Home
This smarmy article tries to rip your heart out:

https://www.france24.com/en/2019112...omic-weapons-nagasaki-nuclear-bomb-japan

Pope Francis traveled to Hiroshima and Nagasaki on Sunday to demand that world powers renounce their nuclear arsenals, declaring the use and possession of atomic bombs an “immoral” crime and a dangerous waste.

Standing before survivors of the 1945 U.S. atomic bombings, Francis denounced the steady erosion of arms control agreements and rejected the Cold War-era doctrine of deterrence that had been sanctioned by the Catholic Church for nearly three decades.

In the rain of Nagasaki and the silent darkness of Hiroshima, he urged political leaders to accept that true peace and international security cannot be built in a climate of distrust, but rather solidarity.

“The use of atomic energy for purposes of war is immoral,” the pope declared during a nighttime prayer at Hiroshima’s peace memorial. He added off-the-cuff, “As is the possession of atomic weapons.”

“We will be judged for this,” he warned.

Francis visited Hiroshima and Nagasaki during the first full day of a three-day trip to Japan aimed at emphasizing his call for a global ban on atomic weapons. Nagasaki was the perfect place to begin, the birthplace of Christianity in Japan where he could honor innocents killed in war as well as Christian missionaries and martyrs killed for their faith.

The mood there was somber, darkened by the downpour that drenched the terraced fields, the rice paddies and the hundreds of Japanese who came out in plastic raincoats to witness the second pope to pay his respects after St. John Paul II in 1981.

The scene was equally as restrained in Hiroshima, where a brief round of applause when Francis arrived punctured an otherwise quiet night. After a gong signaled a moment of silence and Francis lit a candle of peace, two survivors offered their testimony about the “demonic” atom bomb.

“No one in this world can imagine such a scene of hell,” said Yoshiko Kajimoto, who was 14 at the time and was working in a factory 2.3 kilometers (1.4 miles) north of ground zero when the blue light of the bomb tore through the windows, collapsing the building on top of her.

Standing solemnly before Francis, she described what she saw along the evacuation route:

“There were more and more people coming by. Their bodies were so burned and totally red. Their faces swollen to double size, their lips hanging loose, with both hands held out with burnt skin hanging from them. They no longer looked human.”

Kajimoto had two-thirds of her stomach removed in 1999 because of cancer, and now suffers from leukemia. “I work hard to bear witness that we must not use such demonic atomic bombs again, nor let anyone in the world endure such suffering,” she said.

“Do we still need nuclear even after you see all of this?” she asked. “Each one of us can only do so much.”

Her testimony clearly had an impact on Francis, whose own emotional reaction to images of the Nagasaki aftermath prompted him last year to print up thousands of pocket-sized copies of a photograph of a young Nagasaki boy carrying his dead brother on his back that was taken by
American military photographer Joe O’Donnel.

Francis had the words “The fruit of war” printed on the image, and a poster-sized copy was on display in Nagasaki, where Francis met with the photographer’s son, Tyge, an invited guest.
He is wrong. The majority of scholars agree that the bombs saved millions of lives. My father, a US Marine in WWII, probably would not have survived an invasion of mainland Japan.
The idea of a pope lecturing on morality is ridiculous to the point of hilarity.
And Pearl Harbor was a bingo game I guess....
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
The idea of a pope lecturing on morality is ridiculous to the point of hilarity.

What he said. The old goat was probably looking for little boys while there.

The bomb has kept the commies from rolling over more borders.

that is so right on ...I have to give it a +1......bob
Too bad he wasn't there in 1945.
we need to now drop a few more A Bombs

the pope does not represent god....the pope does not speak for god.....god doesn't speak to the pope anymore than he speaks to me..

the things the popes have turned a blind eye to......makes anything they have to say...meaningless...…

if god picked popes to speak and represent him....he made a pretty poor choice...…..bob
Originally Posted by Lennie
He is wrong. The majority of scholars agree that the bombs saved millions of lives. My father, a US Marine in WWII, probably would not have survived an invasion of mainland Japan.

My dad was in the P I and I am glad he came home alive.

The rape of Nanking, and the Bataan death march were immoral.

