Home
My appointment was long, and unfortunately some of the Endrocrinology, Immunology and Microbiology blood tests that are very important have not returned, so as soon as they come back my Doctor will call me in for an emergency consultation.

There is some damage done to my kidneys already by the Vasculitis. Blood/Urine tests taken specifically for my kidney function came back a bit off from the norm. My A1C blood glucose test result is 7.3, and should be between 4 and 5. I am a Type 2 diabetic so this new glucose level means the diabetes has also been doing damage to my kidneys. My blood pressure is no longer stable and therefore it is also causing damage to my kidneys. So my kidneys have no Joy :-(

My FSC blood test came back and red and white blood cells are at an acceptable level. My cholesterol level is not in the norm for the first time in my life, lower fats restrictions are in place as of tomorrow. Thyroid and other common tests came back all in good stead.

So, as of today I am on a new drug called Onglayza, which will be an additive to my Metformin which is my already daily diabetes medication.

My Enalapril which is one of my blood pressure medications has been increased from 10mg to 20mg.

My Doctor will not say 100% that the lumps in my right breast are only the Vasculitis, but the fact that the swollen areas are based around nodules and they recede after a period of time is a good sign. But that is supposed to be determined by a biopsy, and the results of the blood test results yet to come.

So, all in all, I know a little more, and anything negative from the little more I know is being dealt with medically, and hopefully my kidneys will be saved from more damage.

I am relieved in some ways and still worried in others, but hopeful and full of belief the Good Lord is with me in every way.

Thank you for so many prayers and good thoughts. God, my family, and my Campfire family got me through it yesterday, and I know your prayers and thoughts will continue to be a strength for me.

God Bless You All,

Miss Lynn
7.3 is not a bad a1c for a diabetic. That's what mine is and doc said it was ok. Not great but not bad either.

As for the kidneys they can't tell much without a 24 hour urine test and ultrasound. I wouldn't stress yet. smile
They start everyone on metformin and typically the disease progresses and you need more than just that.
Miss Lynn, We have never conversed much but have always admired you and your posts. We all have our issues but thanks to good doctors and medicine, are living longer than any generation before us. Our prayers are with you and your doctors. Look forward to hearing from you for years to come.

Ray
Hang in there, Miss Lynn. Take care of yourself, and there's no rush on our PM talk.
I'm not a doctor, or understand the lingo, I wish you all the best, and may Our Lord be with you.
Pm Sent.
Hang in there Lynn. Sometimes things do get better. Ed k
Thanks for the update. Continuing to pray.
Miss Lynn, this is the first I've heard of your medical issues.
You will remain in our prayers, as will your family. Medical issues seem to have wide-ranging effects.
Old School.

[Linked Image from img0.etsystatic.com]
grin

Lol Fatz !
Meant with all sincerity and a touch of light heartedness.
Prayers being offered up for you.
Miss Lynn,

Continued prayers !

Very glad to see that you have found positives in even the small areas of negative results.
Will continue to pray for your healing. Hope you have a good day.
Originally Posted by FatCity67

Never doubted that Brother !
Sorry to hear, but here I am at 6.8 and that puts me out of range but doc says 6 is where he wants me and lifelabs shows 6 is their std, I was told if five don't drive, so 4 or 5 is too low, I feel it when I get down their.
Doc is happy though if I stay 6.8 but no higher.
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by FatCity67

Never doubted that Brother !

👍✌️
Miss Lynn,

I don't know you but my prayers are with you and to your family. My the Good Lord give you strength and may you keep the Faith. I truly believe God works miracles and we must also do our part.

God Bless!
Prayers from Virginia, too. God promises He will never leave you or forsake you, Ma'am.
Our lives are but a vapor compared to eternity!
Prayers daily for you Miss Lynn , don't sit and stress out grab your shoeboots snowshoes - whatever - and take a long brisk walk or two everyday . That's always good for the body .
It's going to work out fine .
Continued thoughts and prayers from Iowa.
Prayers Miss Lynn. Doc tells me he'd like to see me in the 6's, but 4-5 would be too low. Too low is almost as bad as too high. Be careful with the numbers. 7.3 with what you are going through isn't that bad. Don't give up. We are pulling for you.
Hang in there young lady. Lots of folks on your side...even ones you don’t know 😊
More prayers on the way.
Glad the news is ok for now.

Hope it keeps coming.

Went to mine then went to give blood for more tests.

New scripts and waiting now.
Keep your chin up Miss Lynn. You will win! We're here with you.
Continued prayers, Lynn.
Pulling for you here in Upper Cali, Lynn.

Geno
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
7.3 is not a bad a1c for a diabetic. That's what mine is and doc said it was ok. Not great but not bad either.

As for the kidneys they can't tell much without a 24 hour urine test and ultrasound. I wouldn't stress yet. smile

Agreed. And, these problems are completely reversible.
Prayers sent Miss Lynn....My Miss Teri Lynn sends hugs....
I sold a competitor to Onglyza for almost 10 years. Added to metformin, you should see a drop close to a point in A1c. Eat right and exercise. Go to the manufacturer’s website for copay assistance or a free month trial offer.

P
Hang in there!!
Originally Posted by okie
Prayers sent Miss Lynn....My Miss Teri Lynn sends hugs....

Please give a heartfelt thank you to Miss Teri Lynn from Miss Deborah Lynn smile
© 24hourcampfire