Home
Posted By: DigitalDan Alexa - 12/24/19
Family friends have a curious tech toy that plays music of choice on verbal demand, and will "discuss" things, the fine points about limits or capabilities being lost on me. Sits on the kitchen counter adjacent to a major traffic path in the house. Apparently there is some humorous conflict between adults, teenagers and toddlers now and again, and it seems the tactical advantage lays with those of fewer years. Teenagers want to hear current rock, the old man of the house wants to hear something like Eye of the Tiger, and in the middle of it all the 5 yr old granddaughter walks into the fray and says "Alexa, Fart!"

And boy howdy, does she! ROTFLMAO......
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Alexa - 12/24/19
That's funny!!
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Alexa - 12/24/19
Just remember, if that thing is listening to you all the time...it's listening to you all the time. And sending every bit of it to...?
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Alexa - 12/24/19
Probably true, but it ain't my house and, well, I can think of a 1,000 ways to screw with their heads. And the granddaughter can likely cook up another 2-3 thou on her own. laugh

Not even Einstein can calculate the possibilities in that little brain.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Alexa - 12/24/19
This summer I bought a cell phone from Amazon. Amazon loaded a bunch of their crap on it including alexa. I can't delete it but I was able to deactivate it. I don't know if it's still listening in. I never talk about anything crucial to national security anyway.
Posted By: RMerta Re: Alexa - 12/24/19
Alexa play Waylon Jennings......anything that can play Waylon at my request is alright with me.
What if......Alexa heard a conversation between Shifty and Pelosivich about how they were going to kidnap Don Jr and sell Melania to the Chinese? The possibilities boggle the mind....
[Linked Image from images3.memedroid.com]
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Alexa - 12/24/19
Hahahahaha!

You dont have to sell your body to the night...........
Posted By: poboy Re: Alexa - 12/24/19
Alexa, what color panties are you wearing today?
Posted By: 673 Re: Alexa - 12/24/19
She sounds hot.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Alexa - 12/24/19
Should "paper" the walls with tin foil.
Posted By: JGray Re: Alexa - 12/24/19
My grandsons discovered Alexa could fart soon after we got the device - she's impressive! More recently it's: 'Alexa, I just farted' and she replies with 'Congratulations' followed by clapping. The boys entertain themselves for hours with Alexa...
Posted By: aalf Re: Alexa - 12/24/19
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Alexa - 12/24/19
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Just remember, if that thing is listening to you all the time...it's listening to you all the time. And sending every bit of it to...?

Jeff Bezos and/or his designees. That should provide some reassurance that nothing bad could come from it.
Posted By: tdbob Re: Alexa - 12/24/19
Any expectation of privacy is thrown out the window by having one of these devices.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Alexa - 12/24/19
And if you don't have Alexa there are fart noise apps for your smart phone. So how much could we be spending for a fancy fart box? laugh
Posted By: ingwe Re: Alexa - 12/24/19
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS
Originally Posted by nighthawk
And if you don't have Alexa there are fart noise apps for your smart phone. So how much could we be spending for a fancy fart box? laugh

I'd have Alexa asking "Who Schitt?"......
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Alexa - 12/24/19
They definitely listen to you. I have a Kindle fire tablet. Alexa is turned off but I can tell by the adds I see that it is listening.
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Alexa - 12/24/19
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Family friends have a curious tech toy that plays music of choice on verbal demand, and will "discuss" things, the fine points about limits or capabilities being lost on me. Sits on the kitchen counter adjacent to a major traffic path in the house. Apparently there is some humorous conflict between adults, teenagers and toddlers now and again, and it seems the tactical advantage lays with those of fewer years. Teenagers want to hear current rock, the old man of the house wants to hear something like Eye of the Tiger, and in the middle of it all the 5 yr old granddaughter walks into the fray and says "Alexa, Fart!"

And boy howdy, does she! ROTFLMAO......
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by aalf
Originally Posted by nighthawk

I'd have Alexa asking "Who Schitt?"......

Artificial Intelligence has gone way too far when Alexa and a fart noise app start having a conversation.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Alexa - 12/24/19
It wouldn't surprise me if you could get a phone ring tone of a fart. They have about everything else.
So just for fun I had to Google, just page one. Makes you wonder what this world is coming to.

31 Farting Ringtones by Fart Ringtones on Spotify

Fart Ringtones - Free by ZEDGEâ„¢

Fart Ringtones - Apps on Google Play

Free Fart Sounds and Ringtones - Apps on Google Play

Free Fart Ringtones: Appstore for Android - Amazon.com

Fart Sounds - Apple Music

Free Fart Ringtones for your mobile phone & tablet
© 24hourcampfire