Curtis Lemay made some of the hardest decisions ever made when he determined upon low level fire bombing.
They dropped warning leaflets telling them to flee.
Our Hands were fairly clean.
The Japs were godless savages.
See, it works out because the Japs are Shinto.
In war, the victors write the history. I would agree that many sickening and brutal atrocities were committed by the Japanese.

Quoting President Truman,

In a radio broadcast on the night of August 9, 1945, hours after the U.S. dropped the second atomic bomb on Japan, President Harry S. Truman linked the use of the bomb to the treatment by the Japanese of American prisoners of war: “Having found the bomb we have used it. We have used it against those who attacked us without warning at Pearl Harbor, against those who have starved and beaten and executed American prisoners of war, against those who have abandoned all pretense of obeying international laws of warfare. We have used it in order to shorten the agony of war, in order to save the lives of thousands and thousands of young Americans.” In a letter two days later, Truman wrote, “nobody is more disturbed over the use of Atomic bombs than I am, but I was greatly disturbed by the unwarranted attack by the Japanese on Pearl Harbor and their murder of our prisoners of war.”
Pope, what a joke. Pope Pius VII made deals with the devil (Hitler’s Nazi Party) in return for no looting of the Vatican. Prior to end of WWII he helped Nazi war criminals escape to South America. That would include Josef Mengele among other notorious monsters. So much for the Pope’s lectures, he should hang his head in shame and shut his mouth regarding that era and time.
Suppose Truman had not authorzied the bomb. Suppose the war had then lasted only a year more, with 100,000 more American deaths.

What do you suppose the reaction would have been when it was found out that Truman had caused 100,000 Americans to die because he "pulled his punches' in the war?

But don't ask me. Ask the crew of the USS Arizona. That ship is still on active duty. You see, you cannot decommission a US Navy ship while it has a full crew on board.

And ask this pope how many millions died because a previous pope refused to ask his followers to oppose Hitler.
Somehow I doubt that those who fought at Okinawa would share his opinion.

What a silly old twat this pope is. He sounds more like an American college professor than the spiritual leader of a religion.

The Catholics should put him out to pasture like they did that last one, the one who looked like the Emperor on Star Wars.
What about population explosions?.
"Pope Francis traveled to Hiroshima and Nagasaki on Sunday to demand that world powers renounce their nuclear arsenals, declaring the use and possession of atomic bombs an “immoral” crime and a dangerous waste. "

Looks like the only people who took notice are those looking to cheap shot the Catholic church.

(A religious figure not in favor of nuclear holocaust, imagine that!)

Absolutely, my grandfather was also an island hopping combat Marine who very often expressed the huge casualties we would have taken trying to storm Japan. Even as a lifelong devout Ukrainian Catholic church member, i know he wouldnt have agreed with the pope on this one
Originally Posted by nighthawk
"Pope Francis traveled to Hiroshima and Nagasaki on Sunday to demand that world powers renounce their nuclear arsenals, declaring the use and possession of atomic bombs an “immoral” crime and a dangerous waste. "

Looks like the only people who took notice are those looking to cheap shot the Catholic church.

Perhaps it is time to take a close look at the core motives of the German "boar in the vineyard"?

.......... Right on. One of my late uncles was a young marine in the Pacific theater. He was there less than a year before the Japanese surrender. Had we invaded the Japanese mainland I'm sure he would have been among those doing it. Harry Truman saved a lot of American lives and I'm sure his decision took into account all of the Japanese atrocities that they inflicted on anyone and everyone that wasn't on their side. We would have lost one hell of a lot of our troops invading Japan.
I got nothing against Catholics. Some of the finest men I knew growing up were catholic. They practiced what was preached.

Now the leadership....

A religious figure dipping his little pedophilic toes into global politics. Imagine that?

Cheap shot? If a global figure makes a public statement, it opens the door for comment no? Or shall we shuffle his statements, maybe reassign them to other areas?

not a cheap shot...right on the money...….popes in glass cathedrals shouldn't throw rocks...….bob
Originally Posted by Robert_White
Perhaps it is time to take a close look at the core motives of the German "boar in the vineyard"?

"Bergoglio" is German?
A religious figure dipping his little pedophilic toes into global politics. Imagine that?

Now that is just silly.

Cheap shot? If a global figure makes a public statement, it opens the door for comment no? Or shall we shuffle his statements, maybe reassign them to other areas?

