Home
Posted By: renegade50 Old chewed up dog couch - 12/03/19
Is the place ta be currently.
Best 9 buck goodwill dog couch ever to these guys.
Other mutt is laying on the floor on a pile of blankets.
LOL!!!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: hanco Re: Old chewed up dog couch - 12/03/19
No dogs in my house to chew stuff up!
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Old chewed up dog couch - 12/03/19
They chew on their couch just ta be dicks and make me clean up after them.
Jerkdogs.....
LOL!!!
They cant ever keep nothing nice.
Hahahah!!!
Posted By: JackRyan Re: Old chewed up dog couch - 12/03/19
Originally Posted by hanco

Smart move.

My dogs live in dog houses, I live in my house and no couches from Bed Bugs B Us are coming in my house. Chew or other wise.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Old chewed up dog couch - 12/03/19
Waylon has a very fancy couch in the basement that is basically his, he keeps about 5-6 toys and several bones on it. It was once white[blk lab] but no more.....
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Old chewed up dog couch - 12/03/19
Nope, not on the couch.................this time:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Oops. caught them this time, 3 in row:

Even the new one is good at it:

Our dogs are family.

Geno
Posted By: Setterman Re: Old chewed up dog couch - 12/03/19
I swear that if an outdoor dog had never seen a couch and was allowed in, the first thing he would do is jump aboard and curl up.

B
Here is Waylons 'upstairs' hangout. Don't have any of him on his couch

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Kenneth66 Re: Old chewed up dog couch - 12/03/19
That’s some cool pictures ya’ll got , Kenneth
Posted By: rost495 Re: Old chewed up dog couch - 12/03/19

We keep dogs in the house, and most other humans outside.

Have had almost NOTHING chewed up over the. years. Maybe a nibble here and there. But the reward for a dog inside with you far outweighs a nibble here or there.
Originally Posted by rost495

We keep dogs in the house, and most other humans outside.

Have had almost NOTHING chewed up over the. years. Maybe a nibble here and there. But the reward for a dog inside with you far outweighs a nibble here or there.

Yep,,, nothing like a large dog with a protective attitude in the house.
When the girls were home each one had a dog in the bedroom at night with em.
Rest of the day hanging out with me.
Rico the one with his head on the arm is waiting for his 20 yr old college student to come home for xmas break tommorow.

Now that 2 of em are on their own.
1 has a redbone coon hound.
The other has 2 full size collies.

Grand dogs......
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Nope, not on the couch.................this time:

Oops. caught them this time, 3 in row:

Even the new one is good at it:

Our dogs are family.

Geno

Greyhounds or some type of saluki/ whippet mixes????
Brindle one kinda reminds me of ancient serpent dog cookie
Half american staffordshire terrier ( mom was brindle)
Half Rhodesian Ridgeback( dad)
That "one dog" everyone has had in their life.
Be 14 in February.
Healthy still, but too damm smart and set in his ways.
He is retired from Alpha dog basically, Rico has slid into that role over his dad Blackjack.
[Linked Image]

You got some cool dogs!!!!!
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Old chewed up dog couch - 12/03/19
Never allowed any of that, but they always Have ignored me. crazy

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]]
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Never allowed any of that, but they always Have ignored me. crazy

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]]

Lol!!!
Looks like a sunday morning after a Dog Keg party!!!!
Hahahah!!!
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Old chewed up dog couch - 12/03/19
I bought one of those cheap, oversized recliners a couple of years ago. I sit in it during the day and the dog sleeps in it at night. It's starting to get a bit used looking. I'll buy myself another one soon and turn this one over to him.
Dog on the couch with the two AKC whippets is a pure blooded Pennsylvania mom tied to the doghouse, daddy runnin' loose American Mutt. Absolutely one of many dogs I'll never forget. (don't think I've forgotten one yet)

The brindle whippet, Breeze, alone on the couch, is purebred but oversized for the conformation ring by an inch or so. 40+/- pounds of runnin' machine. I'm trying to get him up to 30MPH in the 100 yard races they run. 29+ the last time he ran. Hand timed though, which has its drawbacks. Hoping one day to find a group with electronic timing. Some of the smaller whippets beat him by a bit, he was 0.2 MPH out of 5th place, but he'd overtake them if they had a 200 yard course.

