Home
Now I know there are feuds, some long standing, but this is new. To me anyway.

Booby traps’ found in central Minnesota farm field

LITCHFIELD, Minn. (AP) - Authorities in central Minnesota say someone left “booby traps” in a farmer’s field apparently meant to damage farm equipment.

Meeker County Sheriff Brian Cruze says a farmer near Cedar Mills on Monday reported minor damage to a combine after a chain was drawn into the machine during harvesting.

Cruze told Minnesota Public Radio News it’s premature to speculate on motive. The sheriff says the chain may have been in the corn for weeks or months.

But he says when the farm family got deeper into the crop, it happened again.

Mindy Johnson’s family farms about 2,000 acres of corn and soybeans. She says the second incident involved a 6-foot piece of steel rebar pounded into the ground near a cornstalk where it was hard to see.

Johnson says she doesn’t know why her family’s farm would be singled out.
KSFY
Someone's just beggin' to get shot.
They done pizzed somebody off.
Originally Posted by JamesJr
They done pizzed somebody off.

Yup! weren't no accident.
Simiiar to what happened to a neighbor up on the ridge a few years ago. Used grader blade edges.
Yep someone's good and pissed about something.

There was a bit on the news the other day about vindictive farming stuff. A blueberry farmer was just found guilty and ordered to pay two point something million to the people he had sold the farm to the year before. They proved that he sprayed herbicide over the entire crop just before possession date. New owners didn't find out for several months why all the plants were dying. You wonder wtf someone would go to all that trouble.. did the new owners force him out somehow? Just a bitter prick? Weird one..
Who knows

Could be some wacko anti-GMO food nazi.

It could really be that random and that stupid, anything goes nowadays.
Comanches?
Around here it's been drainage disputes or somebody not keeping their cattle home. Comes down to a lot of huffin and puffin at worst. Thankfully. S'pose that's what it is around Litchfield, a little far from The Cities for eco-nuts.
This is why we never chew out trespassers. Impossible to watch over everything and if you get some weirdo manbitch all butthurt they might come back and shoot a cow or vandalize equipment.

The biggest problem with having a little land is fuuckhead people.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
This is why we never chew out trespassers. Impossible to watch over everything and if you get some weirdo manbitch all butthurt they might come back and shoot a cow or vandalize equipment.

You spoke a lot of wisdom there, Sam. In both sentences......

Never did understand how some people think that the HR FuffandPuff approach was a good way to deal with a dispute.

You mean you don't have the "Those Found Here at Night, Will be Found Here in the Morning" signs?

We try to keep those in Sioux Falls. And then the biggest problem is dumping trash in a ditch, particularly 4th of July.

Did have a guy raising buffalo that had a problem. A couple "braves" decided that bufs were theirs and shot one to death with a .22. The geniuses got caught when they took it to a local locker plant for processing.

You mean you don't have the "Those Found Here at Night, Will be Found Here in the Morning" signs?

Oh now that would really piss them off 'cuz they know the worst you'll do is call the sheriff. Saves on legal fees that way.
Trail cameras anyone?
That'll teach 'em not to throw out those poaching pheasant hunters!

Makes perfect sense

I may try to get on new arrowhead ground this spring. If dude gets all assy....I'll try the Dr David Bruce Banner on him. "Mr. McGee, Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry"

laugh

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by slumlord
Could be some wacko anti-GMO food nazi.

Yup, this is by far the most likely scenario.
It must have been the Jews...
It’s the ethanol. Not only does it wreak havoc on small engine carburetors, it makes people crazy.
I can remember stuff like this happening back in the 80's when some of the Farmers were trying to form a Farmers Union. Can recall the Farmers that wouldn't sign up finding fence posts and rebar post driven into the ground throughout there crops fields.
Looking for photos of the traps. Wouldn't mind setting a few of them *booby* traps around the place and see what I can get.
Ok BRB
My rancher friend put signs up all around his property saying Sportsman welcome please take care of my land. Government and environmental types stay out. He said he had very few problems after that and even had hunters stop by the house and tell him when there was a problem with a cow.