Or maybe ignore it like the vast majority of Catholics do, beyond agreeing that blowing up the world would be an evil thing?
A goofball Communist for Pope.

Be bombed those Nips, and save an estimated 100,000 American deaths that would have been caused by the invasion of Japan.
Jap deaths would have easily exceeded 1,000,000. It was the most humane way to end that War from Hell.
Go get 'em, Pope. You are a fool.
Yeah he’s also a climatologist among other things, who new must be divine intervention. Maybe he can tell us what earth’s temperature will be in 2120 or maybe he can ask his Cardinal personnel assistant to fetch a new roll of toilet paper. I guess he’s human after all.
Yeah, all that love and mercy and forgiveness stuff went to his head. Actually the pope, and the Church as a whole, has somewhere between little and no direct effect on political opinion so who really cares.
The Japs had their chance to surrender, they didn't, tough chit! We should have dropped the bomb on the ChiComs at Chosin! Maybe Pope Francis should pay more attention to his pedophile priests!
I always say you should stick to what you know. Think the Pope has been out of his driving lane for quite a while. He should stay out of politics and stick with salvation.
In 2017, there were a total of 414,582 Catholic priests. How many do you figure were pedophiles?

The allegations were substantiated for 1,872 priests which calculates out to 0.45 percent.
In 2017, there were a total of 414,582 Catholic priests. How many do you figure were pedophiles?

The allegations were substantiated for 1,872 priests which calculates out to 0.000045 percent.

a lot
Didn't click, did you. Dare ya!
The Japanese should thank God that we used the nuclear bombs to end the war. It saved millions from pointlessly dying.
This guy is the anti pope.... Do Catholics have a means of firing a pope?
I wonder what El Papa would be saying right now if the Nazi Krauts or the Japs had developed the A-bomb before we did? You can be damn sure he wouldn't have the freedom to criticize them. Before he runs around and labels things as immoral he needs to study history. Kraut concentration camps and the Jap's massacres of indigenous people were immoral. The deployment of the a-bomb to end those atrocities, it can be argued, was a very moral thing to do. Not deploying it and allowing the continuance of genocide and ethnic annihilation would be truly immoral.
Priest should stick with what they do best.......molesting kids and covering it up. Sick bastards all should be electrocuted.
Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's and give unto God what is God’s. War belongs to Caesar not God.
Screw you pope " feel good".....
The A Bomb and all the testing of em after Hiroshima and Nagasaki
gave us Godzilla!!!!
The Catholic church has killed more people through history than those 2 bombs

EXACTAMUNDO.

And besides, for their treatment of our POWs I would have turned that whole [bleep] island into a sheet of glass.
I wonder if anyone considers how much death and destruction the existence of nuclear weapons has prevented. Since the development of nuclear weapons there has been no direct military confrontation between super powers. There has been no direct action between the U.S., the U.S.S.R or Russia or China. There have been a bunch of proxy wars, but no direct massive conflicts such as WWI or WWII.
The Pope is a Pharisee at best.
Originally Posted by Reloder28
The Pope is a Pharisee at best.

Nope, not at all. A Pharisee followed the law of Moses. While having pretensions to superior sanctity but not changing the law in any way.

This guy thinks he speaks with the voice of Christ. The dogma of Papal infallibility, which means changing stuff willy-nilly.
Hmm, I wonder how the Pope feels about Joshua and the Canaanites? Didn't God supposedly order that massacre.
Pedophiles sharing pedofiie images. Enough said. But some way they are above the law and can't be held accountable
Originally Posted by saskfox
Pedophiles sharing pedofiie images. Enough said. But some way they are above the law and can't be held accountable

Same Pope who said information from nuns and priests about sexual abuse should be reported to the church, not police. Gotta give the church some time to tidy up.

https://apnews.com/ae64aa69d90043caaa38e52ee58eae2c
Do the crime do the time. Simple.
In Canada the amount of sexual abuse by the Catholic church to our First Nations people is sickening
Child sexual abuse by Catholic clergy [and people associated with the church at children's homes,orphanages etc]
is rampant around the globe.

bad enough in 1st world countries, one can just imagine what they did in the 3rd world countries.
Originally Posted by Starman

Child sexual abuse by Catholic clergy [and church associated people] is rampant around the globe.

bad enough in 1st world countries, one can just imagine what they did in the the 3rd world countries.

