and love has some rimfire plans, and they are focused on delivering what the market wants. They have asked me to post this survey link, and I have agreed.

I like it when we are a part of R&D. So, if you are of a mind to, they'd love your input.

Here's the link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/38HBF9J

Thanks to all.
Done
Done. I was hoping a manufacturer was going to come out with Match Grade 22 Magnum ammo. Doesn't have that feel.
Done.

Thanks fore the opportunity.
Done
Done, did the survey but didnt enter drawing.
And done.
Done.

I wish they had a spot for comments. Since they don’t....

I buy 50/100 round boxes of rimfire at times. But if I’m buying bulk quantities, I want it in 500 round bricks. None of this 333 rounds. Or 425. Or 525. 500. 10 boxes of 50. It’s really simple.

There. Glad I got that off my chest. Been carrying it around for years.
Done. Thanks for the chance to voice an opinion!
Did the survey. Is Hornady planning some high dollar 22 LR with Vmax bullets? Or someone planning some high dollar match grade stuff??
Done. Hope I didn't confuse the marketing wankers.
Done
I entered the drawing, I hope the deluge of email adds isn't too bad.
Done did...
Originally Posted by slumlord

Yep.
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Done.

I wish they had a spot for comments. Since they don’t....

I buy 50/100 round boxes of rimfire at times. But if I’m buying bulk quantities, I want it in 500 round bricks. None of this 333 rounds. Or 425. Or 525. 500. 10 boxes of 50. It’s really simple.

There. Glad I got that off my chest. Been carrying it around for years.

I second this notion, packs of 50, bricks of 500, case of 5000. KISS
Got it done.

It smelled like Hornady to me, as I was filling it out.

I'm prolly all wrong. That's okay, I wish them the best.

Ditto
Done
Done.
I'd do it but I'm so stinking stocked up on rimfire I'll never run out.
yep
I appreciate that someone wants to hear from us.
Did it.

DF
Done.

I would have liked a comment section too. Most often I buy bulk, Federal 525 and 550 in particular. I've found it to provide all-around acceptable accuracy in my guns for most tasks. I do buy quite a bit of what I refer to as specialty stuff. Mostly subsonic, suppressor specific, the CCI SGB and high end stuff such as Eley and Norma. For every bulk pack I buy, I'll buy several boxes of specialty ammo to go with it. I have a Browning Nomad that loves CCI Subsonic, but works just as well with Eley and Norma SS. Remington SS isn't bad in one of my rifles.

Some of the ammo I'm not impressed with are Winchester 42gr HV HP and WInchester T-22 Target. The Winchester 42gr, SSHP is wonderfully accurate.The big surprise is Aguila and CI.

Done. I gave 'em Slumlords info for the drawing.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Hoar-der.
done.
Someone gave me half a box of POS CCI 22 W MAG.

Gee, i wonder why.

Off sandbags at 100 with Win 22 lever rifle they sometimes get down to 6 in grougs.

Win, Rem will get 3 inch groups at 100.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by ironbender

Hoar-der.

Hell ya, I loaded up when it was 60 bucks a brick man!
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
Got it done.

You likely are wrong..

If you scroll diwn to the very bottom of the survey , you can see in the contest rules/disclaimer that the Sponsor of the Contest rawing is Capstone Precision - the parent Company of Lapua, Berger and SK Jagd.

Likely they are thinking about making some of their rimfire ammo in the U.S. and want to get a feel of the domestic market here in the US to plan out their production capacity, product mix etc..
I did my part. Maybe I will win some ammo.
You're onto something.

Capstone Precision Group is the umbrella company for exclusive importing of Lapua and SK rimfire ammunition, Lapua centerfire components and VihtaVuori smokeless powders. Each of these premium brands import into their Sedalia, MO, distribution center. Capstone also manufactures Berger bullets and ammunition in Mesa, AZ, which is also home to the Lapua Rimfire Test Center. The Mesa, AZ, site features 100-meter rimfire and 300-meter centerfire test tunnels that enable lot acceptance testing, load validation, pressure confirmation—as well as research and development for commercial projectiles and ammunition.

https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2019/7/17/all-about-capstone-precision-group/
Done, survey could have been much better designed. I much prefer qualtrics over survey monkey and it wasn't structured correctly to do a conjoint analysis. I am biased though because the founder of qualtrics was my measurement and analysis professor in MBA school.

Bb
Done
Nosler re-loadable brass with a high BC LRX.......(hint). 😂
Thanks Rick, nice if they will listen, but looks like us canucks are not eligible to win
Done
Question Title

"What price are you willing to pay for premium quality 50-Rd box of 22LR ammo designed specifically for a semi-auto firearm?"

This query made me question their sincerity.
Originally Posted by Morewood
Question Title

"What price are you willing to pay for premium quality 50-Rd box of 22LR ammo designed specifically for a semi-auto firearm?"

Why? Lots of .22 ammo doesn’t reliably cycle some autos. Mini mags and Stingers always seem to function flawlessly. I did get a little leery that they used $5 for a 50rd box as the +/- benchmark for cheap .22. 😁......I still have boxes of 50 with the price tag .79c.
Done
done
Originally Posted by Morewood
Question Title

Dunno why that would be. I've been shooting some Geco Semi-Auto (now discontinued, I think) that shoots marvelously well in my CZ 512 carbine (by well, I mean under .4" @50yards, which is pretty good for a tiny little bone-stock carbine with a cheap scope) Geco is re-badged RWS, so I guess I'll have to start buying RWS when and if I can find it.
I’m not telling
Originally Posted by ironbender

Hoar-der.

Hell ya, I loaded up when it was 60 bucks a brick man!

I think i still have some of the ammo that cost me $8.99 per brick in the early 90s.
Done
Done
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
Got it done.

