Home
My grandson just got back from serving as a church missionary in North Carolina for two years. That kept him away from one his favorite activities, target shooting.

So yesterday, we headed for the range and were having a ball, banging away at a small silhouette target at 25 yards with handguns. He opined that he was going to do a head shot with my trusty Savage bolt action 30-30 (cast bullets). So I started kidding him, saying that anybody could do a head shot with a rifle at that distance. So I suggested that he try for the little silhouette icon in the upper left of the target. And he did.

[Linked Image]

The kid's got skills, I'll say that.
Heck of a shot
Yep, that's when you stop and take a photo of the target. Great times with your grandson!
Good stuff, Denton. Can he swim? SEALs called yet? 😁
Somebody taught the kid how to shoot! Good job.
I wouldn’t bet any money against him 😮
Iron sights?

Savage bolt .30-30?

I think all of us wax nostalgic for the working man’s guns of a bygone era (except possibly them Marlin ?? bolt-action shotguns with the big ol’ corncob adjustable chokes 🙂). That Savage .30-30 just speaks volumes about a bygone era 😎
Iron sights?

Savage bolt .30-30?

Yep. Technically iron sights---Williams peep.

We had so dang much fun that afternoon. 9mm, 357, and GC cast lead 170 grain 30-30 loads.
Remind me not to get on the young bugger's bad side. smile
Good shooting!
Perfect!!! Congrats...
Now and then the "perfect shot" happens.

Enjoy it when it does... grin
© 24hourcampfire