Bb
I have a friend on Facebook who reposts lots of shot horses, mules, donkeys. Mules are his hobby and he takes it personal
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Looking for photos of the traps. Wouldn't mind setting a few of them *booby* traps around the place and see what I can get.

All i found was a bunch of gals that looked like that Dugger mormon mama.

Eww
Originally Posted by kingston
It’s the ethanol. Not only does it wreak havoc on small engine carburetors, it makes people crazy.

Well, not unless it is used in conjunction with FRAM filters.
I told my dentist that he made a living working on boobie traps.
It's something called agri-terrorism and I just started seeing it. In the last week, there has been two posts on FB, that I've seen, where there was a log chain tied into corn stalks near Hutchinson, Mn and closer to home, a t-post driven into the ground in the corn that messed up a combine header.

A local LEO posted that if we see any strange vehicles driving around out in the countryside, we need to report it immediately.
Maybe get me a couple a them Hooter girls in a live trap. Keep em in the cellar for a spell.
Local one:

"Be Vigilant: one of my agents had a claim of Agri-terrorism. Someone placed a t post 15 rows into a corn field and our client tore up his header. If you see people that don’t belong driving around on country roads, maybe make a call to our local law enforcement or take down a license plate. Better to be safe than sorry..."

Hutchinson:

This morning we started a new field of corn. We quickly discovered that we are victims of "ag-terrorism." Detectives are looking for evidence. We are finding "booby-traps" like this one. 10 miles west of Hutchinson, MN.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Game cameras.
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Around here it's been drainage disputes or somebody not keeping their cattle home. Comes down to a lot of huffin and puffin at worst. Thankfully. S'pose that's what it is around Litchfield, a little far from The Cities for eco-nuts.

uh no its not... I have friends who own farm property north of Litchfield and south of Eden Valley....

they've had incidents in the past also...
Things get a bit dicey around here when someone gets outbid on a prime land lease.
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Game cameras.

this ^
put some on road access also.
Game cameras.

Lol.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Fireball2

All i found was a bunch of gals that looked like that Dugger mormon mama.

Eww

What happened to Sideboob Sunday?
Originally Posted by 19352012
Game cameras.

Lol.

One for every stalk of corn! haha
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Game cameras.

Lol.

Dumbass psi running high today I see.

It took exactly 2 well-placed cameras to solve a similar problem.
Damn Muzzies doing that cshit!!
Originally Posted by hanco

Actually that was one angle I didn't think of. I was considering the possibility of it being Antifas out terrorizing the Trump supporters. Towelheads are another possibility.
If a MFer were to get caught doing that, he may be a permanent resident of that cornfield!
A neighbor here had his camera stolen.

I think you have the right attitude, Sam

Don't see a big problem with guys walking in, one time it was a hunter that had permission and shot a deer on the neighbors place. Deer jumped the fence and ran a ways to die in my pasture. Helped him find the deer.

I don't appreciate the ruts and cut fences that happen on occasion, but as you said, you can't watch over everything
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Actually that was one angle I didn't think of. I was considering the possibility of it being Antifas out terrorizing the Trump supporters. Towelheads are another possibility.

so a new style of varmint season....

I still have to ask myself, what in the hell are Somalians doing in MN...

the leftists in the Twin Cities love 'em.... from what I've seen when back there, people outside the metro area sure don't
have much use for them....

its like taking a bunch of ants to your own picnic so you can try to enjoy it...

people in MN need to treat Somalians in their state, the same way Somalians would treat an American in their schitthole country...
There is absolutely nothing I detest worse than a trespasser. My father drilled it into me when I first started hunting that you did not set foot on someone's land unless you asked first. Each year, before the hunting season began, he would make me go and ask the neighbors for permission to hunt, even though they always told me I didn't have to keep asking. It's just the way I was raised........you were taught to respect other people's property, be it land or something else.

