Home
Posted By: Rock Chuck I just ate $120,000 - 12/07/19
DANG! I ate our last banana before I read this. In Miami, an 'artist' (if you can call him that), duct taped a banana to a wall for an art show. It sold for $120k. Now, I admit that I'm not artistic but I do believe I'd 'paint' in a medium that wouldn't spoil by next Wednesday. OTOH, I guess you could display your purchase and top it up from the local Piggly Wiggly as it loses it's luster. I wonder if they give the buyers a 3 day cushion for buyer's remorse. BANANA

Oh, better yet...he made 3 editions. Both the 1st and 2d editions sold for $120k and the 3d is expected to get $150k.

[Linked Image from static01.nyt.com]
Posted By: kid0917 Re: I just ate $120,000 - 12/07/19
what passes for art these days, you might be able to barf that thing back up and ask $250,000 for it
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: I just ate $120,000 - 12/07/19
I wonder if it was some kind of charity benefit show and auction. People can get pretty crazy at those. They donate the money and have some fun doing it.
Posted By: rte Re: I just ate $120,000 - 12/07/19
I read this same story yesterday.

It reminds me of that adage: "A fool and his money are soon be parted".
Posted By: aalf Re: I just ate $120,000 - 12/07/19
I could turn all 3 editions into a brown curly Q masterpiece.......
Posted By: Squidge Re: I just ate $120,000 - 12/07/19
Some people have more money than good sense.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: I just ate $120,000 - 12/07/19
Originally Posted by Squidge
Some people have more money than good sense.

Yep.
Posted By: jacare Re: I just ate $120,000 - 12/07/19
I'm surprised some negro didn't claim it was racist and sue the artist for the sale proceeds.
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: I just ate $120,000 - 12/07/19
I got a good laugh out of this when I read the story. Hasbeen
Posted By: mjs3240 Re: I just ate $120,000 - 12/07/19
Twenty five years or so ago I was doing a job in the Transamerica Pyramid Building in San Francisco. They had an art exhibit there that consisted of bread in various stages from white to various colors of toast to burnt black. This was proudly exhibited on one wall in the lobby. I told the security guards there that they could use the exhibit to feed the homeless when they were done with it.
Posted By: viking Re: I just ate $120,000 - 12/07/19
Probably someway of funneling or laundering money.

What retard would spend that kind of money, oh wait, Democrat I bet.
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: I just ate $120,000 - 12/07/19
And the "art" crowd wonders why I want to slash the budget for the National Endowment for the Arts.
Posted By: hookeye Re: I just ate $120,000 - 12/07/19
Was an art major.
Like some wild stuff.
Banana is just nonsense.

When I hear of such purchases........

donation to a charity

or money laundering

or hush money for Epstein stuff.
Posted By: ingwe Re: I just ate $120,000 - 12/07/19
I am in the WRONG business....
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: I just ate $120,000 - 12/07/19
Rock Chuck: I should've (could've?) been an "artist"!
Sheesh - are you sure this is not an April Fools joke?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: Crockettnj Re: I just ate $120,000 - 12/07/19
Originally Posted by viking
Probably someway of funneling or laundering money.

What retard would spend that kind of money, oh wait, Democrat I bet.

Thats the first thing that came to my mind.

Secondly, it could be someone who is extremely wealthy and was going to donate a ton of cash to some cause fundraiser, and couldnt care what they got in reutrn.
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Rock Chuck: I should've (could've?) been an "artist"!
Sheesh - are you sure this is not an April Fools joke?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
In these days of fake news, it's very possible but it did make a number of major news reports. This show is called Art Basel Miami Beach. I looked that up and found that it's a for-profit show and sale, headquartered in Basel, Switzerland. I thought it might be for charity but apparently not. This guy is apparently really making money with his fruity work. That takes us back to 'a fool and his money are soon parted'.
Posted By: natman Re: I just ate $120,000 - 12/07/19
If you're interested in the madness that is the art scene, watch the movie "Exit Through the Gift Shop". It documents a real artist (Banksy) and a wannabe as the wannabe tries to put on an exhibition in Los Angeles. Very educational.
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: I just ate $120,000 - 12/07/19
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I wonder if it was some kind of charity benefit show and auction. People can get pretty crazy at those. They donate the money and have some fun doing it.

And write it all off their taxes.

L.W.
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

And write it all off their taxes.

L.W.

Any of us here can write off a charitable donation. They just have more to donate than I do.
Posted By: rte Re: I just ate $120,000 - 12/07/19
ttt
© 24hourcampfire