The little white one on the couch and bed with the other dogs, rest her doggie soul, has titles in coursing on tracks up to about 1000 yards. Little black and white one is fast too, but a real momma's girl. Runs out with the other dogs chasing the lure for 50-100 yards, then sees the judges and goes to look there,,or just stops to look around for mom. We love her anyway. wink

They all have obedience training and some have titles in it. Even the PA mutt.

We'd consider adopting a retired greyhound, but we'd likely need to get a bigger vehicle than our RAV4. frown

Your dogs look happy, which is all that counts.

Geno
l2s,

I see those bird dogs of yours have about as much modesty instilled in the breed standard as whippets!

Geno
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Old chewed up dog couch - 12/03/19
Originally Posted by renegade50
Is the place ta be currently.
Best 9 buck goodwill dog couch ever to these guys.
Other mutt is laying on the floor on a pile of blankets.
LOL!!!

[Linked Image]

Just put it in the front yard when you get tired of it in the house. smile

Under the tire swing. smile
Dog on the couch with the two AKC whippets is a pure blooded Pennsylvania mom tied to the doghouse, daddy runnin' loose American Mutt. Absolutely one of many dogs I'll never forget. (don't think I've forgotten one yet)

The brindle whippet, Breeze, alone on the couch, is purebred but oversized for the conformation ring by an inch or so. 40+/- pounds of runnin' machine. I'm trying to get him up to 30MPH in the 100 yard races they run. 29+ the last time he ran. Hand timed though, which has its drawbacks. Hoping one day to find a group with electronic timing. Some of the smaller whippets beat him by a bit, he was 0.2 MPH out of 5th place, but he'd overtake them if they had a 200 yard course.

The little white one on the couch and bed with the other dogs, rest her doggie soul, has titles in coursing on tracks up to about 1000 yards. Little black and white one is fast too, but a real momma's girl. Runs out with the other dogs chasing the lure for 50-100 yards, then sees the judges and goes to look there,,or just stops to look around for mom. We love her anyway. wink

They all have obedience training and some have titles in it. Even the PA mutt.

We'd consider adopting a retired greyhound, but we'd likely need to get a bigger vehicle than our RAV4. frown

Your dogs look happy, which is all that counts.

Geno

Wasnt exactly sure what breeds they were .
Watching sight hounds run is mindblowing seeing how fast they can accelerate and keep it up.

My dogs are purebred american cheesehounds.
Aka : mutts.

Used ta raise and train Brittany Spaniels with a friend growing up in Maine.
Obstinate dogs. Sensitive feelings also.
But once ya get em clicking and trained to their individual ability.
Their is no better ruffed grouse dog to have. JMO...
Some of the moves a Brit can make in thick schitt would astonish people unfamilar with em.
Gawd knows dont hurt ones feelings or belittle one, they dont forget it ever.

Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: Old chewed up dog couch - 12/03/19
Originally Posted by JackRyan

Smart move.

My dogs live in dog houses, I live in my house and no couches from Bed Bugs B Us are coming in my house. Chew or other wise.

I pity you.
Posted By: 79S Re: Old chewed up dog couch - 12/03/19
Our 2 labs love lounging on the couch and our bed.
ren,

one of my all time favorite things is watching dogs (animals in general?) do what they were bred to do.

Cattle and sheep dogs working stock are amazing to see in real life. Dog's like Ingwe's doing "police" work, a bird dog ranging and locking on to a bird, and a retriever following whistles and hand signals on a blind retrieve are a joy to behold. One of my barge trips on my old job, cruising down the river, look over and see a flock of goats contracted to keep the brush down. Two big ol' Pyreneese or Anatolians guarding the flock. Just doin' they job sir!

