Home
Posted By: slumlord I've been tweaking all day - 11/21/19
Did some tweaking today. I'm a habitual stand burner and stand mover.
Have one corner of the homeplace, about 65 acres of oaks, never really hunt this corner, it backs up around my uncle's house. He's a little put off by the comings/goings of hunters. I secretly thinks he likes to walk around all nudy-butt from his hot tub out on the deck and back inside.
Whatever. Idgaf

Anyway, made a scout plunge into this patch of woods, as my hunch was right- it was like when the nazis found anne frank & co.
Flushed a dozen+ whitetails out of bedding area.

Moved this spare swivel-pod I had at the house into position.

Had to chainsaw my way in on a few sharp bends coming through about 30 acres open woods. Lol
Like a redneck version of moving the space shuttle.

Sat is centerfire opener, ho hum. Been out several days straight with muzzleloader. Supposed to washout tomorrow and into Sat morn.
Good enough, should quell any remnant of human intrusion. Even at 50 yards, the stand is enveloped quickly into the background.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Posted By: Gus Re: I've been tweaking all day - 11/21/19
i just love it when i have to chainsaw my way in.

actually around here a brush cutter would be easier on the nervous system.

it's thickets on top of thickets. i love the open woods. you'll have a great place to look.
I'm really glad this didn't say twerking wink
Uncle Flash surely knows you back there now after running the pop saw.
Nice Pro-staff Whitetails Unlimited Edition Polaris Ranger!
Hey Slum, you are right if it wasnt.for the tire tracks I wouldnt have found it. It blends in real good. BTW what is the woods vehicle?
89 nissan pathfinder

been saying since 1995 that I need to put a roll bar in it; it's adult driven now. I operate it quite a bit different now. lol

Posted By: BangPop Re: I've been tweaking all day - 11/22/19
The paint on your vehicle needs some work. Just sayin'.
A touch of bondo here n there wouldn't hurt either.
The back is 811 B4U-Dig sewer green

grins
Posted By: hookeye Re: I've been tweaking all day - 11/22/19
Paint was an option
Posted By: rong Re: I've been tweaking all day - 11/22/19
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Prolly road legal in Tennesee too.
Had a '90 Pathflounder. It was a good capable little rig but was good and beat and rusty. Gave it to a buddy and the tranny went. Apparently a standard is the way to go if you can find one the autos aren't known as the best. I flushed the tranny a time or two zero problems. My buddy did not.
OK here's what I see. Mount that stand to the truck. Weld on to each frame corner then being the stand moving tweaker you are, you'll be set. Do it slummy take pics. You'll be my hero for sure and prolly an internet sensation, the sponsorships be rollin in! grin
Looks like it does a good job.
Originally Posted by rong
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Prolly road legal in Tennesee too.

Man I got chased by the po po just riding my polaris scrambler on the hard top. Five-O ain't no joke here. That was Stewart Co though, they are civil forfeiture whores over there.
Originally Posted by Salty303
OK here's what I see. Mount that stand to the truck. Weld on to each frame corner then being the stand moving tweaker you are, you'll be set. Do it slummy take pics. You'll be my hero for sure and prolly an internet sensation, the sponsorships be rollin in! grin

My old man is addicted to Gov.deals.com.

Told him to get us a bucket truck.

Fuggin Condor 150 would be bad-ass.

Now that is the way to go. Perfect portable deer stand.
Do it Slum man do it! 👍👍👍
Originally Posted by Texczech

Now that is the way to go. Perfect portable deer stand.
Do it Slum man do it! 👍👍👍

Sounds like a good contri for the Deathtrap thread. Haha

If our thickets weren't so saplinged out...I would've done it 15 yrs back when they were briars. Like this.

Here's a pic of the thickets about 12 years back. Ode to photobucket.

That's what the back side of our farm looks like.
Hopefully ours will be better.before spring.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Did some tweaking today. I'm a habitual stand burner and stand mover.
Have one corner of the homeplace, about 65 acres of oaks, never really hunt this corner, it backs up around my uncle's house. He's a little put off by the comings/goings of hunters. I secretly thinks he likes to walk around all nudy-butt from his hot tub out on the deck and back inside.
Whatever. Idgaf

Anyway, made a scout plunge into this patch of woods, as my hunch was right- it was like when the nazis found anne frank & co.
Flushed a dozen+ whitetails out of bedding area.

Moved this spare swivel-pod I had at the house into position.

Had to chainsaw my way in on a few sharp bends coming through about 30 acres open woods. Lol
Like a redneck version of moving the space shuttle.

Sat is centerfire opener, ho hum. Been out several days straight with muzzleloader. Supposed to washout tomorrow and into Sat morn.
Good enough, should quell any remnant of human intrusion. Even at 50 yards, the stand is enveloped quickly into the background.

Told ya......
The SW corner....
Posted By: sawbuck Re: I've been tweaking all day - 11/22/19
Why would you spend all day shaking your ass?
Originally Posted by sawbuck

Youre thinking of twerking. Like that hannah montana be doing

You thinking of the wrecking ball.....
Good luck in your new honey hole.
Posted By: sawbuck Re: I've been tweaking all day - 11/22/19

Oh yeah, I skipped breakfast and went straight to wild turkey.
© 24hourcampfire