Home
Posted By: wabigoon Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19
It's dark out there! laugh

At least it was when I brought the dog in.

How ya doin'?
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19
Dark here too. 32 degrees and a chance of snow flurries. Good day to stay in and aggravate the thin skinned members on here.......lol.
Posted By: hanco Re: Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19
Raining here, about 50
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19
G'morning. Heat wave here, Predicted high -4 and we're already up to 2. And I'll have to snow blow later.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19
dark here, cold front rolling in.
Posted By: Elkhunter49 Re: Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19
69 and cloudy here. I'll be fishing for specks within the hour!
Posted By: jordan555 Re: Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19
Dark here also.A balmy 11 below with wind chill factor about -30 below. Still better than the alternative
Posted By: splattermatic Re: Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19
Dark out side, 22 degrees, and lots of stars up there !
Supposed to be a high of 45 today, no rain or snow.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19
The 10th of the month, it's rippin' by . We see our tax man after dinner, church meeting at 7 tonight.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
We see our tax man after dinner, church meeting at 7 tonight.
Taxes gonn be that tough on you this year? wink
I don't now about the taxes yet. That is the reason to go.

I hope the Jewish folks in New York keep making money, so they can keep subsidizing the farmers. laugh
Nuts. back down to -2 windchill -23. Only 8 hrs, 43 min of daylight today, only down a minute from yesterday so close to bottoming out. The part that gets me is the sun gets only little more than 21 degrees above the horizon. Glad I don't rely on solar for electricity.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19
47* and raining here.
Posted By: hotdog Re: Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19
54 and raining here in eastern Kentucky
Taxes are gonna kick our ass this year, can’t wait to find out how bad.
Posted By: JTrapper73 Re: Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19
It’s dark, cloudy and 26 degrees here and windy. Twelve hours ago it was in the low 50’s!
It does that all the time here in the winter. It rains all day and then the bottom falls out of the temperature and it feels 20 degrees colder than what it really is because of all the moisture. Humidity works against you as much in the winter as it does in the summer......at least it does here!
We had a nasty cold snap when we were still doing the corn.

I;ll have to learn how to get around again dressed so thick I walk with my legs far apart, and my arms out wide.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19
Originally Posted by hanco

I've got some tax bitchin to do also. Business is good, so the feds are gonna be profitable off my back. Those quarterly estimated taxes suck.

I am trying to plan for the end of the year.....would like to pay everyone and then maybe have a few duckets left over for the charitable bin.
I;ll have to learn how to get around again dressed so thick I walk with my legs far apart, and my arms out wide.

The worst thing about having to wear all those clothes in cold weather is when you have to pee. Sometimes, when the urge hits and you have to go right then, you think you're going to pee all over yourself before you can get to it. A friend of mine told me that he always leaves him a "path" to get to his in cold weather in a hurry. I have a pair of Carhartt coveralls that I love to wear..........until I have to pee, then I always have trouble finding the dang zipper.

Getting old has it's challenges.
Time is of the essence.
Posted By: CRS Re: Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19
Dark and 13 degrees here, fresh few inches of snow overnight.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19
28 & clear here in OK. Coffee is good. I have to attend the funeral of a former co-worker this morning. Pancreatic cancer victim. He and I are the same age.. This won't be fun.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19
Wasn't that cold here but pouring rain. Coffee, read Bible, 10 rounds on the heavy bag, protein shake for breakfast, put hay out in the rain, quick shower, drive to work...all before daylight....and the work day will start in about 25 minutes!
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19
-17F on the tundra.

Need to go out and fire up the pickup.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19
Originally Posted by JamesJr

The worst thing about having to wear all those clothes in cold weather is when you have to pee. Sometimes, when the urge hits and you have to go right then, you think you're going to pee all over yourself before you can get to it. A friend of mine told me that he always leaves him a "path" to get to his in cold weather in a hurry. I have a pair of Carhartt coveralls that I love to wear..........until I have to pee, then I always have trouble finding the dang zipper.

got a sweet deal on an F-100, 78 model. Someone had dropped a 390 in it.

