Home
Posted By: mark shubert Rem Walker trigger - 12/20/19
Didn't want to hijack the other thread - but who makes the best trigger for a 700 - also for a 600?

Opinions / reason for said opinions?
Posted By: utah708 Re: Rem Walker trigger - 12/20/19
Best varies, depending on the use. For a target/varmint trigger, the Jewell is hard to beat. But in the 2-2.5 # range there may be better options, including the good old Timney. I am quite taken by the Triggertech, but don't have enough field experience with it yet. Bix'n Andy real popular among competition shooters.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Rem Walker trigger - 12/20/19
I dont think you can beat a TriggerTech for the quality and price. personally.
Posted By: woodson Re: Rem Walker trigger - 12/20/19
Triggertech is a insta purchase.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Rem Walker trigger - 12/20/19
Which triggertech? Primary, special or diamond. Have timney in 5 different rifles and like them.....
I haven't had a gun with a Triggertech out in freezing rain, or needed to leave it outside a wall tent overnight in near zero temps. So I can't 100% vouch for them yet. But they are impressive triggers pulls.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Rem Walker trigger - 12/20/19
I just looked.

Primary Curved is what I have.
Posted By: Judman Re: Rem Walker trigger - 12/20/19
Timney in my 660
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Rem Walker trigger - 12/20/19
~ 3 -3 1/2# range -hunting and prairie dogs, mostly.
Posted By: woodson Re: Rem Walker trigger - 12/20/19
Triggertech primary. You’ll be very pleased
Posted By: justsaymoe Re: Rem Walker trigger - 12/20/19
Any experience with Shilen triggers?
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Rem Walker trigger - 12/20/19
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Which triggertech? Primary, special or diamond. Have timney in 5 different rifles and like them.....

I really like the special set at 2.5#, but I haven’t run a diamond. I think scenarshooter has one on his new rifle which has a thread of its own going. Perhaps he will weigh in.
Posted By: kingston Re: Rem Walker trigger - 12/20/19

I run several in all three in varieties. I’ve used them in the rain, snow, dust, left them outside in the cold for days on end during hunting season. I’m a fan. I like the Bix’n Andy too.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Rem Walker trigger - 12/20/19
I've always used Timneys, but want to try a Triggertech. Have had excellent results with the Timney triggers.
Posted By: Girlhunter Re: Rem Walker trigger - 12/20/19
Originally Posted by justsaymoe
Any experience with Shilen triggers?

Have had and have a few, no problems and do all I need being done.
Posted By: EQFD193 Re: Rem Walker trigger - 12/20/19
I have two and like them a lot...Just ordered the Diamond curved for the .22 Vudoo I'm putting together.

Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I dont think you can beat a TriggerTech for the quality and price. personally.

Posted By: kingston Re: Rem Walker trigger - 12/20/19
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

I really like the special set at 2.5#, but I haven’t run a diamond. I think scenarshooter has one on his new rifle which has a thread of its own going. Perhaps he will weigh in.

The Diamonds have an identical function and feel to the Primary and Special. They can just be tuned down to 4oz. The Diamond Pro Curved has a smooth face like the Diamond Straight, rather than the regular ribbed trigger.
Posted By: AnsonRogers Re: Rem Walker trigger - 12/20/19
I have about decided on the Trigger Tech Primary. Where is the best place to buy?
Prices seem pretty standardized, so support a vendor you hope stays in business. Red Hawk Rifles would be as good as any.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Rem Walker trigger - 12/20/19
Red Hawk are good folks.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Rem Walker trigger - 12/20/19
Originally Posted by kingston

The Diamonds have an identical function and feel to the Primary and Special. They can just be tuned down to 4oz. The Diamond Pro Curved has a smooth face like the Diamond Straight, rather than the regular ribbed trigger.

So if you're planning a 2 1/2# pull in a hunting gun there's no benefit to the extra $$ for a special or diamond?
Posted By: kingston Re: Rem Walker trigger - 12/21/19
Originally Posted by kingston

So if you're planning a 2 1/2# pull in a hunting gun there's no benefit to the extra $$ for a special or diamond?

Correct.
Posted By: Gun_Geezer Re: Rem Walker trigger - 12/21/19
Originally Posted by AnsonRogers
I have about decided on the Trigger Tech Primary. Where is the best place to buy?

Midway USA has a sale on right now.
© 24hourcampfire