But sighthounds running full out, it's like watching thoroughbreds on the Belmont track. When they're full out after the lure with other dogs in the hunt is fun, but the real joy is watching them when they get after a rabbit or squirrel. Or in the case of greyhounds and other large sighthounds, bigger game.

I'd not like to be a bunny in an open field in front of him:

He takes awhile to turn though:

That why you run them in packs, the little whippets turn faster but don't get the speed he does:

If Breeze had a better recall I'd get after some jackrabbits around here with him. He's likely to just take off and follow them until he crosses a deer or coyote track, then he'll be long gone.

Geno
What do you mean I'm not 'sposed to be on the couch? I'm doing watchdog duty here. I can't watch out the window from the floor you know.

Geno
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

Smart move.

I pity you.

The rules in our house:

Geno
Those rules apply out our house.
Don't like the dog?
Too damn bad, he lives here, you don't.
Posted By: Salty303 Re: Old chewed up dog couch - 12/03/19
Friggn knuckle draggin heathens... dogs on the couch? What friggn next you need to take control of your lair man!
That's what I do.

I don't have a lot of success with it tho

Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

Smart move.

I pity you.

The rules in our house:

Geno

Lol!!!!
Dogs are the bomb!!!!

Cats......
Fugging moving decorations.

Ole Hercules ( one of khan/ wifes cats) upstairs been getting the schitt run outta him since khan/ wife went to colorado on the 27th.

Just say "get the kitty" and the dogs are on him chasing him, pinning him to the floor, Blackjack dry humping him.
Fugging hilarious!!!!
The other 3 cats are like "yeah fugg him up dogs" he is a dick to us.
The dogs dont ever fugg with the other 3 cats at all and get along fine with them.
LOL!!!

Herc will be soooooooo glad when khan/wife gets home tommorow.

Lol!!
I love your dogs.

I have about the same results "putting my foot down" with my wife as I do with keeping dogs off the furniture.

The good thing though, they move when told so I can have my side of the recliner couch to watch HOCKEY!

Geno

PS, my wife has the other end so I don't have to try that with the alpha bitch of the house. Besides, she has the TV until she goes to bed, then the alpha male gets to watch HOCKEY!
Dogs are the bomb!!!!

Cats......
Fugging moving decorations.

Ole Hercules ( one of khan/ wifes cats) upstairs been getting the schitt run outta him since khan/ wife went to colorado on the 27th.

Just say "get the kitty" and the dogs are on him chasing him, pinning him to the floor, Blackjack dry humping him.
Fugging hilarious!!!!
The other 3 cats are like "yeah fugg him up dogs" he is a dick to us.
The dogs dont ever fugg with the other 3 cats at all and get along fine with them.
LOL!!!

Herc will be soooooooo glad when khan/wife gets home tommorow.

Lol!!

Those three dogs on the couch in the earlier picture, the PA mutt and the two girl whippets. They had a thing for cats. Especially when they got in the yard. Thought they were rather tasty they did.

I guess the PA mutt and the little white whippet forgot they were raised with cats. When our two said goodbye, permanently, those dogs just changed their minds it seems. Open season in the back yard. Not a whole lot different than tree "bunnies".

Geno
Posted By: slumlord Re: Old chewed up dog couch - 12/03/19
Posted By: WVGuy Re: Old chewed up dog couch - 12/03/19
Any couch on the porch is free game to be burned after a football game in Morgantown, WV!
Originally Posted by Salty303
That's what I do.

Some type of catahola ?
Really unique coat and eyes!!!
Originally Posted by slumlord

I been waiting for ya ta post
LOL!!!

Where is destructo??

Aka " Coop a loop"
The T Rex of Labs!!!!

Got a recliner for the old girl lab, and the other fuggers got to hating on her and chewed the stuffings out of it.