No wonder our First Nations people hate us.
Originally Posted by 1Longbow

Ouch ! That's going to leave a mark, sad but true. If the Pope had the honor of a Japanese toad, he would have removed himself years ago, what the Catholic Hierarchy has done and condoned is beyond the pale. He a typical liberal, lives in a craphole, surrounded by crap, with crappy ideals and crappy integrity, but sticks his nose in the air and sniffs around other people, insinuating they smell funny....

HE will be judged, and it won't be pretty, IMO

I'm not Catholic, but I've had respect for some of the other Popes, even though I don't buy the ideology that the Pope is divine and Infallible, that's a bunch of horse apples, but this guy is a lying, thieving, petty, communist POS, that nobody could rationally defend.
Originally Posted by saskfox
I don't believe pedophile accurately describes what is going on. Most of the sex abuse seems to be with post puberty boys which being illegal, even if they are underage is not pedophilia. The issue is homos predominating the priesthood (along with a bunch of alcoholism). It is called pedophilia instead of homosexuality because a lot of the straight population is fine with homo relationships and also Pope Francisco knows what a large portion of his crew is homo. If they start making an issue of homosexuality in the clergy a bunch of priests will have to hit the road. And whoever posted that extremely low percent of errant priests surely knows a very small sliver of actual sex crime is reported.
The Pope needs to bone up on his history.
]
Originally Posted by 1Longbow

At the peak of their tyrant despotism power days, RCC would have used an atomic bomb on their rivals
had the tech been available. ..but purely for righteous reasons... whistle
All those Jap kiddies killed before Catholic priests could bugger em.
RCC didn't believe in killing those it could successfully enslave and exploit.

What better arrangement could they have than the parents of the children they are molesting
are not only supplying the chidren but also keep putting in the collection plate?

When a local old stone church burned down some yrs ago the diocese didn't ask for money from the overflowing
coffers of the fat -cat Vatican , but went scabbing off the working class parishioners to pay for the restoration..LOL.

The allegations were substantiated for 1,872 priests which calculates out to 0.000045 percent.

its how they handled it......or how they didn't handle it...….bob
Nighthawk does not mention the clergy that didn't get caught, or the clergy that protected or tuned a blind eye
to the sexual offences of their fellow clergy, nor does nighthawk mention the number of known offences and number
of known victims.

Most sexual assault cases in society don't get reported, it would not be any different with the offences of clergy on children.

there's also no shortage of in denial delusional dipschitts ready to stand by the RCC.
How do you know there's any that didn't get caught? If you knew of them they would be caught.

And still it's up to the victim to report a crime to the criminal justice system. Unless they want to sue under the civil justice system and hope to hit the jackpot or at least a quick settlement before their case completely falls apart. Nah, that never happens.

There's no shortage of irrational dipshits who enjoy running around with their hair on fire spouting unfounded assumptions as fact and ignoring real facts.
John Feit.
I have learned to really hate this communist, anti American pope. The Catholic Church hit a new low with this azzhole
https://giphy.com/gifs/see-snot-grossest-A3NVFew050dPy
What does anyone expect? There are fewer and fewer practicing Catholics (and also Protestants) in the West every year. The only growth comes from third world countries. So increasingly you are going to get cardinals and popes who do not share our values.

A related problem in the West is that there are fewer and fewer new priests and almost no new nuns. They are considering trying to partially solve this by allowing priests to marry.
pity
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I have learned to really hate this communist, anti American pope. The Catholic Church hit a new low with this azzhole

So,. when does he start speaking about God and Salvation?

Seems to me, all he ever speaks about are progressive liberal ideology. ??
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Priest should stick with what they do best.......molesting kids and covering it up. Sick bastards all should be electrocuted.

