Home
Our current queen foam mattress is 12+ years old and needing replacement. So many options and price points out there. Anyone bought one lately that they could recommend? Not looking to spend $2k on one but want something of good quality.
Drive up I 85 North to Thomasville and buy it from the factory direct. We are buying a king memory foam from Reliable Bedding for about $1200 delivered in High Point and set up on second floor. We have been buying from them for over 35 years and have never had a problem. Let me know if you want contact information.
I just bought a Puffy Lux king. Holiday sales I ended up delivered for $1600. I'm liking it so far.
Serta Perfect Sleeper is my recommendation. My wife and I spent a week in Vegas at the MGM Grand. We slept fantastic. My wife looked at the mattress and it was a Perfect Sleeper. We bought one as soon as we returned home. That was two years ago and we still love it.
Sleep Number.

Not cheap but worth every penny. I wished I'd have done it 30 years ago.
We just replaced our King mattress with a Tempur-Pedic. Really high quality.
Sleep number. We love ours. Worn out at 12 years? Sleep number is guaranteed for 20.
Sams club has great prices on Serta mattresses. I got the medium one,it’s fairly firm and we really like it
Got the king sized Casper from Costco. Took a little to get used to it but I really like it. I’ve stopped snoring as much per my wife and generally wake up feeling more rested.
KYHillChick and I went the SleepNumber route, only we did one of the Internet knockoffs that cost half as much. We were sure to look up suitable celebrities' Sleep Numbers and dialed them in.

I picked Tiki Barber. She picked Lynda Carter (Wonder Woman).

Hoopah!
Wife has the most expensive purple mattress you can buy being delivered today. I’ve learned to pick my fights. I didn’t think there was anything wrong with our current mattress. Maybe it’ll be awesome. I don’t know
Englander.
I suppose a heavy cotton drop cloth folded double on the floor is out of the question 🙂
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Tempur-Pedic gets my vote as well.
A word of warning to consider before spending a few grand on a Tempur-Pedic mattress.

I always slept on whatever mattress was firm and clean, just didn't care.
I'd sigh when passing by the bedding sections of department stores displaying mattresses costing 3 to 4 grand a pop.

All my life I was always first one up, right outta bed into the kitchen and make coffee, first few steps out of the bed were made slowly, always a few kinks to shake out and then I was fine.

After buying a middle of the road mattress one day and two years later convincing myself it totally sucked, I did it. I bought my first $3500.00 Tempur-Pedic mattress.

Now I wake up and don't care to get out of bed, the comfort is over the top, never would have believed it. No more kinks to shake out..ever. And coffee comes later.

Don't buy one if extended sleeping can be an issue for you.

Originally Posted by 12344mag

Not cheap but worth every penny. I wished I'd have done it 30 years ago.

I bet I've said that a hundred times since I bought my Tempur-Pedic.

I'll second that. Not cheap, but it's hard to put a price on great sleeping.
All these mattress threads come down to those who love Tempur-Pedic and those who love Sleep Number at the high end, and Serta or some similar at the low end.

If you already have and like a foam mattress, you probably should stick with that.

We're a Sleep Number couple. Liked our first lower-middle level one so much we upgraded to a better one, and then upgraded again to an adjustable frame. Would not consider owning anything else. We usually watch a little bit of TV to get sleepy each night, and the adjustable bed has a "Zero G" setting that raises the head and knees a bit. Half an hour at that and we're zonkers. Push a button and it goes to our preferred angle (very slightly head up) which minimizes snoring and aligns the spine better. Gone.

I have a kind of insomnia (says my Doc) and I don't sleep well at all. I wake up every 45 minutes or so all night. On bad nights, I simply change my sleep number a little bit and it's like changing to a whole different bed experience. It really helps.
I'm pretty fond of our couch.
Sleep Number. I wouldn't have anything else and worth every penny. I'm a 35 and she goes from 50 to 70. She calls my side "The Creator".
Originally Posted by muleshoe
I'm pretty fond of our couch.

