Home
Posted By: wabigoon Bob Newhart - 12/04/19
The latest thread on the time change has me thinking of this.
Posted By: hanco Re: Bob Newhart - 12/04/19
He was funny. I liked his show.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Bob Newhart - 12/04/19
Always enjoyed anything he was in.
My brother Daryl and my other brother Daryl.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Bob Newhart - 12/04/19
I know it's just me - but I thought he was about as funny as a brain tumor... At no time did his schtick cause so much as a glimmer of a smile on my face.. A total zero..
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Bob Newhart - 12/04/19
One of the best.
Posted By: natman Re: Bob Newhart - 12/04/19
Originally Posted by Redneck
I know it's just me - but I thought he was about as funny as a brain tumor... At no time did his schtick cause so much as a glimmer of a smile on my face.. A total zero..

You're right. It's just you. grin
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Bob Newhart - 12/04/19
One of my favorites!
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Bob Newhart - 12/04/19
Very funny man, and from all accounts, a decent person.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Bob Newhart - 12/04/19
The original Bob Newhart is probably my favorite sitcom of all times.

Sorry to hear Redneck didn't like him. I had same groan when I saw folks posting Statler Brothers stuff. Pure kryptonite.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Bob Newhart - 12/04/19
Professor Neutron.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Bob Newhart - 12/04/19
While most people will vote the last episode of MASH as being the best ending on a TV show, my favorite is the last episode of The Bob Newhart Show. That's the one where he wakes up in bed with Suzanne Pleshette, his TV wife in his previous show, and tells her he had this dream about owning an inn in Vermont, and being married to a beautiful blonde.
Posted By: BigPine Re: Bob Newhart - 12/04/19
I loved his show, and Suzanne Pleshette was hot
Posted By: lastround Re: Bob Newhart - 12/04/19
Is he ded?
Posted By: WAM Re: Bob Newhart - 12/04/19
Nope, 90
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Bob Newhart - 12/04/19
Originally Posted by lastround
Is he ded?

Nope, but he is 90.
Originally Posted by JamesJr
While most people will vote the last episode of MASH as being the best ending on a TV show, my favorite is the last episode of The Bob Newhart Show. That's the one where he wakes up in bed with Suzanne Pleshette, his TV wife in his previous show, and tells her he had this dream about owning an inn in Vermont, and being married to a beautiful blonde.

I forgot about that! It was good!!!
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Bob Newhart - 12/04/19
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Bobby Eweing. (But couldn't hold a candle to Newhart.)
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Bob Newhart - 12/04/19
"You should wear more sweaters".
Posted By: Jericho Re: Bob Newhart - 12/06/19
I remember seeing an old black and white war movie and he had a small role in it. But I cant remember the name of the movie
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Bob Newhart - 12/06/19
Originally Posted by natman
Originally Posted by Redneck

You're right. It's just you. grin

I knew a guy who used his brain tumor as a calendar. He said you might forget your anniversary but you'll never forget the day they cut your head open and scrambled your brain.
Posted By: Fugawe Re: Bob Newhart - 12/06/19
He is up there with Red Skelton, comedy wise.
Clean humor, well written and perfectly delivered.
© 24hourcampfire