I agree with this!
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

I agree with this!

grin grin
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Here ya go, Roger.
thanks
Talk about walking a mile in the other man's shoes. Harry Truman in the Rose Garden thinking of what to do.
regarding pope francis, i am a cradle catholic and catholic with a small c. There are many forms of catholicism. I started having trouble with the structure probably by eighth grade. Fond of telling a friend of mine who is a former catholic, that 40k population he now attends wouldn't be there is the structure of the church would be different.
Francis is at heart a jesuit south american revolutionary socialist/communist. He is NOT my friend.
my ex catholic friend i was telling the other day in grade school the bishop attended and we had to stand in a line, bow down and kiss his ring.
I remember thinking at the time what made him so important?
Actually,if you want to know the truth, most Catholics think taking political advice from the pope makes slightly less sense than taking theological advice from a politician. But it's much more fun to jump up and down yelling silly bleep.
Perhaps we should’ve dropped it on Tokyo and taken the Emperor out too. The fire bombing of the Japanese mainland already reduced the city to ashes and the population by hundreds of thousands.

The Japanese treated POW’s and civilians with an immoral brutality rarely seen in the civilized world and my sympathies for them during a war they started are non-existent....those monsters viewed themselves as superior to every other race so their total annihilation would’ve been fine too. They’re lucky we were as moral as we were....

The pope can kiss my white, redneck ass. He’s an insignificant moron.....with that said though I would expect all religious leaders to condemn war. I don’t think Christ would encourage his children to kill each other. The exception to that rule are the Islamic goatfuckers. Their leaders relish war, death and barbarity and encourage the killing of others ....... that’s what sets the western world and mainstream religions apart from the barbarism that IS Islam.
One would think from reading this thread, the Catholic faith was on a par with Stalin...
And I fall for it every time crazy I don't care about the name calling, it's the massive irrationality that comes with it that makes me crazy.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
One would think from reading this thread, the Catholic faith was on a par with Stalin...

Yup, Pope is just upset he doesn't have a couple..........
If the US should not have used the atomic bomb, why did it take 2 to get the attention of the Japs? Son of a Guadalcanal Marine asking.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Perhaps we should’ve dropped it on Tokyo and taken the Emperor out too. The fire bombing of the Japanese mainland already reduced the city to ashes and the population by hundreds of thousands.

The Japanese treated POW’s and civilians with an immoral brutality rarely seen in the civilized world and my sympathies for them during a war they started are non-existent....those monsters viewed themselves as superior to every other race so their total annihilation would’ve been fine too. They’re lucky we were as moral as we were....

The pope can kiss my white, redneck ass. He’s an insignificant moron.....with that said though I would expect all religious leaders to condemn war. I don’t think Christ would encourage his children to kill each other. The exception to that rule are the Islamic goatfuckers. Their leaders relish war, death and barbarity and encourage the killing of others ....... that’s what sets the western world and mainstream religions apart from the barbarism that IS Islam.
total annihilation .... no, i wouldn't have my best friend.
The pope hates America and Americans so he can just shut up.
I will say this - I am a 48 year old Gen X er. I am also a Catholic. I lost a Great Uncle in WW2. I have visited the Hiroshima Peace Park, I was a teenaged cellist touring with one of the best youth orchestra’s in the world, The Greater Boston Youth Symphony Orchestra. 1989. I met a Jap zero Ace, in the side smoking rooms of the ‘museum’. That’s in effect like meeting a dinosaur or a ghost. Our dialogue was labored and took much time through mutual translation dictionaries/handbooks. He had come to see what American Youth were like; maybe to speak with one. So he said. He was the last of his entire family and bloodline. All had perished in The Bomb. I made an apology, not knowing what was called for, at that time in my life. He answered that no apology was necessary, and that he had been treated much better and more fairly as a POW (from midway I believe) than would have been afforded one of our own pilots. In adulthood, my conclusion is they got what they had coming to them. But man, they got a lot. Those bombs are bad news.
The Japs chose war so we gave them all we could. If they didn’t like it they shouldn’t have attacked us and should have surrendered earlier. Now that they are better off than ever thanks to our kindness and generosity they have the gall to complain about the atomic bombs! Ungrateful bastards. They should thank God that we used the bomb to end the war, because it saved tens of millions who would have died of starvation and resisting our invasion.
Originally Posted by ConradCA
The Japs chose war so we gave them all we could. If they didn’t like it they shouldn’t have attacked us and should have surrendered earlier. Now that they are better off than ever thanks to our kindness and generosity they have the gall to complain about the atomic bombs! Ungrateful bastards. They should thank God that we used the bomb to end the war, because it saved tens of millions who would have died of starvation and resisting our invasion.