That’s my guess too. They could easily step into the market and make big waves.
Done..
Done
I responded but I'm not sure it went through. I don't like surveys where they let you fill it out, and at the end want personal info, which is likely to be used for marketing purposes.

For me, especially with the higher end match ammo, continued and consistent availability is important. I have a whole collection of boxes of high end imported ammo, especially Lapua and Eley, that is no longer available and I don't have enough of it to take to matches. Some may still be out there but with different packaging and branding or labeling, but how do you know? There was a time in the 1990s or early 2000s when Federal made some excellent match level ammo, but then it disappeared and then some Federal showed up that was rebranded German ammo, and so it goes. I had a guy argue that all Federal was made in the USA until I pointed out the really tiny print on the brick that said Made in Germany.

Make really good stuff and keep it coming. Skip the corporate game playing.

Paul
Back in the day when I shot more rimfire it was minute of gopher, every cartridge fired in every gun, and they were a lot cheaper than centerfire, even reloads. You tended to buy the brand that was on sale because they were all good. Now you need a survey?
done
i should mention berger has a building and spent serious bucks at the ben avery range in north phoenix.
I would have like to mention that case of remington green box i got a few years ago 1960's production. much different than the
current stuff.
Done.
Done but I had trouble listing different companies ammo. I can't get a lot of it around here like Lapua and SK. I gave up on my 10-22 and got a RPR in 22lR. The thing will do really good with standard velocity stuff and It likes Federal Match. Eley is out of my price range and what I shoot I like to purchase enough to keep me shooting.
SK and Agulia is readily available on the net.In their subsonic offerings are very accurate.
https://www.capstonepg.com/about/
Done.
I’m glad to see a manufacturer actually seeking input from potential customers. Seems like most everybody wants to tell ME what I want and need. Kinda refreshing!
I burn through a lot of .22LR, sometimes competition, but mostly because it’s cheap and fun. I buy what’s reasonably priced, dependable, and accurate in my rifles.
I’ve experimented with different types of .22 fodder, mostly based on price, availability, and accuracy. Keep in mind that if people cant afford it or get it, or it doesn’t work well, it’s not gonna sell.
I think that statement is true for most everybody.
Once again, thanks for seeking our input.
7mm
I took the survey. Some of those brands I have never heard of.

Jim
sponsored by capstone in Mesa, I think that might be Lapua, yeah https://www.capstonepg.com/

a friend works there, I wonder if he wrote up the survey....

Poole
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

Done. I gave 'em Slumlords info for the drawing.

I'm gonna get red flagged now.

I better cover all the windows with tin foil and wait for the black chevy tahoes to roll in.
I dont think the survey was aimed at guys like me.

The CCI mini mag/Federal Champion crowd.....
No Tahoe for you.....more like Econoline Van.......
done
Why not build the best you can at as good a price as you can and let the customers beat down your door? Worked for Nosler when he engineered the Partition. That's how it used to be done. Now everything has to be psycho-analyzed to death, including what we purchase because most of the time we're being sold a bill of goods wrapped in pretty ribbons and bows.

I guess I have a problem with any manufacturer that goes into a project trying to decide if they want to build a crappy, mediocre, or a good product.

*Tell that ^^^^^^^^ to your survey.
Completed!
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I'm not fallin for that "can you help me find my puppy" BS

Named it right...Survey Monkey. Mandatory question, what price are you willing to pay for semi-auto ammo? When you previously answered "bolt action" on the rifle question. Garbage in-garbage out.
Done
Filled it out. Was hoping they would ask what brand lasts best when stockpiled by 1000 rounds. 😜
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Filled it out. Was hoping they would ask what brand lasts best when stockpiled by 1000 rounds. 😜

Only 1000 rounds, Sam? I've got at least 25,000 now, since the price came down, and since I'm shooting a lot of rimfire the past few years (and accumulating a lot of rimfire rifles). Happily enough, my rifles are shooting inexpensive Aguila under a 1/2" at 50 yards, which makes me REALLY happy, since it's under $200/case. That made me quit CCI for Aguila, as the cheaper ammo is outshooting CCI hands down, in my rifles.
I dont think the survey was aimed at guys like me.

The CCI mini mag/Federal Champion crowd.....

This...
Originally Posted by Bill Poole
sponsored by capstone in Mesa, I think that might be Lapua, yeah https://www.capstonepg.com/

a friend works there, I wonder if he wrote up the survey....

Poole

I am going with Beger. Lapua already has a handle on rimfire ammo.
Doneski.
done anonymously
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Only 1000 rounds, Sam? I've got at least 25,000 now, since the price came down, and since I'm shooting a lot of rimfire the past few years (and accumulating a lot of rimfire rifles). Happily enough, my rifles are shooting inexpensive Aguila under a 1/2" at 50 yards, which makes me REALLY happy, since it's under $200/case. That made me quit CCI for Aguila, as the cheaper ammo is outshooting CCI hands down, in my rifles.

No, in 1000 round increments. There is over 40K squirreled away here and there. A lot is pre 1999, as I was prepping for TEOTWAWKI prior to Y2K. 😜
Well now they know that I hunt squirrels. Hope this wasn't a squirrel secret agent trying to figure out who I am.
Completed, but not the prize..
Done
i shared information.

use to spend time helping the garden tiller people at group formatted discussions to help with vegetable equipment marketing.

shooting .22's is good. the hope for a better product without a big price increase is not such a bad thing.
Done...can't imagin it was much help to them tho..
Done
I did the poll. I used a throw away email address in case it turns into a can of spam.

It would be nice to have a another brand of mid range target ammo to pick from as rim fires can be very picky about what you feed them accuracy wise.

I'm not fallin for that "can you help me find my puppy" BS

Hilarious. smile
© 24hourcampfire