I have really chewed a couple of trespassers out who knew they didn't have permission and went ahead and came on my farm anyway. I've even called the game warden on a neighbor kid who shot a deer on my side of the fence, with me watching, and then lied and said it was on his side when he shot it, and it ran to my side and died. I gave the little azzhole 3 times to admit what he did, and when he kept lying, I turned him in the warden. I once took some guys to court who went into a cave and dug for arrowheads.......something that is illegal here anyway.

It's not that I'm difficult to deal with, because I don't think I am. It's like I told one trespasser...............how would you like it if I came into your yard and rutted the place up like you've done to my field. He didn't have the balls to answer. I look at it this way......I paid for land with my sweat and hard work, I pay the taxes on it, I'm responsible for the upkeep, and I can get sued if someone gets hurt on my land, so I damn well have the right to say who can and who can't set foot on it.
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
My rancher friend put signs up all around his property saying Sportsman welcome please take care of my land. Government and environmental types stay out. He said he had very few problems after that and even had hunters stop by the house and tell him when there was a problem with a cow.

Bb
I know that guy! Twouldn't want to be on the bad side of him or his boy...
There are many ways to deal with trespassers and terrorist, but first thing is knowing who the are, and cameras work best, if you have much land, place them at turnaround and field entrances, another one is to know your neighbors, share cell numbers so up can help one another out, I treat others as they treat me, if they want to be f~cktards I walk away and let the 911 guys deal with them, I take their pictures each and everyone and licence plates and keep them on file.
Our biggest problem are the Amish, they are like cleaning a corn coup of rats, but they go to jail just like white folks. Mostly its folks that pissed up a shot on a buck, and we help them find it and send them down the road.
This smacks of eco terrorists. Like others said they need to be buried in the cornfields when caught.

There is little respect anymore of personal property.

Maybe. But, I think those terrorists are all about maximum impact, headlines, and numbers. Shock value, if you will.

The Radical Left, however has a long history of doing these little sneaky, chitty things to stick it to anyone they don't agree with. (Spiking trees so they mess up saw mills, arson of homes being built, vandalism of new car lots selling gas vehicles, destroying oil field infrastructure.... on and on...

I firmly believe this is liberals.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
That... Just no excuse to do stuff like that...

Maybe. But, I think those terrorists are all about maximum impact, headlines, and numbers. Shock value, if you will.

The Radical Left, however has a long history of doing these little sneaky, chitty things to stick it to anyone they don't agree with. (Spiking trees so they mess up saw mills, arson of homes being built, vandalism of new car lots selling gas vehicles, destroying oil field infrastructure.... on and on...

I firmly believe this is liberals.

Don't doubt what you are saying, just can't wrap my head around the why. Why go fugg up a farmers equipment? Because they are registered Republican? Or is it some environmental thing?
Game cameras.

There's no place to put them unless you're going to run a stake into the ditch to hang them on. That country mostly doesn't have fences and the farmers are looping around the telephone poles to farm part of the ditch. It's open, flat, and large parcels of land. Sad to say, but, you'd be replacing stolen cameras faster that you could put them in place.
Originally Posted by nemotheangler

Don't doubt what you are saying, just can't wrap my head around the why. Why go fugg up a farmers equipment? Because they are registered Republican? Or is it some environmental thing?

It's what they do.

Both.

Yep. That would get ya shot here.
Originally Posted by horse1
Game cameras.

There's no place to put them unless you're going to run a stake into the ditch to hang them on. That country mostly doesn't have fences and the farmers are looping around the telephone poles to farm part of the ditch. It's open, flat, and large parcels of land. Sad to say, but, you'd be replacing stolen cameras faster that you could put them in place.

Trees.
In a corn field?
In a corn field?

Please don't be an idiot.

