Home
Anyone have one of these?

They look pretty nice and hopefully methy coon proof.....

Went out this morning to start up my pickup and see fresh foot prints in the snow....

Bastards made off with about $600-700 worth of wrenches and sockets and random stuff.

https://www.highwayproducts.com/c/truck-tool-boxes/p/gullwing-truck-tool-box/
Sam, Highway Products is local and they have an excellent reputation for making high quality and high priced products, although I am not an owner of one. Many contractors vets and the like use their boxes in this area.
Fire, I see they are over in your neck of the woods, White City, OR.

I had never heard of them until today when I went to researching toolboxes.

They do appear to be pretty nice. And if it can keep the driveway hit and run coons outta my chit it'll be well worth it.

And by coons I mean the nocturnal chitballs that have nothing better to do than steal a working mans tools. Not a racist comment, they might be white coons for all I know......
Schitballs.

Sorry Sam.
Jim, we've lived here in town for 10 years and this is the first issue.

At least they didn't get inside the cab, then I would be SUPER PISSED!
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Anyone have one of these?

They look pretty nice and hopefully methy coon proof.....

Went out this morning to start up my pickup and see fresh foot prints in the snow....

Bastards made off with about $600-700 worth of wrenches and sockets and random stuff.

https://www.highwayproducts.com/c/truck-tool-boxes/p/gullwing-truck-tool-box/

I have two of their side boxes for my flatbed pick up truck. You’ll be hard-pressed to find a better built product, you’re going to pay for it they’re damn expensive but they built like a brick chit house!
Sam,

In a previous employment life, Highway Products was an account of mine...

even tho base over in White City, they have some large contracts with a lot of major cities Hwy and Road depts
that need to keep things secure, in cities that have a lot of interurban crooks... I know whatever they call the Hwy Dept and Roads Works in NYC had major contracts, with them for a lot of their products...

Same thing with places like Chicago, Los Angeles, Houston, Atlanta, Wash DC, Philadephia, Boston etc...

So their products not only excel in durability and toughness, they also excel in keeping their contents hard to get to for the criminal elements..... so they should be a secure product for the average Montana Meth Head...

While they are not cheap, they are a real bargain for the quality of the product...
and preventing theft, once you figure in preventing losing your equipment.. suddenly the extra cost becomes a real bargain..
Footprints in the snow? And you didn't get to trackin'?

10 years in town? That about 'splains it.....................................citified for sure, that's what you are. shocked

Need to get some of them fancy video cameras. Probably find out it's the neighbor's kid and his hoodlum buddies.

Did you report it to the local po-po? Any identifiable marks on those tools?

Good luck with the tool box........... I hate a dang thief.

Geno

PS, better start taking what's in the cab into the house at night.

PPS might just have to put out some "bait" and sit on the porch in the dark a few nights.......................I hear it's a good way to get them little rascals.
Thanks for the info guys, sounds good.

Just ordered one, $1326 grand total and that includes shipping.

I've been meaning to upgrade for several years but never found anything(sturdy) with the right dimensions to fit over my L tank.

The Highway box should be a perfect fit. Might have to scoot the tank back and inch or two but that's not a huge deal.

Imagine a thumbs up emoji here.

Geno
Geno, the word is out with all the neighbors.

And yes, all the goodies inside the cab are now going inside!

Fuuckers even packed off my Handy Man jack. Hopefully they kill themselves with it......
Looks like a great box.

I've only had one really stout, high end toolbox. It was an RKI. Expensive, and real steel.

Used that box on 3 pickups.
Sorry about the theft Sam.

No place seems safe from thieves.
Barry, I think I may have looked into those a couple years ago?

Believe they were a little too deep in the belly.

Richard, it's sad state of affairs all over the place.

I hate meth and pillheads.
Camera, You can't enter my property without being on camera, the video that is stored off site unless you climb the fence, and there are dogs there.
Could be.

RKI makes a couple of depths now. One looks like the Gullwing.

http://www.rki-us.com/productDetails.aspx?cat=2&type=2&series=23&prod=ST63A
know whatever they call the Hwy Dept and Roads Works in NYC had major contracts, with them for a lot of their products...
DOT, Department of transportation. They use their products so does the New York City sanitation department New York City Police Department and other city agencies. Loma cranes out of New York have all of their boxes for their tractor trailers custom built By Highway, Products.
700, I plan on having a couple cameras installed. But we live on an Indian rez and the tribal court is an absolute joke. But of course maybe it was a white guy.......

Barry, those do look solid.