Sweet deal( $600 ) ,not any major body flaws and ran great...EXCEPT....the previous owner had an issue.

I drove it down to pickup two guys from a tobacco patch to help me with a job...one dude he says..."oh man this used to mister earls truck"

Yeah???

"Dat old mofo pee all ova hisself alla time an sheeit"

gawd. lol
I swapped out bench seats with another 79 I had. Wondered why the truck smelled like mouse pee.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
-17F on the tundra.

Need to go out and fire up the pickup.

Is it hard to start autos when it’s that cold?
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19
Not usually.

Block heaters and good batteries and we are usually good down to -30F with the pickups and tractors.
(knock on wood)
Posted By: MickeyD Re: Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19
Clear and cool here in Watford City, North Dakota....-22 degrees f with a wind chill of -33!
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19
Dark here too. 32 degrees and a chance of snow flurries. Good day to stay in and aggravate the thin skinned members on here.......lol.

Your aspirations for today are admirable.

Lynn

grin
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn

Your aspirations for today are admirable.

Lynn

grin

Extremely easy job. Some of these people bark every time you jerk their chain.
Posted By: pete53 Re: Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19
good mourning to all ! at my home today -8 below, foot of snow and at my bird feeder that i keep shoveled out and crack corn on the ground about 10-12 mourning doves feeding today just before it gets light , plus a couple of Cardinals. i feel very lucky living out in the country 10 miles from any small town its quiet but cold today ! just another wonderful day and quiet ,may you all have a great day ! with this weather and snow deer should start trailing better to a food source should make for a great late bow hunt !
So, how does it Pay?
Originally Posted by slumlord

got a sweet deal on an F-100, 78 model. Someone had dropped a 390 in it.

Sweet deal( $600 ) ,not any major body flaws and ran great...EXCEPT....the previous owner had an issue.

I drove it down to pickup two guys from a tobacco patch to help me with a job...one dude he says..."oh man this used to mister earls truck"

Yeah???

"Dat old mofo pee all ova hisself alla time an sheeit"

gawd. lol
I swapped out bench seats with another 79 I had. Wondered why the truck smelled like mouse pee.

LOL......and you thought those spots on the seat came from a spilled Mountain Dew and a Milky Way candy bar.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19

still dark & 20* here.........

bouncing up to a sunny & 42* later on

Me & a bud loading up machines & headed out for a ride.......

near here........

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Is there any gold in them there hills?
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19
A beautiful and breezy 79 in SoFLo.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19
Originally Posted by hanco

Same here. I had some unplanned extra income that wasn't taxed.

While remodeling the house, we upgraded a lot. Insulation, windows, doors, heating/cooling system, energy efficient appliances, etc. I hope I'm able to take some kind of deduction for all of this.
Posted By: ERK Re: Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19
Minus 22 with a wind as I type this. I don’t know how cold it got cause I just crawled out of bed. Ed k
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19
Is there any gold in them there hills?

Uranium..........
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19
Doing ok! Raining and turning cold with wind out of north at 19 MPH!
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19
Today is the day my wife hosts her mahjong group here. I had to go out to get breakfast because our kitchen is closed - except for the stuff she's making for them, of course.

It's a cozy 72° here in my office, where I plan to hole up and grimace at all the cackling going on upstairs. My posts today might be a tad gritchy. They arrive any minute now...

As to the weather outside, see tikkanut's post above. It's 36° as I type this, clouds going away and temps rising to about 45° later on. We're between winter storms in our typical pattern of two days of storm and then three days of nice. Expecting a little do-nothing front to pass through tomorrow, and then a long snowy/rainy weekend. If the pattern holds, we ought to get the traditional Christmas Eve snowstorm right on time.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19
No golf today?
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Good Morning Folks. - 12/10/19
If you shanked one today, you'd feel it !

-28*C, with wind chill, -39* C !

WNW at 20km/hr !

Brrr, good day to give up the smokes !
© 24hourcampfire