Home
Posted By: wabigoon Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/26/19
The wind has switched to the Northeast. Snowflakes are coming down neigh the size of butterflys.

The forecast ain't so good.

How is your weather shaping up?
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/26/19
Expecting our usual turkey day “windstorm” with winds of 25-30kts. They were calling for a chance of snow but I will believe that when I see it. I’ll go give the generator it’s monthly run and get some more gas just in case. Otherwise it’s mostly sunny and cool.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/26/19
Looks like about a foot on the ground, and it's slacking off now.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/26/19
We have a medium storm coming in. It's the usual for TurkeyDay. We need the water, so hey, no problem here.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/26/19
Just spotty rain over this way.
Posted By: Bald1 Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/26/19
SW of Rapid we're gotten a few inches of snow so far. Bigger concern is Friday night and Saturday when heavy snow is excpected. That said right now we're dodging the bullet that has snacked Colorado and Nebraska.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/26/19
Round Two due here starting early tomorrow morning. Highway travel for Turkey day is being called "very difficult to nearly impossible." Then back-to back Round Three starts Friday through the weekend. Making up for that long Indian Summer with a vengeance here!

Gave the blow snower a final checkout today. I'm ready.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/26/19

cold as a mother in law's kiss here today.........

snow coming.........
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/26/19
Brisk here, expecting 12" of fresh powder in the local mountains. We left Jackson, Wy. on Thursday and were surprised to see more snow from the Rubys to Ely than there was on the Tetons. We could use another winter of good snowpack.

mike r
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/26/19
We have about 14 inches in town right now. I-80 is closed for about 250 miles in both directions in southern Wyoming, and about 350 miles eastbound from the Utah border. The University of Wyoming announced on Sunday that it would not hold classes during the short week, in order to allow students to head home for the holiday weekend before getting stuck.
Posted By: jbmi Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/26/19
We have it headed our way, it's been a tough deer season, to much snow, then to much rain, then strong winds, looks like an empty freezer this year.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/26/19
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Brisk here, expecting 12" of fresh powder in the local mountains. We left Jackson, Wy. on Thursday and were surprised to see more snow from the Rubys to Ely than there was on the Tetons. We could use another winter of good snowpack.

mike r

Mike,

It's good to see the eastern part of the State get some water.

I am always amused when I'm down your way in winter and the temperature is a "brisk" 70-75. I see lots of people walking around in parkas. grin

Up here we envy you your winter temps.

Regards and Happy Thanksgiving
L2S
We're slated for 6-10" with high wind.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/26/19
We've had 50 degree weather here the past 2 days. I spent every hour of daylight outside trying to get things done I've put off.

My neighbor is going to put his house up for sale here soon so I wanted to get my back yard in shape, clean up some clutter and get it looking presentable.

Did some painting and winterizing. Didn't get everything done I wanted to but in a few hours the rain is coming in and the we won't see decent temps or weather again for the foreseeable future.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/26/19
No snow here, we're a corner pocket shot with ND 20 miles north and MN 10 miles east. If that low really does go up through WI we should be good. Breezy north wind but odd when it isn't breezy. Temp 39, dew point 23 so we're on the dry side of the system.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/26/19
White ground, and wind that rattles good tight windows.
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/26/19
Predicting 18" here by the end of the week.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/26/19
1-2” on the ground winds NNW 15-20 gusting to 30. Normal for the plains. 😁
About 10 inches of fresh snow here.
Posted By: Borchardt Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/26/19
Running the AC in the house, outside is only low 80s but as Shirley Q Liquor say, "O Lawd, it so humidity outside".

Up in our corner seems variable but still 6-10” predictable, the kicker being the snow is full of moisture due to the temps and with up to 40 mph gusts is like #12 birdshot.

A tough one this early for fur and feather.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/27/19
The weather could mess up holiday travel plans.
Posted By: leesway2 Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/27/19
I know what ya mean,I went crabing about 9 am this morn in shorts and a t shirt. It made it to mid 70s with south wind and lots of humidity, might make it to 65 tonight and back to the mid 70s on Wed. I would like to see snow like that,but I dont think I could live in it. Yall be safe in your Turkey day travels.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/27/19
Midwest my ass! NoCal I-5 fubar!
We just got lite up by a lightning flash, and the thunder. Thunder snow.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
We just got lite up by a lightning flash, and the thunder. Thunder snow.