I agree. Completely and complicity. But it doesn’t take the hell out of the vehicle.

They are all part of the same hypocrisy.

I normally stay out of the religious threads, but....
Stalin was a rank amateur compared to the number of deaths the RCC is responsible for over recorded history.

I would wager more people have been killed in the name of religions than for any other root cause. Few religions are blameless.
Originally Posted by Rossimp
Pope, what a joke. Pope Pius VII made deals with the devil (Hitler’s Nazi Party) in return for no looting of the Vatican. Prior to end of WWII he helped Nazi war criminals escape to South America. That would include Josef Mengele among other notorious monsters. So much for the Pope’s lectures, he should hang his head in shame and shut his mouth regarding that era and time.

This is correct history.
How do you know there's any that didn't get caught? If you knew of them they would be caught.

And still it's up to the victim to report a crime to the criminal justice system. Unless they want to sue under the civil justice system and hope to hit the jackpot or at least a quick settlement before their case completely falls apart. Nah, that never happens.

There's no shortage of irrational dipshits who enjoy running around with their hair on fire spouting unfounded assumptions as fact and ignoring real facts.

I am a former catholic from a catholic family. Went to a catholic school until 10th grade. Was confirmed and married in the church.

Lane Fontenot was pastor of a church about 8 miles from the one we went to. And as common practice he was just sent to another diocese to prey on a new group of children. There were many other priest pedophiles/sex offenders in our area that have been outed in recent years but the diocese continues to cover for them. The bishops and cardinals should have been prosecuted for conspiracy. The lack of prosecution shows the power the church has.

This one is quite interesting. The priest is from my hometown. The bishop decided nothing was illegal because the girl was 16 and under canon law that is the age of consent. Imagine the outrage from catholics if the same was done under Sharia law.

From the article:

Msgr. Robie Robichaux was placed on leave in October 2018, after two women came forward accusing him of sexual misconduct when they were teenagers; the initial accuser went to the diocese in both 1994 and 2004. Despite her accusations, Robichaux was allowed to stay in ministry, work in schools, and was even promoted within the diocese to the post of judicial vicar. Robichaux was reported to police by the diocese late last week. Because the initial accuser was 16 years old at the time of the alleged abuse, in 2004 former Bishop Michael Jarrell sought advice from the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith about whether she was considered a minor or an adult.Under canon law, in 1979 someone who was 16 years old was considered an adult in the eyes of the church; under state law, she would have been considered a minor. Jarrell sided with the church.

To blame the victims is asinine. How many victim's parents did the church convince not to come forward? How many kids were too frightened? The priest had almost mystical powers over his congregation.

I know at least one that did not get caught, even though specifics were given to the diocese, but he is a popular priest with a big congregation.

There is no hatred towards catholics. Most of my family is still catholic. However I believe the church leadership is rotten to the core.

This was just reported today.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...a-0f8b-11ea-924c-b34d09bbc948_story.html

No, this pope doesn't need to be giving virtue-signaling morality lectures to anyone.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I wonder, did he also go to Nanking, China and denounce the brutality of the Japanese?
How do you know there's any that didn't get caught? ..

are you asserting all pedophile catholic clergy have been apprehended charged and convicted?

There's no shortage of irrational dipshits who enjoy running around with their hair on fire spouting unfounded assumptions
as fact and ignoring real facts.

so the 'real fact' according to you is that all offending RC clergy have been caught and convicted?

Originally Posted by Mike70560

Lane Fontenot was pastor ... And as common practice he was just sent to another diocese to prey on a new group of children.
There were many other priest pedophiles/sex offenders in our area that have been outed in recent years but the diocese
continues to cover for them.

That is the way the RCC has systematically operated around the globe, protect the offenders to protect the church
..just move them on to new areas/diocese and onto the unsuspecting.

Well Kajimoto, I guess your LEADERS shouldn't have fugged with us in the first place. Put the blame where it belongs.

That bomb could well have saved my late Navy veteran of WWII Dad's life. If not for the bomb I might not be here ranting.
Has the Pope condemned the Rape of Nanking? Pearl Harbor?

