Home
Posted By: kaywoodie Doppelgänger - 12/13/19
Ok it’s early on a Friday. We have all night. Let’s hear ‘em. Your story.

I’ll go first.

To the best of my memory, I have never had the experience.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Doppelgänger - 12/13/19
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Doppelgänger - 12/13/19
I've never seen the ones I've been told of.

Multiple times folks have asked me "were you in so and so town in '86? " Or "Do you have a twin living in so and so town?

I pity the poor sumbishes that look like me.

Geno
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Doppelgänger - 12/13/19
I always thought you were my Doppelgänger KW........
Posted By: keith_dunlap Re: Doppelgänger - 12/13/19
I had a guy come up to be outside of a Restaurant in Eagle Pass Texas in 1980. Started a conversation with me like we were best friends. 15 minutes later while I was inside the restaurant, somebody else came up and did the same thing.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Doppelgänger - 12/13/19
I’ve been asked for Dan Fouts’ autograph more than once.

P
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Doppelgänger - 12/13/19
Allegedly, Göethe had a famous encounter. I always thought he was a pretty sharp cookie.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Doppelgänger - 12/13/19
I knew a guy back in the 1990s. One day I went to his house and his father was there. Looked like the same exact guy, just a little older. Same height, same build. Same exact face, hair, everything.
Originally Posted by 12344mag

You stud, you!!!!!
Sorry about the polka Bob, I has to look up the longeard word. How, an' where do you come up with em'?

Just think, if all that genius woulda been channeled for good! laugh
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Richard,

Wifey thought that was good! Reminded her of that Welk chap!
Posted By: slumlord Re: Doppelgänger - 12/13/19
Old white guys all look alike to me
Posted By: websterparish47 Re: Doppelgänger - 12/13/19
Been mistaken for someone else several times so I guess someone has also been mistaken for me.
A fellow a few years behind me in school was telling my son some stories. I told him he had me mixed up with some wild kid.
Posted By: Girlhunter Re: Doppelgänger - 12/13/19
All girls look like sisters if you stand them on their head.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Doppelgänger - 12/13/19
If there is someone out there who looks just like me, they have my sympathy.
While waiting, have some more polka.
Posted By: immature Re: Doppelgänger - 12/13/19
In the 1980s my field work crew stopped at a rural convenience store for snacks and drinks. When I stepped up to pay for mine the middle-aged guy behind the counter looked at me like he had seen a ghost! Told me when he just glanced at me across the room when we came in as a group he thought I was his son! He fished out a photo of his son from somewhere under the counter, and both me and my coworkers were shocked. We could have passed as twins.

Now I'm the generic old fat guy with a white beard and have been told many times that someone thought I was someone else.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Doppelgänger - 12/13/19
The hooker I railed hard in a Poufhaus in Stuttgart Germany in 1986 that looked exactly like my cousin Amy in Maine.

LOL!!!
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Doppelgänger - 12/13/19
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

You stud, you!!!!!

Damn straight!!
You folks judge, myself at our son's wedding. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by renegade50
The hooker I railed hard in a Poufhaus in Stuttgart Germany in 1986 that looked exactly like my cousin Amy in Maine.

LOL!!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣.
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Doppelgänger - 12/13/19
There is a very interesting movie released this year (2019) regarding the doppelganger subject. It is titled US.

L.W.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Doppelgänger - 12/13/19
When I was a kid we had set up the camper at our annual vacation resort and went to town to get groceries. As we were heading back to the lake, Dad pulled up to a stop light. I looked out the window at a kid on a bike waiting to cross the road and it was like looking into a mirror. Never forget that.
Posted By: Gringo Loco Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19
Years ago I was swarmed by a small group of New York Jets fans while exiting a hotel who swore I was some player on the team. After the others left, one lone holdout kept asking if I was sure I wasn't "the guy". I can't remember the player's name. I finally showed him my DL.

Another time some guy thought I was an obscure foreign actor at Ryan's buffet. He also needed several reassurances I was not "the guy". Guess I'm not as unique as I thought grin
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19

drummer CCR
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

me
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19
Tden or twelve years ago I was in a drug store in Ogdensburg NY and saw my wife's best friend's husband. When I struck up a conversation with him he just stared at me, finally said, "I think you think I'm someone else." I was stunned. I saw (the guy I thought this was) pretty regularly. The guy in the drug store was the same height, weight, haircut...looked just like the guy I thought he was. Funny thing was, it's such a small town I couldn't believe that they had never run into each other.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19

You stud, you!!!!!

Whar's me boots?
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19
Originally Posted by wabigoon

I heard "Frankie Yankovic and his Slovenian Polka Ensemble" play at Blue Lake, NM, for the last "Gallup Tri-Slavic Festival" just as the civil War was breaking out.

they were from Ohio somewhere I think

They stopped having the Tri-slavic festival after that because everybodys cousins were killing each other back in Yugoslavia.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19
Syc,

You serve under Chivington at Glorieta Pass???