OUTSIDE/ALONGSIDE THE CORNFIELD. ALONG THE ROADS LEADING THERE.

HOT DAMN.. WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DRINKING THAT'S KILLING YOUR GREY MATTER????
Game cameras.

Lol.

Lighten up Francis.

I don't think you understand the vast size of most of the cornfields up this way.
It's a good thing that these vandals lack the imagination and/or intelligence to come up with effective ways to sabotage equipment. Putting a piece of steel or chain in the ground stops things immediately. Tying a green plastic bottle of battery acid to a cornstalk would be virtually impossible to see, plus it would fugg up the equipment slowly, and contaminate all the harvested corn.
Jerry
One time I came around a corner in the road at the upper end of Cougar Reservoir in Oregon on my way to meet my parents on a weekend camping trip. There were about 40 hippies on the bridge. One of them had a German Sheppard on a leash and he stopped me on a bridge, got right up at my window and started yelling at me. I set the handgun on the dash and just crept through the middle of them. I could see there were a bunch of them camped all around the creek at the upper end of the reservoir.

About a mile up the road I came to some road construction. I got out to stretch my legs and mentioned the mess downstream by the bridge to the flagger. She said they were coming up and pouring sand in the fuel tanks of their paving equipment and dump trucks. WTH would anybody do that? All they're doing is paving the road for crying out loud. The same crowd was stopping old people on the bridge and demanding a toll to get across. Generally terrorizing people.

Anyhow, I spent the weekend around the campfire carving a bat out of maple to carry in the truck. Was kinda hoping I'd have a chance to use it on the way home. I carved the name "Timbertown Tenderizer" into it. Met the same construction crew on the way out and they told me the feds came in and arrested 300 dirtbags over the weekend and cleaned the camp out. Sure enough, they were gone when I went thru.
Game cameras.

Lol.

Lighten up Francis.

I don't think you understand the vast size of most of the cornfields up this way.

They don't walk there, my friend.
Someone out to do that type of scumbag trickery would probably come in from a direction that's inconspicuous.

Maybe not though. Some aren't rocket surgeons.
What's wrong with catchin' boobies in a corn field?
Game cameras.

Lol.

Lighten up Francis.

I'm enjoying your idea that you could trail cam an area the size of farm country in America. My guess is that you own a trail cam manufacturer.

My son-in-law's father has about 100 acres that adjoins a wildlife management area. He has it very well posted. He takes the opposite approach. He goes utterly apeschit on them. He has yet to suffer retaliation. I reckon one day he just isn't going to come home.
In a corn field?

Seldom have trees along the road here. You might have an old tree claim a half mile away. Litchfield area has more trees but still not so many you could cover a 200 acre field easily. Besides, everyone there knows what's going on. Last time a guy got out of hand that I'm aware of his neighbors had a meeting with him outside the bar, all words, but problem solved.
I do hope someone catches them and gives them a permanent warning. That's the worst crap I can think of. That machinery costs a fortune to buy and maintain.
Originally Posted by rainshot
I do hope someone catches them and gives them a permanent warning. That's the worst crap I can think of. That machinery costs a fortune to buy and maintain.

You can bet there's farmers out at night in vantage points overlooking their crops now.

Seems to be about the best way to catch them in the act.
Game cameras.

Trees.

Schit, a lot of them places ain't got trees.
Need the cameras with wifi that send an image to your cell. It sores it and gives you real time pictures. Even if the detroy it you have the last pictures sent to you.
In a corn field?

The guy has 2000 acres of corn and beans. The only fuggin trees are around are power line poles. It's called the prairie.
How many fuggin trail cameras would you need to cover 2k acres and how long would they last strapped to a pole next to the road?
JFC SMFH
There is no way to camera that much ground. It will take pure luck to catch someone.
Game cameras.

Lol.

Lighten up Francis.

I'm enjoying your idea that you could trail cam an area the size of farm country in America. My guess is that you own a trail cam manufacturer.

