Home
A sign that the holidays are here!

The ups drivers are riding their scooters with trailers attached. Other years they used bicycles pulling the trailers but this year they switched to electric.

[Linked Image]

Attached picture UPS delivery scooters.jpg
I’ve never seen that before!
Me either and I have been with them nearly 30 years now. This year the company is using PVD's (personal vehicle drivers) where they are paying people off the street to deliver boxes for $21 an hour + 52 cents a mile out of their own vehicle. We had an old woman pull a pistol on one here last week when the guy driving his car pulled into her driveway after 10 o'clock at night. Its already fuggin' comical so far this peak season.
They start delivering here in U-Haul trucks about this time of year.
Originally Posted by gregintenn
They start delivering here in U-Haul trucks about this time of year.

We have about 50 in our building right now.
Originally Posted by Gristle
Me either and I have been with them nearly 30 years now. This year the company is using PVD's (personal vehicle drivers) where they are paying people off the street to deliver boxes for $21 an hour + 52 cents a mile out of their own vehicle. We had an old woman pull a pistol on one here last week when the guy driving his car pulled into her driveway after 10 o'clock at night. Its already fuggin' comical so far this peak season.

I have only seen it here; I live in a gated community of 950 homes, the rear gate is only 50 yards from UPS's Newbury Park distribution center so they save running a big truck thru our streets and the bikes can drive thru the Cul-de-Sac and jump to the next street with no back tracking..
Kind of cool. Doubt I’ll be seeing it here anytime soon.
They also would hire someone to ride along on deliveries for the sole purpose of having two people in a truck to satisfy the requirement for High Occupancy Vehicle lanes.
about 15 years ago i worked for COn-Way. One of the supervisors at our facility came over from UPS after 19 years there. He was telling us when he trained he was waiting for traffic to clear and his instructor asked him "What the [bleep] are u doing" he said "I'm waiting for a hole" instructor says "U make a [bleep] hole"
© 24hourcampfire