BamBam, sounds like a good investment!
I've drooled over their website. Some of their one off custom utility beds are fuggin unreal. Some of the nicest most well thought out beds I've ever seen. post up some pics when you get it.
POS cracker stole my Stihl cut off saw during the middle of the day while I was on the second floor of the project I was on. 5th time I've been hit in 15 years. Stole an entire trailer full of tools one time. I'd love to catch somebody using one of my tools on a job one day. They'd need an orthopedic surgeon for their hands.
I hear ya on the security camera idea, Sam.

Since that woman got murdered here about 6 weeks ago, I have started running these.

Screw on the base to a tree. It has a magnetic ball mount.

Camera is very small. About 3x3"...

The bad guys can't see it flash at night.

https://www.wildgameinnovations.com/browse/trail-cameras/shadow-micro-cam-lightsout
Damn a thief!

I'm glad I didn't catch the weasel dick fuuckheads or I might be jail right now.

You aughta be able to blow their knees out with a 9mm as they run off but of course you be the one in trouble.

Might get here next week.

Hopefully there will be some good Black Friday tool deals, perfect time to get robbed......grin.
Had the same trouble here last year Sam. Like you I wasn't overly dialed in about theft protection in my driveway and sure as hell one of the nights I didn't lock the truck some douche got $500 binocs and an arm load of odds and ends for another couple hun.
We bought an Arlo two camera system after that and its been good. Couple months after we got it I caught onother little rat [bleep] on camera, quite a bit smaller than the footprints from the first guy. I recognised him down town near the bad bar. I drove my truck straight at him got him by surprise and we had words. Long story short he sang like a bird they he was an addict.... he'll never do it again... he's gonna sign up for detox.. pretty sure he pissed himself, lots of witnesses so I left it at that.
No one's been back since. Can check from your phone you can view live from anywhere you can even talk to the fugger if u see him. haha Siren thingy too.
Someone could probably steal my whole house and I wouldn't care, but if they ransacked our pole barn I'd be crying

Maybe this will let you see the light and switch to Milwaukee... Grin
Sam, sorry about the thieves. That sucks.

Highway Products has always been on the drool list, particularly with freight costs from one coast to the other. I was just looking at their fifth wheel box for the new truck. I’ve been slumming JOBOX and Weather Guard boxes. Weather Guard makes a good box.

This FORD is so damn tall, I’m considering ordering a Martin gooseneck service body. I almost ordered one last year for the GMC.

https://www.martinswelding.com/gooseneck-service-body.html
Salty, I REALLY want to get a camera!

I am curious.

Ben, that pickup is my shop!

It got raped by a common tweaker, trying not to dwell but it's hard.

The stupid fuuckers missed some choice chit though.

AND they didn't get in the cab. The cab BTW is currently empty of all goodies.

Going full lockdown until the camera and new toolbox show up.
you got counted coup on

woop woop

Thefts been big over here too. Don't matter where you are I don't think. Meth is whack!
methheads need to be put under the same program as Cougars... S.S.S.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
you got counted coup on

At least they were respectful.......

Didn't make a mess, even closed the lids when they got done which was nice because it was snowing. 3-4 years ago the latch broke on drivers side so we've used a tarp strap. Thieves didn't figure out how to shut it with the strap so they left a 4lb hammer on it.
Our worktrucks have RimRock's in them. RimRock Mfg. If the guy's are too far from home to drive, they get left at the airport for a week at a time. They work really good in a tall truck and you can pile schiett on them and still use the toolbox.
Brian, this place has 'free' shipping.

https://www.leonardaccessories.com/product/toolboxes-gullwing-highway-products-aluminum

Yeah, the new pickups are retarded tall.
(I can't afford one but....)

Nice thing about this box is that it is short on the sidewall when you open it.
Those are sweet. Are they dry?
Those boxes are getting pricey, gotta start worrying about the whole thing getting stolen
You Tube Booby traps and find a non-lethal using marking dyes. Infernal devices that cause injury are illegal in most places, but you can stain a booger eater purple or hot pink that is very difficult to remove. Combine that w/ a video record and put the turd in jail.

mike r
Originally Posted by keystoneben
Those boxes are getting pricey, gotta start worrying about the whole thing getting stolen

That's what I was just thinking.

Go outside and the entire [bleep] is gone!

Luckily our tweakers couldn't pull it off here.
(knock on wood.....)
I'd be inclined to bolt it in with nylock nuts on the inside of the box. Even if you were away or something and they got underneath with an electric wrench they can turn till the cows come home it ain't coming off. Its a kick in the nuts all right since I got hit I think like a thief now and design 3 or 4 steps that would fug the average tweaker up to a successful hit at chateau Salty any more!
Actually looking at the pic bolting it in may be easier said than done, nothing as bad as a fugged up tractor puking hoses in the cold tho. lol
Between buying the new box, and replacing the tools, that was an expensive experience. Hopefully you don’t have to deal with those sticky fingered fuggers anymore.
Sam,

I don't have the crossbox but I have what they call a partner box bolted down just inside my truck bed at the tailgate. They made this box with special dimensions for me so to do what I needed in a box.

