Home
[Linked Image from wsil.images.worldnow.com]

Illinois buck confirmed as new world record non-typical Whitetail

Posted: Mar 08, 2019 9:57 AM CST
Updated: Mar 22, 2019 9:57 AM CDT
By David Davis

EDGAR COUNTY, Ill. -- A Whitetail buck killed in Illinois during the 2018 archery season is the new world record holder.

On Friday, March 1 the Pope and Young Club confirmed that Virginia native Luke Brewster's buck is the largest non-typical Whitetail killed on record. This buck surpasses the previous world record shot by Michael Beatty in 2000 by over 33 inches.

"The Brewster buck has been verified as the new Pope and Young World Record with a score of 327 7/8," said Eli Randall, Director of Records for the Pope and Young Club. "The two panels consisted of seven measures and was overseen by the Panel Chairman. This group represented over 217 years of combined measuring experience. After over eight hours, this incredible whitetails score became official", added Randall.

Brewster shot the buck in Edgar County, Illinois during the 2018 archery season. He told members of the Pope and Young panel he was shocked by the ruling.

Click here for the full story on the Pope and Young Club's website.
That deers a FREEK !
I think he needed to grow another year.
Yeah, I'd have passed hoping for something bigger.
The first thing I thought of was...............is this a deer farm deer? You just don't see antlers like that out in the wild.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I think he needed to grow another year.

LOL
327 7/8!
Darn,that looks like two racks.lol
Originally Posted by JamesJr
The first thing I thought of was...............is this a deer farm deer? You just don't see antlers like that out in the wild.

That was my thought too. It looks like one of those genetically-engineered Frankendeer that you see in shooting preserves. I’m not saying the hunter is lying but that may be an escaped farm deer or the offspring of one.

Well, I sure as hell don't !
Originally Posted by rte
Darn,that looks like two racks.lol

Or maybe even 3or 4 !
Ugly but big bastard.

This
ya but i'll bet it tastes like schit.

so there.
Originally Posted by Whelenman

This

The deer is completely legit. Just enjoy it .

Hes definitly been eating well, certainly on a farm and probably from supplemental feeding if not from a protein feeder I would think.
OrangeOakie: That is indeed a freaky monster of a Deer!
My first thought was they are putting "something" in the water (or in the feed?) where that Deer "grew up"!
Hard to believe, but there it is.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
That poor buck, his neckache has now been relieved. Wonder what all that mass actually weighs.

Haha

That's what I thought too, maybe it's an escapee from a trophy deer farm. I think that rack is ugly myself.

A wee bit suspicious about that buck.......
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
I think that rack is ugly myself.

Me too. I'd just throw those horns on the pile, out back behind the shed.
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
I think that rack is ugly myself.

Me too. I'd just throw those horns on the pile, out back behind the shed.

What? Cut those things up for $3 puppy chews!
How would you like to find that guy's sheds out in the woods?
ttt
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

A wee bit suspicious about that buck.......

Me too. There is something up.
Can't imagine before announcing it as the new world record that P&Y wouldn't have done due diligence to make sure they weren't made to look like fools.....
But please, continue on with the baseless speculation
I'm sure the people who keep the records for B&C check the legitimacy of kills like that, and I didn't mean to make a claim that it wasn't legit, just saying that you see more bucks like that behind a high fence than you do out running wild.
That buck been takin' stereos.
If you click on the link and look at the pics on the P&Y page the frontal view of the rack looks very different to me than the above pic.

Mike
https://www.pope-young.org/informat...tFWOhRM5L4F_w220zAg8-6VXZEtt2k90RbfZFuz4
Two 160’s!
But the thread title makes you go HUH?

(As in what's non-typical tail mean?)
I'm sure the people who keep the records for B&C check the legitimacy of kills like that, and I didn't mean to make a claim that it wasn't legit, just saying that you see more bucks like that behind a high fence than you do out running wild.

Right... because its the world record lol... thats the whole point, you dont see them running around in the wild a lot hahahaha
In the OP photo, they've played the old camera trick to make it look much larger than it is.

[Linked Image from pope-young.org]
I dont think that's the same rack.

Could anyone shoot a new record buck and there NOT be a majority of folk on sights like this thinking it was a farmed deer or some other kind of hoax?
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I dont think that's the same rack.

It's on the P&Y page. P&Y
I guess it depends on which deer we are talking about. I don’t think the two sets of antlers pictured are from the same deer. The first deer pic looks like a genetically modified buck. Call me a skeptic but I don’t believe that it is truly a wild deer. It may be wild offspring of a past game farm deer. I won’t believe it unless it is somehow proven with DNA.

https://www.iwla.org/publications/outdoor-america/articles/outdoor-america-2015-issue-1/franken-deer
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]Untitled by Sharps Man, on [bleep]
Originally Posted by Theeck

That was my thought too. It looks like one of those genetically-engineered Frankendeer that you see in shooting preserves. I’m not saying the hunter is lying but that may be an escaped farm deer or the offspring of one.

My thoughts as well.
Just two words:

Feeders

Supplements
Chlinstructor: Probably to late for a blood test on that amazing Buck - to see if may be steroided up.
For that Hunters sake (his conscience and all around reputation) though I hope the Buck is on the up and up.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Same kid shot a 186" this year in the same area. As the crow flies, 5 or 6 miles from my house. There is a little more to the story...but it is legit.
© 24hourcampfire