Home
Posted By: wabigoon Gift Wrapping? - 12/01/19
So, for wrapping paper for the Christmas gifts, I follow a tradition my father started many years ago. He gave me a Weller soldering gun in a seed corn sack.

I figure the wrap should not be more valuable than the gift.

I have stepped it up a bit. Oat seed sacks are mostly plain brown, and not so flashy. If I go all out, I might put a bow on. laugh
Posted By: slumlord Re: Gift Wrapping? - 12/01/19
Gifts inoculated with Captan fungicide residue.

A family tradition.
Posted By: the_shootist Re: Gift Wrapping? - 12/01/19
Richard,

You don't have to wrap my gift, but if you insist, put it in a Cabela's rifle case -- any size will do. grin
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Gift Wrapping? - 12/01/19
Boy Keith, I'd love to, but you know all about the cross border laws! laugh
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Gift Wrapping? - 12/01/19
I have actually gotten to the point where I kind of enjoy wrapping presents - as long as they will fit into one of the boxes that I have stashed away. I always pick up wrapping paper after Christmas very cheaply and store it in tubs in the rafters of the garage. Being the only marginal 'fire member that I am, I enjoy the trapping of Christmas - the lights, the decorations, the buying, wrapping, and opening of presents.
Posted By: hanco Re: Gift Wrapping? - 12/01/19
I don’t mind wrapping, it doesn’t have to be perfect like the Wifey thinks it does! She is an engineer, so she probably has a slide rule in there when she is wrapping cshit.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Gift Wrapping? - 12/01/19
I've been know to deliver gifts in the plastic/paper bags from the stores in which they were purchased. I have learned to take the receipt out.....
When my daughter gave me a canoe paddle wrapped in newspaper, it warn't hard to guess it.
Posted By: packrat77 Re: Gift Wrapping? - 12/01/19
The colored comic pages from the newspaper work great, especially for the large presents that you don't want to waste the good wrapping paper on.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Gift Wrapping? - 12/01/19
Originally Posted by packrat77
The colored comic pages from the newspaper work great, especially for the large presents that you don't want to waste the good wrapping paper on.

+1
Been doing that for years. Becoming a tradition here. Don’t see the point of buying special paper to tear it up.
I did some of the comic page wrap. We take no paper now.

It's quick to bag the gift, and staple it shut.
© 24hourcampfire