They build the best diamond plate boxes I have seen. Weatherguard makes a good steel box and is what we used on our pickups for our construction business, and they also make a great product.

Bummer, Sam. Too bad you don't have a dog! wink
Originally Posted by keystoneben

That's what I was just thinking.

Go outside and the entire [bleep] is gone!

Luckily our tweakers couldn't pull it off here.
(knock on wood.....)

Yeti cooler effect.....

Not sure of your hood, but from the sounds of it, I'd bet local kids. Sneak out for some highschool poon and do a little car hopping.

Either way it sucks azz.

If its a meth monster, i hope he's dumb enough to try and sell local.
Around here it seems to be a 3 spoke wheel of trash. Dealers-Users-Fences.
Meth head or junkie steals some chit
Fence pays him 10 cents of retail
Dude visits the dealer for more dope.

I've read in the court news some guys take up two positions on the wheel. Dealer and fence. What exactly the fence does I am not sure but it doesn't get sold anywhere near where it came from at that level. They busted a semi load of stolen stuff half way across Canada from out here.
Why not set up a booby trap that sprays the thugs with pepper spray when the break int your tool box.

Or use a job site tool box bolted into the bed of your pickup bed.

[Linked Image from embed.widencdn.net]
Thanks for the info guys, sounds good.

Just ordered one, $1326 grand total and that includes shipping.

I've been meaning to upgrade for several years but never found anything(sturdy) with the right dimensions to fit over my L tank.

The Highway box should be a perfect fit. Might have to scoot the tank back and inch or two but that's not a huge deal.

I know this is a dumb question, but why not park the truck inside a locked shed/garage?
Stop your fuucking whining Sam. Everybody knows drugs are a "victimless" crime. whistle (for those in Rio Linda, the whistle icon is the smart assed one)

Clyde
I was whining again this afternoon to my dad after I discovered a few more missing items.

He said well if you thought that stuff was so valuable then you should have had a better toolbox.

Kinda pizzed me off as I buy most all my own tools to do work on his farm. It ain't my show.

Deep breathes....

Redneck, my 2 car garage here in town is full of chit. My pickup won't fit, That and the garage doesn't have a floor drain. Plus I'm not sure how much longer we'll live here so I'm hesitant to invest in a building in the backyard,
Get over to the picture thread Sam. take yer mind off your troubles.

Any insurance on the tools?
I hate gull-wing boxes. Too short and weak to put heavy stuff over the side into/out of them, without climbing into the back of the truck. And if I climb up there, I want a full-length door.....
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I hate gull-wing boxes. Too short and weak to put heavy stuff over the side into/out of them, without climbing into the back of the truck. And if I climb up there, I want a full-length door.....
I agree. That same outfit makes a box with one lid. That's what I've got. I won't ever buy another gullwing. Haven't had one since I discovered the full length lids.
Richard, insurance would be a wash.

But I did stop by the pawn shop this afternoon and the owner said the police had some pictures of stuff that might possibly be mine.

Went to the city police station and the person with the pics was over in Williston but they'd have 'em tomorrow.

Don, I'm not tossing rail road ties up on the fricken tool box!

I like in the winter time. Open the lid and all the snow ends up on the other side that you don't open as often.
All this hate on the GullWing is getting me really pissed off.
Shipping was really fast.

Just got it bolted down.

[Linked Image from i37.photobucket.com]
Gullwing boxes are not intended for use by children or short people.
Owe, now you've gone, and done it Sam!!! laugh Go straight to bed without supper! laugh
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I've drooled over their website. Some of their one off custom utility beds are fuggin unreal.

I would love this.

Not that I really need it(we could put it to use) but more than anything it'd be uber great to pull up to the bar and park right out front.

Fill it up with ho's on the way home.....

Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I was wondering why all the hate.
Man, that's a nice looking tool box
https://www.adriansteel.com/item/pickup-trucks/aluminum_toolboxes/

Son, I went through times where I had to use them Harbor Freight tools too, so I feel for you. I was just thinkin' about that the other day as I was usin' a Snap On 5/8" to beat on something with.
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I've drooled over their website. Some of their one off custom utility beds are fuggin unreal.

I would love this.

Not that I really need it(we could put it to use) but more than anything it'd be uber great to pull up to the bar and park right out front.

