Home
Historic Solar Minimum
No worry, I got wool socks too.
The problem is that most of the Globular Warming Crowd are not capable of understanding the scientific findings ....

... and the few who do, will claim Trump's pulling out of the Paris Climate Control Treaty caused the sun to not have any sun spots so if Trump is kicked out of office, the sun will then be free from his dictates and there will be no global warming and no global cooling and everyone will live happily ever after with an arm full of roses and a basket of kittens.

Then we can get around to banning plastic straws and guns. What a marvelous future we will then have!

L.W.
So what does that mean for the weather here?
I hate to see the word "an" precede the word "historic." The H is not silent, so it is properly preceded by the word "a."
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I hate to see the word "an" precede the word "historic." The H is not silent, so it is properly preceded by the word "a."

Definitely need some proof readers there. English maters eek grin

Question: In this use, is “a” a word, or still a “letter”? Just in case I’m required to take a grammar or English test! memtb
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
English maters matters
Originally Posted by sse
English maters matters

Classic!
It's the Fire. LOL
just tryin to help
Originally Posted by sse
English maters matters

Classic!
It's the Fire. LOL

just tryin to help

It's called satire....eek grin
dam I got to get me some cold weather flip flops know . their gose the grandbratts chrismash shi!!
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by sse
English maters matters

Classic!
It's the Fyre. LOL

fixted

Traditionally 'an' before words starting with an 'h' in which the first syllable is not accented. More common in British English than American, and more common in the 19th century than today.
To the grammar NAZIs:

Is this a Anhinga or would it be an Anhinga......

smile

[Linked Image from allaboutbirds.org]
'an' traditionally precedes words beginning with a vowel... Or perhaps a "bowel" as my spell check insisted.
Originally Posted by muffin
To the grammar NAZIs:

Is this a Anhinga or would it be an Anhinga......

smile

[Linked Image from allaboutbirds.org]

Looks like an shîtpoke to me. grin
© 24hourcampfire