Home
Posted By: Redneck Wife's havin' a 1-star day.... - 12/10/19
It's been a bad few days.. First, her medical supplies are still tied up somewhere in Fed-Ex-Hell, then today when she was going to work she didn't QUITE let the garage door get all the way up... Took out the rear glass on her Tucson and bent the wiper unit... (!@#^!%*!$)

NO damage to the garage door, thank God.. Took it in for an estimate and it's going to be rather cheap; we have full-glass coverage so it's just a bracket and an inner panel...

But the day's a bit young yet - plenty of time for other chit to happen to her...
We all have those kind of days once in a while. It'll get better.
I only start becoming concerned when everything is going good for a few days.
Time to go out for dinner tonight. Buffalo Wild Wings has two for one on Tuesdays.

Rooting for you both.
Jus' stay the hell away from KFC and you'll have a great day.
Crap happens, I’m due a Fuuck up.
Sorry about that - you'll get over and around it with time - maybe. Just yesterday morning as I lowered a big rolling garage door at our mountain place I grieved all over again about a time a number of years ago when I was not feeling very well and was backing our old 72 Chev Morotrhome out that doorway - while I was starting the truck and backing, a hard wind that day caused the door to drift down just enough for the top mounted storage track to catch the bottom of the door - pushed the entire bottom of the door outside the track on both sides and bent the bottom of the door pretty bad.

Took a BUNCH of work to fix that mess with the door, and it goes up and down sluggish to this day. Soon removed what was left of the storage rack from the MoHome roof, removed the ladder too, sealed all of the bolt holes and was much the better for it - probably was getting to old to climb that ladder and put stuff up there anyway. But - - - - the memory !!

Hope that tomorrow is better.
The object lesson here is the patience is a virtue. Good luck if you try to make that point. GD
Hope it gets better for her.

There's a good chance for you to be a hero in there somewhere. wink
Sorry about all that brother !!
Things will turn for her, just know it will.
I get my keep me alive Meds supplied through UPS now.
Was FED X, they are very close to [bleep] WORTHLESS.
Hug and hold Red, hug and hold..........
I have days like that, in farming terms- it's usually a flat tire, dead battery, and someone that didn't bring my booster cables back.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
HEY!!

Originally Posted by greydog
The object lesson here is the patience is a virtue. Good luck if you try to make that point. GD
Funny thing is, SHE'S the one who has patience... I have basically zero (except for firearms)... You can bet she'll be a lot slower backin' outta that stall from now on..

I have to back my truck into my shed. When I key that door opener I watch that thing ALL the way to the top before I get under it.. I've always though about how pizzed I'd be if I didn't check to ensure it goes up all the way and I hit the truck.. Damn..

Originally Posted by 12344mag
That... smile

Originally Posted by slumlord
I have days like that, in farming terms- it's usually a flat tire, dead battery, and someone that didn't bring my booster cables back.

If all that was that happened at the farm I work for part-time, they'd never believe their good fortune.. When yer pushin' a dozen tractors, 3-4 skid-steers and milking 1200 cows, things are always in need of repair.. I don't know how Tom retains his easy nature so easily... smile
Redneck: Damn I hope her day "turns around" for the better!
Been there done that.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

LOL! That memory hasn’t faded for you, huh?

+1. Minor damage, a little time to get glass fixed and in the long term something to shake your head and chuckle about. Things will get better and tomorrow is a whole new day.

When my sister was learning to drive she turned the wheel too early and hit the door rail with the front tire and bumper. That was a good day for me, I got to watch mom come unglued on her.
Originally Posted by greydog

Rutt-Roe!! Nooooo.. don't even think about saying that. smile
Originally Posted by Girlhunter
I only start becoming concerned when everything is going good for a few days.

Yeah that's when I start worrying too.
Years ago I was suddenly laid off from a job after 20 years due to cutbacks. No warning, nothing. Planning retirement one day, unemployed the next.

So I drove home, parked in the driveway and proceeded to get drunk. Wife gets home finds me snoring on the couch and says, "Your truck is in the way." on her way to the bathroom.

So I stagger out there to move my truck and I backed right into her BMW that she'd parked directly behind me. $2000 bucks in damage and no paychecks coming.

Talk about adding insult to injury. I can smile about it now. But not at the time I can assure you.
I hope her day got better!
Yesterday my wife went through the ice with her Ski-Doo , I'd just spent a month getting cherried out. She and the dog jumped off as it decended! The spot is an easy retrieval area anyway!
When I have a day start like that I never know what to think. I'd always like to think the day just has to get better...but I've had days just go downhill from there!
Posted By: las Re: Wife's havin' a 1-star day.... - 12/11/19
I want to kick the ass of that dumb sob that poked a 2x4 thru the Rams rear window a couple days ago. Alas, I’m old and losing flexibility.

This is the absolute best and right answer!

I enjoy laughter and jokes as much as the next guy but I also appreciate honest and serious answers......12344mag wins the prize for the best and most succinctly accurate post of the year. 👍
Bad days happen.
tuba fore
Originally Posted by gregintenn

LOL! That memory hasn’t faded for you, huh?
laugh Probably just me, but I love KFC...

Originally Posted by Tstorm1

+1. Minor damage, a little time to get glass fixed and in the long term something to shake your head and chuckle about. Things will get better and tomorrow is a whole new day.
Yeah, that... She got lucky - only the glass and an inner panel on the liftgate.. I went to the local body shop that's done work us over the years (and has been in business for nearly 40 years) and they can take care of it in a half-day.. Since we have full glass coverage the whole thing might cost us something around $300.. That rear glass alone was $470... eek

That shop also brought the vehicle inside when I was there yesterday morning and cleaned up the glass shards then shrink-wrapped the opening so she can drive it until they get the part(s) in....

Sure could have been worse - if she'd have bent that liftgate in any way it would have been a TON more cost... And the garage door was not damaged.. Dodged THAT bullet too..
© 24hourcampfire