Fill it up with ho's on the way home.....

I make the ho's ride in the stock trailer. The wife gets the bed.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I make the ho's ride in the stock trailer. The wife gets the bed.

Old school playa move right there.

Well there's that plus you gotta realise some guys can't see past their own need a 600 lb job site box in their trucks. To haul their gym bag and lap top.

Personally I'd go with the gull wing. You can still get a sheet of plywood inside the box.
Who rides in the cab then?
The DD and the dogs.
Who rides in the cab then?
On the days I feel like drivin', I drive, otherwise ride shotgun with my boy drivin' and the coondawg in the middle or in the back seat.
Originally Posted by Salty303

Well there's that plus you gotta realise some guys can't see past their own need a 600 lb job site box in their trucks. To haul their gym bag and lap top.

Personally I'd go with the gull wing. You can still get a sheet of plywood inside the box.
Plywood goes in the trailer. Better yet, get a contractor to do that shixt and he can haul it hisownself.
Plywood, bricks, etc. scratch up the bed. Besides that, squaw gots to have a place to ride.
Shipping was really fast.

Just got it bolted down.

Looks like you had time to wax the truck too.
I was whining again this afternoon to my dad after I discovered a few more missing items.

He said well if you thought that stuff was so valuable then you should have had a better toolbox.

Kinda pizzed me off as I buy most all my own tools to do work on his farm. It ain't my show.

Deep breathes....

I understand, Sam. I'd be pissed at that comment too but what are ya gonna do?

You're a good man, busting your balls like you do. Just know that your Dad really appreciates it. He may not show it. But he does.
I like in the winter time. Open the lid and all the snow ends up on the other side that you don't open as often.

This is the only good reason I’ve heard for gull wing lids on a crossover box.

I too am a fan of the big single lid. My favorite setup is topside boxes inside a rack and an L tank with a chest in the bed for big stuff like pry bars, but you can’t pull goosenecks with topside boxes and a rack. A box in the bed, whether a crossover or not, is a compromise and not usually the most convenient one.

Today, I mounted my old Weather Guard crossover box in the new F350. I should probably order a Martin gooseneck service body, we’ll see,
How ya gunna get a damn Hi Lift jack in a divided box? Jeebus, we gotta thinka ever thang?
It actually did show up the other day and we scooted the tank back and got it screwed down yesterday.

It appears to be uber.

I really like the fact that when you open the lid it is easy to reach into, no extra sidewall height like a traditional box.

Hopefully it's coon proof.

Good evening Cowboy Sam! Where are you hiding Gus!
Wire that sumbich up for 220ac, plug it in every night when you get home and find those little bassturds curled up well done in the snow in the morning.
I just installed brighter bulbs on the garage/driveway. Motion light will be installed, thinking extension cord.....

Had a camera guy over but he wanted to look at the computer setup however the boss was at work so I told him lets check it out on a weekend.

It's all about the light.

The thieving bastards hate the light.

Going full out and hiding another pistol or two in the house.

It actually did show up the other day and we scooted the tank back and got it screwed down yesterday.

It appears to be uber.

I really like the fact that when you open the lid it is easy to reach into, no extra sidewall height like a traditional box.

Hopefully it's coon proof.

I dont think anything is coon proof to a motivated cracked up coon.
I'm hoping for a lazy coon.......grin
I just installed brighter bulbs on the garage/driveway. Motion light will be installed, thinking extension cord.....

Had a camera guy over but he wanted to look at the computer setup however the boss was at work so I told him lets check it out on a weekend.

Looks good Sam.

And another pistola or two is NEVER a bad thing!
Had a friend who lost a (locked) box when the thieves took a crowbar, and just pried the box (with bolts) through the bed rails of his truck
I've since installed an 1/8 th inch strap under the bed rails to prevent that - and used locking nuts (nyloks) also.

Just a thought, Sammo! smile

That's a nice box Sam. I hope it helps and you enjoy it. I've had gullwings too. I remember losing a Colt Lawman for awhile. I finally found it in one side of my gullwing box. A pard of mine was resting his 300 Win Mag on his and let fly. Hole in the gullwing. lol
Jim, we've lived here in town for 10 years and this is the first issue.

At least they didn't get inside the cab, then I would be SUPER PISSED!
More often than not, the damage they do breaking in costs a lot more than what they steal.
Sexy box, Sammo!

Nice tool box!

Sam, I use a few of these around the ranch. They work REALLY well.

No extension cord needed. Motion sensor works well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QNQ5TXZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also know a guy that put one of these up... wink

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F1RJWDL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
© 24hourcampfire