🤣
Posted By: k22hornet Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19
Apparently, I look like someone named Steve.

Back in the late 70's, my girlfriend at the time is getting on the bus in Chicago to go to work, and she see's 'me', so she sits down next to 'me' and almost gets cozy with 'me'. Steve then told her he was not me.

Fast forward to early 1981 or so, and my wife and I are walking in a local park (Denver's Wash Park), when a very attractive Asian girl comes running up to me, arms spread ready to hug me, saying 'Steve'. My wife intervened quickly and told her I was not 'Steve', and then, my wife and I had a spirited conversation about what just happened.

A few years later, a customer I just met told me I looked just like 'Steve', also in Denver.
Posted By: Brazos Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19
There used to be a judge in the area people mistook me for.

Luckily I never ran across anyone he had put away.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19
kaywoodie - I've been told, more often than once, at Quemado, that Scott F and I could almost pass for twins - poor Scott!
Posted By: Beansnbacon33 Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19
Was partying in playa del carmen a few years ago and a guy and his wife stopped me told me they couldn't believe how much I resembled his brother in law who had passed a few years before. They were really emotional.
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19
Syc,

🤣

Not our civil war, the yugoslavian one!
Posted By: hookeye Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19

LOL!!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Oh, she was good too.
"Amy" finally got " spike the vaginal destroyer".
Lol!!!!

The funny thing about it is prostitution is legal in germany.
Govt sponsered , mandatory health exams.

Shift change
German Hubby,s rolling up in bmw,s and mercedes
Kids, dogs in the car
Hubby give wifey a kiss
Drive home.

LOL!!!
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Syc,

🤣

Not our civil war, the yugoslavian one!

Ooohhhhh!!!!!! Well that’s different!

Never mind.
Posted By: deerstalker Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19
running a insurance repair job in Pasadena Ca. yeas ago. one of the hvac subs walks in and everyone on the job thought we were identical twins. turned out his people came from the same area in Michigan that my people came from. it was spooky looking at him. only way the crew could tell which was which was he had a tat. even had the same crooked front tooth.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19

Shift change
Kids, dogs in the car
Hubby give wifey a kiss
Drive home.

LOL!!!

Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19
Originally Posted by slumlord

LMAO ! Good one Slum !
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19
I was detained for an hour at the airport in Singapore because I looked like somebody else. I never did find out who the lucky bastage was.

mike r
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19
Originally Posted by stxhunter

drummer CCR

me

Loved you in CSN&Y

P
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19
I saw my Dad's doppelganger in Creston, Iowa.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19

Shift change
Kids, dogs in the car
Hubby give wifey a kiss
Drive home.

LOL!!!

LMAO
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19
Back when Glenn Beck was still on Fox I was mistaken for him several times. When his hair was short and still blond. His daughter was at school here then so he was around town fairly often.

I was at the private plane terminal in idaho falls waiting for some business associates to pick me up in a private jet. An employee at the airport came up and said Mr. Beck can I help you with anything. I said I'm not Glenn, he said whatever, how's your daughter doing?

Had another guy following me around Sam's club one day saying I know who you are over and over. I said excuse me and he just said Fox News with a tone of disgust and walked off. Made me think I needed to start carrying again more.

I met Glenn briefly one day at a crash up derby. He was with my friend Roy, they've been friends for years. It was too noisy to talk at all. Roy has always spoke highly of him and says Glenn has always been a great friend and very down to earth. That was about when he got pretty popular at fox for a while.

I asked Roy one day why he thought Glenn left fox. Roy said he probably shouldn't have done that last big special about the Federal Reserve.

Bb
Posted By: CCCC Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19
I've never met one for me - but Kaywoodie looks almost exactly like my older sister.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19
When I drove truck for a big company,I frequently was confused for a guy
from West Memphis. Never met him.

Standing in a store in Southwest WV. Had a lady come up to me and ask,
"Aren't you Dan Hatfield's boy?"

"NO MAM, I ain't from around here."

That could have went bad quick,
once upon a time.

It would suck to be shot for being some other arsehole!
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

It would suck to be shot for being some other arsehole!

That's why being mistaken for Glenn Beck had me worried.

Bb
Posted By: cowdoc Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19
While attending college I spotted my girlfriend on the sidewalk walking my direction. Wanting to surprise her, I dropped my books, made a rush, bear hugged and picked her up.

Surprise for sure-it wasn't her! Same hair, same build and easily could pass as a twin to my girlfriend (and pretty easy on the eyes!). I was mortified!

She was a good sport about it and accepted my apologies-turns out she was dating a guy I knew from one of my classes. We became friends and she enjoyed teasing me about my dumbass stunt the day we met.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19

Attending a family reunion of my wife's dad's family once years ago I spotted a young woman in the crowd who looked exactly like an old photo he had of his deceased mother. She died just weeks after he was born in 1924 and was her only child. He had no memory of her whatsoever. I brought it to his attention and pointed her out to him. He was amazed and went and talked with her for a little while. Turns out she was a relative through his mom's family though quite distant.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

LMAO ! Good one Slum !