Was way worse after this pic, wife said we had compnay coming over and clean up that pig sty for she get embarrassed.

Had to burn it

Laughing

That's what I do.

Some type of catahola ?
Really unique coat and eyes!!!

Good eye Rene, the state dog of Louisiana, the Catahoula Leopard dog, aka Catahoula cur aka Catahoula aka idiot!. What you can't see in that pic is the other eye is a different color. When I got her @ 6 weeks both eyes were deep deep blue. But they changed at about 3 months into one glassy and clear and one an off brown. If you look really close there's still a touch of blue in both. I guess this is common to the breed, freaky clear eyes and often two different colors. Their coats range all over the map but a lot are kind of blue like Halla. She comes from the Spokane area and cattle dog lineage. They use them to hunt hogs down south.
Here's a pic the day I got her actually first trip in a truck ever, showing the blue eyes then

Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Old chewed up dog couch - 12/04/19
The Bears.

Posted By: renegade50 Re: Old chewed up dog couch - 12/04/19
Here's a pic the day I got her actually first trip in a truck ever, showing the blue eyes then

Puppy!!!!!

Good stuff!!!
Originally Posted by slumlord
Got a recliner for the old girl lab, and the other fuggers got to hating on her and chewed the stuffings out of it.

Was way worse after this pic, wife said we had compnay coming over and clean up that pig sty for she get embarrassed.

Had to burn it

Laughing

Poor ole Dixie cant ever have anything nice.

Lol!!!
Man if that Hindu reincarnation schitt is true.
I wanna be the large size couch dog in a succesful human family in the next life.

Dogs got it made!!!!

LOL!!!
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Old chewed up dog couch - 12/04/19

Puppy!!!!!

Good stuff!!!

Salty, I figured her for a Catahoula. She's adorable.

Hard to tell in the one picture of the PA mutt on the couch with the whippets, but she was a blue eyed wonder too. Saw the load of pups from the mom running around on the "lawn" of the house on the way to work one morning. Kept seeing them every day, I was in the market for another dog anyway. Hoping for some sort of "lab mix" as mom looked like a yellow lab. Lot of the puppies I saw were chocolate, yellow, and black. Stopped by asked the kids what they were going to do with the puppies, they were giving them away. The one with the husky coloring and blue eye came over and I was smitten. She went home with me.

Named her Valentine, as that was her birthday. Therefor when I signed up for this crazy outfit I became Valsdad.

Just something about a blue eyed hound I find hard to resist. Wimmins, I like them dark Mexican eyes! grin

Geno
Posted By: Salty303 Re: Old chewed up dog couch - 12/04/19
Man if that Hindu reincarnation schitt is true.
I wanna be the large size couch dog in a succesful human family in the next life.

Dogs got it made!!!!

LOL!!!

Yep. Wake up and yawn looking at your person... you going to work again? Cool, bring home some chow will ya? Rawhide bones too don't forget those. I'll just hang on the couch here where its nice and warm. LOL! Fuggers got it good all right.

Geno! You got sucked in by a blue eyed girl, nothing wrong with that bud. I guess I did too although the boss here kept going to Halla, (short for Coquihalla; a river near here) when we looked at litter pics. She thought we would breed her once and do the puppy thing. But the pup turned into an immense handful by about 3 months. Just unreal super high energy and wanting to herd every god damned thing she saw, or kill it, she wasn't sure. Not a great dog for suburbia and it put the kay-bosh on the puppy idea like quick! LOL She's coming around almost 2 now and almost controllable. Best bush dog I've ever had though. I turn her loose and she's within 100 feet of me circling around quietly checking everything around us. Nice not to have to worry about bears and such. She absolutely sucks for hunting though anything she gets wind of she wants to tear after and herd back to me. WTF?! But slowly she's improving, less wound up, looks to me for Qs more and more. I live in hope. haha
© 24hourcampfire