Thunder snow? Do you need chains for that?
Not when I'm sitting at the computer.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/27/19
I hope and pray the ground gets some good frost in it before we get too much of this white chit. Still need to get a bunch of hay off the field!

We've had 2 or 3 decent little snows stick around for a week and then melt off. Greasy, muddy mess trying to do anything.

This time of the year it might stick around until April......
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/27/19
Not the midwest, by a long shot, but they are calling for 10 - 12 inches over 3 days - starting tomorrow evening. Friday, Saturday, and from then on, we're supposed to get over freezing.
Monday on - into the low 50's. Snow won't last too long.
Posted By: DryPowder Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/27/19

Posted By: boatammo Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/27/19
Sam
Your correct we need the ground to freeze before. That last 10 inches we got with the ground bot froze really screwed things up
Posted By: Redneck Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/27/19
Got about 6 so far, another 1-2 coming... Winds are about 40 mph.. . I'm not even going to fire up the tractor until at least 1-2 pm when it's supposed to quit snowing..
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/27/19
A little rain, a little sleet, a little thunder, and a couple of flakes, I'm good with that. No frost in the ground yet.

Tomorrow and Friday sounds unpleasant.
I'll guess about 4 to 6 here in west Iowa. The wind seems be a fright.

I hope it starts to behave after a while. Our daughter, and family have a three hour drive for the family dinner tomorrow.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/27/19
Richard, it looks like it's gonna cool down for turkey day, here in the far northern reaches of Louisiana. Predicted high of 54*. Might have to put on a long sleeve shirt.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Midwest my ass! NoCal I-5 fubar!

Still here.....
Not as bad as they predicted. Here at least. It does look a lot like winter. "Jingle bells, --.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/27/19
No wind, but the snow has definitely begun here in Ogden.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/27/19
The plows got the roads cleared overnight, and it is sunny, 15 degrees and gorgeous with the sunshine causing the powdery snow to sparkle like crystals.
Posted By: Wtxj Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/27/19
Thank all you guys for using LNG. This may help get rid of glut
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/27/19
Don't know if it's the same storm headed east from the west coast...but if it is, you best screw yer hat down tight. Several barns and a lumber yard building down this morning here. Nobody knows how much snow we got...it was delivered horizontally, not sure how to measure that.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/27/19
Got about a foot of snow here yesterday. More is on its way.
Posted By: Huntz Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/27/19
8 inches of heavy wet chit.Wind gusts to 40 miles an hour.Power keeps cutting out.Not a fun day.
The cows were stepping right out for the hay this morning.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Don't know if it's the same storm headed east from the west coast...but if it is, you best screw yer hat down tight. Several barns and a lumber yard building down this morning here. Nobody knows how much snow we got...it was delivered horizontally, not sure how to measure that.

Since last evening there's been about 8 wet inches 9.5 miles north of Redding. Sucking balz...
Posted By: Seafire Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/27/19
Originally Posted by flintlocke

ya beat me to it....the one passing thru here, is heading east bound....So Idaho, Wyoming, the Dakotas, and MN/Wis should be getting it, unless it runs out of steam somewhere between here and there....

Flintlocke down in Siskiyou Co CA, is at higher elevation than us here... so I know they are getting accumulation...
this one has had high winds
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/27/19
Nothing.

But they say it's coming, sooner rather than later.
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/27/19
No snow, but strong winds fro the NE and 23 in NW MT.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/27/19
Had some rain overnight here on the east side, big, loud drops sometimes, but I don't think a whole lot. Turned to a bit of snow early this morning - just enough to show up on the grass - melted now. Windy, but nothing like they were telling us to expect. Mid-30s.
Snow started at about 9 am local at an inch an hour. Just ran the blower for the first time this year. Won't be the last.
Posted By: whelennut Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/27/19
I just got a set of Michelin Defenders mounted.
I am ready!
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/27/19
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Snow started at about 9 am local at an inch an hour. Just ran the blower for the first time this year. Won't be the last.

I'm courting disaster, need fresh blower gas. But I'll remedy that this afternoon and I'll have done my part to fend off the snow. smile
Those are great tires, whelenut. I just had mine rotated the second time and after 10,000 miles, they've worn exactly 1/32" besides being very quiet. And they turn RIGHT NOW. I'll know all about their grip tomorrow during my 50-mile drive to the elder daughter's for turkey.
Posted By: DryPowder Re: Midwest Snow Storm? - 11/27/19
I'm in Provo and it's clear here.
Could someone send a snowplow to Cal Trans? For fuggs sake!
© 24hourcampfire