Originally Posted by Starman
How do you know there's any that didn't get caught? ..

are you asserting all pedophile catholic clergy have been apprehended charged and convicted?

I don't know, and that's the point. A lot of people throwing unproven and unprovable suppositions around as fact on this thread. Not to mention wholly irrelevant issues intended to do nothing but inflame.

... and ignoring real facts.

I don't know, and that's the point. ...

So you actually don't know what the 'real facts' are.

Oooh! Aren't we clever!
Originally Posted by stxhunter

I absolutely understand where you’re coming from and I wouldn’t want that either. Leighton seems like a great guy and I’m glad that you have your best friend, I wish many years of fun and hell-raising adventures for you guys. I thought his parents were in the USA during the war? I love his stories about his mom and dad and deeply respect his unabashed love and respect for his parents, it’s testament to being brought up right. I in no way meant any disrespect to Kamo or his family. In any case my hypothetical is based upon my attitude about war or fighting in general....you destroy your enemy totally and completely so that any threat that they posed is negated and you don’t have to watch your back when you turn around. If someone hits me first I’ll damn sure end it and ruin them in the process not stopping until they can’t get up. I lose my compassion quickly when I’ve been attacked. 😉

I also abhor what we did to US citizens based only on their ancestry. While on one hand I’d be for the destruction of our enemy, an enemy that drew first blood in a surprise attack, I don’t condone the internment camps they’re a stain on our history and didn’t help us. The unconstitutional use of internment camps on people of Japanese ancestry hurt us far more than it ever benefited us. Those camps did produce some of the greatest heroes of the Greatest Generation though....
At the time there was pretty much no other choice than to use the bomb. The Japanese were ruthless and murdered and mutilated the corpses of millions of people. Their cruelty and insanity is well documented. Nuclear weapons are horrific. That's why we need to keep them out of the hands of terrorists and particularly Islamists. Their political philosophy disguised as a religion makes them more likely to use it. It is insane that the democrats are willing to spread the knowledge about these weapons to people that would use them against us.

The Pope is a communist. He has no clue what he's talking about. The Catholic Church hierarchy fell from grace long ago and continues to drag the church down..
My dads side of the family were all catholic. I was married in the catholic church. We had a family reunion in August of this year and by my guess at least 80% kicked the church to the curb and promised never to go back. The pope talks out of both sides of his mouth on just about every issue. They are pro immigration yet Vatican City is totally walled off. I hope they get sued into bankruptcy and lose all the billions they have accumulated in the name of "God"
I know a lot of Catholics and I’m not sure they give much of a damn about the pope and most of the ones I know think he’s behind the times but they seem to, for some reason, like the idea of a pope. 🙄
Originally Posted by stxhunter

I absolutely understand where you’re coming from and I wouldn’t want that either. Leighton seems like a great guy and I’m glad that you have your best friend, I wish many years of fun and hell-raising adventures for you guys. I thought his parents were in the USA during the war? I love his stories about his mom and dad and deeply respect his unabashed love and respect for his parents, it’s testament to being brought up right. I in no way meant any disrespect to Kamo or his family. In any case my hypothetical is based upon my attitude about war or fighting in general....you destroy your enemy totally and completely so that any threat that they posed is negated and you don’t have to watch your back when you turn around. If someone hits me first I’ll damn sure end it and ruin them in the process not stopping until they can’t get up. I lose my compassion quickly when I’ve been attacked. 😉

I also abhor what we did to US citizens based only on their ancestry. While on one hand I’d be for the destruction of our enemy, an enemy that drew first blood in a surprise attack, I don’t condone the internment camps they’re a stain on our history and didn’t help us. The unconstitutional use of internment camps on people of Japanese ancestry hurt us far more than it ever benefited us. Those camps did produce some of the greatest heroes of the Greatest Generation though....

