Home
Posted By: mudhen Five Feet High and Rising - 12/10/19
Well, after two of the driest years in recent history and several years of the non-appearance of the forecast El Nino wet winters, it has started to rain in earnest. The following just popped up on my Facebook page:

Animas Vol. Fire & Rescue Dept.
2 hrs ·
Due to flooding, County Road 001 (Cloverdale Road) is closed starting at Johnson's Arena . Don't drown, turn around.

It will be a while before folks down there get to town, and I won't be going back down to the Geronimo Trail and Cloverdale anytime soon.

We sure needed the rain, though... smirk
Posted By: Steve Re: Five Feet High and Rising - 12/10/19
You guys south of us are getting it all. We're having one of the driest years on record.
Wish y'all the best. Floods are NO Fun.
Posted By: hanco Re: Five Feet High and Rising - 12/10/19
Stay safe!
There's nothing like a lot of rain in a short time in an area that's usually dry. Stay safe Ben!
We're already 18 inches past our typical yearly average. Lots of extreme temp swings this fall. 80+ degree shift in under a months time.
Originally Posted by RiverRider
There's nothing like a lot of rain in a short time in an area that's usually dry. Stay safe Ben!

Those deserts are amazing things like that.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Five Feet High and Rising - 12/10/19
Weather forecasting is a HUGE JOKE i don't watch or listen to a word of it anymore . If i want to read a bunch of crap i'll go look up my horoscope .<- Just saying .

Keep your powder dry Mudhen and the of you desert rats .
From the title, I thought this would be a Michael Bloomberg thread.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Five Feet High and Rising - 12/10/19
Ben, we came across I10 just north of you yesterday in two trucks and one on a trailer and handling that rain was heavy duty. Even the always dry San Simon "river" had some flow - and it looked really wet down over the boot heel as we passed. Stay safe - and I hope it all turns out to be beneficial. Spring should be awesome there in the Chiricahua and eastward,
White privilege!
Posted By: DMc Re: Five Feet High and Rising - 06/13/20
Someone said the fish where getting thirsty..
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Five Feet High and Rising - 06/13/20
Originally Posted by gregintenn
From the title, I thought this would be a Michael Bloomberg thread.

You must not be a Johnny Cash fan.

Posted By: dale06 Re: Five Feet High and Rising - 06/13/20
I’ll be bow hunting elk couple hours south of Albuquerque in Mid Sept. I wonder how that will impact my elk hunt. Is that area getting lots of rain?
Thanks
Look at the date of this thread.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Five Feet High and Rising - 06/14/20
It sure ain't rainin' down this way these days. Maybe in a month or so.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
White privilege!

🤣😂
Posted By: EdM Re: Five Feet High and Rising - 06/14/20
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Look at the date of this thread.

Posted By: CCCC Re: Five Feet High and Rising - 06/14/20
Two days after the anniversary of the Pearl Harbor attack.
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Weather forecasting is a HUGE JOKE i don't watch or listen to a word of it anymore . If i want to read a bunch of crap i'll go look up my horoscope .<- Just saying .

Keep your powder dry Mudhen and the of you desert rats .

Since I parked THOR here in Tightwad a couple of months ago, local forecasts have been quite accurate. Spotty showers remain spotty. Heavy rains and storms have been on schedule.
© 24hourcampfire