Home
Posted By: shaman 51 Hunting Quotes - 12/11/19
51 of the Best Hunting Quotes

I'll just leave these up here without comment.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: 51 Hunting Quotes - 12/11/19
"Nothing is worthwhile unless you work for it. And if the work is hard enough, you don't have to possess the trophy to own it."
-Robert Ruark
Posted By: JamesJr Re: 51 Hunting Quotes - 12/11/19
I didn't see............"I can't believe I missed that SOB."
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: 51 Hunting Quotes - 12/11/19
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning."

Didn't make the list? Geesh.........
Posted By: OrangeDiablo Re: 51 Hunting Quotes - 12/11/19
"Don't pass something on the first day you wouldn't shoot on the last" - Old timer at camp
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: 51 Hunting Quotes - 12/11/19
Heard a good one a few years ago from a father consoling a crying child.

"Son, you wont hit every deer you shoot at. And you also wont get every deer you hit."

True
Posted By: JohnnyLoco Re: 51 Hunting Quotes - 12/11/19
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Pictures worth how many words?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from c2.staticflickr.com]

Posted By: memtb Re: 51 Hunting Quotes - 12/11/19

This one was left out! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: 51 Hunting Quotes - 12/11/19
Originally Posted by OrangeDiablo
"Don't pass something on the first day you wouldn't shoot on the last" - Old timer at camp

I think I know what you’re saying but I’m not sure. The old timer was saying essentially to shoot something on the first day of the season that you wouldn’t shoot and would pass up on the last day?

Maybe.....don’t pass up on something the first day that you wouldn’t pass up on the last day?

In any case I do believe that the sentiment expressed by the old timer is good advice.
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: 51 Hunting Quotes - 12/11/19
Originally Posted by memtb

This one was left out! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

Yessir! I use that argument every time someone wants to use a dinky round for big stuff
Posted By: mathman Re: 51 Hunting Quotes - 12/11/19
Yeah, but there are a lot of hardheads who think a 308 is a dinky round for "big stuff" like a 200 pound deer. grin
Posted By: natman Re: 51 Hunting Quotes - 12/11/19
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

I think I know what you’re saying but I’m not sure. The old timer was saying essentially to shoot something on the first day of the season that you wouldn’t shoot and would pass up on the last day?

Maybe.....don’t pass up on something the first day that you wouldn’t pass up on the last day?

In any case I do believe that the sentiment expressed by the old timer is good advice.

It's a roundabout way of saying if it's good enough to shoot on the last day, it's good enough to shoot on the first day.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: 51 Hunting Quotes - 12/11/19
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Can you mix Apple or hickory chips with the napalm?

One from my Dad.

"Once you flip the bang switch the fun is all over, Gut and drag Baby!"
Posted By: Berettaman Re: 51 Hunting Quotes - 12/11/19
That quote is my pet peeve. I absolutely hate it. If you want to pass something on the first day that you would shoot on the last day....that is YOUR decision to do what makes you happy. I adjust what I would shoot daily, if not hourly. It is not all about the size of the animal, but rather the quality of the hunt and each person should decide for themselves what they want to shoot and when. YMMV.
Posted By: OrangeDiablo Re: 51 Hunting Quotes - 12/11/19
Originally Posted by natman
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

It's a roundabout way of saying if it's good enough to shoot on the last day, it's good enough to shoot on the first day.

yea, all pretty much true. I've been victim of this a few times. Not anymore.
© 24hourcampfire