Home
Posted By: Barkoff Missed Him By this Much. - 12/09/19
I don't know how in the world they get these shots without breaking up the Bear's hunt.

Excellent video.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Missed Him By this Much. - 12/09/19
Enjoyed that!!
Glad we don't have them sob's around here. Griz are enough. Beautiful animal though.
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I don't know how in the world they get these shots without breaking up the Bear's hunt.

Really?

Are you thinking that the filming of the actual event, taken from distance with a long lens might spook the seal? Or are you wondering about how the close up and underwater footage might interfere?
Posted By: shaman Re: Missed Him By this Much. - 12/09/19
I seriously doubt the close-ups of the bear in the water were shot with the seal watching. Probably what you had was a bear stalking a seal. After the seal escaped, they went over and filmed the bear.

A nature filmmaker is there to tell a story, not necessarily document absolute truth. Nearly every bit of nature film you see is at best apocryphal.
Posted By: hanco Re: Missed Him By this Much. - 12/09/19
That was amazing!!
"Damn. Now I'm soaking wet in this cold and have nothing to show for it."
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Missed Him By this Much. - 12/09/19
Well Schit!!
Drones. They can get some pretty cool stuff with them now.

Saw a longer version of this video where he did get another seal.
Close only counts for horseshoes, hand grenades and nukes.
Posted By: Kota Re: Missed Him By this Much. - 12/09/19
Anybody else feel bad for the bear missing his chance for chow? Hunters gotta stick together.
Pretty sure that has sumpthin to do with why you don’t see eskimos sunning themselves on the edge of ice floes
Posted By: SS336 Re: Missed Him By this Much. - 12/09/19
I don't know how they filmed that, but it was an amazing piece of footage. I too wished the bear had got the seal. The shot where the bear peaks over the ice behind the seal was great!
Posted By: dale06 Re: Missed Him By this Much. - 12/09/19
Awesome video.
Posted By: pete53 Re: Missed Him By this Much. - 12/09/19
excellent video thanks for posting it ! i bet those big white bears have ate a few Eskimo`s too out on the ice ?
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Missed Him By this Much. - 12/09/19
That was way cool!
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Missed Him By this Much. - 12/09/19
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Pretty sure that has sumpthin to do with why you don’t see eskimos sunning themselves on the edge of ice floes

I just got a vision of some Eskimo sunning his butt hole and the bear popping up and it's jaw just drops open in disbelief and he dives back under the water. lol
Posted By: slumlord Re: Missed Him By this Much. - 12/09/19
I was really pulling for the bear, hoping he'd snatch that fugger by the snout right off into the drink. Just a little bit off.
You could tell the seal knew something was up. That video illustrates how cunning and capable bears are and the producers of it did an excellent job. Thanks for posting it.
© 24hourcampfire