Yeah, the Lazy Boy is pretty good too.
Laughing here. We have a fold-out bed/couch downstairs we bought when we were first married 50 years ago. It has been re-upholstered at least once, but it has always been known as "The Coma Couch" because nobody who lies down or even just sits on it can stay awake for more than a few minutes. Just something about it.
I like the Original Mattress Factory (OMF) ones. They are made in Atlanta and give a lot of bang for the buck.
Another vote for the Casper.
I've had a Purple for over a year. Love it.
We have a knock off of the Temper-Pedic, it is called a Bob-O-Pedic. It’s a slab and I have never slept better. We had water beds in the day and then went to a coil spring mattress. The foam mattress we have now is the best.
Novus

We bought a Novus bed. We really like it, I wasnt sure this being our first foam bed. They also offer, for free either a softer or firmer add on. Really well made.

We had a sleep number for years and now have a Tempur-Pedic and love it.
We replaced a 5 year old Sealy Posture Pedic mattress with one from Costco at least 10 years ago. Way better at 1/3 of the cost.
I like one that can be flipped. That is hard to find in a pillow top. I am also looking for a new mattress. I am looking at serta hotel series
Buy once and cry once but you will not regret it.........Tempur-pedic. Best I have ever slept on.
Get a California King (wider than a King) Sleep Number and you won't regret it especially if you have back problems. Your wife/girlfriend will like it too because can adjust her side of the bed the way she likes.
Here is one list of top 10 mattresses for 2020:

https://bestmattressonline.org/top1...T1qCu5gIVCNbACh3WnwNYEAAYASAAEgIFu_D_BwE

bought this a few yrs ago.........nice & comfy...$800.........queen

https://www.rcwilley.com/Mattresses...ta-Euro-Top-Queen-Mattress---Mackay-View
Originally Posted by victoro
Get a California King (wider than a King) Sleep Number and you won't regret it especially if you have back problems. Your wife/girlfriend will like it too because can adjust her side of the bed the way she likes.

Cal King is longer and narrower than a regular King. At 6'5" this has come to my attention....
I got my last mattress, a pillow top Serta, from Sam's club about 3 years ago for $600 and like it way better than the $2000 one from the mattress store it replaced. I'll second the recommendation of Sam's club or Costco, there's a huge markup in mattresses and they sell really good ones for about half what the scalpers get.

Mattresses are also personal, what one person likes might not work for another. I've slept on sleep number beds a lot in hotels and I hate those things, as you can see many others love them so try for yourself to figure out what you like.
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
Our current queen foam mattress is 12+ years old and needing replacement. So many options and price points out there. Anyone bought one lately that they could recommend? Not looking to spend $2k on one but want something of good quality.

Sleep Number. The only way to sleep.
Buy two Twin XLs so you can get individual comfort and a Cal King set sheet set fits. Tempur, Purple, etc are a stack of various memory foams (latex, Visco, etc). If you sleep hot not great. Ignore the cooling gimmicks. It insulates regardless of how it “feels” to your hand. Foams take a memory over time and don’t fully recover. Instead think of the 100+ year old bed frames with springs underneath that are still comfortable even with hand stuffed mattresses. I’m heavily involved in the tech side of the business and some in the manufacturing so best that’s all I say lest I show bias or risk sharing some not yet documented concepts I’m noodling.
We got a sleep number last year. My wife loves it. I like it. I like a really good coilspring mattress better they just don't seem to last anymore. My sleepnumber has a 25 year warranty.
Originally Posted by Dutch
[quote=victoro]Get a California King (wider than a King) Sleep Number and you won't regret it especially if you have back problems. Your wife/girlfriend will like it too because can adjust her side of the bed the way she likes.

Cal King is longer and narrower than a regular King. At 6'5" this has come to my attention....
[/quote']

You're right I had it backwards:

California King: Width 72 inches (183 cm), Length 84 inches (193 cm)

King: Width: 76 inches (214 cm), Length 80 inches (203 cm)
Tempura-pedic
I have been sleeping on cat's meow sleeping bag for more than a year , very comfortable.
Originally Posted by persiandog
I have been sleeping on cat's meow sleeping bag for more than a year , very comfortable.

In the dog house?
I got booted for 4-5 days last summer.

Slept in the pickup first night(thunderstorm on a Sunday night), got my bedroll out of the horse trailer the next day and set up camp elsewhere.
© 24hourcampfire