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Originally Posted by CCCC
I've never met one for me - but Kaywoodie looks almost exactly like my older sister.

Awesome moustache she has!!!!!
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by stxhunter

drummer CCR

me

Loved you in CSN&Y

P

Roger is a dead ringer for a cousin I have that doesn’t live too far from his AO!
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19
An odd institutional thing, at my work.

At my work, people "goose" each other all the time.
It just playing around, make the guy jump and everyone laughs fun.
(No, we never had sexual harassment training. We have it down!)

Anyway, a contractor was walking in one morning while we were
standing around by the door. One guy mistook him for one of
or worst "Goosers" and was in mid-goose when he realized it wasn't this guy.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][/url]

But the electrician.
That was a close one.
A stranger might not quite get the humor.
I told him later,
He laughed and said,
"That would have been awkward."

Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19
Back in time a ways there was frequent inquiry as to whether I was Mark Spitz. Of late my hair is still dark, his is grey, so the chicks don't ask me that anymore.

Just prior to that I must have looked like a good target to some. Maybe it was my smile?
Posted By: Oklahomahunter Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19
A couple of years ago my wife and I were walking into a place looking to buy some trees. As I was walking up the sidewalk an elderly woman walked out and walked right towards us. I had to stop and stare. I’m sure it freaked her out completely. She looked exactly like my grandmother. Same clothes, same hair, same dentures, same glasses, same walk, everything. I just stood there in amazement. When I looked at my wife she was standing with her mouth open. My grandmother and I were very close and she passed away about 20 years ago. Right about a year after my wife and I began dating. Neither of us could believe it. I felt like I needed to go give her a hug or take her picture.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19

LOL!!!

Did you ever go to Crazy Sexy's in Frankfurt?
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19

Shift change
Kids, dogs in the car
Hubby give wifey a kiss
Drive home.

LOL!!!

LOL
Posted By: Rgramjet Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19
I haven't posted anything of consequence in a while. I feel like I have to share.

I was at The Summerhouse in Rehoboth Beach DE one night with my wife. There was music playing and people were dancing, it was packed.

Cute blonde in front of me reached back and grabbed me by the Garbage and told me over her shoulder,
"that's her!" , referring to a lady dancing in the crowd.

I then saw, the guy she was with, return to her side. Was funny as hell to see her startled expression when he walked up and she put two and two together.

My wife saw the whole thing and laughed her ass off. This was back when she had a sense of humor!

Not sure how much I looked like her dude but I'll never forget it!

Doppeldicker!
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19
Three times when wearing my felt Fred Bear type hunting hat I've been hailed as Harrison Ford after his Raiders series. Twice it was being asked for an autograph while in airports on hunting trips wearing my hunting boots and olive green llbean wool pants.

Wife has been accused several times of being Linda Carter and asked for autographs.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19
Originally Posted by k22hornet
Apparently, I look like someone named Steve.

Back in the late 70's, my girlfriend at the time is getting on the bus in Chicago to go to work, and she see's 'me', so she sits down next to 'me' and almost gets cozy with 'me'. Steve then told her he was not me.

Fast forward to early 1981 or so, and my wife and I are walking in a local park (Denver's Wash Park), when a very attractive Asian girl comes running up to me, arms spread ready to hug me, saying 'Steve'. My wife intervened quickly and told her I was not 'Steve', and then, my wife and I had a spirited conversation about what just happened.

A few years later, a customer I just met told me I looked just like 'Steve', also in Denver.

Somewhere out there, some Steve guy is yelling at strangers, "FOR THE LAST TIME, I'M NOT A K22HORNET...WHATEVER THE PHUGK THAT IS!!!" lol
Posted By: JTman Re: Doppelgänger - 12/14/19
I've had people stop me and tell me I look like Bruce Willis, but that was probably 10 years ago....I'm much better looking now lol (Sarcasm...).

There are friends of mine that when we see them at my sportsman's club they always jag my GF about looking like Tina Fey.
Posted By: cowdoc Re: Doppelgänger - 12/15/19
My cousin was a Navy pilot and was stationed in Japan. Except for being 20lbs bigger, and 20 years younger, he resembled Richard Petty of NASCAR fame. Distinctive moustache & nose and he wore a the big cowboy hat and dark glasses when out of uniform.

A little man scurried up to him on a Tokyo street and tugged on his sleeve. "You wace caw dwivuh?" A nod and a "Yep" made the little man's day!
Posted By: Rgramjet Re: Doppelgänger - 12/15/19
There's a member of my hunt club that looks EXACTLY like Putin. We call him "Putin".
© 24hourcampfire