Home
Thinner Users . So, I'm walking around Wallyworld yesterday and spot a box labeled " Bleedstop " . Says it absolutely works for people on Blood Thinners . About $5 for a box containing a 2 Pack of Powder . You pour it on the wound and apply pressure . For those who enjoy the Outdoors and are on Blood Thinners , this could be useful . Says it contains Amylopectin . I used to be on Xarelto ( which up until a year or two ago had no Antidote ) . Anyway when I asked my Doctor what I should do if I got a bad cut Fishing or just working Outdoors , he said : " Apply pressure and get to a Hospital and they will have to do the best they can " . Not very encouraging ! I'm going to check with my Cardiologist next time I see him to see if this stuff is effective for the two Blood Thinners I'm on now , but in the meantime I will keep this stuff handy . BTW , your Best Tip can be related to Hunting , Fishing , Power Tools , Clothing , Music , .... or anything that tickles your fancy any could be useful to Campfire Members !
Similar to what combat medics are using today in battle.
I may have bought some from Walgreen. The only downside may be rick of stroke from a clot in circulation.
Sounds like Wound Seal, been in my firstaid kits for years.
Works like a top, can save the need for stitches but not recommended.
Clean your wounds first if ya can, it's not a antiseptic.
Used it on pets and livestock and kids.
It's worked on some pretty nasty deep cuts.

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]
[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by slumlord

Do you have to drink that stuff for it to stop bleeding?
Mine: Learn how to use paragraph breaks.
No thinners here.

Black pepper. Finer ground the better.
Dump it in a wound, bleeding stops. Now!

And, yes.
It does sting.
A bit!
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by slumlord

Do you have to drink that stuff for it to stop bleeding?

If you drink that stuff you ain't gonna schit for sixteen weeks!
If you fall down and cut yourself.
Dont say you were not giving a tip beforehand.
© 24hourcampfire