Home
Posted By: Leanwolf "Richard Jewell," the movie. - 12/15/19
I just watched Clint Eastwood's new movie, Richard Jewell. It is outstanding. Review in the Movie Forum.

L.W.
Good to hear, I likeClint.
I would imagine you would have a better idea of the whole movie making process.
Posted By: 700LH Re: "Richard Jewell," the movie. - 12/15/19
Thanks for the review, it is a must see.
Did you expect anything else?
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
I just watched Clint Eastwood's new movie, Richard Jewell. It is outstanding. Review in the Movie Forum.

L.W.

Cool, I’ll take the Mrs.
Posted By: Sako Re: "Richard Jewell," the movie. - 12/15/19
I was living and working at a TV station in Atlanta at the time this happened... (engineer not a reporter) and what they did to that guy was horrible... felt so bad for him... fairly early on they knew he had nothing to do with it... They (being the FBI) removed all the filters, vents, carpet etc from his apartment and found zero explosive residues... took all his clothes, his vehicle and could find nothing... no offense to Richard but he was not a criminal mastermind that could have pulled off something like that and got away with it... They had nothing and had to make something... I am glad this movie came out to set the record straight.
Posted By: BobMt Re: "Richard Jewell," the movie. - 12/15/19
Originally Posted by Sako
I was living and working at a TV station in Atlanta at the time this happened... (engineer not a reporter) and what they did to that guy was horrible... felt so bad for him... fairly early on they knew he had nothing to do with it... They (being the FBI) removed all the filters, vents, carpet etc from his apartment and found zero explosive residues... took all his clothes, his vehicle and could find nothing... no offense to Richard but he was not a criminal mastermind that could have pulled off something like that and got away with it... They had nothing and had to make something... I am glad this movie came out to set the record straight.

are you trying to say.....that leo is not to be trusted...….bob
Originally Posted by BobMt

are you trying to say.....that leo is not to be trusted...….bob

I wouldn't trust ANY LEO out of range of a video camera/phone
Posted By: KFWA Re: "Richard Jewell," the movie. - 12/15/19

the guy that did do it, Rudolph? I can't remember - they caught him because he was basically living feral eating out of dumpsters.
Too bad he didnt live to see it
Leanwolf: Thank you for the heads up - I am definitely going to see it now.
The Hollywood liberals have been scammin and lyin a bit about this film as best they can.
Not in my town as yet - looks like I will have to travel 65 miles or 105 miles to see it in "adjacent" towns.
I say to Clint Eastwood - "you go boy"!
Keep up the good work Clint.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Eastwood has been a genius as picking and directing stories with some serious depth.

I too, well remember the Jewell incident. Tried and guilty on the front pages by the press. Only a back page footnote when innocent.
Rowdy Yates got all of this started.
The press and our corrupt FBI in effect murdered Richard Jewell. The dirty bastards.
Saw it last night, and in typical Clint fashion, is well done.
Originally Posted by kennyd
Too bad he didnt live to see it

I think his Mom is alive though.
I was living in Atlanta in 1996 and I went to the Summer Olympics.
This was such a big story, of course. Jewell was a goofy looking fat boy and he lived with his mother so the media and the cops decided he was just too weird, he got lynched by the FBI and the media. Very sad story.

In truth he was the hero who discovered the bomb.

Eric Robert Rudolph was a rabid anti abortion guy who also bombed an abortion clinic in Birmingham, killed a nurse and seriously injured a cop. He lived in N. Carolina and they finally pegged him for these crimes. They had the all out manhunt for this guy, hundreds of state and federal cops combing the NC woods, for months, they just couldn't catch him. He lived in the woods for many months, maybe, a year or two.
Finally a rookie cop saw him dumpster diving at 2 am and made the big arrest. He is now in Supermax Florence and as the saying goes, he is so far underground they have to pipe in daylight to his cell. He is under "no human contact" lockdown.

And while the hunt was on, he was FBI Most Wanted for years, his brother, in protest, sawed his left hand off with a circular saw one day.
The FBI scum tipped their hand as to what they're all about under Janet "Butch" Reno.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

And while the hunt was on, he was FBI Most Wanted for years, his brother, in protest, sawed his left hand off with a circular saw one day.

Yeah, "that'll show "em!". 😁
I have to think Clint picked this story in light of the garbage going on in the media today.....not to mention the FBI. Clint is one of a few actors I can stomach in hollyweird.
Poor first weekend revenues, I gotta go see it quick while it’s still up.
It's not a film meant for the Spiderman/Transformer/FastnFurious dork crowd.

Doesn't have to have a stellar opening in dollars.

Folks that would enjoy a film like this might not want to go hang out with dorks and mouthy negroes on cell phones at a sticky-floor theater.
Originally Posted by stevelyn
The FBI scum tipped their hand as to what they're all about under Janet "Butch" Reno.