Creativity is the key that opens the door to productivity.
Could be a little payback to the farmer screwing another farmers ol lady. Farmers are well known to being promiscuous. Another farmer would know how to screw the screwer.

There aren't any trees. It's gravel, grass to the bottom of the ditch, and the farmers swing their equipment out around the power-poles and farm to the bottom of the ditch. There's a few trees around farm yards, but that's really it. You could put your trail cams on the power poles, and have the power company remove them. You could put T-posts into the ditch, hang your cams on them and run the risk of someone running into your T-post thats on the public right-of-way.

160ac squares as far as the eye can see.
Game cameras.

Lol.

Lighten up Francis.

Following your logic, game cameras in the ocean will help stop illegal Cubans and drugs from entering.

There aren't any trees. It's gravel, grass to the bottom of the ditch, and the farmers swing their equipment out around the power-poles and farm to the bottom of the ditch. There's a few trees around farm yards, but that's really it. You could put your trail cams on the power poles, and have the power company remove them. You could put T-posts into the ditch, hang your cams on them and run the risk of someone running into your T-post thats on the public right-of-way.

WTF are you talking about, Local Dirt knows everything, just ask him. Amazing how provincial some people are, which is ok, but Local Dirt considers it a badge of honor. In Minnesota we call that STUPID.
There must be places where they are arriving to do the deed.

Just need to find out how far into the field they are placing the traps then place as best as one can 2 or cameras.

Even if they see one and take it odds are their picture would be on one of the others.

We placed a few on my place just for pictures of mule deer,just to see when and where if/maybe they were coming on the place.

In one camera we had pictures of 2 worthless guys that broke into the mother in laws trailer.

The SO got their pictures off the sd card and they were no longer a problem,they were from a house about 3/4 mile from here.

Even had a close up of the older of the 2.
A friend in the country had a neighbor with an adult son who should have been a squirt down his Mama's leg. He took his jacked up 4X4 and backed up into my buddie's garden and proceeded to bury it. Got it out before John got home, but with muddy tracks to the neighbor's house across the road a ways. Next fall as the neighbor tried to combine his beans some old used fence came up out of the ground tangled up in the bean head. John just smiled. The 4X4 doesn't leave the road any more. I think they may have sold it to make repairs on the combine. Sometimes things happen for a reason, like a farmer visits the neighbor when only the wife is home. Next fall things come up in the corn head and cost big bucks. Or the new son looks a lot like his neighbor. Be Well, Rustyzipper.
Local Dirt,

I apologize for my earlier comments. My gray matter is obviously lacking compared to yours. Which tree would you recommend that I put a trail camera on? Thank you for your assistance.

[Linked Image from mnprairieroots.files.wordpress.com]
This is why we never chew out trespassers. Impossible to watch over everything and if you get some weirdo manbitch all butthurt they might come back and shoot a cow or vandalize equipment.The biggest problem with having a little land is fuuckhead people.
If you don't talk mean to them what do you do? I sort of politely tell them to leave now and if you come back I will get a warrant for your arrest. Then, if I know them I send them a letter describing the property and telling them not to enter for any purpose. This is what I advised land owners/leasers to do in my 30 years of being a game warden. I've never had a cow shot,but I did have a water trough and a 4 wheeler shot by the same person. But the sheriff came out and killed him.
We always tell them that it's okay to hunt but you have to walk.

No wheelers or pickups.

The walking part usually stumps them and they leave.

It actually works out pretty good.

We aren't the 'bad guy' and they are too lazy to hunt.

My folks get quite a few people who actually stop in the yard and ask and they get the same treatment.

Walk in only.

Pastures away from home it's impossible to regulate.
Originally Posted by Hastings
I've never had a cow shot,but I did have a water trough and a 4 wheeler shot by the same person. But the sheriff came out and killed him.

It's always good to be tight with the local Sheriff.