yes they were already here, but that was the first though i had when i read that. i didn't think you meant any disrespect and were just speaking in generality's.
Originally Posted by Mr_Harry
I will say this - I am a 48 year old Gen X er. I am also a Catholic. I lost a Great Uncle in WW2. I have visited the Hiroshima Peace Park, I was a teenaged cellist touring with one of the best youth orchestra’s in the world, The Greater Boston Youth Symphony Orchestra. 1989. I met a Jap zero Ace, in the side smoking rooms of the ‘museum’. That’s in effect like meeting a dinosaur or a ghost. Our dialogue was labored and took much time through mutual translation dictionaries/handbooks. He had come to see what American Youth were like; maybe to speak with one. So he said. He was the last of his entire family and bloodline. All had perished in The Bomb. I made an apology, not knowing what was called for, at that time in my life. He answered that no apology was necessary, and that he had been treated much better and more fairly as a POW (from midway I believe) than would have been afforded one of our own pilots. In adulthood, my conclusion is they got what they had coming to them. But man, they got a lot. Those bombs are bad news.

It was them or us...Ŧuck 'em.
Originally Posted by rainshot
At the time there was pretty much no other choice than to use the bomb. The Japanese were ruthless and murdered and mutilated the corpses of millions of people. Their cruelty and insanity is well documented. Nuclear weapons are horrific. That's why we need to keep them out of the hands of terrorists and particularly Islamists. Their political philosophy disguised as a religion makes them more likely to use it. It is insane that the democrats are willing to spread the knowledge about these weapons to people that would use them against us.

The Pope is a communist. He has no clue what he's talking about. The Catholic Church hierarchy fell from grace long ago and continues to drag the church down..

The clown is irrelevant, as is anything he says.

It all started with Constantine.
Those two nukes ended the war quickly, saving at least half and possibly all of Japan from a Soviet occupation.
My end all argument about whether are not we should have dropped the bombs is "Why did it take two bombs to get them to surrender"

Those little slant eye monkeys were going to fight to the last man. The casualty estimate to take Japan in an actual invasion I've always heard was about one million.

No kidding! I wonder who holds his little boys down for him? (He IS the POPE after all, he should have some consideration for "perks"!!!)

And for the worth of it, my uncle was in theatre resting and training, my pop was in Germany, but getting ready to ship out, through the states and over to the PTO to join the invasion force.

Fuqq the damn POPE, pompous a$$ fuq!
Originally Posted by RickyD

.. The Catholic Church hierarchy fell from grace long ago and continues to drag the church down..

It all started with Constantine.

please elaborate on what Constantine started to ill effect, and I will go into what the church was like
prior to Constatines intervention...

Just like the M.E. continues to be today, back then it was also a steaming schitthole hot-bed of religious faction nutters
of all kinds [including a wide variety of nutter rival christian factions.]

The church (christianity) was effectively already in a chronic highly fractured riotous dysfunctional fiasco state.,
Constantine showed retrained by compelling Christians to get together to attempt to get their schitt together,
personally the best thing He could have done to get the message across would have been to put the idiots to
the Roman sword like they did to troublesome zealot jews.
Which is why the Christianity all but disappeared with the last apostle, becoming a tiny cult of cannibalistic kooks and pedophiles.
Originally Posted by Phillip_Nesmith
Those two nukes ended the war quickly, saving at least half and possibly all of Japan from a Soviet occupation.

Exactly. But for two dropped bombs by the good guys, there wouldn't be a "Japan" today. We literally saved their country and their culture.
I take political views from religious leaders almost as often as I take religious views from politicians.
Which is why the Christianity all but disappeared with the last apostle, becoming a tiny cult of cannibalistic kooks and pedophiles.

Authentic Christianity died with Jesus... the mental disease you and many others still carry is merely a money spinning
smoke and mirrors scam brandname.
Yeah, I now follow that Inspiration Ministry TV guy that says if I have real faith in Jesus I need to send him at least $1,000 and if I'm one of the first 1,000 to do so Jesus will send me miracles to solve all my problems. Strange what you can find on late nite cable. But the biggest Catholic beg in the last few months was for food contributions because it was our turn to work the community food pantry. Beyond that it's if you want to put something in the kitty fine, if not we're glad to see you anyway. Hellufa scam they have going there.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/realsp...t-secret-bank-in-the-world/#e33104a120b0

so if you like mystery , it goes right along with all the arcane canonical BS Hawk subscribes to.

Hawk is also a great Thomas Aquinas fan , so probably buys the story that Aquinas levitated

and had the Lord speak to him.

Sigh....

Well, duh. War is bad, m'kay Francis?
© 24hourcampfire