And don't forget slick Willy was likely getting his pipes blown and didn't want to be embarrassed it happened on his watch. Solve ASAP at all costs.
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: "Richard Jewell," the movie. - 12/17/19
Best line in the movie Jewell's Attorney ask "Do you own any guns?" Jewell's response. "We'er in Georgia".
and the poster on the wall in the Attorney's office that says. "I fear the Government more than Terrorism" There's A message from Clint
Just returned from watching it. Clint did a good job. The Atlanta Journal Constipation reporterette depiction is not bad. There is one scene that might imply she traded sexual favors. I think the movie is being downgraded because it portrays the FBI for what it is— a political tool with its own agenda— and it shows that the press will do anything for a “scoop.” I don’t know about the sex issue, but certainly the female reporterette had an attitude of superiority in the newsroom scenes.

Go see it, then read a little on the subject. The FBI was investigated for its handling and numerous lawsuits were brought by Jewel’s lawyers. All were settled but the one against AJC which took 16 years to conclude in the paper’s favor.

It’s too bad that Jewell died at age 44. Every year on the anniversary of the bombing, he is reported to have laid a rose where the one bombing victim was killed. I personally don’t count the cameraman who died of a heart attack as a bombing victim.
I was in the park the night that bomb went off , we had just boarded the subway and missed the whole thing by less than 30 minutes....
Very sobering to say the least.
Great movie, Clint is the best director out there by far. Really shows light on the current media and gov.
Just saw it on the big screen, I'm glad I did.

Another friggin' great movie from Clint cool

Screws the MSM, AND at least one FBI Agent.

I gotta admit tho, Mr. Jewell did fit the general profile of a guy who would place the bomb himself so he could be a hero. Occam's razor said he was the guy.

Jewell as a suspect was justified, leaking that info to the press was not.

I am sorry Mr Jewell is no longer around to see this movie, in his way he was a good guy.
Posted By: 700LH Re: "Richard Jewell," the movie. - 12/18/19
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Just saw it on the big screen, I'm glad I did.

Another friggin' great movie from Clint cool

Screws the MSM, AND at least one FBI Agent.

I gotta admit tho, Mr. Jewell did fit the general profile of a guy who would place the bomb himself so he could be a hero. Occam's razor said he was the guy.

Jewell as a suspect was justified, leaking that info to the press was not.

I am sorry Mr Jewell is no longer around to see this movie, in his way he was a good guy.

Those profilers were right about BTK and the Green River Killer too and lets not forget the Mcmartin pros.

Isn't profiler a synonym for psychic?
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I was living in Atlanta in 1996 and I went to the Summer Olympics.
This was such a big story, of course. Jewell was a goofy looking fat boy and he lived with his mother so the media and the cops decided he was just too weird, he got lynched by the FBI and the media. Very sad story.

In truth he was the hero who discovered the bomb.

Eric Robert Rudolph was a rabid anti abortion guy who also bombed an abortion clinic in Birmingham, killed a nurse and seriously injured a cop. He lived in N. Carolina and they finally pegged him for these crimes. They had the all out manhunt for this guy, hundreds of state and federal cops combing the NC woods, for months, they just couldn't catch him. He lived in the woods for many months, maybe, a year or two.
Finally a rookie cop saw him dumpster diving at 2 am and made the big arrest. He is now in Supermax Florence and as the saying goes, he is so far underground they have to pipe in daylight to his cell. He is under "no human contact" lockdown.

One of my shooting friends was an ATF sniper. He spent a lot of time camping out in the woods looking for that feller.
Just saw an 11 am showing of it. Eastwood did a tremendous job with it. Portraying big media for the phony S.O.B.'s that they are and how the FBI can ruin lives in the name of their sometimes biased investigations.
Apparently the MSM hates this movie, so it must be pretty accurate. I think I'll go see this one in a theater. Thanks, Clint. You've always been a stand-up guy.
I'd like to see this show. I saw a bit of el camino again the other day and though about how gutsy Clint was to pit that show together.

I wanted to like his Invictus movie too but the sound was mixed so poorly on that one and the music so poor I could hardly sit through it.

Not a Clint show but I'm excited to see 1917. I cant wait for it and it's not often lately that I've been that excited about a show.

Bb
Posted By: JMR40 Re: "Richard Jewell," the movie. - 12/18/19
The movie is basically fiction, I'm disappointed in Clint. I don't live in Atlanta, but close enough to get all of my news from there. Jewell was the initial primary suspect for good reason. His behavior prior to, and right after the incident screamed that he may have done it. The FBI was right to investigate him. For the 1st few days there was a lot of media coverage, but within a week pretty much everyone figured out they were looking at the wrong guy and he was cleared within a relatively short time (about 3 months). But long before that the focus had shifted away from Jewell.

It is true that he was inconvenienced for a time and I don't blame him for filing the lawsuits. But at the end of the day his name was cleared, he received the recognition he deserved, and was rewarded handsomely financially for his trouble. If the story ended there all would be fine. But Jewell spent the rest of his life trying to convince people he was a hero who had been done wrong. Seems to me the FBI profile of him wanting to be a hero was accurate. A hero is the guy who rushes into a burning building and pulls people out. They cop who stands in the road detouring traffic around the burning build is doing his job. Jewell did his job, but was no hero.
© 24hourcampfire