That's the point. You're not following my logic. Don't try. You're not capable
Originally Posted by Girlhunter

WTF are you talking about, Local Dirt knows everything, just ask him. Amazing how provincial some people are, which is ok, but Local Dirt considers it a badge of honor. In Minnesota we call that STUPID.

Speaking of stupid provincial, not everybody lives in Minnesota, genius.
Local Dirt,

I apologize for my earlier comments. My gray matter is obviously lacking compared to yours. Which tree would you recommend that I put a trail camera on? Thank you for your assistance.

I've seen pictures recently that you posted where you were working your fields and there were trees not far from where you were in your machine.

It's no problem, though. I don't really care that much at this point. But, congratulations on digging up a picture that will fit your narrative.

But this post is ABOUT Minnesota and you have all the ideas in the world, then state that not everybody lives in Minnesota.

But this post is ABOUT Minnesota and you have all the ideas in the world, then state that not everybody lives in Minnesota.

I usually don't send somebody to ignore at 5 post, but congratulations.
Local Dirt,

I've seen pictures recently that you posted where you were working your fields and there were trees not far from where you were in your machine.

It's no problem, though. I don't really care that much at this point. But, congratulations on digging up a picture that will fit your narrative.

I have NO idea what you are talking about, but ok.

PS: The picture doesn't fit my narrative, it fits the locale.

PSS: Get tested for dementia.
Must be a yankee thing. I've never heard of a corn field being booby trapped down south.

Every now and then somebody will find a watermelon in their garden that's been fugged,....but that's about it.

I usually don't send somebody to ignore at 5 post, but congratulations.

I bet ALL women put you on ignore in 5 seconds. God lord, it's impressive how stupid you are.

I bet ALL women put you on ignore in 5 seconds. God lord, it's impressive how stupid you are.

How many cats you got?

You seem like a person who's never been much over 25Mi from "home".
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Must be a yankee thing. I've never heard of a corn field being booby trapped down south.

Every now and then somebody will find a watermelon in their garden that's been fugged,....but that's about it.

Never heard of it either outside of stories of fields with dope in the middle. Kinda the point of posting this.

You seem like a person who's never been much over 25Mi from "home".

Now THAT'S funny. smile

Keep feeding the insight. It's enlightening.

Laughing.
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Never heard of it either outside of stories of fields with dope in the middle. Kinda the point of posting this.

I never heard of it until last week when those two stories popped up. I searched agri-terrorism and sadly it's a thing in the midwest.

Aw C'mon now. LD is a good guy. He's just "mis-thinking" this one.
Originally Posted by RMerta
Could be a little payback to the farmer screwing another farmers ol lady. Farmers are well known to being promiscuous. Another farmer would know how to screw the screwer.

Story made the round here several years ago about these 2 brothers who were farmers. They had a neighbor, a soldier on deployment, who had a wife and daughter that these two brothers got just a little bit too friendly with while he was gone. When the soldier, a Special Forces guy, came back and found out about the hanky panky that had been going on, strange things began happening to the farmers. They had cattle to die, a barn to burn, and equipment that was sabotaged. Even though they knew who was doing it, they were not able to prove a thing.

Farmers are no different from anyone else, in that a piece of puzzy can make anyone do stupid things.......and sometimes there is a cost attached to it as well.
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Story made the round here several years ago about these 2 brothers who were farmers. They had a neighbor, a soldier on deployment, who had a wife and daughter that these two brothers got just a little bit too friendly with while he was gone. When the soldier, a Special Forces guy, came back and found out about the hanky panky that had been going on, strange things began happening to the farmers. They had cattle to die, a barn to burn, and equipment that was sabotaged. Even though they knew who was doing it, they were not able to prove a thing.

Farmers are no different from anyone else, in that a piece of puzzy can make anyone do stupid things.......and sometimes there is a cost attached to it as well.

Trail cameras would change the outcome today.
© 24hourcampfire